What equipment are you thinking about?

null

3 hours ago, Off Map Oscar said:

I want a new putting trainer that's longer than the 7ft mat I have currently.  Need something closer to 20.

I use the PuttOut Pressure Putt just sitting on the carpet in our bonus room.  Can get a pretty decent distance this way.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Like a lot of others, this new GT driver line is in my head. Still swinging the TS2 with the Evenflow t1100 shaft that I love. l've tried to "self fit" myself into the Stealth, TSR2 and TSR3 over the past 2-3 years but could never hit them as consistent or solid and always end up back to the TS2. May have to pull the trigger on a fitting this weekend. Will break my heart if the GT isn't better numbers. 

Mizuno / TaylorMade / Titleist 

I did a Titleist iron fitting over the weekend and it was AWESOME. I wish I could sh** $1500 right away so I can stop thinking about these:

image.png.60341393614ea051852f3a21a087466a.png

Current clubs: TM P770 4-PW - Not fitted. I've had them for the last two years, and although I like them, the mishits are penalized heavily with lost distance. The flushes are buttery smooth and the sound is euphoric. 

P770 Numbers with 7i: 148 Carry, 45* descent angle, 3900 RPM, 15 yard dispersion from centerline (can't remember ball speed)

T150 Numbers with 7i: 160 carry, 50* descent angle, 5800 RPM, 8 yard dispersion from centerline. 

Honestly I thought it was going to take more than the 20 minutes that it took. I hit 10 of my own 7i, then 5 with the T200, then 5 with the T150. Stayed in the T150, but then tried 3 or 4 other shafts before making the lie angle change, then hit 3 consecutive lasers. Fitter just looked at me with a smile almost as big as mine and said "Yeah, we're done. These are the ones." Also hit a couple 4's and 5's with the same specs and validated that yes - these are the ones. 

I didn't buy as my wife would murder me - but the $100 to have my numbers and the fitting tied to my Titleist account are worth it for when I cash my credit card rewards points in when the new irons drop next spring / summer. 

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

1 hour ago, taylorjonasher said:

I did a Titleist iron fitting over the weekend and it was AWESOME. I wish I could sh** $1500 right away so I can stop thinking about these:

image.png.60341393614ea051852f3a21a087466a.png

Current clubs: TM P770 4-PW - Not fitted. I've had them for the last two years, and although I like them, the mishits are penalized heavily with lost distance. The flushes are buttery smooth and the sound is euphoric. 

P770 Numbers with 7i: 148 Carry, 45* descent angle, 3900 RPM, 15 yard dispersion from centerline (can't remember ball speed)

T150 Numbers with 7i: 160 carry, 50* descent angle, 5800 RPM, 8 yard dispersion from centerline. 

Honestly I thought it was going to take more than the 20 minutes that it took. I hit 10 of my own 7i, then 5 with the T200, then 5 with the T150. Stayed in the T150, but then tried 3 or 4 other shafts before making the lie angle change, then hit 3 consecutive lasers. Fitter just looked at me with a smile almost as big as mine and said "Yeah, we're done. These are the ones." Also hit a couple 4's and 5's with the same specs and validated that yes - these are the ones. 

I didn't buy as my wife would murder me - but the $100 to have my numbers and the fitting tied to my Titleist account are worth it for when I cash my credit card rewards points in when the new irons drop next spring / summer. 

Have you considered trying out a P770 7i with the same specs as the T150 post fitting? Or having a “fit your bag” session to see if changing shaft and L/L/L would give you the same improvements with less $ spent? With the shaft and other specs, you could buy some pulled shafts of the right spec and try gaming that. 

That said, new clubs is always a bigger draw and much more fun. Ha ha. 

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 MAX 9* w. Denali 60g 6.5 (XS)

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Incoming soon: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. :projectx: Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x //  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

2 hours ago, Indy_Oz said:

Have you considered trying out a P770 7i with the same specs as the T150 post fitting? Or having a “fit your bag” session to see if changing shaft and L/L/L would give you the same improvements with less $ spent? With the shaft and other specs, you could buy some pulled shafts of the right spec and try gaming that. 

That said, new clubs is always a bigger draw and much more fun. Ha ha. 

I haven't, but probably should. I did notice quite a bit less drop off on distance on mishits with the T150's - I don't know how much of that to attribute to shaft difference. It's quite possible that the same shaft will deliver the club head similarly to the T150's. I also don't know jack between the two other than the fitter seemed extremely pleased with the results, as was I. There was one shot in particular that stood out, the first ball I hit with the Modus Tour and the lie adjustment. I turned around to the fitter and said "If you asked me what an ideal 7 iron shot would be to me - it was that right there." 160 carry and a mid-low trajectory with 5 yards of draw. I then hit two more nearly identical. Every number got better and felt better. It's possible I could have the same results with my current heads and different shafts, but I don't know - the numbers from Saturday are really hard to argue with!

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

I'm feeling really torn right now. Should I go with the Jailbird Cruiser, the Callaway Rogue ST Max fairway, or hold off until spring to get some new irons?🧐

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The obvious answer is that you need a Jailbird Cruiser, a Callaway Rogue ST Max fairway, and  some new irons

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115uz02eq1pf9o4wtu7y

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

15 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The obvious answer is that you need a Jailbird Cruiser, a Callaway Rogue ST Max fairway, and  some new irons

Can’t ask a question like that on this site😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

15 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I think I need to buy you a case of beer @cnosil! 😆

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

I just got into the Srixon ZX7 MKII's.  I just got back into the game about 2 yrs ago.  When I first got back into golf I bought the TMade Stealth Irons. Loved em but knew they were the Game Improvement Irons.  I felt like my game wouldn't progress until I got a player's Iron.  Love the decision but hate the distance I have lost.  It honestly isn't a ton but still noticeable. I am way more accurate with the Srixon's though.   The major problem I have had is putting. I grew up using a blade. Purchased a SCameron Squareback 2.  Hated it so ended up grabbing a new Spider CB. 34 inch and just getting used to it.   I honestly have became addicted to the game all over again and love it.  My handicap has fallen and fallen since coming back.. Thinking about getting into tournament play in the next year or so.  Love this site and everything it has. All of this community has really helped me with making different choices and screening out what I should and shouldn't consider.

in my bag now which is not legal due to having 30 clubs.  Not literally but alot.

Driver- TaylorMade Qi10 Designer 9 degree

3Wood- TaylorMade Stealth2 HL

5Wood- TaylorMade Stealth

7Wood- TaylorMade Qi10

2&3 irons- Srixon MKII 

4-PW Srixon MKII ZX7 All Irons loft strengthened by 1

48 degree Cleveland RTX

52 degree TaylorMade MG4

56 degree TaylorMade HI-TOE

60 degree TaylorMade HI-TOE

Putter SpiderTour CB 34 inch

48 minutes ago, BlaizerMayfield said:

I just got into the Srixon ZX7 MKII's.  I just got back into the game about 2 yrs ago.  When I first got back into golf I bought the TMade Stealth Irons. Loved em but knew they were the Game Improvement Irons.  I felt like my game wouldn't progress until I got a player's Iron.  Love the decision but hate the distance I have lost.  It honestly isn't a ton but still noticeable. I am way more accurate with the Srixon's though.   The major problem I have had is putting. I grew up using a blade. Purchased a SCameron Squareback 2.  Hated it so ended up grabbing a new Spider CB. 34 inch and just getting used to it.   I honestly have became addicted to the game all over again and love it.  My handicap has fallen and fallen since coming back.. Thinking about getting into tournament play in the next year or so.  Love this site and everything it has. All of this community has really helped me with making different choices and screening out what I should and shouldn't consider.

in my bag now which is not legal due to having 30 clubs.  Not literally but alot.

Driver- TaylorMade Qi10 Designer 9 degree

3Wood- TaylorMade Stealth2 HL

5Wood- TaylorMade Stealth

7Wood- TaylorMade Qi10

2&3 irons- Srixon MKII 

4-PW Srixon MKII ZX7 All Irons loft strengthened by 1

48 degree Cleveland RTX

52 degree TaylorMade MG4

56 degree TaylorMade HI-TOE

60 degree TaylorMade HI-TOE

Putter SpiderTour CB 34 inch

As long as you have a club long enough to get there and your gaps aren't too big, you will be much better off with accuracy over distance. I'd love to hear what you think of the zx7 after you've had more time. 

I've also gotten heavily back into golf but only for about the past year now. I got fitted into Mizuno jpx 923 Forged which I've really liked, but sometimes wonder if the lighter graphite shafts are hurting my directional control. It's definitely a swing issue, but I feel it made worse by lighter clubs. I grabbed a set of 923 tours with heavier steel shafts to test out. Direction was better but mis-hits had a more noticeable distance drop on mid and long irons. The next morning after testing them out, I woke up with shoulder pain and decided I didn't want to worry about steel shafts causing me injuries, especially as I'm getting older. 

I'm now planning to play around with adding weight to my graphite shafts to see if that helps dispersion. Ideally, I'd fix my swing, but tinkering is fun too. I was watching videos of my swing yesterday and realized many of the swing flaws I worked on a few months ago are creeping back. And the biggest flaws seem to not be improving.

Edited by RickM71

Rick

Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke TD 10.5 Denali Black 60 Stiff
3 Wood:  Cobra Aerojet 15 Kai'li Blue 60 Stiff
3 Hybrid:  Cobra Aerojet 19 KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons 5-Gap:  Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, Recoil SW 780 Stiff
SW:  Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 56/11
Putter:  Odyssey 2 Ball

I have noticed my flaws seem to always creep back in when I spend a couple days away from the sticks.  That's why I have made it part of my routine to go 5 times a week to at the very least putt and keep sharp.  It is hard to keep up with the routine while working but the love of the game keeps me coming back. 

I also switched shafts when switching from the stealth to the ZX7's.  The stealth's had the KBS 85g shaft's. But my ZX7's have the Nippon 120's.  I love the heavier weight but I do see what you mean with being more worn out the day after.  I dealt with that for the first couple weeks but really worked through it.. But I am noticing that with my age creeper up there I am losing a lot more than I care to admit at points.  I decided to get the Golf Forever resistant training.  I will be grabbing that this week so I hope it gets me back in shape so I can play this game till the dirt is thrown on top of my box.  I sir am a full fledged GolfAddict

I will for sure let you know how well the Srixon's treat me in a couple months.  I played 9 holes the other day on one of the easier tracks around here and shot +2. So I can really tell a difference so far in accuracy.

12 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

I'm feeling really torn right now. Should I go with the Jailbird Cruiser, the Callaway Rogue ST Max fairway, or hold off until spring to get some new irons?🧐

The correct answer is yes to all now! 

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

The last few times playing, I've noticed my milled grind (original) black 56* wedge just doesn't have the grip on the ball like it used to when I first got it. Looking around online, I saw an ad for these Hi-Toe 4 wedges and I am pretty sure I'm going to replace all my wedges with these after a proper wedge fitting/gap analysis fitting when they come out.... beautiful!!! 😍😍😍😍😍

MGS2.jpg.341211dd753ac5cd5d909b31fb0966f9.jpg

Driver:         :titleist-small: TSR2 10.5*
FW wood:   :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3
Hybrid:        :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 Hybrid
Irons:           :mizuno-small:  JPX921 HM 5-GW
Wedges:      :taylormade-small: Black Milled Grind 56*, :callaway-small: Sure Out 2 58*, :mizuno-small: Blue T22 60*
Putter:         :odyssey-small: AI One Milled Eight T S
Ball:              :callaway-small:  Chrome Soft triple track 
Cart:              :Clicgear: 3.0 Pushcart
Shoes:           :footjoy-small: Premieres (So damn comfy) or 
adidas.jpg.68e67ffa35e40e0c3ad8be2ba26f3df3.jpg Tour360's 
Bag:                
AskEcho.jpg.d4dbb4965bf0480bbd5a3cff553f567f.jpg  2024 T-Lock Navy Grey (I love this thing) 

1 hour ago, sevegolfs said:

The last few times playing, I've noticed my milled grind (original) black 56* wedge just doesn't have the grip on the ball like it used to when I first got it. Looking around online, I saw an ad for these Hi-Toe 4 wedges and I am pretty sure I'm going to replace all my wedges with these after a proper wedge fitting/gap analysis fitting when they come out.... beautiful!!! 😍😍😍😍😍

MGS2.jpg.341211dd753ac5cd5d909b31fb0966f9.jpg

Love the look of these wedges!  I have a 52* Cleveland full face that works great for me and eventually would like to get full face in my other wedges.  These TM Hi-Toes look really nice!

PXG Gen6 0311 driver 9 degree with Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g stiff shaft

Tour Edge Exotics C722 2 hybrid (17 degree)

Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 3 hybrid (20 degree)

Callaway Mavrik 5 hybrid (23 degree)

PXG 0311XP Gen3 irons 6-PW

Wedges: Edel 48 degree;  Cleveland RTX Fullface 52 degree; Cleveland Smartsole 58 degree

Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 putter

Wedges are always on my brain. I don’t ever seem to be satisfied..

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

5 minutes ago, BlaizerMayfield said:

Sir their hasn’t been a truer statement on this thing they call the internet ever!

Haha. Well. I try to be honest..

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

30 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

@Rob Personjust won himself a nice little PXG wedge on instagram.  Time to play the lottery Bobby

Damn I wish I could win something. Only thing I ever win is who’s paying for the next round when the cart girl comes around

31 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

@Rob Personjust won himself a nice little PXG wedge on instagram.  Time to play the lottery Bobby

Thanks! Kyle is a great guy and awesome fitter for pxg! I'm stoked for this wedge!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Just now, BlaizerMayfield said:

Damn I wish I could win something. Only thing I ever win is who’s paying for the next round when the cart girl comes around

Have an IG account? We have a thread for Instagram tagging crew! Happy to add you to it!  @Owengeorge13 thanks

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Thanks! Kyle is a great guy and awesome fitter for pxg! I'm stoked for this wedge!

@Rob Person you’re on IG 🔥 winning contests! Send somE of your luck my way! 😂🤔

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

Would also love some of these.

IMG_5091.jpeg

I'm gradually filling out my bag with newer equipment, having been out of golf for 30 years until last fall. I have a 49 degree gap wedge with my new MIzuno irons and I have an older 56 degree Cleveland wedge I've been mostly happy with.  I have a matching 50 degree cleveland I turned up to 52 degrees, but the distance difference from my gap wedge wasn't big enough for me to find it useful.  I picked up a 58 degree Taylor Made milled grind 3, based on the positive reviews and tried it for the first time today.  I had some good shots and some bad shots with it today, but it isn't enough for me to make any conclusions.  The bad shots were not the club's fault.  

Ideally, I really need to get fit for wedges, and that seems like the type of thing you need to do on a grass range.  Even better would be if they were an instructor who could teach me proper wedge technique, especially around the green, but I'd settle for a proper wedge fitting.

Does anyone know of a recommended wedge fitter in the chicago area?  Or should I just start going to demo days for the various manufacturers, and test out whatever they have available?

Rick

Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke TD 10.5 Denali Black 60 Stiff
3 Wood:  Cobra Aerojet 15 Kai'li Blue 60 Stiff
3 Hybrid:  Cobra Aerojet 19 KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons 5-Gap:  Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, Recoil SW 780 Stiff
SW:  Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 56/11
Putter:  Odyssey 2 Ball

8 hours ago, BlaizerMayfield said:

Jrferrell1982

Done

WITB-

On 8/24/2024 at 6:27 PM, Quigleyd said:

Wedges are always on my brain. I don’t ever seem to be satisfied..

Love it. Totally agree. I have too many wedges as it is - there I said it 😆 - and been thinking about adding an ES21 60° to go with the 54 that I really like. 

So today I found one Like New on Callaway Pre-owned and heck yeah now it's on the way to me!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg