Jump to content

What Have You Built Recently?


Recommended Posts

Calling all club builders!

Lets see some of those recent builds and clubs you have been working on. Reshafting, regripping, new ferrules and whatever else club related that you have been been building lets see it and share some of the fun builds that are going on in the MGS Forum Community!

More photos from me to follow as I just finished what may be one of my favorite clubs to date ... and it isnt even for me 😞

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just helped my brother extend and regrip his clubs yesterday. These CPX grips sure are nice! I put fresh grips on mine a month ago but I’m tempted to switch to theses. 

IMG_1163.jpeg

Driver - :cobra-small: LTDx LS 9° with UST Mamiya LIN-Q Gunmetal - X Stiff

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Rouge SZ 13.5° with Project X Evenflow - Stiff  

3H - :callaway-logo-1: Apex 20° with Mitsubishi Kuro Kage - Stiff

4H - :titleist-small: TSi2 23° with Project X Hzrdus Smoke - Stiff

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100 (+1", 3° Upright) - X Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-logo-1: 50° Jaws MD5, :callaway-logo-1: 54° Jaws MD5, :titleist-small: 58° Vokey SM8 

Putter - 🦓 Zebra Golf AIT 3 (Tester and Gamer), :taylormade-small: Ardmore TP 3

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star or :vice: Pro (depends on what I can get a deal on) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not necessarily a build, but more modifications to my Odyssey Big Seven armlock putter. Switched out the grip to a Garsen, blacked out the alignment/logos, and switched out the insert for a copper one! Only had the one before picture.IMG_0390.jpg.fd643e877692def66ebabd4d35b73a49.jpgIMG_0484.jpg.2150ac6fb8bb9ae794fd95e3e35db720.jpgIMG_0485.jpg.9b7205b813bbc6b14a0d58f7fff04c40.jpgIMG_0486.jpg.806ae47f659ff098f1955923ca560995.jpgIMG_0487.jpg.06db4c7a466f4952cd23de6baab4e020.jpg

 

Link to What's in My Bag Post

:mizuno-small: - ST-Z 220 Driver

:cobra-small: - LTDx 3 Wood

:callaway-small: - Mavrik 4 & 5 hybrids

:mizuno-small: - Pro 225 Irons

:titleist-small::vokey-small: - SM9 50, 54, 58 degree

 :cameron-small: - Teryllium Longneck Newport 2

:mizuno-small: - RB Tour X Ball

Link to BirdieBall 2-in-1 Putting/Hitting Mat 2023 Forum Review

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Nick_D said:

Not necessarily a build, but more modifications to my Odyssey Big Seven armlock putter. Switched out the grip to a Garsen, blacked out the alignment/logos, and switched out the insert for a copper one! Only had the one before picture.IMG_0390.jpg.fd643e877692def66ebabd4d35b73a49.jpgIMG_0484.jpg.2150ac6fb8bb9ae794fd95e3e35db720.jpgIMG_0485.jpg.9b7205b813bbc6b14a0d58f7fff04c40.jpgIMG_0486.jpg.806ae47f659ff098f1955923ca560995.jpgIMG_0487.jpg.06db4c7a466f4952cd23de6baab4e020.jpg

 

Nice! Glad to see I'm not the only one doing modifications to the strokelab putters! Altho mine is simply reshafting and building another new one with the leftover head.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Nice! Glad to see I'm not the only one doing modifications to the strokelab putters! Altho mine is simply reshafting and building another new one with the leftover head.

Switching out the insert was pretty easy and am way happier with how it feels. Shoutout to spryevo.com for the insert, Charles is a great guy and his inserts are $$$

Link to What's in My Bag Post

:mizuno-small: - ST-Z 220 Driver

:cobra-small: - LTDx 3 Wood

:callaway-small: - Mavrik 4 & 5 hybrids

:mizuno-small: - Pro 225 Irons

:titleist-small::vokey-small: - SM9 50, 54, 58 degree

 :cameron-small: - Teryllium Longneck Newport 2

:mizuno-small: - RB Tour X Ball

Link to BirdieBall 2-in-1 Putting/Hitting Mat 2023 Forum Review

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A set of Takomo 101, with Accra 90I V2 Tour.  The wedge heads are Cleveland CBX (used that I had), with Accra 100i Tour.  Golf Pride MCC +4.  All with BB&F ferrules

IMG_1209.jpg.ba3150fa4ca24877237df23d04539814.jpg  IMG_1211.jpg.a99a0b8d909a1b2502e10f847bb88093.jpg

Woods:  :callaway-small:  Rogue SZ 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S  

Irons: :Takomo: Takomo IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER1.2, 355g, :kbs: Tour GPS, 33" w/
image.png.709cedef1b6b981263b7fb0d3abefd71.png Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :nike-small: '20 Air Hybrid 2 / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great thread, I hp[e it takes off and has page after page of post.

 Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

 Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I said I was going to post it and will fully admit it is not the cleanest of builds, but as he is only 16 months old and just wanted him to have something fun to try and use it will do the trick. Plus it looks freaking cool. 

PXL_20230523_174059843.jpg

PXL_20230523_174028122.jpg

PXL_20230523_170445051.jpg

So I am experimenting with my own putter and I took a Cobra Vintage fanged putter and put my strokelab shaft in it. This meant I had the Strokelab 7 head just sitting there (cobra shaft did not have the right lie angle). So I took a hybrid shaft which was damaged in shipping. Cut it down and had to built up the hosel a bit to fit snug before epoxying together. Had a decent amount squeeze out, but as  it isnt a perfect fit I am going to leave it be (hence as I said not the cleanest look or build). However it will work for him and yes if he struggles I will make him a RH putter... for all those who are going to jump on me for that lol

Also put new ferrules on the P790s - Those photos incoming
Took the titleist adaptor off the Fuji shaft I was using and put the Ping on (first round was decent)
Regripping the P790 tomorrow

And more! Lots of projects going on. 

Oh and here is the Cobra Putter with Storkelab shaft

PXL_20230512_115731480.jpg

PXL_20230512_115837776.jpg

 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I said I was going to post it and will fully admit it is not the cleanest of builds, but as he is only 16 months old and just wanted him to have something fun to try and use it will do the trick. Plus it looks freaking cool. 

PXL_20230523_174059843.jpg

PXL_20230523_174028122.jpg

PXL_20230523_170445051.jpg

So I am experimenting with my own putter and I took a Cobra Vintage fanged putter and put my strokelab shaft in it. This meant I had the Strokelab 7 head just sitting there (cobra shaft did not have the right lie angle). So I took a hybrid shaft which was damaged in shipping. Cut it down and had to built up the hosel a bit to fit snug before epoxying together. Had a decent amount squeeze out, but as  it isnt a perfect fit I am going to leave it be (hence as I said not the cleanest look or build). However it will work for him and yes if he struggles I will make him a RH putter... for all those who are going to jump on me for that lol

Also put new ferrules on the P790s - Those photos incoming
Took the titleist adaptor off the Fuji shaft I was using and put the Ping on (first round was decent)
Regripping the P790 tomorrow

And more! Lots of projects going on. 

Oh and here is the Cobra Putter with Storkelab shaft

PXL_20230512_115731480.jpg

PXL_20230512_115837776.jpg

 

So cool! I always see toddlers with Drivers, love to see a putter in hand. I think it looks really good, almost has a welded neck look.... very boutique lol

Link to What's in My Bag Post

:mizuno-small: - ST-Z 220 Driver

:cobra-small: - LTDx 3 Wood

:callaway-small: - Mavrik 4 & 5 hybrids

:mizuno-small: - Pro 225 Irons

:titleist-small::vokey-small: - SM9 50, 54, 58 degree

 :cameron-small: - Teryllium Longneck Newport 2

:mizuno-small: - RB Tour X Ball

Link to BirdieBall 2-in-1 Putting/Hitting Mat 2023 Forum Review

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can see myself posting in here a bit 🙂

Latest build, actually for me, Mizuno JPX 923 Tour irons and Vokey SM9 wedges. Mitsubishi MMT 105 stiff shafts (1 inch long), BB&F Co ferrules. Feel as good as they look!

IMG_1894.jpeg

IMG_1893.jpeg

IMG_1892.jpeg

Driver:titleist-small: TSR2 9º with TPT Nitro 17 Hi

Fairway #1: :titleist-small: TSR2 15º with TPT Power 17 Hi

Fairway #2: :titleist-small: TSR2 21º with TPT Power 17 Hi

Utility: :titleist-small: T200 Utility Build 3i (20º) with TPT Power 14 Hi

Irons: :titleist-small: T100 (4-PW) with Mitsubishi MMT 125 Stiff

Irons (Special Occasions)::Miura: MC-502 (4-PW) with Mitsubishi MMT 125 Stiff

Wedges:vokey-small: SM9 Jet Black (50.08 F, 56.08 M, 60.08 M, 60.04 T) with Mitsubishi MMT 125 Stiff

Putter:EVNROLL: EV2 (Black) & EV5.1 (Black)

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1X

Other: :Arccos: Gen 3+ Smart Sensors (Smoke)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Torden Golf said:

I can see myself posting in here a bit 🙂

Latest build, actually for me, Mizuno JPX 923 Tour irons and Vokey SM9 wedges. Mitsubishi MMT 105 stiff shafts (1 inch long), BB&F Co ferrules. Feel as good as they look!

IMG_1894.jpeg

IMG_1893.jpeg

IMG_1892.jpeg

Nice build! Glad you posted here and looking forward to more of your builds and posts in the future!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Torden Golf said:

I can see myself posting in here a bit 🙂

Latest build, actually for me, Mizuno JPX 923 Tour irons and Vokey SM9 wedges. Mitsubishi MMT 105 stiff shafts (1 inch long), BB&F Co ferrules. Feel as good as they look!

IMG_1894.jpeg

IMG_1893.jpeg

IMG_1892.jpeg

Love the ferrules!

Link to What's in My Bag Post

:mizuno-small: - ST-Z 220 Driver

:cobra-small: - LTDx 3 Wood

:callaway-small: - Mavrik 4 & 5 hybrids

:mizuno-small: - Pro 225 Irons

:titleist-small::vokey-small: - SM9 50, 54, 58 degree

 :cameron-small: - Teryllium Longneck Newport 2

:mizuno-small: - RB Tour X Ball

Link to BirdieBall 2-in-1 Putting/Hitting Mat 2023 Forum Review

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Started building clubs using Golfsmith by attending their week long club building course at the Golfsmith headquarters in Texas.  Nothing but golf building techniques and know how , 8 hours a day for a week.  It was very informative and fantastic.  Then built clubs using Tom Wishon’s clubs until he sold his business.  Continue to do my own grips and periodically reshaft clubs.  Recently added shaft extensions for a set of irons for my very tall grandson.

 

 

18A751BA-9D76-4A69-8E0F-398EE94B7054.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recently flipped my old driver for a stand bag, this Ping Anser 3 and cash. The putter was quite oxidized so I used Flitz metal polish and brought the Bronze back to damn near new. Also did a custom paint fill (USA) and repainted the sight line as well. Came out great. Slapped a new Ping man grip on it and now GTG. Plays at 35 1/2" and is like swinging Thors hammer. I did not weigh the head before reshafting, but I would have to guess it's at least 350g to possibly 365g. The ball really pops off the face well. Love it. 

Ping1.jpg

Ping2.jpg

Ping3.jpg

Ping4.jpg

Ping5.jpg

Edited by JRDuck40

D-  Titleist  TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

3w - Titleist TSR2 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB - Titleist TSi 18* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

DI - Mizuno FliHi 3i w/ UST Mamiya ESX Hybrid Stiff 60g

Irons - 4-PW Takomo 101T w/ KBS Tour Stiff 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 54/10 60/10 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2023 at 10:23 AM, dbdors said:

A set of Takomo 101, with Accra 90I V2 Tour.  The wedge heads are Cleveland CBX (used that I had), with Accra 100i Tour.  Golf Pride MCC +4.  All with BB&F ferrules

IMG_1209.jpg.ba3150fa4ca24877237df23d04539814.jpg  IMG_1211.jpg.a99a0b8d909a1b2502e10f847bb88093.jpg

I have been looking into their 101T or 201 set. How are they? 

D-  Titleist  TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

3w - Titleist TSR2 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB - Titleist TSi 18* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

DI - Mizuno FliHi 3i w/ UST Mamiya ESX Hybrid Stiff 60g

Irons - 4-PW Takomo 101T w/ KBS Tour Stiff 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 54/10 60/10 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JRDuck40 said:

Recently flipped my old driver for a stand bag, this Ping Anser 3 and cash. The putter was quite oxidized so I used Flitz metal polish and brought the Bronze back to damn near new. Also did a custom paint fill (USA) and repainted the sight line as well. Came out great. Slapped a new Ping man grip on it and now GTG. Plays at 35 1/2" and is like swinging Thors hammer. I did not weight the head before reshafting, but I would have to guess it's at least 350g to possibly 365g. The ball really pops off the face well. Love it. 

Ping1.jpg

Ping2.jpg

Ping3.jpg

Ping4.jpg

Ping5.jpg

Looks really good! There's nothing like a putter with a smooth or really light milling on the face

Link to What's in My Bag Post

:mizuno-small: - ST-Z 220 Driver

:cobra-small: - LTDx 3 Wood

:callaway-small: - Mavrik 4 & 5 hybrids

:mizuno-small: - Pro 225 Irons

:titleist-small::vokey-small: - SM9 50, 54, 58 degree

 :cameron-small: - Teryllium Longneck Newport 2

:mizuno-small: - RB Tour X Ball

Link to BirdieBall 2-in-1 Putting/Hitting Mat 2023 Forum Review

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Torden Golf -- I'm pretty impressed with how nice the ferrules look on your set.  I make clubs and struggle to finsih the ferrules, so much so, that I leave them unfinished much of the time.  I use a 32" in belt sander with a linen belt but is takes the ferrule down way too fast, so I just leave them unturned.  A 42" inch belt sander is said to be better for this job but is hard to find, except for Maltby Golf Works, and even then they are expensive as heck for a hobbiest.  Oh well, I just wanted to say how impressed I was with your job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Nick_D said:

Looks really good! There's nothing like a putter with a smooth or really light milling on the face

It's not going to replace my GoLo S anytime soon haha. But, it's a fun club to mess around with on my putting matt.  I actually have it up for sale RN. 

D-  Titleist  TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

3w - Titleist TSR2 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB - Titleist TSi 18* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

DI - Mizuno FliHi 3i w/ UST Mamiya ESX Hybrid Stiff 60g

Irons - 4-PW Takomo 101T w/ KBS Tour Stiff 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 54/10 60/10 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, wanabe said:

Torden Golf -- I'm pretty impressed with how nice the ferrules look on your set.  I make clubs and struggle to finsih the ferrules, so much so, that I leave them unfinished much of the time.  I use a 32" in belt sander with a linen belt but is takes the ferrule down way too fast, so I just leave them unturned.  A 42" inch belt sander is said to be better for this job but is hard to find, except for Maltby Golf Works, and even then they are expensive as heck for a hobbiest.  Oh well, I just wanted to say how impressed I was with your job.

Thanks very much or the compliment, much appreciated. I do have a 42 inch belt machine, and I guess that just does make it go that bit slower. I also have used the white linen belts and they turn the ferrule down very fast. And also found that little frayed bits form and actually leave a “strike” on the ferrule as well.

I actually use a firm linen belt, just purchased from GolfWorks, and for me I find that to work best. Then a bit of acetone to make them shine.

So if you had the white linen belt I would definitely recommend trying the firm one: https://www.golfworks.com/durabrite-felt-ferrule-turning-belt/p/gm1083/

Driver:titleist-small: TSR2 9º with TPT Nitro 17 Hi

Fairway #1: :titleist-small: TSR2 15º with TPT Power 17 Hi

Fairway #2: :titleist-small: TSR2 21º with TPT Power 17 Hi

Utility: :titleist-small: T200 Utility Build 3i (20º) with TPT Power 14 Hi

Irons: :titleist-small: T100 (4-PW) with Mitsubishi MMT 125 Stiff

Irons (Special Occasions)::Miura: MC-502 (4-PW) with Mitsubishi MMT 125 Stiff

Wedges:vokey-small: SM9 Jet Black (50.08 F, 56.08 M, 60.08 M, 60.04 T) with Mitsubishi MMT 125 Stiff

Putter:EVNROLL: EV2 (Black) & EV5.1 (Black)

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1X

Other: :Arccos: Gen 3+ Smart Sensors (Smoke)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2023 at 8:15 AM, JRDuck40 said:

I have been looking into their 101T or 201 set. How are they? 

They have been great so far.  I was playing TM M6 that I was fitted for, but these things beautiful.  Very simple look.  Just as forgiving and I feel like Im getting a bit more distance, but just getting started with them.  I am not gaming the 4i.  I hit it too low.  Sticking with the 4H.

Woods:  :callaway-small:  Rogue SZ 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S  

Irons: :Takomo: Takomo IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER1.2, 355g, :kbs: Tour GPS, 33" w/
image.png.709cedef1b6b981263b7fb0d3abefd71.png Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :nike-small: '20 Air Hybrid 2 / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just took an inch off my driver shaft, took my old driver shaft and had if cut down for my 5wood and took my old 5wood shaft and had it cut down for my 9wood. Just took my clubs in yesterday to get this work done. My hope is to stiffen up these shafts and have more club head control. 
 

let me know your thoughts???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Shawn Ripley said:

Just took an inch off my driver shaft, took my old driver shaft and had if cut down for my 5wood and took my old 5wood shaft and had it cut down for my 9wood. Just took my clubs in yesterday to get this work done. My hope is to stiffen up these shafts and have more club head control. 
 

let me know your thoughts???

Swing weight will be impacted as well. 

Drivers : Ping G425 10.5° Max Diamana black s60 X-Stiff and TaylorMade SIM 2 9° Tensei Blue AV Series 60 X-Stiff.

Woods : 3 and 7 wood Ping G425 Max Tensei Orange Stiff

Hybrid : Ping G425 22° Stiff.

Irons : Mizuno Pro 243 NS PRO 850GH NEO Stiff.

Wedges : 52 12M Vokey TM8 and 56 10S Vokey TM8

Tech Mevo+, Garmin S62 Watch and Nikon Coolshot Pro II Stabilized.

Home course : The Els Club, Dubai. Blue (6,829 yards) Black (7,538 yards)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Shawn Ripley said:

Just took an inch off my driver shaft, took my old driver shaft and had if cut down for my 5wood and took my old 5wood shaft and had it cut down for my 9wood. Just took my clubs in yesterday to get this work done. My hope is to stiffen up these shafts and have more club head control. 
 

let me know your thoughts???

Hope it all works! I'm sure they will feel different and allow you to get the results you want. 

Probably have some effects for swing weight - driver for sure. However if it helps you find the middle more then perfect!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got all the clubs I needed to regrip done. 

PXL_20230527_103624811.jpg

PXL_20230527_103544251.jpg

PXL_20230527_103533389.jpg

PXL_20230527_103526562.jpg

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Hope it all works! I'm sure they will feel different and allow you to get the results you want. 

Probably have some effects for swing weight - driver for sure. However if it helps you find the middle more then perfect!

I thought about that too, I’m nervous about how it’s going to affect the balance and swing weight. 
I’ll report my findings for anyone doing something similar in the future 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2023 at 8:33 AM, Shawn Ripley said:

Just took an inch off my driver shaft, took my old driver shaft and had if cut down for my 5wood and took my old 5wood shaft and had it cut down for my 9wood. Just took my clubs in yesterday to get this work done. My hope is to stiffen up these shafts and have more club head control. 
 

let me know your thoughts???

Swing weight was not compromised like I thought. The clubs work great! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been working on minor improvements in my mobile regripping station.   I was inspired by AJ on his Mobile Clubmaker YouTube channel on making an easy club regripping station.  Here in Key West, we do not have basements or a lot of extra space for a club making workshop.  I needed something portable that could be easily stored away when I wasn't using it and somewhat simple.  So I took AJ's initial concept and ran with it.  

GripStation.jpg.5f2873232233d6f5d724abcaee8f667a.jpg

It's a simple design.  It's a 2x6 with a 2x2 screwed in at the end where the catch tray bracket is attached.  AJ's initial design had a board at the end that you put against the wall when regripping.  My change was 2x2 edge catches against the countertop and prevents the station from moving when sliding on the new grip.  The edge catch seemed a little more stable and could be used in more situations.  Just beyond the clamping device is a moving bracket (for different club lengths) that supports the club head and helps align the club face straight up and down.  I have two latches connecting the slide to the base 2x6 to lock everything for easy storage.

GripStationLocked.jpg.f501a94cf88308802ba7d357e4dce962.jpg

When I ready to regrip my clubs, I catch the 2x2 on the edge, level (side by side) the 2x6 on the shelf with shims and lock it in place with to clamps.  I add the catch tray (and the solvent recapture bottle not shown), slide the bracket to the correct position for the club I'm working on and clamp the club in the vise.  In about two minutes I'm ready to go.

Lately I've stained the wood to make it look nicer and waxed the 2x6 to aid in easily moving the slide.  I also added a leveling laser.  

GripStationwithironlaserfromside.jpg.2479af33e981ec3c36c2577c3a515f3d.jpg

The laser has a magnetic base and will sit on the vise.  I shine the vertical laser line on the white slide background to help me align the club face so it's sitting at 12:00.   I usually use the laser when I'm regripping putters to help insure I have the grip's flat section as perpendicular to the face as I can get it before making minor changes after releasing the club from the vise.

When I'm done, I break everything down and I have two brackets set up over my shed window where the main 2x6 station resides.  For a simple design, it works pretty well for me when I regrip clubs for me and my friends.

 

 

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie
 
2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

I've been working on minor improvements in my mobile regripping station.   I was inspired by AJ on his Mobile Clubmaker YouTube channel on making an easy club regripping station.  Here in Key West, we do not have basements or a lot of extra space for a club making workshop.  I needed something portable that could be easily stored away when I wasn't using it and somewhat simple.  So I took AJ's initial concept and ran with it.  

GripStation.jpg.5f2873232233d6f5d724abcaee8f667a.jpg

It's a simple design.  It's a 2x6 with a 2x2 screwed in at the end where the catch tray bracket is attached.  AJ's initial design had a board at the end that you put against the wall when regripping.  My change was 2x2 edge catches against the countertop and prevents the station from moving when sliding on the new grip.  The edge catch seemed a little more stable and could be used in more situations.  Just beyond the clamping device is a moving bracket (for different club lengths) that supports the club head and helps align the club face straight up and down.  I have two latches connecting the slide to the base 2x6 to lock everything for easy storage.

GripStationLocked.jpg.f501a94cf88308802ba7d357e4dce962.jpg

When I ready to regrip my clubs, I catch the 2x2 on the edge, level (side by side) the 2x6 on the shelf with shims and lock it in place with to clamps.  I add the catch tray (and the solvent recapture bottle not shown), slide the bracket to the correct position for the club I'm working on and clamp the club in the vise.  In about two minutes I'm ready to go.

Lately I've stained the wood to make it look nicer and waxed the 2x6 to aid in easily moving the slide.  I also added a leveling laser.  

GripStationwithironlaserfromside.jpg.2479af33e981ec3c36c2577c3a515f3d.jpg

The laser has a magnetic base and will sit on the vise.  I shine the vertical laser line on the white slide background to help me align the club face so it's sitting at 12:00.   I usually use the laser when I'm regripping putters to help insure I have the grip's flat section as perpendicular to the face as I can get it before making minor changes after releasing the club from the vise.

When I'm done, I break everything down and I have two brackets set up over my shed window where the main 2x6 station resides.  For a simple design, it works pretty well for me when I regrip clubs for me and my friends.

 

 

Very nice, love the laser, I may have to add one to my setup.  I have a extra laser or two laying around.  

Woods:  :callaway-small:  Rogue SZ 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S  

Irons: :Takomo: Takomo IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER1.2, 355g, :kbs: Tour GPS, 33" w/
image.png.709cedef1b6b981263b7fb0d3abefd71.png Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :nike-small: '20 Air Hybrid 2 / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I love this thread!

I wouldnt call myself a "club maker" mostly because I have never done so before, but I am interested in starting up.  I found an old set of Cobra irons at Goodwill that were the same kind of irons I learned how to golf with.  They arent valuable at all but sentimental and I would love to clean them up and have them be a set my kids can learn to play with.

Has anyone done any sort of club refurbishing?  Or any tips of setting up clubs for 8-12 years from an adult set?  Thanks in advance.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 8* TENSEI 1K Black 75

3W -Titleist TSR2 15* TENSEI 1K Black 75

3H - Tour Edge 21* 3H Tour AD DH-95x

Irons - 4-PW Cobra LTDx Nippon Tour 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Cobra KING

Putter - Toulon Palm Springs

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did this for my kids a few months back. For refurb on the irons, give them a good scrub and then grab metal polish and give them a good rub down. As for cutting them down to length, a pipe cutter will work nicely (assuming you are working with steel shafts). Make sure to buy JR sized grips!

For the cut down, I would give them a little room to grow, otherwise you will be throwing new shafts on the heads every other year. 

image.png.7089b26a353e8d4335e5a90f849083b3.png

Items you will need, 

Grips (again JR size), Grip Tape, mineral spirits OR lighter fluid, Pipe cutter, vise, club grip for vise (if you don't have one or can't find one a rubber glove will suffice). 

Have fun!

D-  Titleist  TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

3w - Titleist TSR2 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB - Titleist TSi 18* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

DI - Mizuno FliHi 3i w/ UST Mamiya ESX Hybrid Stiff 60g

Irons - 4-PW Takomo 101T w/ KBS Tour Stiff 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 54/10 60/10 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...