Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

YouTuber's getting on board with the MGS way??? Or!!!

So this will play off of @SnakeDoc favorite youtuber and some of @sirchunksalot fav's on youtube replies.

A lot of the recent content being provided by these creators seems to be changing and moving to a data driven review. They still can get feel out of their mouth, especially when they talk about putters. I'll reference Rick Shiel's golf review on the new KS1 Kirkland putter. He cant get feel out of his mouth and gives us no data. I wanna see how ur puts matched up vs. your normal putter, or how many made or missed from said distance. It's a bit frustrating to see a full review on a putter to conclude with well my putter feels better, or that the box it came in was chincy. Same with Mark Crossfield's Srixon ball review. He gave great data on what he had done but again feel was all over the video. It shows that hes growing, and taking note from MGS especially after the odd meeting at the golf show between him and team MGS. or at least that's how I saw it. But still needs to grow in they way the reviews are done. Then there is TXG.. he did an ok review on the Taylormade V-Steel VS SIM V-steel titanium. mind you the v-steel was shorter and a steel shaft and had a much tighter dispersion grouping  and chose a the SIM with a 15 yard advantage and a larger dispersion group. And for some reason that rubbed me the wrong way. And after watching the video again, it looks like he used the V-steel to warm up. How can we these guys serious?I don't know! I still enjoy the content the produce, am much more skeptical of the things they produce passed of the verbiage they use in said video and the data provided as well. I guess MGS has spoiled me and I'm just frustrated with s***** reviews. To end this is are YouTubers trying to emulate what MGS is doing or are they going to keep flailing in the deep end of the pool doing the same old $&%*#

sim 3 wood.png

srixon balls.png

kirkland putter.png

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

A few thoughts on this topic...

For starters I’m a huge fan of Crossfield and TXG, not so much anybody else on YouTube. Ian is a well respected fitter and very intelligent, 100% data driven. Crossfield is more edgy and likes to challenge conventional thinking and blends data with the human element very well. In reality they’re not that different in thought process, they both talk about doing more content together, but their deliveries are very different. Ian and Matt hit balls in their studio and present data, while Mark adds a coaching/human element with his course vlogs.

Personally I don’t get the data vs feel perception, especially on here. Technology and data is a great tool and shouldn’t be undervalued but disregarding feel(human element) is not real. We are all human and no computer algorithm, statistical analysis or super computer can predict how humans react. Feel is a huge factor in everything we do.

I would say as a whole, the the golf world is moving more data driven and away from the old school of thought because of technology and being able to prove if/why things do/don’t happen. YouTube as a whole will be behind because of the platform itself is based on entertainment. You have to remember that these people are making a living creating content so they have a certain audience to play to. Being 100% data driven isn’t cool, flashy or entertaining. Reality is most people want to be entertained or watch short swing tip or subjective review videos. TXG have talked about this, they did a video that had Tiger in the title, and it was their most viewed video and they said it was the dumbest video they ever did but people just eat it up. Unfortunately most golfers aren’t gearheads that like to go down rabbit holes and try to get to the bottom of every issue we encounter. The MGS community is a small niche in the golf world and that’s just reality. Some day the industry will catch up, but not anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is difficult to expect youtube reviewers to do what MGS does as far as reviews.  They have many testers taking a upwards of 10000 shots (for clubs).  They touch on this on No Putts Given in episode 6 or 7 I think.  Worth a peak.

Also, I agree with @LeftyRM7.  I think feel is important.  I know MGS believe feel is not as important compared to performance but feel is important for me.  With that being said MGS's harry nodwell and sam robinson, whom both are praised by owner adam beach as being really good golfers, both talk about feel when speaking about clubs in the podcast.  I think feel and performance is why I play mizuno irons.  

Lastly, if you do believe in MGS which I think you do, it's more about fitting than the review.  MGS's most wanted or winners of any other category could be completely wrong for you personally.  At the very least, I think youtube reviewers can create interest in clubs.  MGS reviews may not be too far off from this even though they are more thorough.  But the fitting is where your data and your swing come to life.

It is difficult to expect youtube reviewers to do what MGS does as far as reviews.  They have many testers taking a upwards of 10000 shots (for clubs).  They touch on this on No Putts Given in episode 6 or 7 I think.  Worth a peak.
Also, I agree with [mention=84897]LeftyRM7[/mention].  I think feel is important.  I know MGS believe feel is not as important compared to performance but feel is important for me.  With that being said MGS's harry nodwell and sam robinson, whom both are praised by owner adam beach as being really good golfers, both talk about feel when speaking about clubs in the podcast.  I think feel and performance is why I play mizuno irons.  
Lastly, if you do believe in MGS which I think you do, it's more about fitting than the review.  MGS's most wanted or winners of any other category could be completely wrong for you personally.  At the very least, I think youtube reviewers can create interest in clubs.  MGS reviews may not be too far off from this even though they are more thorough.  But the fitting is where your data and your swing come to life.
Shoot I posted the wrong video, I love TXGs take on things, it was this James robinson video that got me all twisted. And@leftyrm7 I do agree with feel having it's place. Maybe that's been part of my problems lately that I focus to much on the statistics of things.

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

I've used MGS as a guide to build the clubs in my bag, shoot some didn't work. Even took 3 tries on some clubs. But I've tried to use the data presented to make the best decisions o could.

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app