2 Weeks Remaining: MODERATOR WANTED Join the MyGolfSpy Staff! Read more... ×

MCaseyM

I wouldn't really consider it a great place to really work on your game or dial in your irons. The balls are limited flight and have micro chips in them. Much different flight.

Right. It's like golf "bowling". It's a place to have fun and whack a few balls at targets. I love the place, but much like playing in a scramble, you won't get "better" by playing there.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Been going to TG for about 10 years or so bc there is one 15 minutes from my house. They just built a new one 45 minutes away that is completely updated. Been to the ones in Scottsdale and Dallas as well. So much fun, especially for the non golfer.

Would you rather introduce someone to golf at TG or your local range? I know I'd choose TG every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

• Like 2

Right. It's like golf "bowling". It's a place to have fun and whack a few balls at targets. I love the place, but much like playing in a scramble, you won't get "better" by playing there.

Good to know, thanks

I've been to Top Golf in Katy & Austin, TX and the ATL location. It can get steep $$-wise, but we usually take customers, so it's cheaper than a lot of other entertainment.

Going to the Austin location on Monday with people from the home office.

What kind of clubs do they have you can use? And are the balls really restricted?

How much should I club up =)

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Whenever D.C. has their golf show I'll go down with my friend and cousin and we'll hit the Top Golf in Ashburn VA. Love it. Have also been to the one in Alexandria. It's such a great atmosphere. I think the big selling point is that you don't have to be a "golfer" to enjoy it. It's still a great place to go with friends and just hang out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Went to the one in KC last year, its fun. We played on the 2nd story.. Lil nervous with the height & closeness to the edge. Lol

• Like 1

Well, I finally got to go and it was a lot of fun. There were 3 of us and we got through 2 games in 2 hours. Prolly won't go at night again unless with a bigger group as it gets pricey fast, but damn, try the mac n cheese eggrolls, they'll change your life

• Like 1

Is this a franchise?

I don't think they are franchised at this point. Think they are privately owned.

I went to the original one in Alexandria 's 2 or 3 times a week when they first opened about 12 years ago. It was a lot different model than it is now.

It still a fun time and seems like a great way to introduce kids and the wife to the game while getting family time in.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Well I went, I played, I drank. Lol

It was fun even with house clubs. Took me a bit to get a feel for it but I finally did. Back net /green I think was only 215 and it took all I had to get it there.

I dunno if I'll go back but if the company is paying them in going. Otherwise I'll probably hit a regular range =)

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

• Like 1

I went with the family and everyone had a great time.  I was the only one with golfing experience.  The food is really good. The price is cheaper during the day and goes up in the evening.  I definitely recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to go.

• Like 1

Some of my buddies took me there for my bachelor party, we had a great time, yes the balls are limited flight and the chips don't read really accurate, but it's was still a great time.

It's a little pricey, but I'll go back.

• Like 1

I'm headed to a TopGolf in Orlando in a few minutes, I'll update when I get back later tonight. Not sure what to expect.

I've been curious to try one since I first read about it several years ago; unfortunately closest one so far is like an hour and a half (or worse with bad traffic) away.

Unrelated, but after reading that story about TopGolf I bought a few shares in Callaway Golf stock as they were listed as one of the major investors.

I go to the one in Vegas for work events a fair bit - great time but not the same as hitting my clubs at a driving range. The clubs and balls don't lend themselves to being dialed in. Food is good.

Just got back a few minutes ago. My observation is that 95% of the people there don't even know what club they're swinging, and have never touched a club. They were 6 of us, and we played the “topgolf game”. 20 balls a piece at 4 different targets. Took longer than expected because you had to wait until it tracked your last shot. Would be a lot of fun if you used your on clubs and there was only 2-3 people. The balls have micro chips inside them, that I found to appear to be very inaccurate. It said my ball speed was 158mph with a 98ft apex and only carrying 200. Maybe that was the max range length.? Overall I say if you've never been to one it's worth a stop if you're near by. I will probably go again if they get one closer to my house(as of now the closest one is close to a 2 hour drive). I'm going to give it a 7-10 because there was a bar and restaurant inside and a waitress that came by regularly to see if you wanted anything.

• Like 1

Here's a pic. Those are just two random guys that ended up in the picture. Snapped it while we were waiting for a bay to open up. IMG_0843.JPG

Blake