Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

DJ Resigns Membership

mikeanthony

Still a little surreal that DJ withdrew his membership from the Tour. 

I’m of an age when I remember CART (Championship Auto Racing Teams) was hugely popular in the 80s and 90s, and open-wheel racing was in a great spot … but then Tony George, owner of the Indy 500, created the IRL and completely splintered and eventually tanked the sport. 

I know this isn’t an apples to apples comparison, but I’m curious how this will all play out and how history will judge it. 

I’m the first to say I’m a Phil homer and absolutely love the dude, and yes, he made some seriously poor comments … but for DJ to know all along that he planned on joining LIV and to leave Phil to hang out to dry is f’d up. Sorry, I’m cut from a different cloth and that just rubs me the wrong way. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

Well the way DJ.s bene playing lately, I think it was the safe move for him and his career to move to LIV league, more money, less competition, less pressure, back to be the center of attention for a little while...

Schedule less crowded also it seems for now.

Hopefully that league will move the  PGA people in a different direction... The ban is a joke actually, most players are already at the end of their career, instead of trying to get them back, they ban them. No, the PGA can't compete money wise with that league but not all player did really make the move for the money, many of them were probably tired of the old guard at the pga