CFrazier

What Pro/Celebrity would you NEVER want to play with?

Our Sponsors

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I see a pattern here 😉.  So what professional sport did you play?

My neighbor's rescue greyhound is also a former professional athlete like me.

Old, broken down, unheard of, but taking it nice and easy now.

I gave up my amateur status while in college to make some spending money boxing on regional club cards.

I pretty much like everyone, there are things I don’t like about people, but they are still people, i can’t stand Obama, but I would still tee it up with him, I think it would be interesting to talk with him, he’s an intelligent guy, just because I don’t care for his politics doesn’t mean that’s I can’t be a good human being. 

I would pkauba round of golf with anyone pro. The only one that I can think of that I may take a pass on would be Vijay, but again, I he has a vast knowledge of the game, and could be interesting to talk with. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I pretty much like everyone, there are things I don’t like about people, but they are still people, i can’t stand Obama, but I would still tee it up with him, I think it would be interesting to talk with him, he’s an intelligent guy, just because I don’t care for his politics doesn’t mean that’s I can’t be a good human being. 

I would pkauba round of golf with anyone pro. The only one that I can think of that I may take a pass on would be Vijay, but again, I he has a vast knowledge of the game, and could be interesting to talk with. 

Ditto! 

Might swap Reed for Vijay though. 

4 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Ditto! 

Might swap Reed for Vijay though. 

I think it would be intriguing to play a round of golf with Reed. I think he is a very brash, cocky, highly volatile guy that could be fun to play golf  with. Everyone has demons in their past, I know I do. I don’t want to presume anything about him based on news coverage and the internet, I wasn’t there, and I don’t know the situation, as for his attitude for golf, Superman had lex Luther, Batman had the Joker. PGA tour has Reed. I think it would be fun. There I guys I don’t like, but there is no way I’m turning down a round of golf, most likely at a nice course. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I think it would be intriguing to play a round of golf with Reed. I think he is a very brash, cocky, highly volatile guy that could be fun to play golf  with. Everyone has demons in their past, I know I do. I don’t want to presume anything about him based on news coverage and the internet, I wasn’t there, and I don’t know the situation, as for his attitude for golf, Superman had lex Luther, Batman had the Joker. PGA tour has Reed. I think it would be fun. There I guys I don’t like, but there is no way I’m turning down a round of golf, most likely at a nice course. 

Yeah, my problem has nothing to do with the off the course stuff. I am not the one to judge him on the limited facts I have. Believe me, I know there are 2 sides to every story. My problem is the brash, cocky, volatile side. While I probably wouldn't turn down the opportunity to golf with him because he would be interesting to talk to, I guess I just wouldn't want to play with him on a regular basis. 

• Like 2

Celebrity- A certain head of state with golf courses named after him.

Pro- Paige Spiranac. No way I could explain that to my wife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have played with both. The first was actually a lot of fun and a pretty nice guy.

As for the second my wife told me damn she is hot but not worth half so enjoy your round of golf. Turns out a middle aged CPA at buffet weight was not really her type so there was nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 8

Wait...am I paying for the round or the person I’m playing with? If someone else is shelling out the money, I’ll play with anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

I have played with both. The first was actually a lot of fun and a pretty nice guy.

As for the second my wife told me damn she is hot but not worth half so enjoy your round of golf. Turns out a middle aged CPA at buffet weight was not really her type so there was nothing to worry about.

Unfortunately I am cursed with the “Kevorka” so you never know.

• Like 1

Wait...am I paying for the round or the person I’m playing with? If someone else is shelling out the money, I’ll play with anyone.

Can I get an “Amen!”

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Actually.... don't you know a lot of LPGA players? They count. I think the ladies in general have a better attitude. ? 

Don't know them but I've been up close to them at tour events. Since they don't draw the crowds like PGA you can stand right next to them on the putting green or the tee box. And they are very friendly ( I probably remind them of their grandfathers). . 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

I was going to say Bill Murray and figured i would be in the minority.

In my mind he quit being funny 20 years ir more ago. Now he just seems like an old act that tries too hard.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

Yeah it's the same stick with him he never grew up or improved his act. Although I do like to watch him in old SNL clips. 

• Like 1

Celeb. Obama
Pro. J b Holmes

I would play with anybody; one of golf's simplest pleasures is being able to play with all sorts of people and personalities.

• Like 1

Celebrity... Alec Baldwin. I won't bother with why.

Pro Golfer..... I can't pick one. I can't judge from internet BS.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2018 at 8:01 PM, Kor.A.Door said:

Yep. I don't find anyone completely unlikable. All of us have our faults and quirks that others don't find appealing. The pros live in the spotlight, which I'm positive brings out things they aren't exactly proud of, at times. I'd tee it up with any pro that would be willing.🙂

30 minutes ago, Middler said:

I had my answers picked out, but I agree with those who say they could play golf with anyone. It’s only 4 hours give or take. During my career I had to work closely/amicably for years with a few people I’d choose not to if I could’ve. The only people I wouldn’t spend a minute with are infamous criminals.

Even there, it would for me depend on that for which the criminals are infamous.

I've know tons of people without rap sheets with whom a minute of time would not be easily tolerable.

Golf was a different game for me.

I rarely played with anybody but my own peeps. 

The whole idea was for the game to be a respite from some of the people with whom I had to deal off the course.

There are people on this forum, most of them, actually, who approach golf in a more competitive, less social way than I did.

That, in a sense, makes my obsession about equipment all the more curious.

In terms of fantasy, I would more likely have enjoyed being a successful club manufacturer than a globally known player.

Not for the business success.  For the love of the equipment.  For the ability to materialize my concepts.

I actually got to be a professional athlete--not in a big money, big fame way, of course--just in a competitive way.

What I took from it is that I would probably have enjoyed the big money,

but without it,  it was super easy to give up once I was an adult.

So that sums it up. 

Playing golf for me was, or at least eventually became,  the grown up version of hanging with my buds on the corner.

One could almost call it a form of arrested development.