Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

12 hours ago, DG53 said:

Kia ora, from New Zealand.  I've been playing about 18 months. I started playing when my then 12 year old wanted to play.  We both play off 18 hc, he beats me most of the time, his putting is better than mine.

I was fitted for cleveland launcher irons and also xxio 4 hybrid and 5 wood, and a taylormade M4 driver. After about 3 months the xxio clubs just weren't working, lots of hooks. I had lessons with the club pro, my swing improved so those xxio clubs got the boot, along with the driver.  I'll write a story on that soon.

I enjoy the game, love the tech but hate the clothing.

Welcome to MGS!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Hey yawl I am a rookie golfer and a rookie on this forum, (Instagram @therookiegolfer_ ). Started playing 2.5 years ago and going strong. Current handicap is 17 and my goal for this season is 15 and below, got some work left :-). My first set was the Titleist 962 DC 3i to Sandwedge (1993) which was still a pretty good beginner set when I bought it 2.5 years ago on Marktplaats (eBay like website) for only 65 euro. I spent the first half year on the range (we have the largest practice facility in Europe) before trying out the big A-course. Last year it was finally time to get a new iron set, but didn't want to spent thousands of euro's so did some research, and came across Takomo. After some digging and watching endless reviews online I chose the 301 combination set - 4i-7i CB & 8i-pw MB. These clubs are giving me the feel and workability I was looking for. The clubs are still going strong and really loving them. What else is in my back, Taylormade driver & 5 wood (both M2), Vokey wedge (60) and the Callaway Raw Jaws (50). Currently in the market for a new putter as my Odyssey Tour 9 is up for replacement. I'm totally addicted with the game and making a lot of hours to improve myself. I'm an autodidact so didn't take any lessons, instead I'm watching a lot of YouTube professionals and the pro's on television. Funny thing is that I started to learn to play golf in virtual reality, which gave me an advantage over other new players to the game. 

Cheers all and  hope to have some fun here.

TheRookieGolfer | TRG

Ola, i have been playing golf now for four years, started during the pandemic, currently a 16 hcp. Was hoping to be single handicapper by now but eventually i found out that it’s not that easy…! 

What do you love about golf? I cant really explain, i did all kinds of sports but golf just got me, and its getting more and more addictive every day…:-)

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love the reviews and am relatively new to the forum.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Amsterdam, the Netherlands and play as a greenfee player on different courses in the Amsterdam area.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best i cant really say, some courses are great, other are really bad but the worst thing has got to be the weather, lots of rainy days.

What do you do for a living? I am a personal trainer.

How’d you pick your user name? It is a name i got in my younger years from friends.

• D Callaway Mavrik
  • 5w Cobra radspeed
  • 4h cobra f9
  • 2i titleist 712 (bought from Joost Luijten)
  • 4-G Mizuno Pro 225
  • w54/12d vokey sm8
  • p odyssey white hot pro #1

On 6/11/2024 at 9:49 AM, TheRookieGolfer said:

Hey yawl I am a rookie golfer and a rookie on this forum, (Instagram @therookiegolfer_ ). Started playing 2.5 years ago and going strong. Current handicap is 17 and my goal for this season is 15 and below, got some work left :-). My first set was the Titleist 962 DC 3i to Sandwedge (1993) which was still a pretty good beginner set when I bought it 2.5 years ago on Marktplaats (eBay like website) for only 65 euro. I spent the first half year on the range (we have the largest practice facility in Europe) before trying out the big A-course. Last year it was finally time to get a new iron set, but didn't want to spent thousands of euro's so did some research, and came across Takomo. After some digging and watching endless reviews online I chose the 301 combination set - 4i-7i CB & 8i-pw MB. These clubs are giving me the feel and workability I was looking for. The clubs are still going strong and really loving them. What else is in my back, Taylormade driver & 5 wood (both M2), Vokey wedge (60) and the Callaway Raw Jaws (50). Currently in the market for a new putter as my Odyssey Tour 9 is up for replacement. I'm totally addicted with the game and making a lot of hours to improve myself. I'm an autodidact so didn't take any lessons, instead I'm watching a lot of YouTube professionals and the pro's on television. Funny thing is that I started to learn to play golf in virtual reality, which gave me an advantage over other new players to the game. 

Cheers all and  hope to have some fun here.

Welcome!

2 minutes ago, donniebrasco said:

Ola, i have been playing golf now for four years, started during the pandemic, currently a 16 hcp. Was hoping to be single handicapper by now but eventually i found out that it’s not that easy…! 

What do you love about golf? I cant really explain, i did all kinds of sports but golf just got me, and its getting more and more addictive every day…:-)

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love the reviews and am relatively new to the forum.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Amsterdam, the Netherlands and play as a greenfee player on different courses in the Amsterdam area.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best i cant really say, some courses are great, other are really bad but the worst thing has got to be the weather, lots of rainy days.

How’d you pick your user name? It is a name i got in my younger years from friends.

Welcome to MGS!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Hello everyone,

My name is Josh. I live in Ottawa, Canada. I started playing golf while searching for a healthy way to relieve stress with my friends in the army. I would play terribly (i still do, but I'm a little bit better now lol) but we would try and play our game while complaining about the million things that would grind our gears in the service. Time amongst friends who understand what we are going through and time outside have a therapeutic quality. 

I started with clubs that were found on the side of the road and facebook marketplace for less than 10 Canadian Dollars. I did slightly upgrade, but I am currently still very much a "value" golfer.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

The Garmin App tells me I am 33.5 and trending downwards.

What do you love about golf?

I love being outside and with friends. I love the strategy and self-improvement aspect of it.  The quote from Bobby Jones strikes true for me

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots, but you have to play the ball where it lies.” - Bobby Jones

I like how golf helps me with moving on, I can take a bad shot and it trains me to shake it off and start the next shot as if the previous one had not happened.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I browsed through MyGolfSpy for the reviews (especially for Kirkland goods), I dont know any other spies

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I Moved to Ottawa within the last year, I am still shopping around for a home. My previous club I called home was Deep River Golf Club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

It is too soon to tell, I need to play more clubs to have an opinion on the bad parts.

What do you do for a living?

Was a mechanic in the army, I am currently a student to start a new career.

How’d you pick your user name?

Donut was based off an old crappy flash animation I made in middle school as a information technology project in the early 2000s or late 90s. I've kept it because D is the first letter of my surname and it was easy to say as a callsign in online videogames.

Whats in the Bag

Bag-Taylormade Flextech

Driver- Taylormade RBZ (the none adjustable one)

Wood- Taylormade RBZ Stage 2: 3 & 5
Irons- Mizuno Mx100 4-9

Wedge- Kirkland 52,56,60

Putter- Kirkland KS1

Ball- Kirkland or whatever I can find in the woods.

JD

Welcome!

12 hours ago, donniebrasco said:

Hey DonnieBrasco, lets play sometime. My home course is Amsteldijk, I bet you know it and have played there before. Cheers!

TheRookieGolfer | TRG

5 hours ago, TheRookieGolfer said:

Hey DonnieBrasco, lets play sometime. My home course is Amsteldijk, I bet you know it and have played there before. Cheers!

Yo TRG, yeah man, that sounds great! I am actually a member of the training facility there, which is great! I don't like the course that much, but to play it once in a while is no problem at all. I will send you a private message to book a teatime!

• D Callaway Mavrik
  • 5w Cobra radspeed
  • 4h cobra f9
  • 2i titleist 712 (bought from Joost Luijten)
  • 4-G Mizuno Pro 225
  • w54/12d vokey sm8
  • p odyssey white hot pro #1

• 2 weeks later...

What’s going on everyone! I’m Neil. I have been golfing for about 15 years but only been taking it serious since 2019.  Not even sure you should classify anything before that actually golfing!  It was more about the drinks and the jokes with friends. It took me  5 years to even finish an entire round.  Currently, I shoot in the low 90s only recently breaking 90.

What do you love about golf?  I love the getting outdoors with friends and making new connections.  I love the combination strength, technique and accuracy required to do it correctly.  I am also a techie/data nerd by vocation so the gear, tech, tinkering and tracking the numbers also appeals to me.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I don’t know any other members personally.  I found the site and forum a while ago while researching a new driver.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I’m up in Mississauga Ontario Canada.  I don’t really have a home course, but I frequent Lionhead GC…. Mostly because it’s the closest to me but I also my earliest golfing memory was braving the crowd to see Michael Jordan play a celebrity tourney there in the 90s.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  We have some of the best courses in the world up here.  I have played some of them even before I took golf seriously enough to appreciate them.  Check out Muskoka Bay Resort, Glen Abbey, or Angus Glen.  The worst thing about golfing in Canada is dealing with Canadian weather.  You get 5 - 6 months of good outdoor golf weather then you have to hit up the simulators.

What do you do for a living?  I’m in the Data and Analytics space which, like I said, is one of the appeals of golf to me in tracking the data and tweaking your form or gear.

How’d you pick your user name?  No particularly fascinating story. It’s my name.

~~~~~~~
Driver: Titleist TSr2 10.0 w/ HZRDUS Smoke black Shaft 6.0

Taylormade Stealth 3W HL, Titleist t200 3U iron

Taylormade P790 4i - AW / modus 105 S

Vokey 54 & 58 W

SC Phantom X5.5

11 hours ago, AnilDS said:

What’s going on everyone! I’m Neil. I have been golfing for about 15 years but only been taking it serious since 2019.  Not even sure you should classify anything before that actually golfing!  It was more about the drinks and the jokes with friends. It took me  5 years to even finish an entire round.  Currently, I shoot in the low 90s only recently breaking 90.

What do you love about golf?  I love the getting outdoors with friends and making new connections.  I love the combination strength, technique and accuracy required to do it correctly.  I am also a techie/data nerd by vocation so the gear, tech, tinkering and tracking the numbers also appeals to me.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I don’t know any other members personally.  I found the site and forum a while ago while researching a new driver.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I’m up in Mississauga Ontario Canada.  I don’t really have a home course, but I frequent Lionhead GC…. Mostly because it’s the closest to me but I also my earliest golfing memory was braving the crowd to see Michael Jordan play a celebrity tourney there in the 90s.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  We have some of the best courses in the world up here.  I have played some of them even before I took golf seriously enough to appreciate them.  Check out Muskoka Bay Resort, Glen Abbey, or Angus Glen.  The worst thing about golfing in Canada is dealing with Canadian weather.  You get 5 - 6 months of good outdoor golf weather then you have to hit up the simulators.

What do you do for a living?  I’m in the Data and Analytics space which, like I said, is one of the appeals of golf to me in tracking the data and tweaking your form or gear.

How’d you pick your user name?  No particularly fascinating story. It’s my name.

Welcome to MGS!

Here is a warm welcome to everyone that has just joined the best golf forum!

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi golfers. Been lurking and enjoying MGS content for a while. Time to start contributing. 

I'm a 51yr old dutch national currently living close to Lisbon in Portugal after a 5yr stint in the south of the US. I started playing golf actively when I stopped playing tennis, now 16 yrs ago. I loved to play tennis, but my love for golf is exponentially bigger. I love playing golf, reading and writing about golf, love toying around with equipment, love discovering new courses and the places and experiences golf present. But I think what is most appealing to me is the process of getting better at golf. Searching for ways to improve, experiment, all that while hardly ever hitting the range:) Very grateful to have stumbled upon Golf. 

I play off a 5hcp, still trending lower and lower yearly. Although the improvements are harder to come by. Have become serious about the role of fitness in my golf mainly because of low back issues. Try to play almost daily as part of my working day. Member at Quinta do Peru, a true portuguese members club. I enjoy competitive golf and after having entered the senior ranks I have been playing some of the national championships which is a lot of fun.  

I play a true mixed bag of clubs, always farting around finding the tiniest improvements. Shafts ranging from Regular to X-Stiff, 2 58d wedges, I try to play what works for me. I'm anal about how my clubs look at address, especially with my woods / hybrids. Can't stand an imperfection on my clubheads. If only I could transfer some of that rigidity to other parts of my life:)

MyGolfSpy forum is relatively new to me. In (continental) Europe golf is being experienced differently compared to the US and Australia. Resources, equipment but also a forum like this is just not at the same level. So I have started searching for a proper forum and like what I see here with myGolfSpy. Also the fact that there is significant focus on equipment is what I enjoy. I don't know any other current MyGolfSpy forum members yet. But hopefully that will change soon. 

Golf in Portugal is very mixed. In the southern part of the country there is an abundance of golf courses focused on tourists. Wonderful golf courses, but tourist golf, courses that support working a good amount of people at a proper pace through an enjoyable round of golf. The course set ups support that. Not necessarily my type of golf due to the lack of character. For the portuguese, golf is still a sport for the elite. Although, most courses I have visited are not stiff. But facilities are focused on the tourist, the internal market of portuguese golfers is small. So for somebody like me who likes to buy and sell and try (used) golf equipment, this is not the epicenter of the golfworld.  

I work in Program Management. Coaching project managers, running projects myself as well.

Look forward to interacting here, learn from golf your experiences and sharing mine.

Edited by PaBr

Dr: Callaway Rogue STMax, GD  Tour UB6s

17&21 Callaway UW, Aldila NV green 75s

TSI1 5hy atmos black 95x

6-gw PXG gen1 p, steelfiber 95r

cbx 54,58 wedges

callaway Mac daddy forged 58

LAB DF3, 35/69

image.png.f78242c0c8cd05361a1bff709e63eee5.pngFun topic!

Not being from the US, playing abroad comes more natural, or is a necessity:) I have had clients and been working international projects for the last 20 years. And have had many opportunities to play golf abroad regularly. Or better said, I would ensure my planning did allow for golf to be included, at times adding weekends to my trip to experience the local golf.

For me the main tip is, invest time, do what you can to make it a local experience and be less of a visitor. To experience golf as the locals experience it. The easiest way to do so is by playing courses with local members. When travelling by yourself, you're often playing golf by yourself or with a group that tee off at the same time you happened to have booked. Find some people to play with and create a connection with them. It can become a pretty lonely experience otherwise. Although that never holds me back from playing.

When on work trips I don't do anything special to arrange my golf. Internet is your friend. Invest some time in finding the best local options. Best as in a proper mix of course quality, pricing and accessibility.

Never had any issues taking my clubs on any of these trips and I think I have had at least 50 trips. Just do a bit of research on what works (take the clubheads off, broomstick or other lengthy sturdy object in the bag and use towels to cover the iron heads etc).

Was fortunate to play a broad array of courses around the globe. Went back and forth weekly to the Surrey area in UK for close to a year. Made a point to play a different course each week. Wonderful courses, from dirt cheap to fairly upscale. Prices have tripled since I see.

Currently having a client in Australia, bringing me there for 4 stints of a month each, without family. Which is a shame, but I numb my sadness with playing golf:) One of these trips my intend is to fly to Tasmania and play the barnbougle brothers.

Played in italy couple of times with locals who went out of their way to make it an unforgettable day. Very hospitable. Currently in Portugal fortunate enough to have very similar experiences.

Finally, earlier this year had a true buddies golf trip to Ireland. We stayed 1 hour south of Dublin, played 7 different courses in 7 days. Main take away for me is: do all you can to experience Irish golf. Live golf like the irish live golf. It is easy to be blinded by the splendidness of the links courses, but I think one is missing out by visiting the big names (only). The lesser names are equally satisfying in experience, just very different. You can be moved through a big name course like many fellow tourists while at the same time you can experience the Irish comradery, the irish sense of community while golfing by just visiting your local golf course. It is truly marvelous and leaves a lot of room to be surprised in unexpected ways. 1 or maybe 2 of the top name courses is more than enough, there is so much more to Irish (and I expect Scotish) golf as the big names.

Dr: Callaway Rogue STMax, GD  Tour UB6s

17&21 Callaway UW, Aldila NV green 75s

TSI1 5hy atmos black 95x

6-gw PXG gen1 p, steelfiber 95r

cbx 54,58 wedges

callaway Mac daddy forged 58

LAB DF3, 35/69

Welcome  to mgs!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Hey everyone!

I've always been close to golf (my dad and some close friends play back home) but I just started to learn a couple of months ago. So far I've focused on pitching and putting and I've played a few rounds, my first was a 9-hole course. So I haven't got my handicap yet -hope to get it soon.

I like how it becomes a personal challenge and a drive for constant improvement. It mixes skill, strategy, concentration and the peacefulness of nature. I personally love nature.

I found this forum searching for communities to share my learning experience and learn from other golfers. It's brand new for me.

I am originally from Switzerland, but moved to Bogotá, Colombia in 2015 and I'm not planning of getting out of here soon haha. Now I don't think I have a home course, as the one I frequent the most is the public practice course Centro de Alto Rendimiento. However, when I'm more proficient, for sure I will spend much of my time in El Rincón, San Andrés and La Cima (the highest course in the region, at 3,000 asl)

The best and worst thing is that golfers around the world haven't discovered Colombia as a golf holiday destination. In my opinion, Colombia is a dream golf destination that has it all: with courses on the beach, in the Andean mountains, in the Pacific valley, and around coffee plantations – all year round. Plus, if you come, you'll have the courses almost to yourself. However, since this tourism segment isn't fully developed, the courses are within private clubs for the elite and not open to everyone. So, you'll need a connection, usually a travel agency, to get you in to play.

I worked in finance for 20 years in Switzerland, then I traveled around the world and finally I decided to settle in this beautiful country to start my company. Now I run a luxury tour operator here.

It is my usual handle on social media

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS Driver

Wood: Callaway Epic MAX 5 Wood Regular (Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60)

Irons: Ping Eye 2 Irons 4-9

Wedges: Ping Eye 2 Wedge PW, Ping G2 SW

Hybrid: Nickent 3DX IW RC 23° 4 Hybrid Regular Flex SR 2.5

Putter: MD Golf Superstrong STR40  #1 Putter

Ball: TaylorMade Distance +

Welcome to MYGOLFSPY @colombiafrank.

We hope you enjoy it here!

MY WITB list

Bag: Adidas 7 way stand bag

Cart: :Clicgear: Model 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9°

FW: :wilson_staff_small: D9 Fairway 

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Launcher

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D9 4 - PW

Wedges: :ping-small: S159 - 50deg, 54deg, 60deg

Putter: :taylormade-small: Kia Ma Daytona

Ball:  :taylormade-small:Soft Response,  :srixon-small: AD333, :callaway-small: Supersoft

2024 Tester - :ping-small: S159 wedges. See my review here:

13 hours ago, colombiafrank said:

Hey everyone!

I've always been close to golf (my dad and some close friends play back home) but I just started to learn a couple of months ago. So far I've focused on pitching and putting and I've played a few rounds, my first was a 9-hole course. So I haven't got my handicap yet -hope to get it soon.

I like how it becomes a personal challenge and a drive for constant improvement. It mixes skill, strategy, concentration and the peacefulness of nature. I personally love nature.

I found this forum searching for communities to share my learning experience and learn from other golfers. It's brand new for me.

I am originally from Switzerland, but moved to Bogotá, Colombia in 2015 and I'm not planning of getting out of here soon haha. Now I don't think I have a home course, as the one I frequent the most is the public practice course Centro de Alto Rendimiento. However, when I'm more proficient, for sure I will spend much of my time in El Rincón, San Andrés and La Cima (the highest course in the region, at 3,000 asl)

The best and worst thing is that golfers around the world haven't discovered Colombia as a golf holiday destination. In my opinion, Colombia is a dream golf destination that has it all: with courses on the beach, in the Andean mountains, in the Pacific valley, and around coffee plantations – all year round. Plus, if you come, you'll have the courses almost to yourself. However, since this tourism segment isn't fully developed, the courses are within private clubs for the elite and not open to everyone. So, you'll need a connection, usually a travel agency, to get you in to play.

I worked in finance for 20 years in Switzerland, then I traveled around the world and finally I decided to settle in this beautiful country to start my company. Now I run a luxury tour operator here.

It is my usual handle on social media

Welcome to MGS!

Hey everyone,

Swapping the desert heat for some online golf tips! Just joined from Namibia and looking forward to chatting with all you international golfers. Any course recommendations for a future African safari golf trip? Planning the essentials for the wildlife encounters alongside the perfect swing!

Edited by Genesis17

17 minutes ago, Genesis17 said:

Hey everyone,

Swapping the desert heat for some online golf tips! Just joined from Namibia and looking forward to chatting with all you international golfers. Any course recommendations for a future African safari golf trip?

Hi there,

Leon from Cape Town, South Africa, planning on coming this way?

Cause you know there are so many courses to play this side, it all depends on which provinces you want to visit.

Or are you going more to the North and East side of Africa?

MY WITB list

Ball:  :taylormade-small:Soft Response,  :srixon-small: AD333, :callaway-small: Supersoft

2 hours ago, Genesis17 said:

Hey everyone,

Swapping the desert heat for some online golf tips! Just joined from Namibia and looking forward to chatting with all you international golfers. Any course recommendations for a future African safari golf trip?

Welcome to MGS!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Steve and I'm from sunny (!) London

Wasn't sure what else to write so thought I'd provide responses to the questions at the top of the thread:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - Used to play a fair bit when I was younger and then stopped when football took over and only took golf back up in the last 4/5 years now. I'm currently a 17 handicap and normally shoot in the high 80's / low 90's but have been know to shoot both in the low 80's / high 90's! 

What do you love about golf? Just being able to get outdoors for a few hours and meet new people. Also like the fact that nobody cares about your swing or your score and is just there to enjoy the round (

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - Just saw there was a forum on social media and thought I'd join and see what the fuss is about!

Where are you from? What is your home course? - I'm based near London and my home course is Hampton Palace Golf Club 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - Best things are the amount of courses within a reasonable area but don't have a 'worst thing'

What do you do for a living? - I'm a financial controller for a building company

How’d you pick your user name? - Simply my first name, first letter of my surname and the year I was born - very imaginative!!

17 handicapper, here to have fun

Welcome to MGS!

Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do!

MY WITB list

Welcome aboard the MGS golf train!

WITB-

10 hours ago, SteveW83 said:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Steve and I'm from sunny (!) London

Wasn't sure what else to write so thought I'd provide responses to the questions at the top of the thread:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - Used to play a fair bit when I was younger and then stopped when football took over and only took golf back up in the last 4/5 years now. I'm currently a 17 handicap and normally shoot in the high 80's / low 90's but have been know to shoot both in the low 80's / high 90's! 

What do you love about golf? Just being able to get outdoors for a few hours and meet new people. Also like the fact that nobody cares about your swing or your score and is just there to enjoy the round (

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - Just saw there was a forum on social media and thought I'd join and see what the fuss is about!

Where are you from? What is your home course? - I'm based near London and my home course is Hampton Palace Golf Club 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - Best things are the amount of courses within a reasonable area but don't have a 'worst thing'

What do you do for a living? - I'm a financial controller for a building company

How’d you pick your user name? - Simply my first name, first letter of my surname and the year I was born - very imaginative!!

Welcome to MGS and the Forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all Members.

I have been seing the mygolfspy website since long time ago. Its time to start be in the forum for me. I started playing golf when I 12 years old and Im 33 right now. Unfortunately there was some off years. Now I'm a 10 hcp and I really love the competitve side of golf.

I was a titleist guy before I saw this website. Now I still have vokey wedges and titleist irons, but I have now a ping driver g430max.

Looking forward to be more involved in the forum

Edited by Jdias

Jose Dias

24 minutes ago, Jdias said:

Hello to all Members.

I have been seing the mygolfspy website since long time ago. Its time to start be in the forum for me. I started playing golf when I 12 years old and Im 33 right now. Unfortunately there was some off years. Now I'm a 10 hcp and I really love the competitve side of golf.

I was a titleist guy before I saw this website. Now I still have vokey wedges and titleist irons, but I have now a ping driver g430max.

Welcome! Have a look around and decide which thread/s interest you and jump right in!

3 hours ago, Jdias said:

Hello to all Members.

Welcome to MGS!

WITB-