27 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Yes

That was a big problem for me. Monte told me not to do anything else until i got that fixed. That one took a long time to get even close to fixing. I was using my right shoulder dipping as a fault to get more shallow previously. My low point control was terrible, way behind the ball even though i was coming into the ball fairly shallow. Also would cause me to hit some shots 45 degrees right with irons at times. It was the worst thing ever. 

EDIT: To clarify, the issue is the timing of when the right shoulder lowers. Its not supposed to happen immediately in transition. Trying to find a good example face on swing sequence image that has enough frames in it. In the below, on top image 5, the shoulders in the image are fairly level at around left arm parallel to the ground. My right shoulder used to be way under at that point. 

ben-hogan-sequence-1024x579.jpg

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think with our results together you and I should start "just 2 dudes giving lessons" on twitter. 

Rotation is only a piece of the puzzle. Setup, pressure points and sequencing all contribute to the ability to rotate. So focusing purely on rotation without diagnosing the cause of why you are gettin

As @RickyBobby_PR said, rotation is only part of the issue.  With a good setup and backswing, most problems occur with sequencing the transition. Sending you back to YouTube, take a look at the d

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Are you guys talking about the right (trail) shoulder dipping too much too early in the downswing?

Guilty here. Can lead me to some power hooks and wicked high push slices with driver and thin or fat shots with irons.

• Like 2

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.0 (Last Updated May 11, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

8 minutes ago, edingc said:

Guilty here. Can lead me to some power hooks and wicked high push slices with driver and thin or fat shots with irons.

Yeah, with driver, i used to hit snappers, but then learned to hold it off a little and then comes the push slices. I hate it. 

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

That was a big problem for me. Monte told me not to do anything else until i got that fixed. That one took a long time to get even close to fixing. I was using my right shoulder dipping as a fault to get more shallow previously. My low point control was terrible, way behind the ball even though i was coming into the ball fairly shallow. Also would cause me to hit some shots 45 degrees right with irons at times. It was the worst thing ever. 

EDIT: To clarify, the issue is the timing of when the right shoulder lowers. Its not supposed to happen immediately in transition. Trying to find a good example face on swing sequence image that has enough frames in it. In the below, on top image 5, the shoulders in the image are fairly level at around left arm parallel to the ground. My right shoulder used to be way under at that point. 

ben-hogan-sequence-1024x579.jpg

Hogan's swing is an all time classic. But remember he spent his entire life trying NOT to hit the ball left. If you just put the first bottom picture up you could say that his trail side is breaking down. However his front side is so open and moved in front of the ball, which gets his matchups correct. 

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Yeah, with driver, i used to hit snappers, but then learned to hold it off a little and then comes the push slices. I hate it. 

I've only been doing this for 20+ years....

• Like 1

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

This is one of my biggest faults as well. I get the club stuck a d every thing is fat and short

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB