Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

I bought some new spikes for my shoes today? Does that count?

Oh, and on side note.... there was a Titleist driver of some type in the golf shop today. Sorry but I didn't take a pic or recall what model it was. It had a brushed metallic looking crown and the sticker price was $999.99!! If anyone is interested I'd bet they'll ship it for free.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Having just completed my review of the Cobra F6 irons that are in my bag and having aquired the Cobra King LTD Driver, there isn't much left.  I got a new putter last Christmas (Bellum Winmore 707).  The only thing left is fairways and wedges.  Well, i just pre-ordered the Bombtech 4 Hybrid & Wedge set.....so I am good......for now.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I bought some new spikes for my shoes today? Does that count?

Oh, and on side note.... there was a Titleist driver of some type in the golf shop today. Sorry but I didn't take a pic or recall what model it was. It had a brushed metallic looking crown and the sticker price was $999.99!! If anyone is interested I'd bet they'll ship it for free.

I think that's the new c16. Its their driver to "compete" with the pxg stuff. No thanks haha

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I try not to think about new golf equipment...only costs me money. Last time I had a thought I went and bought a Hogan VKTR hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Nice, those are some solid sets. Have you hit either yet?

I have hit the Ap2 and the RSI 2, but I haven't had the chance to hit the RSI TP. I'm leaning towards the ap2 because of the feel and the look, but the RSI is still a good looking and feeling iron with some extra distance, but the price difference between the ap2 and the RSI 2 might lean me towards the RSI 2.

I want the cobra baffler that came out a few months ago. Just waiting to find one on the bay. I know in the offseason I must replace my wedges and I'm thinking bout the new mizzys

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I have hit the Ap2 and the RSI 2, but I haven't had the chance to hit the RSI TP. I'm leaning towards the ap2 because of the feel and the look, but the RSI is still a good looking and feeling iron with some extra distance, but the price difference between the ap2 and the RSI 2 might lean me towards the RSI 2.

Yeah the ap2s sound/feel a little better but they perform really similarly. The Srixon 545s are marked down now with the 565s coming out and they perform very similar to the rsi2 with the feel of the ap2s. Callaway apex is another good option.

Yeah the ap2s sound/feel a little better but they perform really similarly. The Srixon 545s are marked down now with the 565s coming out and they perform very similar to the rsi2 with the feel of the ap2s. Callaway apex is another good option.

I've heard good things about the 545s, but I'm yet to find them anywhere. As before the Apex irons both the old and current models are a bit pricy for me. I am in love with the Apex Cf16s though. I would buy those in a heartbeat if the price is right.

I've heard good things about the 545s, but I'm yet to find them anywhere. As before the Apex irons both the old and current models are a bit pricy for me. I am in love with the Apex Cf16s though. I would buy those in a heartbeat if the price is right.

Yeah the Srixon 545s were only in a few Golfsmiths and pga superstores. If you lived anywhere near Philly or NYC we could meet up and you could hit mine. It's a shame they weren't more available at retail locations and I hope the 2016 line makes it into more stores.

Callaway pre-owned might have some good deals on the 2014 apex line. For the 545s they are marked down a good amount on srixon's site but the s300 is the only shaft option available.

I actually just used a fitter that had the 545 head and shafts and got fitted and had them reshaft mine

Yeah the Srixon 545s were only in a few Golfsmiths and pga superstores. If you lived anywhere near Philly or NYC we could meet up and you could hit mine. It's a shame they weren't more available at retail locations and I hope the 2016 line makes it into more stores.

Callaway pre-owned might have some good deals on the 2014 apex line. For the 545s they are marked down a good amount on srixon's site but the s300 is the only shaft option available.

I actually just used a fitter that had the 545 head and shafts and got fitted and had them reshaft mine

I've looked on Callaway's site for deals, the 2014 apex and visually unappealing to me. It's really a shame that the 2016 irons arent cheaper. They feel amazing and fly like rockets.

I keep thinking about the Hogan VKTR hybrids that I will be testing soon. I'm wondering why I'm doing this because right now I am liking my RBZs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I keep thinking about taking the plunge on a Wishon 12-point fitting for a set of irons. I have played around with different OEM offerings (and their version of custom fitting) and I guess I can say that I have been drinking the Wishon koolaid regarding what he would consider a "true" custom fit. I'm a sucker for the lore of an ornery genius who sits in his tower designing new clubs. I don't think Tom would object too much to my characterization—makes him seem like some sort of modern day wizard. Anyway, my equipment yearnings often change by the month so we will see.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Also! Just bought a clicgear 3.5+. Anyone else on here recently make the switch from carrying to pushing? Hoping it fixes my late round collapses.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I'm looking at a blade type putter. Want a Scotty. Been rolling a 2 ball for 10 years and it's time for a change. Afraid to get a Scotty off the bay but not sure about paying full price...anybody got one?!?!

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, Cally XR16 Driver, G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I E1 irons, Vokey SM5 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I just traded in some old stuff and got a $270 gift card to Galaxy.

Thinking about Under Armour shoes or maybe holding off for the new RTX3 Wedges.

Mind if I ask you what you traded? You check value on clubs and it's always garbage but I hear people getting pretty good trade value out of items. Looked up the value of a 3 wood that is this years model and it said $70.....

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, Cally XR16 Driver, G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I E1 irons, Vokey SM5 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I just completed a buying frenzy of 2 pairs of shoes, driver, 4 wood, 2 hybrids, and a bag. Only the hybrids and bag are starters at this point.

I was fortunate enough to be selected as a winner of a set of Wilson C200's last Spring, thank you Wilson and MGS!

The bottom of my bag is untouchable and has been for three years, putter for 10. I bought two dozen B330 RXs for Christmas and Barbajo was kind enough to bring me a dozen when we played earlier this year so I still have tons of balls. I bought Sports Authority out of gloves in my size. I've taken 4 lessons this year. My handicap index is down to 3.9.

I woke up happy with the state of my game and my equipment. How long that will last is anyone's guess but I'm good on equipment right now thanks for asking. :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Looking at a possible shaft change in my iron, but that will be next month.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

That reminds me I had a comment to make on that thread. Go to a fitter but I'm confident that you need a stiffer shaft on your irons.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Definitely recommend a good iron shaft fitting if you have someone near you that does one.  I had one back in June and it was extremely eyeopening.  The fitter I went to used Trackman and it was great to see how consistency/dispersion changed between shafts.

We all talk about fitting and how everyone should be fit. Just because a shop or store has a Trackman or a Flightscope doesn't mean jack. For example just yesterday I was in a local golf shop and overheard a guy asking a salesman about getting fit. The first thing this young (and inexperienced) salesman said was come on back to our Trackman and lets see what we can do. I know for a fact that nobody at this store is a qualified fitter. The launch monitor is a sales tool only for them. I'm certainly no club fitter but if I can say anything it's that club fitting is way more involved than flipping the switch on a Trackman. A proper fitting never starts on a launch monitor.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

We all talk about fitting and how everyone should be fit. Just because a shop or store has a Trackman or a Flightscope doesn't mean jack. For example just yesterday I was in a local golf shop and overheard a guy asking a salesman about getting fit. The first thing this young (and inexperienced) salesman said was come on back to our Trackman and lets see what we can do. I know for a fact that nobody at this store is a qualified fitter. The launch monitor is a sales tool only for them. I'm certainly no club fitter but if I can say anything it's that club fitting is way more involved than flipping the switch on a Trackman. A proper fitting never starts on a launch monitor.

Absolutely - but it certainly needs to include one.  And when I say go to a fitter I do not mean just go to a golf store that has a launch monitor that offers fitting for a fee.  I mean seek out a true club fitter.  

Depending on your location there are a lot of good choices where you can find award winning fitters.

I may be heading to PGA Superstore to buy a Nike driver. They came with those closeout prices and i may head that way. My wife and I agreed that I would see how much I ge tin my bonus check and go from there. 

150 for a driver and 100 for a fw are stupid good deals. I thought about buying the fairway wood to try out but changed my mind. Done too much ho-ing lately. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged