Testers Wanted! Volvik Golf Balls ×

Galway Bay Rain Gear - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main post via the links below!

@gingerbeast87 - Main Post 

@Randall Robbins - Main Post 

@ChaosReigns - Main Post 

@Mike10487 - Main Post

Thank you all and I will do my best with the rest of my fellow testers to keep you informed and up to date. I really hope the enc can stay on track with the rain forecasted and plan to hand off some of my other rain gear to my golfing addicts I run with to give side by side comparisons and to see who stays drier. And of course pics to follow all postings 

I’m not the greatest but I’ll always play

Things I thought I never hear in regards to playing golf: "hoping to get some rain / bad weather" 🤣

But seriously, can't wait to see what conditions yall put these items through!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Thank you all for the congratulations, please see the introduction post to learn a little about me, and what i hope to gain from this test cycle.

Speak soon folks

Ryan

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

13 minutes ago, gingerbeast87 said:

Thank you all for the congratulations, please see the introduction post to learn a little about me, and what i hope to gain from this test cycle.

Speak soon folks

Ryan

Great intro @gingerbeast87 (I now understand the name with your provided picture 🤣)!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

11 hours ago, Knight017 said:

God I needed this at the footy Friday night. My old Eagles and Birdies gear didn't stand up to the downpour 

We will give you some good feedback as soon as possible!

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

20 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced!

image.png

Galway Bay recently released a new jacket and pants with an impressive 30,000 waterproof rating, double that of their previous rating. They claim that, despite this impressive improvement, the fabric remains breathable and comfortable and does not restrict movement during any round. 

In  previous MyGolfSpy rain gear testing, Galway Bay performed well and been recognized for its value and quality. Their rain pant is notable because it does not go over existing pants but is meant to be worn on their own. 

image.png

Straight From Galway Bay:

Galway Bay says: “We designed our Performance Outerwear to be versatile, comfortable, and fashionable. Galway Bay provides protection from the wind and rain while still allowing players to take an unrestricted swing. 

“All Galway Bay jackets and pants are made from our proprietary fabric, Galway Bay Hydro-Flex 32. This breakthrough material is a three-layer fabric with double durable water repellent coating, including Teflon, that’s designed to not only keep water from getting in but to allow sweat to get out.” 

image.png

Please welcome and congratulate our testers!

@gingerbeast87 

@Randall Robbins 

@ChaosReigns 

@Mike10487

This stuff is so under rated. I love golfing in all weather, it’s an outdoor sport don’t ya know 🤣, very interested to follow this one. I hope it gets a “full” test! 

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

Congratulations Testers! This will be an interesting test & some great areas where rain gear is needed.  Afternoon summer rain showers out of nowhere in Florida & the rainy weather in the UK. 

@ChaosReigns, you can revise your handle when wearing the Galway rain gear to Chaos"Rains". LOL.  
Good Luck Gents! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

18 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

Congratulations Testers! This will be an interesting test & some great areas where rain gear is needed.  Afternoon summer rain showers out of nowhere in Florida & the rainy weather in the UK. 

@ChaosReigns, you can revise your handle when wearing the Galway rain gear to Chaos"Rains". LOL.  
Good Luck Gents! 

lol I will keep that in mind. 

18 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

This stuff is so under rated. I love golfing in all weather, it’s an outdoor sport don’t ya know 🤣, very interested to follow this one. I hope it gets a “full” test! 

Oh, it will!!!! I'm sure we will get some kind of tropical storm or something in Florida. If not, I'll create driving "pressurized" rain! Gonna look like the weather channel crew....  Except we will tell the truth about it.

Edited by Mike10487

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

I was thinking about how I would test a rain suit and pictured myself running around outside with my kids spraying me with a hose!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

30 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I was thinking about how I would test a rain suit and pictured myself running around outside with my kids spraying me with a hose!

That’s plan C for me. Plan A is every time I book a tee time it rains. Plan B is I have to pressure wash the house and C is garden hose with kids

Forgot to mention when completing the form for the suit I chose the blue suit option. I have plenty of blacks and greens so I figured blue would go best this time. I plan to test against my mossey oak and my pyramex (work issued ) rain gear I use them both on wet days on or off the links

13 hours ago, ChaosReigns said:

That’s plan C for me. Plan A is every time I book a tee time it rains. Plan B is I have to pressure wash the house and C is garden hose with kids

Or you guys could come to work with me for a couple days!

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

I'm excited for this one.  I'm due for new rain gear before this fall's guy's weekend, as my old stuff is getting old.  I play in a decent amount of bad (cold and wet) weather and have been looking at this line of raingear.  

:callaway-small:Paradym driver

:callaway-small:Paradym X 3HL

:callaway-small:Paradym 7w

Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5 Hybrid

:callaway-small:Paradym irons 6-AW

:callaway-small:Jaws Raw 54*, 58*

:odyssey-small: Versa 3T

My plan is to play rounds wet or dry and see how it holds up, and if push comes to shove a walk in the rain 🤣 it'll be the first time I actively grab the clubs and zoom to the course when the heavens open

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

Congrats testers! rain gear is something I've never really considered but after being caught out in the rain with a crappy rain jacket it's now on my radar. Looking forward to your testing process and how they workout for ya!

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

22 hours ago, gingerbeast87 said:

My plan is to play rounds wet or dry and see how it holds up, and if push comes to shove a walk in the rain 🤣 it'll be the first time I actively grab the clubs and zoom to the course when the heavens open

I was thinking the exact same thing. The guys are going to think I'm crazy (or stupid).

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

51 minutes ago, ChaosReigns said:

Just to be back in fl for a few day I may take ya up on that lol 

I think it is quite appropriate that @ChaosReigns (aka Chaos”Rains”) got selected to test out the rain suit!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

3 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I think it is quite appropriate that @ChaosReigns (aka Chaos”Rains”) got selected to test out the rain suit!

Thank you and I am seriously considering changing my name to it lol

Edited by ChaosReigns

13 hours ago, ChaosReigns said:

Update:

just got my email confirmation from Galway bay. Tracking info should be coming next 

I did as well. I took the liberty of ordering a pair of the gloves to complete the ensemble. By making the order for gloves they immediately sent a text message wanting to make contact. I did not answer the text as we are not allowed to make direct contact with the company. I just thought it was a very cool perk by customer service. Just wanted to share my first experience purchasing directly from the company.

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Galway Bay Rain Gear - 2024 Forum Member Review
On 4/12/2024 at 5:37 PM, ChaosReigns said:

Update:

just got my email confirmation from Galway bay. Tracking info should be coming next 

Just received an email with all tracking information and the rain gear should be here this Friday!! Can’t wait to post an unboxing and first try on 

I believe the weather gods know I was selected. We have one 40% chance of rain in the weekly forecast. Which in Florida, means it will be a beautiful day. 

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

Ok golf spy’s here’s a few pictures and a couple of videos if they upload.

First opinion, it is made from some very nice quality material’s. I like the close over stitching that hides the seams and you can’t feel while wearing the garments. It is very breathable yet blocks the wind so I can only imagine how dry you will stay during a rainy day. 

I chose the blue and am not disappointed, it has a slight shine to it that I can only assume is from the materials it’s self. 
The inside band at the waist is stretchy and the Galway Bay logo is a rubber material that will help keep the shirts tucked in and has a double button on the front that will help keep the pants secure around your waist and not falling to you knees. The pockets are nice and deep that can accommodate a cellphone or gloves and a few balls or in my case a small note pad that I doodle the course and write pros or cons of the hole just played. There is also a small ball marker pocket on the front of the pants that just seems pretty nifty. 

The jacket fits nicely and can be snugged up with the waist draw strings and has the same cover over stitching on the inside. There are three nice size pockets on the front but none on the inside which I believe would have been nice. The cuffs are Velcro secured style and the front zipper is hidden by Velcro tabs to keep the inside dry I would assume. 

I just received the package today and have only just tried it on and did a few laps outside around the house to see how the movement felt and how much it will stop wind and so far I am impressed. The only rating I can give today is a 10/10 for the quality and feel. 
This weekend they are calling for rain so I will be able to give a water test and my rating on that when it comes. Till then I’ll keep y’all updated 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

4/19:  Update:   I played a member guest today. I collected my 5th Hole-in-one! (It was with a "white box" Callaway Tour X) I drive to the house and see this nondescript box sitting at the door.  Hello Galway Bay. What a day!!

Unboxing:  This very mundane brown box that doesn't scream steal me off the doorstep. It's nice to not have all the logos smeared all over the box. The neatly folder suit was in individual Ziplock bags. I immediately noticed the lightness of the packages. 10 of 10

First impressions:  Upon opening the bags and eyeballing the suit. My initial thought was " this set reeks of quality". 

The jacket- Super lightweight material was extremely soft and smooth to the touch. The zippers were easy to pull down but felt firm. It's kind of hard to explain but once again the word quality came to mind. The zipper flap had nice Velcro but the way it is stitched, I don't know that it needed it. The stitching was very tight, so tight I had to look very closely to make sure it was actual stitches.  The pants- Once again super lightweight and they look like slacks. I'd have trouble differentiating them out of my dress slacks area of the closet. The fabric stretches nicely and I like that they have the shirt holder rubber lining in the waistband. The only drawback for me is there are only 5 beltloops. Certainly not a deal breaker by any means, but I do prefer 6 to better keep the pants from drooping. 9.5/10

Initial try on-

I'd say the jacket sizes run a bit small. The sizing chart said 2xl. The mid-section is fine, the shoulder area is a little tighter than I thought it should be. Upon zipping the jacket up fully, the zipper really digs into my Adam's apple due to the neck size being a little smaller than a normal 2XL. None of this affected the fabric moving properly throughout a simulated swing. I felt little to no restraint as the jacket seem to stretch in all the right places. Jacket rating 8.5/10       

The pants- Let's call them slacks. I have now been wearing these "slacks" for 3 hours. They are as comfortable as any pair of dress "slacks" I have ever owned. I have not adjusted any areas of my body, which is a constant fight with my Haggar and Izod slacks. I can actually feel the air movement in these. Which is begging for the question of "how the hell did they do this?". If these are even remotely waterproof, this is an absolute homerun! Noise level is not even remotely an issue. I would not hesitate to throw on a dress shirt and go to any 5-star restaurant. If I could give the "slacks" an eleven I would. 10/10

Super impressed so far. I look forward testing these against the elements. With little to no rainfall in the 10-day forecast, we will get creative.  

1000001781.jpg

1000001777.jpg

1000001785.jpg

1000001783.jpg

1000001782.jpg

1000001786.jpg

1000001787.jpg

1000001789.jpg

1000001790.jpg

1000001791.jpg

1000001792.jpg

1000001794.jpg

1000001795.jpg

1000001796.jpg

1000001798.jpg

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

15 minutes ago, Mike10487 said:

4/19:  Update:   I played a member guest today. I collected my 5th Hole-in-one! (It was with a "white box" Callaway Tour X) I drive to the house and see this nondescript box sitting at the door.  Hello Galway Bay. What a day!!

Unboxing:  This very mundane brown box that doesn't scream steal me off the doorstep. It's nice to not have all the logos smeared all over the box. The neatly folder suit was in individual Ziplock bags. I immediately noticed the lightness of the packages. 10 of 10

First impressions:  Upon opening the bags and eyeballing the suit. My initial thought was " this set reeks of quality". 

The jacket- Super lightweight material was extremely soft and smooth to the touch. The zippers were easy to pull down but felt firm. It's kind of hard to explain but once again the word quality came to mind. The zipper flap had nice Velcro but the way it is stitched, I don't know that it needed it. The stitching was very tight, so tight I had to look very closely to make sure it was actual stitches.  The pants- Once again super lightweight and they look like slacks. I'd have trouble differentiating them out of my dress slacks area of the closet. The fabric stretches nicely and I like that they have the shirt holder rubber lining in the waistband. The only drawback for me is there are only 5 beltloops. Certainly not a deal breaker by any means, but I do prefer 6 to better keep the pants from drooping. 9.5/10

Initial try on-

I'd say the jacket sizes run a bit small. The sizing chart said 2xl. The mid-section is fine, the shoulder area is a little tighter than I thought it should be. Upon zipping the jacket up fully, the zipper really digs into my Adam's apple due to the neck size being a little smaller than a normal 2XL. None of this affected the fabric moving properly throughout a simulated swing. I felt little to no restraint as the jacket seem to stretch in all the right places. Jacket rating 8.5/10       

The pants- Let's call them slacks. I have now been wearing these "slacks" for 3 hours. They are as comfortable as any pair of dress "slacks" I have ever owned. I have not adjusted any areas of my body, which is a constant fight with my Haggar and Izod slacks. I can actually feel the air movement in these. Which is begging for the question of "how the hell did they do this?". If these are even remotely waterproof, this is an absolute homerun! Noise level is not even remotely an issue. I would not hesitate to throw on a dress shirt and go to any 5-star restaurant. If I could give the "slacks" an eleven I would. 10/10

Super impressed so far. I look forward testing these against the elements. With little to no rainfall in the 10-day forecast, we will get creative.  

1000001781.jpg

1000001777.jpg

1000001785.jpg

1000001783.jpg

1000001782.jpg

1000001786.jpg

1000001787.jpg

1000001789.jpg

1000001790.jpg

1000001791.jpg

1000001792.jpg

1000001794.jpg

1000001795.jpg

1000001796.jpg

1000001798.jpg

Congratulations on the ace!!! And I like the black, I went with blue and am not disappointed 

Congratulations on another ACE!

These look like fantastic sets of gear! How is it when you are bending, stooped over,  squatting , etc for comfort?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.