Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

I have the Garmin R10 running on E6 software. I wish that it came compatible with GSPro and I wish it wasn’t so sensitive towards metal objects down sight. Currently use it in my garage and I have to basically completely reconfigure my garbage so it doesn’t pick up the slightest bit of metal. I always wished it had some sort of putting. 

My username explains everything. 
ChromeSoftwareX

I spent (about 18 months ago) a long time researching this as thought that a good unit would help my game / work alongside my coach’s TrackMan. However, was working to a budget, and limited space in UK houses (compared to my time in US) means no indoor simulator option so needed the following 1) key data, 2) portable & rechargable, 3) reliable and 4) work within a £2k (about $3k US side) budget… 

I looked at Mevo, Mevo Plus, Garmin R10, variety of phone based apps (quickly discounted) and some 2nd hand TrackMan units but again the ongoing costs meant these weren’t affordable. 

Ended up with the Mevo Plus, and must say absolutely delighted with it. Tested it against the TrackMan with my coach over about 50 shots, across a range of clubs and it was about 98% accurate compared to data on TrackMan, plus I got it at discount meant total cost was £1.5k…

Have used for gapping, data on specific key technical aspects of the game, plus there is options for creating your own tests (accuracy, distance control etc) in the app suite that came with it and charges in about 2-3 hours and lasts a couple of hours…

Has really helped my game… some gripes on it though…

1) have to pay extra for the D Plane set, which is about £900 in the UK - I’d love a monthly subscription option for people to use 

2) battery has slightly degraded over time, now last about 90mins but you can plug a power pack in if needed

Other positives

1) customer service is excellent, have provided feedback on the unit, spoken to regional manager couple of times and the company is really interested in feedback, improving and listening - this tells me the culture is right 

2) reliability has been excellent - no issues with it - firmware updates simple and have aided accuracy and some different options

3) camera in the system is ok - but not of quality of Trackman unit but I use a separate app which links (OnForm) and works well… 

So all in all, really pleased, had my £ worth out of it, still use for gapping and work on the game and links to iPad. 

Note - I’ve not used indoors only on outdoor range, so can’t comment on capability as simulator but have played the courses on it outdoors and works well…. 

WITB > Stealth 2 Driver > Mizuno STG 3 & 5 woods > Mizuno 243 Irons > Vokey SM9 Wedges (50,54,60)

While working with my local swing coach, I decided I needed a unit that gave me club data along with ball data. Wanting to stay on the lower end of the price spectrum, I landed on the Garmin R10. It's really the only one that has a full range of club data, including AoA. Shockingly units like the MLM2Pro and Skytrack/+ don't offer a lot of club data and don't do AoA. So it was either the R10 or spend $3k+ for the Mevo+ or BLM. So I grabbed the R10 on sale at Christmas. Haven't really used it much yet as my garage us currently a mess as I work on a house room remodel. But now that the weather looks like it might be truly breaking, it will get some range work.

As the PLM space grows and improves, I'll likely be looking at others down the line as I'd like something a bit "better" that's BLM accurate. Hopefully they continue to improve but stay in that sub-$1k price point.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

I do have a Bushnell launch pro which I love. I wish it had strike position but that's easy to get with some stickers or foot powder. Being in Montana the Sim I built extends or short 5-6 month season to all year. Hoping to keep the rust away. Also for the first time ever I know my carry distances not total. I think this may change my thought process on course a lot. Getting feedback on swing changes is also great. Since a lot of golfers suffer from swing path problems, this is a great tool to use to work on that. Overall best thing I have done for my game. 

LTDx driver and 7 wood

Pxg 0211 3 wood, 5wood, irons

Vokey 56 m grind

Taylor made 7 putter

I have the Garmin R10 and it doesn't pickup every single shot but does a great job for the price, by giving much of the data in the more expensive options!

I currently have the Rapsodo MLM2 Pro launch monitor. What can I say, its cool, but I am not sure it's worth the money in the way that I use it. My problem is that I have a one car garage and that space is being used by a bunch of things that take precedence (you know that goes). Anyway, is it cool to use at the range, yeah, However, using range balls for accurate information is like using your buddy's clubs to get accurate information. It might be close, but nowhere near exact. 

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

I have the Rapsodo MLM2PRO. I use it at the range and into a net at the house. Both work great. Sometimes I have a little connectivity issues. The range mode and connection to E6 is awesome. Rapsodo courses leave a little to be desired. Overall fantastic for the price and pretty accurate. Working on a more permanent sim setup. 

I would have to agree the devices themselves are more affordable.  However there is still the expense of getting the rest of the equipment. That is unless you want to hit balls into a net outside only. Not that that is a bad thing, but I believe most of the appeal is so that you can during poor weather conditions. 

Now with that being said, I have looked, and to no ones fault but my own. I always have to have the best equipment per value. So my answer is two fold, first my initial purchase would be based on beginner purchase and getting acclimated to a simulator. And second would be my dream indoor home purchase. Under the first category I would buy the Rapsodo MLM2Pro due to the twin camera technology for the price at purchase. I have watched several videos on just about every product out there. This one has the most data available based on actual club to ball contact. Unlike the Garmin R10 which uses analytics from a couple pieces of data to create the other data points. That is all fine and dandy, but I don’t want any mistakes. 

Now for the dream purchase for in home would have to be the Flight Scope Limited Edition. Now I would build the indoor hitting/putting area, with video projector and tv to see data. The reason for this machine is simple, cost upfront ,every year after and what you get for that cost. The equipment is proven to be accurate and has a ton a data, and you get to play golf no matter the weather conditions. With all the internal programs that is already installed and not an extra purchase, it’s like getting a bundle deal already set up for yourself. 

Now there will be people that say the Bushnell is most accurate and has most real time data. I would agree, but for the upfront cost and the annual price afterwards, I will wait two seconds more to watch my ball path on a screen. Now all this is just my two cents and what I would/will do at least on the latter choice at some point.

Thanks for reading and allowing me my two cents. Happy golfing everyone.  

I am a golfer that is getting back into the game. With luck I will get to update my lower handicap. 

I currently have an SC200 Plus, upgrading from the first version. If money were no object I’d have Rapsodo MLM2PRO. 

I’ve had some issue with my SC 200 Plus with accurate readings lately. I need to reset it and try again. 

IMG_0294.jpeg

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

I don't since they've seemed expensive and time consuming. Plus, the simulators around town have them so I'll use them during the off season. If they become affordable, as accurate as the ones around town, and easy to use/set up, I might add one to my wish list. 

Best book on golf, "Golf is Not a Game of Perfect" by Dr. Bob Rotella

I don’t own one but am probably going to buy a Garmin this month and eventually upgrade to something more accurate later on. 

Jason Tatum

I bought a PRGR during Covid to use while speed training. Truthfully don't use it much as I play too often and don't practice enough. When I was using it,  it really did help to see my progress in speed.

Ping G425 SGT Driver

Ping Rapture V2 4 wood

Ping Rapture V2 23 ° Hybrid

Ping G430 26 ° Hybrib

Ping G 6 to PW irons

Ping 50° & 54° Glide 2 Wedge

Square Strike Chipper

Sandy Andy Sand Wedge

Evnroll ER7CS Center Shaft putter

5 hours ago, musicalmedicine said:

I’m currently in the market for one. All signs are pointing to the FlightScope Mevo+ Limited Edition at the moment. I’m really looking forward to what some of the spies have to say about their experience with the Mevo and other devices.

As much as I would love to go full golf nut and get a trackman or foresight, this is the way.

Edited by pgareject87
Haven't had coffee yet lol

"Be a goldfish" - Ted Lasso

My son-in-law has FullSwing 5K . Unbelievable tool. I love staying there for days at a time. If I ever hit a lottery, I’ll get one for myself. More realistically, a Rhapsodo is on my wish list. 

Edited by stcymbol
Can’t reveal device location.

Stcymbol 

I do not own a launch monitor and have no purpose on purchasing one being that they are sooooo expensive, plus not that good for one 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've got the Rhapsodo.  It's Ok  

I wish it had the ability to change the color of the flight path.  Wish the yellow box was bigger as well.  The viewing area just seems to be small to me.  Sometimes I can't see all of my swing.  I guess I just haven't used it enough yet to get everything out of it.  But I will find out 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I dont currently have a launch monitor. My dream is to set up a sim with a screen, projector and monitor in my garage someday. It's not imminent. 

My requirements would be: accurate, offers club and ball date, and can be used by right and left handers without having to move the unit.

If price was no object, I'd probably lean to the uneekor overhead unit. Second choice would be the full swing kit. 

40 year old Canadian golfer. Driver swing speed 113mph. All distance no accuracy. 

WITB:

Driver - Callaway Rogue LS 9° stiff

5W - Ping g430

5h - Ping g430

Irons - TaylorMade p790 bent 1° weak and 1° upright with KBS $-Taper Chrome T 120 gram shafts (5-AW)

Wedges - Titleist SM9 56° 114F, SM8 60° 10S

Putter - Odyssey White Hot #5

Bushnell launch pro - basic subscription. Excellent for practice at the range outdoors! Good to know carry yardages and spin. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Don’t hang anything currently.  Used to have a PRGR but it fell out of my golf bag at some point and never came back. Haven’t replaced it  

The R10 looks like it checks a bunch of boxes. AOA something is like to see though. 

Edited by Dmdecoy

Ping woods, P790 irons, T20 wedges, LAB df2.1 putter

I have been looking for one, but they are $$$. I looked at the Mevo Launch Monitor Portable option. Small and would give me enough information to help me figure my game out and more. 

Golf is a humbling sport....I should know...I have three kids, and that can be frustrating! 

I don’t have one, and not sure I’ll be in the market anytime soon. As far as a wish list, depends on what we are wishing for. If I am just wishing, a GC Quad would be awesome. If I am being more realistic to something that would not end in my wife murdering me, I’m probably hoping for a Rapsodo MLM2PRO. 

Driver: Mizuno ST180 - HZRDUS Smoke Blue 6.5

3W: Mizuno ST180 - Tensei White

3H: Mizuno JPX 900 

4-PW: Mizuno JPX Tour 900 - KBS C Taper X-Stiff

50, 54, 58: Mizuno T7 - KBS C Taper X-Stiff

Putter: Varies

"Win with Humility, Lose with Grace, and Do Both with Dignity" - Someone Smarter Than Me

I have had the Rapsodo MLM Pro (prior to the MLM2Pro coming out) for a couple years - as others have said - works quite well - I use it both indoors and outdoors and just leave an earbud in on the range so it isn't shouting out information to everyone near me. In my garage, I cast from the iPhone to a TV on the wall so I'm not squinting at the iPhone screen for the quick video replays.

Misses some shots (mostly crappy worm burners....), but overall quite good. Gives info on the session (dispersion and distance) versus other golfers and what to work on. Only major downside is that you really have to keep it in the shade, since once the iPhone heats up, the unit doesn't work. As it heats up, the camera on the iPhone shuts off, but you can still track info - but that only lasts for a bit. I've tried to shade it with the bag, golf shoe bag, etc, but if it is already hot out....

Overall been quite pleased with it and used the data and videos from it to get started with the pro here at the club to give a jumpstart on what I was trying to work on. 

I'd love to try the MLM2Pro, but with a functioning MLMPro, can't really justify it at this point.

-----------------------------------------------------
Driver -  :taylormade-small: Qi10 9.5°, Ventus VeloCore
3W -  :taylormade-small: Sim2Max 15°
3H -  :taylormade-small: Jetspeed 19°
Irons -  :titleist-small: T300 4-AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 54°, 60°
Putter -  :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Seven S Putter
:Arccos: sensors 

I have had a Skytrak for about 5 years now.  Love it!  I think about upgrading but I don’t think it would be worth it to yet as this works great.  

Driver: TaylorMade M1
5W: TaylorMade M4
4h:
:cobra-small: One Length 25*
5-GW:
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, Project X 5.5
Wedges:
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* S, 58* D, True Temper Wedge Flex
Putter:  Evnroll 
 ER5 Black Hatchback
Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x when with others who can spot / Callaway Bold Superhot when alone or T off near driving range (so I can find my ball)

Yes I owned the Rapsodo MLM for 2-1/2 years, before that was the Voice Caddie 100 I used for club fitting and my own practice. The Voice caddie was great to use on the course. The Rapsodo is not course friendly it takes to long to start up, pretty much driving range only. The other down turn is the yearly subscription

Skip

J.D. Skip Perrey

I have a Rapsodo MLM 1. Use it every where but IVe noticed some inconsistencies and software glitches. Their IT department gives the run around and doesn't provide resolutions. I feel their focus is on the newer model. I would love to test out other brands and models.

-RAD, Robert

RAD

I don’t own a launch monitor. I’m thinking about one but I just want it for the range only. I’ve been following the garmin but have heard mixed reviews.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft 

Woods: Ping 425 Max 3-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Hybrid: PXG 0317 17*-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Irons: New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: PXG 311 Gen 3 52-56 Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Putter: TaylorMade Truss Heal

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Ball: OnCore VeroX 

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

I had the first release of the Rapsodo MLM 2 pro and even after multiple firmware updates it was very frustrating to use. I sent it back and got a refund after 3 months. Maybe it’s better now, but I probably won’t buy it again. 

:callaway-small:Epic Max LS 9* ACCRA TZ6

:callaway-small:Epic Speed 3w ACCRA FX

:cobra-small:3H ACCRA FX

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 4-pw Aerotech 

:vokey-small:50,55,60 

:cameron-small: Phantom X 11.5 putter

:titelist-small: prov1