PING Custom Iron Orders

mikeanthony

i210 and Glide 3 wedges.  2 weeks back in March.  But that was from the European Ping in England.  Maybe you can somehow order them from there...

I can't say that this is particular to PING or any other brand, but a few weeks ago, I was in my local golf shop (Golfdom, Tysons Corner, VA) and the PING rep was there and putting restocking the G425 fairway woods and drivers. I overheard him talking to one of the employees that the factory is having a hard time getting people to come back to work, post COVID. He didn't elaborate further, but in addition to ongoing shipping and material availability, it's no real shock that there are delays for many manufacturers. 

• Like 1

:cobra-small: RADSPEED Driver 9* HZRD BLUE SMOKE 6.0 shaft

:ping-small: G425 MAX 3 wood 

:srixon-small: 5 wood

:titelist-small: H1 Hybrid

I ordered some i210s with Alta CB shafts and it took 3 months...but it was WOOOOOORTH IT!

First time PING user, btw

Driver: :ping-small: G410 LST, HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

3/5 Wood: :callaway-small: Epic Flash, HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

4/5 Hybrid: :ping-small: G410, Alta CB Stiff/Stiff

Irons: :ping-small: i210s (6-UW), Alta CB Stiff

Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 3.0 (54, 58 EYE2), Ping Z-Z115

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot RX, V-Line Fang, Super Stroke 3.0

1 hour ago, DarthGator007 said:

I can't say that this is particular to PING or any other brand, but a few weeks ago, I was in my local golf shop (Golfdom, Tysons Corner, VA) and the PING rep was there and putting restocking the G425 fairway woods and drivers. I overheard him talking to one of the employees that the factory is having a hard time getting people to come back to work, post COVID. He didn't elaborate further, but in addition to ongoing shipping and material availability, it's no real shock that there are delays for many manufacturers. 

I work in the civil and environmental engineering field.  Contractors bidding on our plans have had this problem for the past year plus.  It's put every project we have under construction way behind schedule.  We have one roadway project that was scheduled to be completed in October 2020.  They haven't even reach 50% completion yet!

Apparently, a cargo ship with 3 million ping items sank recently and has caused a huge disruption. A friend waited 5 weeks for his G425 driver. Luckily, his wasn’t on the ship.  It could’ve been 5 more weeks or more. 

• Like 1

Equipment junkie 

3 hours ago, timyoon123 said:

Apparently, a cargo ship with 3 million ping items sank recently and has caused a huge disruption. A friend waited 5 weeks for his G425 driver. Luckily, his wasn’t on the ship.  It could’ve been 5 more weeks or more. 

The cargo ship accident did happen. 3 million parts is a HUGE exaggeration 😬

More like thousands.  

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 HZRDUS Red CB 6.0 

:titelist-small: TSiR2 10.0  Tensei Blue X ink 55g 

:titelist-small: TSR2 16.5 PX Evenflow 5.5 60 g 

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T200 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

44 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

More like thousands.  

Minor clarification lol! 

More importantly (well maybe not to those who are dealing with shipping delays...), have you gotten a sneak peak at the new Ping stuff yet??!! Or, if not, will you before it comes out? Can't wait to see the 525s and the i59s...

• Haha 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

10 hours ago, hartrick11 said:

Minor clarification lol! 

More importantly (well maybe not to those who are dealing with shipping delays...), have you gotten a sneak peak at the new Ping stuff yet??!! Or, if not, will you before it comes out? Can't wait to see the 525s and the i59s...

No more of a sneak peak than  everyone else has seen online of Hovland's bag.  We did have a PING Demo day this week and the Tech Rep knew what I knew and nothing more 😞

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 HZRDUS Red CB 6.0 

:titelist-small: TSiR2 10.0  Tensei Blue X ink 55g 

:titelist-small: TSR2 16.5 PX Evenflow 5.5 60 g 

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T200 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

On 5/2/2021 at 10:09 AM, sixcat said:

I ordered i210’s and Glide 3.0 wedges April 5th. Our local Ping rep told my head pro when the order was placed, it would be 8 weeks at least. 

Another member of my club had the head pro order a Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 on the same day I ordered my Ping’s. He was told 12 weeks. 

It’s not just Ping. Supply chains are a shambles since the pandemic. 

You can say that again...I ordered my Srixon irons on 3/20/21, and I received the 6-iron fairly quickly (2-weeks)...then I received the 7-PW (with the wrong grips...GolfPride is having issues too) just last week, 4/29/21.  I called to speak to them about the grips and ask about the 4-5 irons, and they said that the 4-5 irons should be in by mid-May, so I should get them sometime within the last 2 weeks of May.  As for the GolfPride grips...I ordered the G2 Tour Wrap in red...those are on backorder until mid-June.  Thankfully I ordered my irons with grips in the box, so I just took the Tour Velvet grips they sent with the 7-PW to my local golf shop and switched them out for the G2 in white, since they were out of red as well.

• Like 1
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Companies I've ordered from and associated quoted vs actual lead time

Srixon - Quoted 4 weeks...shipped in 4 weeks.

TaylorMade - Quoted 3-4 weeks...shipped in 4 weeks.

Ping - Quoted 6 weeks...G425 LST 3 Wood shipped in 7 weeks, wedges in 12 weeks. This was due to shafts, not heads or grips. 

Evnroll - Quoted 2 weeks...Shipped in 10 days. 

GE Refrigerator - Quoted 12 weeks...shipped in 16 weeks (not golf related but you get the point).

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

2 hours ago, Ron D said:

G425 irons and Glide 3 wedge with UST Recoil shafts took 5 weeks.

That works for me! Today is week 4 on the nose ... was quoted a delivery date between May 5th to the 15th when I placed the order. 

Hope you’re enjoying the new sticks! 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.251dbf28e16167e1ca40855a93ec5a2d.png  659 CB (5i-6i) 659 TC (7i-PW)

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

Maybe it's me or the age group am in or ????

but, if waiting an extra week or two or 5 for my G425's and the wife's 710's we are about to order is the worse that happens to us all year, life is good.

Retiring to AZ this fall

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

Today is the beginning of week six waiting for my i210's and Glide 3.0's.  Patience is a virtue.  I would rather wait for what I want to get here than purchase something else because I can get my hands on it faster.

• Like 1

We ordered a new dining table and we were told 12 weeks, 15 weeks and still waiting. Part for our stove on backorder with no ETA. What industries are impacted by a pandemic? All of them!

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

1 hour ago, Headhammer said:

We ordered a new dining table and we were told 12 weeks, 15 weeks and still waiting. Part for our stove on backorder with no ETA. What industries are impacted by a pandemic? All of them!

Yep. I work for a tech hardware manufacturer and we're seeing lead times on parts of nearly 30-40 weeks when a year ago we were talking 8-10, and that was a worst case scenario. It's hitting everyone, everywhere. 

• Like 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D7 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

On 5/3/2021 at 9:59 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

More like thousands.  

Off the coast of Hawaii I what the rep had told me. Hopefully it will all be recovered 

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Coincidentally enough I did a ping fitting over the weekend. I still have to test the callaway and titleist drivers before making a decision but I got an email yesterday saying I ordered the ping. Contacted the club pro to ask him what was going on as I wasn’t ready to make a final decision. He sends an email back saying I’ll have plenty of time to cancel if I go with another driver because of the long lead times. He didn’t throw out a time lines, but the rep said 6 weeks is typical depending on what’s in stock

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

I spoke with a Ping rep over the weekend and while he wouldn't come out and say it, he hinted that grips are one of the biggest delays in clubs right now. You might see a faster ship time if you just mention you'll take whatever grip is available in standard or midsize. 

Coincidentally, a manager at a local big box store said the word on the street is that Golf Pride will have little to no inventory by July. If you need grips and can find the ones you like, buy them now. As I left his store with about a half dozen golf pride grips in tow, I realized I was either the smartest guy in the world...or the biggest sucker. Regardless, I have 450 grips to go along with my 5,987 rolls of toilet paper. Thanks pandemic!

(Just kidding, I only have 9 rolls of toilet paper and I only bought 6 grips. I'm not a hoarder)

• Haha 3

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty