Kwoodfield

Scotland Trip

Our Sponsors

22 hours ago, Albatrass said:

Got to go to St. Andrews.  Played on all three courses.  The Old, New and Castle.  Had the best time of my life playing on courses that have so much history.  You would love playing any of the three.

If I remember right, there are 6 courses at St Andrews, you missed out on the Jubilee Course (very strong and tough, right next to the New), Eden (Harry Colt design, if I remember right), and a shorter one out past the Eden.  But I agree, a first-timer would do well to go to St Andrews and stay there.  Its a great town, with at least two dozen really good golf courses within a reasonable drive.

• Like 1

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

They were the three that I played on.  My wife and I had to go back to London.  Just loved Edinburgh.  Great pubs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Albatrass said:

They were the three that I played on.  My wife and I had to go back to London.  Just loved Edinburgh.  Great pubs.

Just tweaking you a bit, but others may not realize the huge number of courses in that area, or even the number of courses under the St Andrews umbrella.  Or even the number of brilliant pubs in St Andrews, way beyond Herb Kohler's Jigger Inn, and the Texan-owned Dunvegan.  Both are lovely places, but there are others I like even better.

• Like 1

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

18 hours ago, Brettyboy187 said:

Pat this will help... I live in st andrews... and use this website for getting around men's opens in scotland

https://scottishgolfbytrain.co.uk/

hope this helps

Brett (Putt-Putt)

Brett,

Thanks for providing the link to the site. 

Regards,

Pat

• Like 1