Newton Driver Golf Shaft Review (2024)

GolfSpy_APH

22 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

How was your launch? I just played yesterday with my gamer and it seemed really high when I did strike it well. I have thought of trying the newton but worry I’ll launch it too high. Hearing the stories of it helping tempo is tempting as my driver I seem to have the worst time with trying to overdo it. 

I didn't notice any shots that were out of my normal envelope. I am a high ball hitter even delofted to 7.5 or 8 degrees. I would say it was about average or even slightly lower for me. I honestly didn't feel that this was different bend profile at all. It just felt really solid. I left the driver at the pro shop for a women's long drive competitor and a couple of the pros to hit. I got a call from one of them asking where I got it. He was really impressed. He said he was "railing on it" and could only hit it straight. 

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

Well , today was a good day for the Newton Callaway Epic Speed. Did not miss a fairway where i hit the driver. 2 par 5's missed with mid irons. Two others hit. Shot a solid round. 

Hit the driver really solid all day. This newton motion is the real deal. Longer and straight. 

Callaway Epic Speed 9*

Callaway Rouge ST Pro

Oddessy Rossie OG

21 hours ago, RedTop said:

Well , today was a good day for the Newton Callaway Epic Speed. Did not miss a fairway where i hit the driver. 2 par 5's missed with mid irons. Two others hit. Shot a solid round. 

Hit the driver really solid all day. This newton motion is the real deal. Longer and straight. 

I just shipped the Newton back for the 4 dot. I hope to get it dialed in and gain some distance.

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

4 hours ago, Mike10487 said:

I just shipped the Newton back for the 4 dot. I hope to get it dialed in and gain some distance.

I can't tell you how much I like my 4 dot. I was really thinking about the 5 dot but didn't pull the trigger on it. Thinking I'll get more longevity out of this 4 dot. I'm really hitting it well. I dropped my Epic Speed from 9 degrees to 8. Lowered the flight to dang near perfect for me. And if I want to launch one down wind I can still fly it higher if I want. 2 par 5's that I was hitting 3 and 4 hybrids at most days , I've hit 5 irons thru 7 irons to this week. It does take some getting used to. But it's really good when you're swinging decent.

Callaway Epic Speed 9*

Callaway Rouge ST Pro

Oddessy Rossie OG

4 minutes ago, RedTop said:

I can't tell you how much I like my 4 dot. I was really thinking about the 5 dot but didn't pull the trigger on it. Thinking I'll get more longevity out of this 4 dot. I'm really hitting it well. I dropped my Epic Speed from 9 degrees to 8. Lowered the flight to dang near perfect for me. And if I want to launch one down wind I can still fly it higher if I want. 2 par 5's that I was hitting 3 and 4 hybrids at most days , I've hit 5 irons thru 7 irons to this week. It does take some getting used to. But it's really good when you're swinging decent.

Awesome!  Glad to hear it's working well for you!  Still gaming both of mine and most likely getting the new GT at some point and will throw the other 5 dot in it. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I got this shaft a few months ago, and absolutely love it. It plays better than my old shaft (Fujikura), and looks way better. The biggest thing for me about the shaft is that it flies higher and straighter than my old one. The 5 yards of extra distance is a bonus 🙂

WITB
Driver: Callaway Rogue ST D 
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue St D
Hybrid: Taylormade SIM2 Max
4-iron: Taylormade P790

5-PW: Taylormade P7MC

52*, 56*, and 60*: Titleist Vokey SM10 Nickel
Putter: Sacks Parente Custom Series 54 Mid-Sized White 1 Stripe - Center

Still have my 5 dot hanging out, but with Callaway adapter. Don't want to mess around too much with the new GT2, but after the season (competitive) wraps up I'll be having some fun trying a few different combinations.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

The 4-dot arrived last night at 8pm. I threw it in my Aerojet and teed off this morning before 7. I set the head at standard 9.0 last night not thinking about anything but getting it installed. I normally play it in the -1.5 /draw setting. As I kind of expected, I never hit the center of the face with it. I ended up hitting 36% of my fairways. Granted 3 of those misses were by a foot or two and in the first cut.  First impression of the 4-dot---- Extremely stable. I hit 2 real stinkers (my fault), but other than that this shaft was crazy good. In the middle of the round, I started trying to HIT it instead of swing it. I believe this was my issue. I had the worst putting round in probably 5 years or more which didn't help my mental state. The company was outstanding, and no one got hurt! I'll try to get to the range next week to dial it in. Leaving for Myrtle Beach on the 8th. I hope to have it figured out by then!

Edited by Mike10487

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

Made it to the range yesterday with the 4-dot.  92 degrees with around 139% humidity! It was crazy sticky. Trackman was set up and I believe it made it 6 swings before it over heated and shut down. My buddy over heated shortly thereafter. Made it through 20 or so swings, the last 10 were solid center strikes and ran for the A/C. No numbers were collected, but I feel a little more confident in the Newton. More to come. 

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

I have been considering the Newton (4 Dot) shaft for several months, since seeing it show up on social media. Super excited about this post and the reviews so far and just happened to have pulled the trigger on one a couple of days ago before seeing this post. Figured what the heck I will give it a whirl. Driver has been a recent nemesis of mine and just recently have made some good gains on getting back to where I was a little over a year ago. Currently hitting the TSR2 with VA Vylyn 65 stiff shaft. Averaging about 230-240 yards of carry with a swing speed between 97-101. getting ball speeds around 142-146. Lately the miss has been to the right mostly due to club face being open and getting steep. Been getting that part worked out (Baby steps). Last weekend was much better with ball flight and only missed my target line twice. Since I am getting older and swing speeds have come down a little bit I am interested to see if I may find a little more consistent ball flight and will never hate getting a few extra yards. 

I was wondering though if 4 Dot was the right choice vrs the 5 Dot. 

49 minutes ago, GMoney1970 said:

I was wondering though if 4 Dot was the right choice vrs the 5 Dot. 

I would say it's probably the one I would start off with at your SS.  Angelo and CS are great over there and if it's not the right fit will help out. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter