Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Jmikecpa’s 2019 Bag

Much like Golf Spy Dave I am going with the same bag for all of 2019 with one small twist. If I already own it then it is fair game to be played. The only change I can see possibly making is in my irons as I have mostly played blades my whole life and well I have a mint set of Apex blades with KBS Tour V 120 that are dying to get outdoors.

Now onto the fun part.

Driver: Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9* with a Graphite Design AD TP 6x. It is set to neutral and standard with the heavy weight back. To this day still the best driver I hit and better numbers than the Rogue, Epic Flash and TS3.

IMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1339.JPG

Fairway Wood: Epic SZ 13.5* with a Graphite Design AD GT 8x. Set at neutral and standard with the heavy weight forward. I have always struggled with the 3 wood and when I find one I like it stays. This one is staying and if anything happens to it I have another head stockpiled in the club room.

IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

Utility Irons: I had played a 21* and 24* Apex UT in the past with RIP 115x shafts. Went old school for the 3 iron and newer school for the 4 iron. The 3 iron is an 18* X Utility Proto with a GD G Series 95s. The 4 iron is an X Forged UT with an AD DI 95s. The X utility proto is a club I have owned in the past and decided to grab another one. My club has a ton of wind and a hybrid is just not practical there 80% of the time. Both of these clubs are also very useful for several tee shots on shorter par 4s and two long par 3s at my club.

IMG_1342.JPG

IMG_1343.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1345.JPG

Irons: Rogue Pro Black with XPS 105 S300s. I carry these 5 - AW and so far they are killer. I shot three rounds under 70 last year with what I was playing (I actually think all three rounds were with completely different bags) and since I put these irons in I have broken 70 five times in 8 rounds. This may be a bit misleading since I was injured most of the summer and in a bit of a rebuild of my swing. These are also the lights shafts I have ever played as well as possibly the weakest but they take a lot of stress off my elbow which is a good thing for me.

IMG_1346.JPG

IMG_1350.JPG

IMG_1352.JPG

Wedges: These were a birthday gift from SWMBO. I am a huge Disney nut and Arnie is my favorite golfer of all time. These wedges brought both together. MD4s with KBS $Taper 120 Black in 54 (S) and 58 (X). The backs have Mickey laser etched onto them and the weight ports are done in the colors of Arnie’s umbrella.

IMG_1347.JPG

IMG_1349.JPG

Putter: Toulon Garage Long Island in black pearl with a black shaft and a Lamkin deep etch grip at 34”. I have had this one for about a year and it has seen little use in favor of putters that I thought would help my game. I have always played this style of putter and over the winter I have spent about an hour a day rolling putts to rule out the arrow.

IMG_1353.JPG

IMG_1354.JPG

Bag: Callaway HL 5 14 way stand bag in blue/yellow/black.

Finally my favorite accessory in my bag....Leuk the Duck.

IMG_1337.JPG

I lost my Dad to leukemia almost six years ago and this gives me a little inspiration when I am on the course or need a kick in the @ss to practice. My youngest started calling him Ronnie Jr. after my Dad and now we just refer to him as Deuce.

Let me know if you have any questions as I would be more than happy to give some more insight.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Bag looks great. Loving the shafts in the Driver and 3 Wood. 

How do you like the setup of the X Utility? I always found them to look awfully square

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Pretty damn nice collection of sticks ya got there. Fitting for a man of your caliber. 🏌️‍♂️

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Bag looks great. Loving the shafts in the Driver and 3 Wood. 
How do you like the setup of the X Utility? I always found them to look awfully square

Thanks and as you can tell I am a fan of Graphite Design. So far I like the X Proto more than a hybrid. I played the 21* for a year or two so I am used to the looks. Main part I like is that I can flight the ball with it better than a hybrid. Not sold on the shaft and I have an AD DI uncut that I can throw in if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

So the driver slot in the bag is now open or at least I need to find another Epic SZ Head. Went and hit balls on the sim tonight and my Epic SZ was not up to the task. About halfway through the range session I cracked it. I cannot visibly see the crack but it does not sound good and the ball is going nowhere. One of the few clubs I don’t have something in the club room that I could swap in.

WITB 2024

3 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

So the driver slot in the bag is now open or at least I need to find another Epic SZ Head. Went and hit balls on the sim tonight and my Epic SZ was not up to the task. About halfway through the range session I cracked it. I cannot visibly see the crack but it does not sound good and the ball is going nowhere. One of the few clubs I don’t have something in the club room that I could swap in.

Have you had it for less than 2 years? Callaway I believe has a two year warranty and some of the best customer service

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Have you had it for less than 2 years? Callaway I believe has a two year warranty and some of the best customer service

It has been more than two years and the Epic was actually a replacement for the 816 DBD that I imploded the face on. In my life I have cracked an FT5, 816 DBD and now the Epic. I agree that Callaway has the best customer service around and has replaced the first two with no questions asked. This seems like a bit of pushing it although I am pretty sure they would replace it. Biggest issue is that I am not a fan of the Flash and they will not replace with another Epic.

WITB 2024

Fair enough. If its outside of the two years then really they don't have to replace it. I had a 07 Burner TP that I loved and put the ball right through the face. Ended up replacing it with a new version and hated it. So I know how you feel.

In my bag:

I would still have my Ping TiSi Tec 3 wood in my bag if it didn’t finally give out several years ago. I had that thing for like a decade and loved it.

WITB 2024

2 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

It has been more than two years and the Epic was actually a replacement for the 816 DBD that I imploded the face on. In my life I have cracked an FT5, 816 DBD and now the Epic. I agree that Callaway has the best customer service around and has replaced the first two with no questions asked. This seems like a bit of pushing it although I am pretty sure they would replace it. Biggest issue is that I am not a fan of the Flash and they will not replace with another Epic.

When did you get it because the epic came out in 2017 so depending when they sent it to you it might not be 2 years yet

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

When did you get it because the epic came out in 2017 so depending when they sent it to you it might not be 2 years yet

Summer of 2017 was what I found when I looked this evening. Would still be under warranty so I think I will give them a call.

WITB 2024

8 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Summer of 2017 was what I found when I looked this evening. Would still be under warranty so I think I will give them a call.

Worth a shot. Worse they say is no right?

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Callaway would be very proud of you........great looking setup Jmike.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

4 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

Worth a shot. Worse they say is no right?

And no was pretty much what they told me.  Oh well, at least worth a phone call.

WITB 2024

🤷🏾‍♂️ Guess that means you get to get a new driver

🤷🏾‍♂️ Guess that means you get to get a new driver

Yes and no. I was able to get an Epic SZ head from my fitter for a song and a dance so I have a driver for the immediate future. I have hit the new Flash and the TS3 and still liked the Epic better. Would like to hit the new Ping G410 but not sure I get along with any of the stock offerings. Will be hitting the new PXG line this weekend but doubt I will go that route. So essentially I was able to get a driver head but may look around a bit. Doubtful I will replace the Epic.

WITB 2024

23 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Good work Mike on breaking a driver that had to be an odd feeling.

Good work Mike on breaking a driver that had to be an odd feeling.

Not really, I am a seasoned vet at cracking Callaway heads.

WITB 2024

3 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Yes and no. I was able to get an Epic SZ head from my fitter for a song and a dance so I have a driver for the immediate future. I have hit the new Flash and the TS3 and still liked the Epic better. Would like to hit the new Ping G410 but not sure I get along with any of the stock offerings. Will be hitting the new PXG line this weekend but doubt I will go that route. So essentially I was able to get a driver head but may look around a bit. Doubtful I will replace the Epic.

The PXG is really on my radar if it’s as good as it seems. The epic flash I wasn’t impressed with. The cobra is also on my must try list 

The PXG is really on my radar if it’s as good as it seems. The epic flash I wasn’t impressed with. The cobra is also on my must try list 

I can’t get over the crown on the Cobra, way too busy for me. Same issue I have had with Ping in their last few versions and hoping the 410 looks better to my eye.

WITB 2024

Stopped at my fitter on the way home to grab my Epic head and hit the new PXG driver and three wood. Overall these are solid and put up some good numbers. The spin was down a lot from the first generation and the sound was fantastic. Unfortunately I didn’t like the driver enough to plunk down $600.

I did take another run at the Epic Flash Sub Zero with my driver shaft in it and got better results than the first two times I have hit it. Now to decide if it is $500 better than the Epic SZ that I paid next to nothing for.

WITB 2024

• 2 weeks later...

A few updates to the bag. After I cracked my Epic SZ I was able to get another head for next to nothing as well as a Flash SZ Head well under the cost of buying the entire club new.

IMG_1399.thumb.JPG.bab8dbd11647104b82ba953a2e07b356.JPG

IMG_1400.thumb.JPG.606c18a17345abf84b1dc6eeb4cc5716.JPG

Kept the same AD TP 6x in it and so far the numbers aren’t much better than the older Epic, but it is less fade bias and easier to work either way.

As for the three wood I bought an AD TP 7x shaft for my Epic SZ and well it was attached to a Rogue SZ 15* head. Actually got it cheaper with the head than having my fitter pull it and over the weekend I decided to give it a few swings before I pulled the head. Well it was head and shoulders better than the Epic and had consistent ball speeds in the low 150’s. I also like the flatter flight compared to the Epic so in the bag it goes.

IMG_1406.thumb.JPG.7db1cf8d5a9dd922df8307e167cd2ec0.JPG

IMG_1407.thumb.JPG.809c6fa5f085c02506a9e3bd43c0c425.JPG

IMG_1408.thumb.JPG.2096d7b1eaf8fcf405252284957e0468.JPG

The hybrid is not a new purchase and will slot in the bag for certain courses in the place of my 18* utility iron. They both carry about the same distance, but much different ball flights.

IMG_1401.thumb.JPG.793df060fd1c3c96428969fd90260db5.JPG

IMG_1402.thumb.JPG.42cb6da8a4246a83e18d1a63f45af6c9.JPG

IMG_1403.thumb.JPG.6750c9621e4d16f3e103137969edb068.JPG

Last but not least is my new Stroke Lab V Line CS. I went for a fitting before these were released and just could not ignore how much better the results were than my Toulon blade when I rolled each of them on SAM Putt Lab.

IMG_1404.thumb.JPG.6f1f514484ac1bb307adb094c1bcee47.JPG

IMG_1404.thumb.JPG.4f94b1adda01eb75bf9ce6801f8ba0f1.JPG

And that completes the bag for 2019. Only changes will be changing the hybrid and utility iron when the course demands it.

WITB 2024

Nice!!! Shafts alone are awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Nice!!! Shafts alone are awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks. As you can tell I am a big GD fan. The TP shafts were big for me. I can finally play lighter shafts and not lose control. The AD DI I had in my driver was 75g and the GT in my three wood was 88g. I was able to get down to 64g and 75g in the driver and three wood. Good for a bit more speed and distance with sacrificing control.

WITB 2024

Finally organized my backup putters :)

IMG_1414.JPG

WITB 2024

IMG_1414.thumb.JPG.36a7151e3ad2fbbb3b8d10471bb905f4.JPG

OMG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

IMG_1414.thumb.JPG.36a7151e3ad2fbbb3b8d10471bb905f4.JPG

Good lord. 🤣

Arrow!! Not the Indian!!
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

9 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Finally organized my backup putters 🙂

IMG_1414.JPG

Wow quite a putter collection.  Go Birds!

Driver: Cobra Bio Cell3 wood: Cobra Fly Z3/4 Hybrid: Cobra BafflerIrons: Ping G25 5 - SWfLW: Titleist Vokey 58Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

Good lord. 🤣

Arrow!! Not the Indian!!

I like to have a lot of arrows....just in case.

WITB 2024