I think it's a couple guys getting under people's skin. Either tell them to f*** off or like rev said pm is a great way to communicate your problems you have

• Like 3

The fact that what we've seen recently is getting called out as unacceptable shows the value of what we have going here. I've been on plenty of other forums where what isn't our WORST is just par for the course.

Thanks to all for caring about the community.

Sent from my SM-T550 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This is so so very true. Overall the membership here is the best on the web. Truly a respectful and helpful group.

I as a member not even a moderator appreciate that so much.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

I think it's been dealt with. I haven't seen a certain person post in a little bit

Edit... it's offical he's been let go

• Like 5

I'd also use this post to remind folks about the 'ignore' option on this forum. If you just can't agree or want to yell at someone, remember this. You can just choose to ignore them and it'll make your life, and the life of the mods and the rest of us, much better than going in on squabbling matches.

I use the "ignore" feature a lot, meaning I screen what I read by avatars. When I see certain avatars, I just completely ignore the post and move on to someone else's. If a certain person or two posted to me directly or quoted me, I'd never even know it. Life's too short to have squirting contests with skunks.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6

I use the "ignore" feature a lot, meaning I screen what I read by avatars. When I see certain avatars, I just completely ignore the post and move on to someone else's. If a certain person or two posted to me directly or quoted me, I'd never even know it. Life's too short to have squirting contests with skunks.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I WAS doing that.... Then...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I'm obviously not reading those posts. Everything I've read has been civil, mature and utterly helpful.

Fortunately it was a very small minority of posts, by an even smaller segment of the forum.  But yet enough that it needed to be nipped in the bud.   What you've been reading is the norm for the site.  Glad your enjoying it and thanks for being part of a good thing!

• Like 4

I have found that it is easy in social media to be worse person than you really are, and difficult to be a better person.

Overall, I have observed that MGS is the best, most friendly atmosphere for people sharing ideas and opinions on all of the social media sites that I have visited.

• Like 7

I have found that it is easy in social media to be worse person than you really are, and difficult to be a better person.

Overall, I have observed that MGS is the best, most friendly atmosphere for people sharing ideas and opinions on all of the social media sites that I have visited.

I'm actually less of a dick here than in real life so maybe I'm the exception lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 8

I'm actually less of a dick here than in real life so maybe I'm the exception lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

HUH, me too

I try to follow the same rule I make my kids live by when it comes to email and social media - if you wouldn't say it to someone face to face, don't type it. As simple as that.

• Like 5

I try to follow the same rule I make my kids live by when it comes to email and social media - if you wouldn't say it to someone face to face, don't type it. As simple as that.

Yeah, every time I post on here I pretend that I am saying directly to the person I am responding too.

P.S. I haven't been on MGS very long but I have really enjoyed being around such nice, like minded people.

• Like 4

A good rule, but unfortunately our society as a whole doesn't abide by that rule.  Sad.

MGS is the exception, and exceptional we are.

• Like 4

A good rule, but unfortunately our society as a whole doesn't abide by that rule.  Sad.

MGS is the exception, and exceptional we are.

I agree. It is sad that if anything some people are far more divisive and will say on line things they'd never say to one's face. 

• Like 3