What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

On 6/1/2024 at 2:08 PM, Prodigal Duffer said:

The other day, I realized I had been holding my irons at address wrong (pressing the heel into the ground and lifting the toe). Made an adjustment and played the best nine holes of the year.

Today, I worked more on a slow takeaway and good tempo. Did a drill where I hit 5 balls with an 8 iron at a target, 2 with the PW at another, 5 with the 8, 2 with 6i at another target, and then 5 more at the original with the 8i. Very happy with my takeaway, still need to work on not starting my transition too soon, but generally hit the balls really well. I hit the 8i target 9 times, 3 more than my goal. 

It’s been a really up and down year as far as vibes (and performance), but things are trending well.

wow, good for you to realize that. 

I think all golfers should place their irons on a mat so the sole is completely intact with the mat, then if you feel the club is too upright or too flat for you just get the angle proper for you...

committed to performance excellence

35 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

wow, good for you to realize that. 

I think all golfers should place their irons on a mat so the sole is completely intact with the mat, then if you feel the club is too upright or too flat for you just get the angle proper for you...

Or learn proper setup, have lie angle determined by the sharpie test and then setup with hovering the club rather than put soleing it

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

20 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Or learn proper setup, have lie angle determined by the sharpie test and then setup with hovering the club rather than put soleing it

I have never "hoovered" the club, I find it wiggles around too much for me before I take it away, probably due to hitting so many balls I have a comfort zone. and certainly don't think about it... 

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

I have never "hoovered" the club, I find it wiggles around too much for me before I take it away, probably due to hitting so many balls I have a comfort zone. and certainly don't think about it... 

it’s not a requirement to play good golf but it eliminates a lot of problems that many mid to high handicaps have including trying to get the sole completely flat on the ground at setup and this causing other issues or making the current ones worse

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

it’s not a requirement to play good golf but it eliminates a lot of problems that many mid to high handicaps have including trying to get the sole completely flat on the ground at setup and this causing other issues or making the current ones worse

interesting, so mid to high handicaps struggle with getting the sole completely on the ground, I did not know that. will have to watch a few guys on the range. 

Posted (edited)

Went to the range did some little pitch shots from 30-40 yards to a little practice green. Then I worked on my tempo and takeaway with the rest of my bag just wanted to make better contact. MY irons have come a long way from where I started, my driver was hit or miss today but when I focused on my leading arm during the swing I was back to hitting it straight and my little draw. I am preparing for an outing this weekend so it's nice to see any improvement. 

Before a round what is everyone's go to warm up routine? I've been tinkering with mine haven't found one that i feel good with yet.

Edited by leichliter_jake

6 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

interesting, so mid to high handicaps struggle with getting the sole completely on the ground, I did not know that. will have to watch a few guys on the range. 

No mid big caps sole the club and in many cases as we see with people here trying to get the toe to sit on the ground. This makes it harder to get the club moving and leads to an inside takeaway and usually causes a steeper backswing that’s needs. Plus it creates bad tension.

if these golfers hovered the club and had the toe up 1-2mm they would have less tension and a better and smoother takeaway 

Day 138 (03 Jun 24) - Busy day teching my bass guitar - chasing some wiring issues.  Anyway, inbetween soldering moments and just needing a break, got out Millie and worked on rolling the rock on the shop carpets (one has a very tight weave, much like a quick green, and the other a semi pile that is like a winter green).  Played around with the lead arm tucked (how I usually do) and chicken wing (saw a fellow golfer do that style last Friday) and had read about the process over on the AI One page.  Interesting take - but can see how it helps flatten the arc.  A good day with the flat stick nonetheless.  

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

I rolled some putts this evening trying to groove some recent tweaks to setup and stroke.  I have four straight putt spots marked on the green at 5, 10, 15 and 20 feet.  After missing three 5'ers last evening i spent all my time at that spot and I had one stretch of 20 straight makes.  I hope to carry that consistency to the course!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

like I say, I am interested enough to look at the players on the range and see what they are doing in regards to to this. 

7 hours ago, leichliter_jake said:

Went to the range did some little pitch shots from 30-40 yards to a little practice green. Then I worked on my tempo and takeaway with the rest of my bag just wanted to make better contact. MY irons have come a long way from where I started, my driver was hit or miss today but when I focused on my leading arm during the swing I was back to hitting it straight and my little draw. I am preparing for an outing this weekend so it's nice to see any improvement. 

Before a round what is everyone's go to warm up routine? I've been tinkering with mine haven't found one that i feel good with yet.

@leichliter_jake my pre-round routine took some time to find as well. For the last few seasons though I have settled into my current process:

I always start with the 7-iron. Our range has a flag at 25-30 yards and I start with a focus on contact and seeing how many balls I can get close to the flag - yes, maybe 1/4 swings like a pitching/chipping motion. Just loosening up here, contact is the focus and seeing if the ball is moving left-to-right or right-to-left. This is maybe 6-9 balls depending on the day.

Then I focus on the flag that is about 65 -75 yards out (again/still with 7i) and I am doing the same, slightly bigger motion, looking for contact, ball flight and getting a feel for some control. Maybe only 4-7 balls for this part. 

Next, I move to full swings with the 7i. Maybe 5 full swings.

Now I move to a wedge, typically 50-degree for me. Maybe 2 or 3 swings toward the first flag, then 8-10 full swings. 

After the 50-degree, I move to the longer clubs, full swings. I usually grab the hybrid, then either the 3w or 5w. Maybe 6 full swings each.

Next I go to the 9-iron. Only 5 swings here.

Then the driver. Never more than 10 swings. If the first 3 swings all have the same/similar ball flight, I might stop at 5 swings.

The last 3 full swings are either the 6i or the 8i depending on how everything else went. 

After the last 3 full swings, off to the chipping area for maybe a dozen swings with the 54-degree,

Finish it off with the putting green. I start with ~5-footers here, then move back to 12-15 foot range. 

Then off to the first tee. Its what works for me. 

(Typing it out like that seems like a lot, but in reality I'm pretty efficient with it, I guess.)

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | H2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 21* | B1 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9X

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, leichliter_jake said:

My pre round warm up isnt too long ...  I get a very small bucket of balls and usually have 1/2 dozen left.  I start with half swings holding both the 6 & 7 irons and gradually get to slow motion full swings to loosen my back and shoulders.  Then i use an 8i to hit half swing shots for about 4 balls then move to full swing shots for about 4 balls.  Then i use a 18* hybrid for about 5 full shots then the driver for about 5 full swings.  Then i go back to a 49* wedge for some 3/4 shots.  The i will hit 3 shots with the club i will use on the tee of the first hole.  Then i putt for about 10 min getting the green speed down .  All told maybe 20 - 30 min of warm up.

Edited by Shapotomous

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Day 139 (4 Jun 24) - Worked on 1/2 to 3/4 swings today using the 9i and hard foam balls.  In the takeaway, stopped around P3 to check club position, then make a purposed shift to the lead foot and swinging through from there.  Hit about 40 balls total in the session.  

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Hitting the irons a bit fat, again …so as the rain let’s up back outside to work that out using my new net.  Always working on putting consistency with my mat and the Putt Out device

Mahonex

TaylorMade R1, Grafalloy Blackbird Stiff

Tour Edge, 3wd, 3&4 hybrids

Hogan FTX 5-E, Hogan 4 shafts

Cobra Trusty Rusty gap wedge

Tour Edge Putter

Posted (edited)

Yesterday I did a medium bucket (about 70 balls) at the NKGC range, mostly working on full swing. I got there around 9:00 am, so it was not too crowded and I was able to video swings with several different clubs, both 9 to 3 and full.  From reviewing the videos (some of which I will send to Kirk) I was able to notice several things:

1. I still tend to take the club too inside on the back swing. This happens whether regardless of whether I'm hitting a full or partial shot.
  2. I am releasing the club too early in the downswing, basically just before impact, instead of after. As a side note, on chips, pitches and very short full swing motion shots, I hold off release until after impact. 
  3. On full shots, I do not start the downswing with my lower body as well as I'm able to do on short swings. 

Editorial comment: The above is exactly why video is such an important tool, feel does not give me this feedback. 

Finished the session at the practice green, chipping from various lies and green reading. 

Edited by BobBC78

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Cleveland CBX4 50*- Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 56* M/N - Recoil DART 90 F3 shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB with Garsen Max grip 

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

1 hour ago, BobBC78 said:

Yesterday I did a medium bucket (about 70 balls) at the NKGC range, mostly working on full swing. I got there around 9:00 am, so it was not too crowded and I was able to video swings with several different clubs, both 9 to 3 and full.  From reviewing the videos (some of which I will send to Kirk) I was able to notice several things:

1. I still tend to take the club too inside on the back swing. This happens whether regardless of whether I'm hitting a full or partial shot.
  2. I am releasing the club too early in the downswing, basically just before impact, instead of after. As a side note, on chips, pitches and very short full swing motion shots, I hold off release until after impact. 
  3. On full shots, I do not start the downswing with my lower body as well as I'm able to do on short swings. 

Editorial comment: The above is exactly why video is such an important tool, feel does not give me this feedback. 

Finished the session at the practice green, chipping from various lies and green reading. 

You more than likely have no choice but to release the angles early in order to hit the ball because the club is out of position in transition and downswing due to the inside takeaway. The early release isn’t a fault it’s a compensation.

Also as an fyi in a good swing the release of the club is happening before impact as the lead wrist should be moving from flexion to extension. What most amateurs do what many call a flip, if they didn’t they would hit the ball much worse.

Fox the takeaway and possibly the backswing and it should help give a better transition and more of a proper release pattern

Good range session this morning, working on backswing and making a full shoulder turn as always. Driver was REALLY good - hoping this time it actually transfers to my round later tonight, unlike last week when I left all my good driver shots on the range and had nothing left when I got to the course 😆

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

32 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You more than likely have no choice but to release the angles early in order to hit the ball because the club is out of position in transition and downswing due to the inside takeaway. The early release isn’t a fault it’s a compensation.

Also as an fyi in a good swing the release of the club is happening before impact as the lead wrist should be moving from flexion to extension. What most amateurs do what many call a flip, if they didn’t they would hit the ball much worse.

Fox the takeaway and possibly the backswing and it should help give a better transition and more of a proper release pattern

@RickyBobby_PR Thanks for your input. I suspect that your comment about fixing the takeaway is very much "on point" and I'll be working on takeaway first. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Cleveland CBX4 50*- Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 56* M/N - Recoil DART 90 F3 shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB with Garsen Max grip 

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

3 minutes ago, BobBC78 said:

@RickyBobby_PR Thanks for your input. I suspect that your comment about fixing the takeaway is very much "on point" and I'll be working on takeaway first. 

You’re welcome. Here to help whenever possible. Always feel free to post a video for review or if you want a good video to drill an aspect of the swing.

Once the club is at p2 aka parallel to the ground the rest of the swing is just turning 

2 hours ago, BobBC78 said:

great post, my takeaway is "swing your swing" the reason I say that is we have a senior player at our club that takes every shot really inside on the takeaway. 2 years ago he shot 72-72 in our club championship and I made the mistake of not taking him seriously due to his odd swing. Well, as I have gotten to play with him more he does not miss the centre of the club face and fires right at the pins... I learned an important lesson, "don't judge a book by it's cover". 

Every time I go to practice I start with the putting green, first working on technical skills like set up, or grip, or start line.  Then I work on lag putting from 20,30,40,and 50 feet. After that I will work some short putt performance drills. 

‘Then it up to the short game area and start with chipping, then on to pitching, after that I will hit some bunker shots working on distance control.

Then to the range and work on wedge distance control with half, 3/4 and full shots with the sand wedge, gap, and pitching wedge. This gives me a great tempo for my iron shots.  I use odd clubs on odd days and even clubs on even days. I then go to the woods and only use 1 fairway wood and hit about 10 drivers trying to control shape. I will finish with some L wedges to a specific target.

Being retired I can spend the time to do all,this. It usually takes about 1 1/2 hours spending about 30 minutes on each segment.

i love practicing and do this 3-4 times a week. I also playing times a week.

Driver Titleist Tsi 3 9.75*
Fairway Titleist 5, 7 woods

Hybrd Titleist TSR 2 21* or

Utility iron Mizuno HiFly 4

Irons Mizuno Pro 245 5-P

Wedges Vokey SM9 48*, 54*, and 58*

Putter Scotty Cameron Newport super select

Ball Titleist ProV 1X

Got new Mizuno Hotmetal pros last week and working my way through the bag up from GW as far as 6 iron. tending to push things a little bit and focusing on leveraging the extra distance to ease up on my swing and focus on consistency and a better turn to get the ball straight. As I get consistent with an iron, I move up to the next one. I made it to 6 yesterday in about 1/2 hour

also played with the Mz gap wedge from about 20 yds on the chipping green. It feels freat as a moderate chipping club, with reasonable stopping for its loft. I'm going to need to revisit my hodgepodge 54 and 60 wedges in the future and it's nice to have this as a short distance club after my AP1s.

33 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

great post, my takeaway is "swing your swing" the reason I say that is we have a senior player at our club that takes every shot really inside on the takeaway. 2 years ago he shot 72-72 in our club championship and I made the mistake of not taking him seriously due to his odd swing. Well, as I have gotten to play with him more he does not miss the centre of the club face and fires right at the pins... I learned an important lesson, "don't judge a book by it's cover". 

How many hours as he spent honing in that swing? Is he shallowing it properly and shifting pressure properly? He might be but he might not be but again he’s more than likely spent a lot of time getting the necessary compensations down. Kim furyk takes it pretty far inside too, but it’s not a swing any instructor would teach or recommend copying.

the swing my swing leaves out that there are basics of the swing that still need to happen. Palmer swung his swing but he also did all the basics correct with grip, sequencing and pressure shifts.

the comment of swing your swing like the hold the grip like holding a bird keeps amateurs from improving. The part of the hold the club like holding a bird leaves out the second part of “like it’s an eagle trying to get away”

Theres an easy way to swing the gold club and then there are numerous hard ways. We have actual measured data that shows what the very best do. Doing those same things as amateurs will make the swing better and easier. It doesn’t mean an amateur will swing like a pro, but they will swing better.

Inside takeaway comes from improper wrist set and pressure shifts.

There are many instructors that have shown this success with students by getting them to get pressure to lead side earlier and better swings when the wrist sets properly and early

Yesterday, was wedge day on the range, LW bunker practice along w some various wedge chip/pitch practice.  Worked on a little 10 foot putting for speed, then some general putting around the green.  

Titleist 712 MBs PXG 3w Scotty Golo

Titleist ProV1x

I went to the range yesterday over my lunch and it was an awesome way to reset the mind a little bit. I think I'm going to start doing it more often!

While at the range, I worked on a stretching routine before I hit any shots. I've been trying to get something that works for me without being too long because most courses in my area do not have a range or practice facility on course. It took about 5-6 minutes, and I think I might add a couple additional things to help stretch out my arms and upper back a little more.

With the first 30 shots, I worked on 75% swings with my 58*, 54* and 50* wedges. I took note that my 58* was going about 65 yds, 54* 75 yds & 50* 90 yds, but with range balls I doubt that will translate to the course. I was mostly concerned with setup and strike. 

With the last 10 shots, I found an area on the range that hadn't been mowed in a while and used my 5W to hit out of deeper grass. I only had one terrible miss hit and it gave me some confidence to pull out a 5W in the rough if needed over an iron.

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here | LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

48 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

How many hours as he spent honing in that swing? Is he shallowing it properly and shifting pressure properly? He might be but he might not be but again he’s more than likely spent a lot of time getting the necessary compensations down. Kim furyk takes it pretty far inside too, but it’s not a swing any instructor would teach or recommend copying.

the swing my swing leaves out that there are basics of the swing that still need to happen. Palmer swung his swing but he also did all the basics correct with grip, sequencing and pressure shifts.

the comment of swing your swing like the hold the grip like holding a bird keeps amateurs from improving. The part of the hold the club like holding a bird leaves out the second part of “like it’s an eagle trying to get away”

Theres an easy way to swing the gold club and then there are numerous hard ways. We have actual measured data that shows what the very best do. Doing those same things as amateurs will make the swing better and easier. It doesn’t mean an amateur will swing like a pro, but they will swing better.

Inside takeaway comes from improper wrist set and pressure shifts.

There are many instructors that have shown this success with students by getting them to get pressure to lead side earlier and better swings when the wrist sets properly and early

Interesting comments, when I replied I was under the impression I was speaking to a 7 index (that was you) my reply would have been adjusted knowing his index now. 

Swinging your swing has been amplified for me as I have retired and spend some time sitting and watching swings on the range it has become very clear to me that every golfer swings their own swing for one reason or another. 

As for some of the older analogies regarding grip, stance, swing, and by older I mean pre PC's and phones with video capabilities etc. etc. that was probably a good way to communicate the feel.. I think we can throw those out the window with the exception of sitting around the table in the club house saying "in my day we used to be told to grip the club like bird in your hand" communication has moved on incrementally since then.

Rolled some putts and did a little superspeed C club!

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Worked on tempo today and had a good range session. I am really focusing on slowing down the transition and making smooth swings. It makes a world of difference for my dispersion. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

Worked on tempo today and had a good range session. I am really focusing on slowing down the transition and making smooth swings. It makes a world of difference for my dispersion. 

That's something I constantly have to remind myself of. If I have a bad shot, I tend to want to hurry up and make the next one better but I will often hurry things and end up chunking it.

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

Callaway Rogue ST Max D 5 wood

Callaway Rogue 7 wood

Callaway Rogue 11 wood

Callaway Rogue ST Max 4 Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Max OS Lite 6-AW

TaylorMade MG3 wedges (52, 56 & 60)

Scotty Cameron Select Roundback