Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Online golf evaluation and/ or lessons

Has anyone had a swing evaluation or lesson online, with any of the pro teachers?  Was it a good thing?  There are more and more teaching pro doing this.  And if you did which instructor did you use?

Ping g400 max driver

Cally 7 and 5 wood 

ping g400 irons

cleveland wedge

I think it will depend on the person.  You send a video,  get feedback,  then exchange some emails.   I like to ask questions and have interactive discussion so it just didn't work for me doing full swing.  I've done it with putting,  and it worked out great because the approach was me communicating my thoughts and decisions and then learning what those decisions did to the stroke.  Ultimately it will depend on how you learn best.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Ultimately it will depend on how you learn best.  

That's the key.

Even though I watch golf instruction videos occasionally, I'd be less comfortable with online lessons. I need someone physically next to me to watch and make minor adjustments. My instructor does take videos during the lesson which he sends me, however, those are for refreshing the lesson as opposed to an actual lesson. But then that's just me

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

There is an app called Skillest. You can find a wide array of instructors on there including some well known ones. There’s all kinds of coaches that offer online lessons and the packages vary from a single lesson which would be nothing more than you sending a video and getting feedback and drills and then having to pay for another no different than if taking in person lesson. Some allow questions at no cost.

Finding an online one is no different than finding an in person one in that researching the person and finding their teaching philosophy and if it matches up with your expectations. The biggest advantage is that you have access to instructors that don’t live in your area. Price is going to vary by person and their demand as well as the area they live in. 

As the @cnosil and @tony@CIC mention it depends on how one learns on whether it’s beneficial or not. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Swing instruction online is just as good as in person.  Your job is to find the person you resonate with and then do the work.  Not the work you want but the work required.  The best opportunity online is to receive a holistic plan for your improvement.  If we don't know by know, tips don't work so stop wasting time.  The path of least resistance is downhill and leads to mediocrity!  Lots of people down there encouraging you to join them.  

Just an opinion, but maybe you should find someone who doesn't share your opinion or philosophy.  If what you are doing doesn't work, why would you want to work on it more!!  Makes no sense.  Instructors fix swings and do it well.  Coaches fix games and only fix swings when there is a problem causing your inability to meet your goals.  Plus, coaches provide motivation, accountability, and a plan. 

Swing instruction online is just as good as in person.  Your job is to find the person you resonate with and then do the work.  Not the work you want but the work required.  The best opportunity online is to receive a holistic plan for your improvement.  If we don't know by know, tips don't work so stop wasting time.  The path of least resistance is downhill and leads to mediocrity!  Lots of people down there encouraging you to join them.  
Just an opinion, but maybe you should find someone who doesn't share your opinion or philosophy.  If what you are doing doesn't work, why would you want to work on it more!!  Makes no sense.  Instructors fix swings and do it well.  Coaches fix games and only fix swings when there is a problem causing your inability to meet your goals.  Plus, coaches provide motivation, accountability, and a plan. 

Ed, I understand what you are saying, but I still don’t think online lessons to fix swing issues is for everyone. Coaching is a different animal. As an example, I think you are a great instructor but I think I would struggle working with you via online lessons. We could probably evolve to that for a maintenance type lesson, but not as a starting point.

I’ll use my last lesson with you as an example. You did video of me trying things during the swing to illustrate when I did things right and wrong to show me difference, you maneuvered the club and my hands into correct positions, we had back and forth conversation. I just don’t think we could do that with video exchange. Now that we have established a baseline understanding we could probably follow up via video.

I am not saying it isn’t possible and I am sure many people have success, but to me it seems a bit more inefficient and not necessarily for everyone.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

47 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Ed, I understand what you are saying, but I still don’t think online lessons to fix swing issues is for everyone. Coaching is a different animal. As an example, I think you are a great instructor but I think I would struggle working with you via online lessons. We could probably evolve to that for a maintenance type lesson, but not as a starting point.

I’ll use my last lesson with you as an example. You did video of me trying things during the swing to illustrate when I did things right and wrong to show me difference, you maneuvered the club and my hands into correct positions, we had back and forth conversation. I just don’t think we could do that with video exchange. Now that we have established a baseline understanding we could probably follow up via video.

I am not saying it isn’t possible and I am sure many people have success, but to me it seems a bit more inefficient and not necessarily for everyone.

I actually believe that both parties would become better at their craft.  I'd need to better communicate and you would have to communicate back, explore, and then display a movement pattern.  The speed of your understanding and your ability to physically demonstrate the solution would skyrocket.  I think your learning and transitioning of skill to the course we greatly improve and at a faster rate.  So, a video lesson would provide visuals, verbal, & tactile (you) elements which have been proven to increase the speed of learning.  

Most importantly, your ability to coach yourself would increase dramatically making time with your coach much more productive.  I'm not a coach if I can't get you to coach yourself.   

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Chad Carpenter said:

i have never had online lessons with a professional teacher but i am curious

I think there can be more good than bad with online lessons.  However, that opinion is based on what a player wants out of the lesson.  If it is purely swing related, you can definitely improve general structure and movement patterns.  At some point, seeing ball flight and tuning the minutia of impact could be difficult.  If you are looking for a holistic approach to improve you game, then I think online is a tremendous way to improve.  Swing work, strategy, tactical knowledge, tactical decision-making, mindsets, personal development, statistics, & group accountability are all easily accomplished online. 

On 4/5/2020 at 11:52 PM, 70445 said:

Has anyone had a swing evaluation or lesson online, with any of the pro teachers?  Was it a good thing?  There are more and more teaching pro doing this.  And if you did which instructor did you use?

I've come across an ex Tour Pro Michael Bruchet, who offers online coaching and has different levels of Programs depending where you're at with your game. He combines body strengthening, mindset, has some great routines and drills. He also offers quite a lot of free content.

On 4/5/2020 at 11:52 PM, 70445 said:

Did you get sorted? If not check out www.michaelbruchet.com I've been following and recently signed up with him, his stuff is quite different from the normal stuff that try's to get you to change your swing.