Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How a golf ball is made

Justin66

http://http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3wmg9_how-its-made-golf-balls_news

How its made - Golf Balls by tamart1

This is a little older, but the process is still basically the same. The only difference in the manufacturing process that I'm aware of is their "offsetting" of the dimples. Bridgestone was the first, if I remember correctly, to slightly twist one half of the cover mold; this allows for a much less noticable seam and slightly more efficient flight.

Pretty fascinating, if you ask me.

Cool video thanks

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

cool video... I love How it's Made...

This just made me laugh... looks like the used ball bin in the clubhouse... throw in a couple Pinnacle, Slazenger, and Nike PD soft, and it's dead on...

2hdwf9w.png

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

That is pretty fascinating. I would really like to see how they make the Penta and other multilayer balls.

From what I know about injection molding (I'm no expert, but we do a bunch of it for car parts at my shop) it'd be inline, from an operations standpoint, with how they add the cover. Only, the core would obviously be smaller, then however many layers needed would be added after the preceding layer was allowed to cool. If they don't let it cool, I imagine the layers would melt together, so instead of a 5-piece ball like the Penta you'd have a 2-piecer with a multi-colored core. A Top-Flite with a urethane cover, basically :lol: .

I'm going to try and dig a little more... maybe something will come up.

I'm going to try and dig a little more... maybe something will come up.

Ok... I found this on YouTube. I tried a Penta-specific search, but nothing came up. I would think that something like that would be a useful marketing tool, but maybe that's why I'm sitting in front of my computer and not there. Anyway, this is a "Made in America" bit about Titleist. It's more of a lesson in the company, but there's a small part at about the 3:50 mark that shows a mantle layer being layered over the core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy86YlsR0LU&feature=player_embedded#at=246

Archived