5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Glad you are around still @tony@CIC

Welcome back as well @Rickp

Certainly not easy things to contend with.  Still have friends and family without power down there. 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Had a great fitting call with Aki from Newton.  He had a great explanation of the shaft mechanics throughout the swing.  Can hardly wait to start the testing.   

Driver - Stix Compete
5W - :callaway-small: Big Bertha
7W - :ping-small: G5
5H - :callaway-small:Edge 
6H, 5-GW - :ping-small: G15
56 - Kirkland Signature 
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3

Morning all. Another duty day for me and not a great deal else planned. 
BluBear has his X Rays today to make sure his hip replacement has healed ok. If it has he will be back home with us at the weekend. 
Have a great day everyone

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

With the work we have going on it was my turn to pull night shift... 10/15 2pm to 10/16 7am. Its really amazing how a quiet work environment with no-one around really peaks the productiveness specially anything behind a desk.  The real struggle is going to be making it thru the company golf tournament/scramble that starts at 1030am today haha. Guess that's why they make coffee and laughter to keep you going! 

Wishing everyone a great day ahead!!!

DRIVER  CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65-R 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.c09940dc65e88df056ed8bc6fac5d992.png STEALTH 2 Plus 15* w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65-R 42" 15*

HYBRID CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Big Bertha 19 w/ UST Recoil DART 75-S 20*

IRONS MALTBY.jpg.db763764d25fcfd7c75f92dc47028a09.jpg TS3 Forged 4i-PW w/ True Temper Score LT 100-R

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115-W 48*/52*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg HB SOFT 8 w/ Center Shaft 3*

Check out my Tests...

A little reminder for all that leaked images of the new equipment are not allowed to be posted here on the Forum. If you see them please report them so we can remove them right away. 

Discuss them as much as you like and the details, but we respect the embargos of the OEMs and will remove and warn those who do post them. 

Also when official releases come out, myself or @Golfspy_CG2 will make an official thread for it and may merge some some of those threads when necessary. 

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

Good morning everyone! 

It's another cool morning here and I discovered today that I have a heated steering wheel in my car. I started my car about five minutes before leaving and when I got in I saw a notification that it was turned on, it was so nice to keep my hands warm this morning. 

@Northern Monkey that's good news on BluBear! I'm sure you'll be happy to have him home and I think he'll be happy to be back with y'all. I hope his tests come back normal. 

I hope y'all have a great day!

19 hours ago, Erin B said:

I really like the Newton staff. They seem to really care about their customers.

From what my friend said when he ordered his was, they were a pleasure to deal with. That is a crowning achievement in my book because even though he is a good guy sometimes he can be a PITA to deal with

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

18 hours ago, Rickp said:

Yea!! Finally got to log in!!

Happy Tuesday & Good Morning!  Played yesterday in a mud ball, CPO only and that was for sure.  Hit everything well except driver I was all over the GC with it and always furthest from cart path.  Took some pic of a guy a couple holes in front of us who didn’t heed the CPO warning.

IMG_6554.jpeg

IMG_6552.jpeg

Looks like a private cart too. And I see he was not playing golf but ball hawking. If he is a member, he should face at least a 30-day suspension if not he should face at least a 60-day ban from the course. I cannot stand people that think the rules do not pertain to them. Yeah staff had to take out time from a already busy day to pull him out plus additional damage to the course. Even though it is not my course things like that frankly chap my butt

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

16 hours ago, poprocksncoke said:

Mornin all, getting ready to head out to jury duty...........

Gonna be a long day 😪

I am at the age now (over 65) that I no longer have to do it county wise thankfully. I got called 3 times in 10 years county wise. I did Federal in Columbia SC in like 03. I got a questionnaire about 2 months ago from the Federal. I did state I was no longer able because of my injuries to travel by car for that. I did contact my lawyer, and he did send them a letter to the fact. Have not heard anything since.

One time was exciting and new 3 times was a bore. The last time county wise I was DQ because I had already served 2 times in the previous 10 years. The Clerk of Court apologized and said with this being a transient area and such that juries were hard to seat. She said they were considering doing away with the 65 year old limit. I told her good luck with that because that was State Law. Man that pissed her off

G

15 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Yeah I could knock 3-5 shots off most scores just by eliminating the three-jacks. And better chipping-pitching would help me do that. Right now my 150-yard club is a 7 wood, so that's where the additional yardage comes in. It would be nice if I could depend on an iron for that shot.

Yep, there have, and I've contributed to them. I'm hoping to get in a round tomorrow on a Davis Love III design about 60 miles south of Raleigh. From the tips it's a 7240-yard, slope 143 beast, but DL3 was good about providing more manageable tees for the rest of us. Gray tees are 5754, slope 120, and the red tees are 5009 yards, slope 111. I'll see how I feel when I get there. Might just play the reds to learn the course and take pressure off myself first time out.

There is an USGA chart somewhere that basis the tees you should play versus driver and 5 iron distance. This cropped up when I was hurt and my late Pro showed me the chart. Since I only hit a driver on average around 215 220 or so it showed I should play our green (super senior) tees. They are 5120 at Sea Level. Any further for me is not fun. Now there is a misconception that it is done by age and some leagues have adopted that. But I know folks in their 50s that have health problems and do not hit the ball as far as I do. Our league dropped the age requirement some 2 years ago. As usual some are grumbling about some of us being on the Green tees. I told them I could only hit it so far and true I have picked up some distance but not that much. We have some other stuff going on in the leagues and I do not know if I will play next year or not. I am starting to be healed up enough to hit my vintage stuff and am enjoying that and getting into that again. I would relish it being like @Hickory4ever and those guys playing vintage and Hickory in different organizations. We do have a couple of folks that play hickory on the Par3 but we are not organized nor want to be. We just show up and have fun

G

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Finally, things are returning to semi-normal after Milton. We are one of the lucky ones with very slight damage (a couple of soffit sections), But between Milton and Helene some people have lost everything. It is heartening to see the community come together to help everyone affected. We arrived back in Florida last Tuesday aft so we could do some additional prep before the hurricane.  Some observations:

Gasoline was nowhere to be found. I reported in an earlier post that we saw lines that stretched a good 1/2 mile plus at the stations with no guarantee there would be gas when you got there. We had a half tank when we go home but because we were shuttling between our house and a friend's in Bradenton (who had a whole house generator) by Sunday we were effectively down to 3 gals in the car. Fortunately, there was just as small back-up at the Costco on Sunday and they had 2 tankers on the side waiting to refill. Phew! Now I get nervous if the gauge is down to 3/4 of a tank. 

Earlier this year we had replaced a wall of 20 yr. old single pane windows in our Bedroom with Hurricane proof triple glazed windows ($$$$$). On the other side of the wall facing the same direction is another wall of single pane windows. The night the hurricane hit (110+ sustained winds and gusting to ??) we heard a slight murmur of wind in our bedroom and felt safe. walking into the living room it sounded like a freight train and we definitely didn't feel safe. We're swapping out those windows ASAP.   

We lost power last Wednesday night and didn't think too much of it since in the past it always came back on shortly. Wrong, our power came back on today at 2:50. That's almost a week without power! We need to think about alternative power, we don't have gas and live in a condo so a whole house generator is out as well as roof top solar. Maybe a solar powered generator? 

I do all of my work including our finances on a desktop and a few days before I had changed a bunch of passwords, including email. But of course, I didn't write them down so I couldn't use my wife's laptop. to pay bills, etc.  There's an easy solution and it got done. 

Have an escape/evac plan but don't play follow the leader. Again as reported in a post earlier, as we crossed the Florida line last Tuesday, it was a crawling bumper to bumper 4 lanes (we're allowed to use shoulder during evac) from the Florida line all the way to Tampa. That's roughly 250 miles. Where are they going to stay? Will they have enough gas to get there? We're fortunate to have snowbird friends all over Florida so we could make arrangements to use their place. As mentioned, we did go to our friends in Bradenton. But we also could have gone to Vero, or Pt. Charlotte, etc. Better yet, follow the lead from one of my wife's friends. She decided to take a 6-week cross-country trip to out west starting the beginning of October.

As good as the weather forecasting is - it's still somewhat general.  The Tampa TV stations announced that we only got about 6". Nope! I emptied my 7" rain gauge twice plus some. I figure we got about 18" in 24 hours. Milton was recategorized as Cat 5 to a Cat 3 when it reached landfall (110-129 mph). We were on the south side of Milton and got all of that if not more. The weatherman said we'd get wind but not much rain. 

It was crazy, we lost some food in the fridge, we were frustrated by the power company and lack of access to cell and internet, but we are alive and not injured.

There's probably much more I can ramble on about but won't boor you - it just feels good to be able to use a keyboard. 

It was bad enough for you guys but I am glad to see you are heading back slowly to normal life and that you are ok.

G

Up early catching up on the "happenings" here.

It is 52* here this morning and pleasant IMHO. Our local weather gurus are acting like we are getting an Artic Blast or something. Big Boy went outside and did puppy business in record time.

Did not play golf yesterday. Did what I call winter checks on both vehicles to get ready for "winter" here. Stuff like tire pressures and anti-freeze etc. did an extended mat session experimenting with wedge bounces. I have determined since my swing changes I have gotten steeper. I decided to go with more bounce on the wedges to experiment today. I pulled a Vokey with 14* bounce out of the stash and did extensive lie board experiments with it. Doing some measurements I went with my old 60* Ping Eye 2 LW. I have increased my bounce on the 56 from 10 to 14 and on the 60 to 10 from 4. I will see how it works in real life. I did not realize until I was thinking during supper that I had hit over 100 balls in the net. 

So I have the league spin off game today so I will see how it goes

G

Good morning!  

Plenty to get done on the work front and need to start working on a few projects. As for the golf front, have a benefit tournament tomorrow and playing a nice course. Looking forward to getting to hang out with a few folks I don't get to see that often. 

Have a great day! 

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

Good morning Spies!

@tony@CIC what an experience and very glad you are ok.

@Northern Monkey great news on Blubear!

A busy workday ahead, with a lesson baked in midday.   A new perspective for me from the head pro at my course.  I’m curious about which swing faults will show up today and what he will have to say.

Wishing you all great days!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 Max 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS1 (shafts:  :kbs: Tour 120S)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :cleveland-small: Frontline Elite 1.0
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042