Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Unsolicited Review........What’s in my bag

SteddyGolf

I just joined this incredible forum and it has quickly become my daily read. I especially like reading about the equipment experiences from other members. Motivated by how those experiences and opinions have helped me to make better choices I thought I'd take the time to do a little what's in the bag.

Me? I'm a 54 year old male originally from South Carolina. Although SC is definitely a Golf hot spot the first time I hit a golf ball I was almost 40. I'm not super talented but my work ethic borders on obsessive compulsive. My playing ability ranges from Tiger Woods to In the Woods. Right now my Swing By Swing Handicap is 5.5 and my average score for 18 holes is 78.

Irons:

I routinely play two different sets of irons; Mizuno MP-5s and Ping i25s. The i25s were an Ebay purchase because I didn't want to prematurely age my Mizunos hitting off of hard mats which are the norm where I currently live. If I'm riding I play the Mizuno. If I'm walking I play the Pings (not worried about bag chatter with a cast club).

Mizuno has always been a favorite of mine. Their workmanship is second to none. I would argue Mizuno player irons look the best of any iron on the market. When you hit them on their sweet spot they perform as expected: medium ball flight, slight draw or fade, average distance, optimal spin rate. I have the AMT shafts which really help with the trajectory of the 4 and 5 irons. I've had this set for almost two years and they have held up better than average for a bladed iron.

The i25s are a great balance between a players iron and a game improvement iron. As a second set bought off eBay for under $200 I couldn't have made a better purchase. Cast iron clubs can feel very different in the hands of someone who has always played forged models but these really do a great job of providing a forged like feel. They launch high and stop quickly. I especially like their performance out of the rough. The i25 is able to dig tough lies out of heavy grass where the MP5s struggle.

Driver:

Ping G 10.5 degree Driver is my go to Driver. Is it outfitted with the OEM Alta Reg flex shaft. Because I hit a relatively low ball I crank the setting up to 11.5. This is not a long driver. I'd put it in the “average” category for carry distance. My swing speed is in the lower 90s so 240 to 250 yards off the tee mathematically is about all I can hope for and the G Driver does a good job of getting me there. The G Driver in my hands is a true fairway finder. My fairways hit during a round of Golf is usually 12 of 14. On a bad day still hit greater than 60 percent. On a good day I can hit 14 for 14. The OEM Alta is a mid flight shaft that feels very controllable. I've tried other shafts but if it is to stiff I will pull the ball to the left or to whippy I will lose it to the right. I've had the driver for about 18 months and cosmetically it's held up very well. There are some marks on the face but nothing out of the ordinary. If you struggle with control I would recommend you give this driver a try.

Fairway Wood:

The Cobra F7 3/4 is the best golf club I've ever owned. It is extremely versatile for it's just as effective off marginal lies as it is off good lies. From the Tee it rivals many drivers on the market. I clean my clubs after every round. If you do this you must ensure you dry this club thoroughly. The stainless steel screw for head adjustments will rust! Speaking of adjustments the F7 offers just the right amount of adjustment options to get you dialed in.

Putter:

I own a Scotty Cameron Newport 2. I hate my Scotty Cameron Newport 2! :). Off center hits are adversely affected more than they should in my opinion. If I'm honest I'm a below average putter. I don't read greens well and rarely make those difficult 6 to 10 footers that get you to the scratch promise land. I bought the Scotty thinking it would help but alas it was the Indian and not the arrow who struggled to hit the target. Still, I would recommend looking at another brand that might give better performance throughout the club head. I've not traded simply because I'm hard headed and just want to see this through. Spending almost $400 for a putter was a huge move for me.

Wedges:

52 and 54 degree Mack Daddy wedges are my babies. My wedges are what keep me in the single handicap range. From 110 to green side I feel extremely confident with the Callaways in my hand. These forged wedges offer great feel and performance. I don't spin the ball as much as many other Golfers so distance control is very important to me. These wedges can simply be counted on to perform.

Golf Ball

My swing speed or lack there of requires a softer compression high spinning Golf Ball. I tried them all but regardless of manufacturer as long as the ball has a softer compression rating and spins above average I'm comfortable using it. I still have a handful of the old Nike RZN Red and Blacks. Great balls in my humble opinion. In my bag right now are a couple Nike RZNs, a couple Taylormade TP5Xs, a couple Pro V1s and a couple Taylormade Project As.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Welcome to MGS. I have to admit i loved the Nike RZN golf balls as well. Had a few of my best rounds ever with them. Also have to say love the f7 as well, quite often revert back to it off the tee anytime I'm struggling.

Enjoy the site!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Nice write up, I enjoyed it very much! Keep 'em low out there and enjoy the site!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Welcome to MGS and great intro/WITB thread.  I loved reading the what and why.    Really nice setup all the way around.

As for putter, you might want to look at EVNROLL.  Here is a thread from almost two years ago where some of us tested it for the forum.  It has been a very well received putter by just about everyone who tried it.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/17696-official-forum-member-review-evnroll-putters/page-2?hl=%2Bevnroll+%2Bforum+%2Btesting&do=findComment&comment=237747

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Welcome to MGS and great intro/WITB thread.  I loved reading the what and why.    Really nice setup all the way around.

As for putter, you might want to look at EVNROLL.  Here is a thread from almost two years ago where some of us tested it for the forum.  It has been a very well received putter by just about everyone who tried it.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/17696-official-forum-member-review-evnroll-putters/page-2?hl=%2Bevnroll+%2Bforum+%2Btesting&do=findComment&comment=237747

I will second this. Putted with different Scotty's for 18 years. Went to EVNROLL this year and it is amazing!

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Welcome! Glad to see you are part of the Mizuno lots of love group😁. I played MP-57s until recently.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Thank you for the EVNROLL recommendations. Several of my playing mates use ER putters and they too speak highly of its performance. These guys are great with any putter in their hands so I've been apprehensive about following their lead.

Great story: Several years ago I was playing with my regular Sat/Sun golf skins match group. This particular day I was struggling terribly. When you are struggling slow play becomes intensified because you just want to get on to the next shot as soon as possible. We were on the green and in my mind everyone was taking an incredibly long time to line up and miss their 6 footers. I snapped! Yelling and screaming at their incredibly slow play. Of course they all looked at me like I had a $&@ growing out of my forehead. The next day I showed up with a broom handle with a brick tied to it. I'm not sure it met the rules of golf equipment requirements but I putted with that thing all day. Since that experience I've been very apprehensive about making equipment changes until I've worked out the fundamentals. EVNROLL might be in my future but I really need to improve my execution of the putting stroke, learn to read greens and control my distance before spending another 400 bones on a new flat stick.

Incidentally, the brick performed well albeit a little on the heavy side ;)

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Seems like to me you have a pretty good handle on what equipment works good for you and your game. Mizuno makes some good blades. In fact If I was not such a Macgregor ho I would play Mizuno> In fact I have a set of MP-68s I am fixing to rebuild to my specs when I get time.

On the putter thing I can not recommend one brand. I can give you my advice. You need to find one that looks good to your eye and feels good to your stroke. I do not care what brand it is or when it was made or by whom or what year it was made either. I have seen guys putt the lights out with expensive putters and then I have seen guys putt the lights out with Putt putt type putters or ones they found in the bargain bin for $5. BTW the $5 version sure beats a "brick on a stick" I cracked up when I read that. LOL glad you are not here in the coastal area of SC because I would be accused of putting that together for you.

As far as putting methods you have to find a method that fits you and work with it whether it be an Arc type or SBST. Main thing is you got to be comfortable how ever you choose to do it. There is no set in stone way to play this game and that includes putting

Glad to have you on board here and if I can be any help feel more than free to ask me   

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

What part of SC do you live? I am in the upstate, fort mill/ rock hill area

I haven't lived in SC in years. I'm from Columbia but now reside in Hawaii

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Great intro WITB post, SteddyGolf.

What took you to Hawaii?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Between 12 and 14 out of 14 fairways is really good. Super good from my perspective if you're hitting driver a lot.

I'm just getting back to golf, and if I play like I did before, the Donkey head comes off my driver on two holes out of nine.   (I play a pretty little nine-holer with four par 4s, three par 3s, and two shortish par 5s.)

I have to play either a big hook or a big banana with driver.  If I try to hit driver with a regular swing, I don't make good contact, and even if I do, I have no idea where the ball is going.  I usually crush it if I try to hit a big curve either way, but that limits me to one big slice and one big hook per nine.  Otherwise, it's an ugly but straight line drive with the driving iron or a gentle draw with a fairway wood.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.  I did a new intro post myself, this to alert the media about my big comeback!

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service!

Sounds like a nice bag ... got any pics to share?

Were you fit for any of your clubs?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Between 12 and 14 out of 14 fairways is really good. Super good from my perspective if you're hitting driver a lot.

I'm just getting back to golf, and if I play like I did before, the Donkey head comes off my driver on two holes out of nine. (I play a pretty little nine-holer with four par 4s, three par 3s, and two shortish par 5s.)

I have to play either a big hook or a big banana with driver. If I try to hit driver with a regular swing, I don't make good contact, and even if I do, I have no idea where the ball is going. I usually crush it if I try to hit a big curve either way, but that limits me to one big slice and one big hook per nine. Otherwise, it's an ugly but straight line drive with the driving iron or a gentle draw with a fairway wood.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I did a new intro post myself, this to alert the media about my big comeback!

Because I'm not a big hitter I have developed a pretty smooth swing. Understanding my swing, my tendencies and how each of my drivers vary in Ball flight has made me successful off the tee. My recommendation to anyone struggling is to watch the LPGA. For the most part their swing speeds are in line with the average male golfer. What makes them so good are tempo, fundamentals and consistent contact.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I have never been fitted. I'm an average guy in regards to height, weight and strength so fitting always comes back to standard specs to me. I also have a little different view on fitting for guys like me. I believe my characteristics will change over the years and a standard club gives me the best opportunity to remain consistent as my ability changes. Now of course if you fall outside of the average say in height or physical capabilities a fitting will definitely provide a great deal of benefit.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Great intro WITB post, SteddyGolf.

What took you to Hawaii?

The Army brought me to Hawaii for the second time in my 31 year career. I retire this fall. I hope to become a Golf Professional, not to be confused with a Professional Golfer .

My background is in Hospital Administration and Executive Leadership. While I may venture into some consultant work as well as motivational speaking and leadership coaching my main focus will be to begin a new life's chapter in the Golf industry. Life can be extremely demanding and it is my hope that I can help others find a escape, if you were, from the daily grind that will help them emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I attended LPGA events in the Northeast pretty regularly when I could walk the course.  You're right in that the typical recreational male golfer has more to learn from them than from the PGA Tour bombers.

I was a big Jane Blalock fan back in the day.  Her family would recognize me in the gallery.  I was there when Hollis Stacey won her third US Open at the Salem Country Club.  It was really hot that day and I drank so much beer on the course that I had to take a long nap in my car before driving home. Otherwise, I would have needed to use The Force in order to drive.

(Not typical behavior for me, by the way.)

Welcome aboard Steddy,

Putters...

The Tommy Armor #3 at dicks for 99$ is a darned good stick. I gamed one for 2 months..

Then I made the mistake of trying an evnroll at my local Roger Dunn.

NOw I have an er3 in my bag and couldn't be happier.

My buddy just played his new er7 today for its first round, and he it totally stoked. He had a Scotty Newport but didn't like it, then he had the Tm spider for the last 2 years. Then he started trying my er3, and was drilling them, so he went and tried them all and decided on the er7.

It was slow behind us so we spent a lot of time playing with the putters.

We both loved ours, as well as the others.

Sell that Scotty and jump up on the evnroll bandwagon baby, because it's so good, you'll start getting annoyed when you barely miss a 20 footer.

It is what everyone says...

Well everyone who decides they like them of course...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Welcome to MGS and great intro/WITB thread. I loved reading the what and why. Really nice setup all the way around.

As for putter, you might want to look at EVNROLL. Here is a thread from almost two years ago where some of us tested it for the forum. It has been a very well received putter by just about everyone who tried it.

We've played a couple times. He knows all about my EVNROLL infatuation!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag chatter builds character! My MP-59's are well loved and even more beautiful than the day we met.

+1 for the EVNROLL. The ER2 didn't really improve my good or average putting days, but my bad days with it are much better. Poorly struck putts just seem to end up closer to the hole. It's like they have a witch doctor at the factory.

Callaway Rogue Subzero 10.5
Ping G 17.5>16.5
Titleist 818 H2 21
Titleist 718 AP2 4-50

Taylormade Tour Preferred 54

Callaway MD3 60
Evnroll ER2

Welcome, nice write up! Enjoy the ride.

#PowerToThePlayer

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I've definitely heard that opinion of bag chatter before and I respect that point of view. As crazy as it sounds I feel a spiritual connection to my clubs so I believe if I take care of them they will take care of me. I did have a set of MP52s that I didn't take care of and in return they ensured I was visited regularly by the neighborhood Shankapotamus 😞

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I hope when you asked for pics to share you didn't mean me in a speedo. That's not something anyone and I mean anyone would like to see

IMG_0030.JPG

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Welcome aboard Steddy,

Putters...

The Tommy Armor #3 at dicks for 99$ is a darned good stick. I gamed one for 2 months..

Then I made the mistake of trying an evnroll at my local Roger Dunn.

NOw I have an er3 in my bag and couldn't be happier.

My buddy just played his new er7 today for its first round, and he it totally stoked. He had a Scotty Newport but didn't like it, then he had the Tm spider for the last 2 years. Then he started trying my er3, and was drilling them, so he went and tried them all and decided on the er7.

It was slow behind us so we spent a lot of time playing with the putters.

We both loved ours, as well as the others.

Sell that Scotty and jump up on the evnroll bandwagon baby, because it's so good, you'll start getting annoyed when you barely miss a 20 footer.

It is what everyone says...

Well everyone who decides they like them of course...

The attached stats are very misleading. The putts per hole and scramble stats tell the story. Yes I could chip even closer but honestly if I were banging in six footers my score would improve significantly. I watched the MGS video today about putters and technology. I believe their testing is spot on. However I am in my heart of hearts a fundamentals guy. I'm not ruling out the ER but I'd like to lock in my fundamentals first.

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0032.PNG

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Reading those stats putting and chipping are probably your issues. Hitting 9 to 10 greens a round on average is pretty good. Yes, getting you chips closer will help a lot since you seem to be close to 2 putts per hike even missing the green.

Green reading comes from consistent putting. If you cant putt consistently you can't tell if you misread or if you hit the putt offline.

We all have opinions on how to help and a lot have suggested the Evnroll putters. Great putters for someone the misses the center of the face. they put a good roll on the ball; just come off the face slower than other putters.

What fundamentals are you working on with putting? How are you checking that you are improving? Are you starting putts online, do you have a consistent miss, are you always short or way past the hole?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Reading those stats putting and chipping are probably your issues. Hitting 9 to 10 greens a round on average is pretty good. Yes, getting you chips closer will help a lot since you seem to be close to 2 putts per hike even missing the green.

Green reading comes from consistent putting. If you cant putt consistently you can't tell if you misread or if you hit the putt offline.

We all have opinions on how to help and a lot have suggested the Evnroll putters. Great putters for someone the misses the center of the face. they put a good roll on the ball; just come off the face slower than other putters.

What fundamentals are you working on with putting? How are you checking that you are improving? Are you starting putts online, do you have a consistent miss, are you always short or way past the hole?

I've never charted my misses but you do ask a good question which leads me to believe that charting might be something I need to do. Data are what the data are :). I usually read to much break followed closely by speed control (short often) The ball typically rolls true on the line I've chosen. My best guess is that if there is one side I miss more than the other it's the left (I'm right handed) but that's a guess not supported by data.

Honestly I just don't see what others see. I watch folks as they putt trying to pick up clues and often ask, “what did you see?” Or “what were you looking at?” Their explanation some times leaves me scratching my head. Of the 15 plus guys I play with on the regular my handicap (5.5) is in the upper 5% which is also problematic because I'm usually the closest to the hole and last to putt. By the time it's my turn I'm either dialed in or all jacked up in terms of how I see the speed and break. I find myself halfway between needing a good lesson or a good psychiatrist.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

If you are starting the putt on your line then you probably don't have an issue with the putter or your stroke. I would work on improving your green reading and speed control.

Multiple practices for learning to read greens. Aimpoint is for people that generally aim a distance left or right of the hole. Doesn't work for some people because based on how they process information that will be where the ball will ends up. Others read the curve that the ball will travel on.

Reading a putt is based on experience on how fast the ball will roll over a sloped surface. When looking at a putt figure how much slope there is in the green. Then you go into your memory and say when I see x amount of slope at this greenspeed the ball will break x amount. Nothing magic, just comes with experience and repetition.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I haven't lived in SC in years. I'm from Columbia but now reside in Hawaii

If that is you in the Avatar pic thanks for your service

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived