Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

When Do You Normally Golf? (Times/Days)

GolfSpy_APH

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Once it gets above 105* I pity those playing early as the day is getting to its hottest as they are finishing. I much rather start when it is hottest and the last several holes it is calling off as the sun sets. Down here south of Phoenix in Laveen, the golf courses are never crowded, especially at 110* and above. I join the Raven because it is completely tree lined and provides much needed shade June-September. And it can be busy but never crowded.

... $299 to play The Raven right now 🤑 but drops to $39 in summer 😎 after 3pm with an Arcis card that cost $89 a month. 

Not sure how long you have lived in AZ. I have been here since 2001. Early on I played Verrado all summer for $200 total, including cart. I would leave work downtown and be on the course at 1500. There was no one out there. I stopped when they raised the price to $650. They want over 200 for a single round now in the winter, like every other price gouging course in Phoenix. 

You are right about 110. That seems to be the magic number to clear the course. We still have a ton of people that play 9 holes starting at 1500, the cheapest rate time, no matter what.

In the summer we play at 0600 and it isn't that hot when we finish. Fun times.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

Typically I will play Friday, Saturday, or Sunday no later than 12pm. Usually the earlier tee time for me the better it is to balance the rest of my day around family.

Stealth 2 Driver, RBZ Stage 2 3W, M2 5W, Burner 3 Hybrid, Titleist 695BC irons, Volkey Wedges(52,56,60), TP Del Monte Putter

Normal playing time for my game is during our Senior Men's League, better known at the Charleston Municipal Golf Course(The Muni) as the Rascals would be Monday, Wednesday, Friday.  Our first tee time is 8am and last is 853am.  We have 32 members that usually play with a waitlist.  We call in seven days before to sign on the GHIN system at 4pm and it is first come first served.  Normally fills up rather quickly.  Also play on the Muni's Interclub team   The City of Charleston Interclub League has eleven clubs that participate we normally play around 9am at each club's home course.  Ten members from each team gets to play in a modified stapleford points match.  Only eight members scores are counted towards the final outcome.  These are two scheduled events that I play in.  I play other courses in the area and use my PGAHope Card which offers deep discounts to veterans who have completed their program.  We can play the Ocean Course, as an example, for $70.  We really appreciate the support of the courses in the area around the state who support the veterans.  If you are a veteran, please check on the PGAHOPE program in your area.  You dod have to attend a class for 6-8 weeks to earn the card.  The discount is great but the other veterans you meet and assistance you receive from local PGA pros in the area are invaluable.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

Last year I had a bunch of vacation time to bleed off so I played every Monday morning from about mid September to mid November. We typically tee off closer to 8. I can still get back to emails if I need to in the afternoon. I'll go ahead and say that I really don't love weekend golf. I'm spoiled to have a flexible schedule in my position.

Cheers

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

11 hours ago, Brian Dube said:

I prefer Mondays and Wednesdays. Course near me has cheaper rates those days so im able to play more often. 

@Brian Dube, hey there. Just wanted to welcome you to the forum group. Hope you have an enjoyable experience.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

I generally try to get out on Mon, Wed and Fri's early afternoons around 1PM. Seems to be a lull between morning folks and folks getting off early afternoon. Our Tue men's league starts at 8:30AM. It is rare that I go out on weekends. Too crowded for my taste.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Very interesting topic.  I work full time including on the weekends.  I have no choice but to play in the afternoon/evening so I loath the end of daylight savings time each year - it kills my ability to play and practice.  I'm generally off on Fridays so I like to play Friday early afternoon if I'm going to play 18.  I also enjoy walking 9 Sunday afternoon after church.  In the summer months I play in a Tuesday evening league - again walking 9.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Retirement is vastly underrated.  Allows me to play any time on any day.  I prefer a noon time tee time as that allows the staff to finish the major daily maintenance procedures prior to my play. Also, while mornings are beautiful, dew on the course makes conditions vary greatly from start to finish.  Evening golf is a great time to slow down and just enjoy the beauty of the course, the sunset, and the patio for cocktails.

I acquire tee times for the week at our club and text the times out to a large group.  There are several everydayers including my self. The rest of the players come as they can.  We usually have 2 to 4 foursomes.

New record number of days played last year for myself.  250 days which isn't too bad for living in central Missouri

I try to play only during the week, less people and a faster round.  I enjoy starting around 9 am, lets me get some work done, and still have the afternoon with my wife.  I get at least one round a week in but try for 2.  If the wife if out of town, all bets are off, and I have gotten in 7 rounds in 4 days.  Life is good. 

JPX 923 Forged, Stiff Flex 2 Deg toe up

Ping Driver G-430 max

Ping G 430 3 wood, and hybrid

Right Handed

Portland Or

Handicap 9.3

As a high schooler in a cold climate, I get around 40 rounds a year in. My favourite tee time is 9 AM in the summer though. The dew is still on the grass. Stop for lunch in the clubhouse after. Absolutely ideal.

Driver: Sim Max (XS shaft)

Irons: P790 (XS shaft)

Wedges: Kirkland Signature

Putter: Spider GT splitback 

My wife and I play after work during the week, usually 9 holes around 6pm. I play every Thursday evening for men's night competitions from May to September. We typically like to play morning rounds on the weekends, 18 holes. 

Nicholas Gavel ,12 HCP, Nova Scotia, Canada 

I'd love to be an all the time golfer but with work its a sad challenge we all face. I'm more of a sunrise/Saturday golfer. An early morning walk out on the course always sets up a good day!

Titleist driver, Sim 3 wood, Srixon hybrid, mizuno irons and a 3 ball putter - I’ll play anything 

Wednesday Mornings, with my usual wednesday comp group, Thursday morning with my daughter depending if she is working or not (Ladues comp day) saturday morning with my saturday comp group and sunday usually mornings, depending on the comps that are on in that particular day.  Some weeks on Tuesday morning with the local Veterans Comp during their annual 7 month comp depending on if the weather is goid for heading out to the reef fishing.

Really Sucks to be Retired, sorry guys…but don’t wish your life away!!

Good morning all, golfing  well first off the snow needs to melt  but just 300 km south of me they had 160 out late last week so feeling it getting close . I have a group that plays once a week  we have breakfast and pick partners out of a hat . Then off to the course which varies week to week . 10 am to 12 :00 is the norm depending on when they can fit in 20 plus players  

Righty,  casual golfer 

retired, so I can golf any day of the week.  I presently am on two leagues (Monday and Thursday) but was thinking about adding a Saturday round this summer.  As for the time:  these old bones need to loosen up in the morning so 10:00AM is perfect, tee times when I have to set an alarm usually turn out bad.

Mountain golfer

My Tuesday group plays between 9-9:30. We usually have 24 players.

Thursday group plays 11:30-12:30 and is about 16-20 golfers. 

Then on Saturday we play at 8:00-8:30 and is just 8.

It is nice playing with different groups there is some overlap but usually play with different players.

Oh, the retired life is so grand.

Driver Mavrik Subzero set to 9.5. 
Rougue 4 wood 16.5

Titleist 818 hybrid 21

Callaway Apex pro black dot 4 through P

Callaway Jaws 50/10,, MD 4 56/10, and Titlest SM 6 60/12

SC Futura 5.5

22 hours ago, Duzty said:

As a high schooler in a cold climate, I get around 40 rounds a year in. My favourite tee time is 9 AM in the summer though. The dew is still on the grass. Stop for lunch in the clubhouse after. Absolutely ideal.

@Duzty as an old fart in a not quite as cold climate as you are; a Big Welcome to the forums. Glad you are able to poke around on this forum vs some of those other less than desirable brain melting social sites. I digress, seriously glad you have joined and hope you have a chance to participate more in the future. Younger golfer input is very much appreciated.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Summer, I like to play in one of the first 3 groups   (to slow and to hot)

Spring, before 8:30 (the casual rounds start at 9 and take 5hr plus))

Fall, at about 10 (warmer but not rushing to finish before dark)

Winter, when the temp gets over 45*

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized