2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

All metal putter grip?

Have you ever heard of an all metal putter grip? Yeah, most haven’t but it’s an actual product. The first question I had when I saw it was, “who in the world would buy this thing,” and “that seems pointless.” 

I am a golf nut just like the rest of you and had a dozen questions. Long story short, I bought one to mess around with and absolutely love it. 

The grip is made by a company in my home state of Michigan called Feedback Putter Grips. Always love to support a local small business. 

Here is what they claim:

“A patent pending aircraft grade aluminum putting grip. This putter grip changes the way you think about putting. It provides 70% more feel and feedback so you can sink more putts! 

Replace your foam and rubber grip to gain a heightened sense of feel for better control and speed. Conventional grips absorb vital information about the green that could help improve your putting game. 

This perfectly engineered putter grip is for the person that is tired of trying every kind of grip with no change in their game.”

I was due for a new SuperStroke grip as mine was worn out so picked this up. Claiming better feel, feedback and control is a claim every grip manufacturer makes but this is different. No grip tape or solvent is needed as the grip is put on with metal screws that you tighten down with an allen wrench. That being said, if you want to try this on another putter you can easily swap it and not cut it off and throw it out like with other grips. Seeing that the majority of shafts are metal, the metal on metal contact with the grip to shaft is extremely unique and what gives the you the additional feel and feedback  

Did I find more feel? Honestly…yes. You know instantly how you struck the putt. Strike it well, it feels pure. Strike is towards the heel or toe then you get an audible and tangible feel through your hands. 

Better speed control? Mildly, yes. As golfers we want any advantage we can get when it comes to putting. 

Seeing it’s made of aluminum, it creates a counter balance effect which I personally like. Weighing in at 149 grams, it’s right at home with a heavier blade or mallet putter. 

The screws are set a little lower towards the top which gives you 3/4 inch to raise or lower the grip so you don’t have to trim the shaft to try mild length changes. 

Fellow Spy’s, give this thing a look. Who knows, it might just shave a stroke or two on the greens!

IMG_5314.jpeg

IMG_5256.jpeg

IMG_5255.jpeg

IMG_5254.jpeg

JackieMoon_LMS: 3.2 handicap

• Driver: Taylormade Stealth Plus 
  • 3W: Taylormade Sim 2 
  • 3H: Taylormade Stealth Plus
  • Irons 4 - PW: Taylormade Tour Preferred
  • Wedges: Vokey 50, 54, 58
  • Putter: Never Compromise GM2 Mallet
  • Ball: Vice Pro 

definitely interesting.  Machine Putters made aluminum grips many years ago that were actually pistol shaped and not round.    The feedback grip is interesting and would be something I would like to try.   But you definitely want to be a player that wants a counterbalanced putter since they come in at 149gr and a larger round profile.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

definitely interesting.  Machine Putters made aluminum grips many years ago that were actually pistol shaped and not round.    The feedback grip is interesting and would be something I would like to try.   But you definitely want to be a player that wants a counterbalanced putter since they come in at 149gr and a larger round profile.   

I have put it on anser 2, 2 ball, spider and a Scotty Newport 2. Each felt great.

Maybe well suited for Michigan, but southeast US summers would make that, as Rick Springfield would say, "Hard to Hold"!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Really really interesting! 

Never would have thought to ever have a metal putter grip or any grip for that matter. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

27 minutes ago, Ball0 said:

What is the install process like?

It's on their website.   Slide onto the the shaft and tighten the screws at the top and bottom.

https://www.feedbackgrips.com/pages/mounting-grip

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, Kevin fox said:

I think the concept of feel is something we are missing with the oversized grips these days. I use the thinnest grip I can find for feel. I think l will try this. 

I can’t agree more with this. My concern also living in Michigan is the colder temps making the grip uncomfortable to hold, but definitely would be interested in trying it if/when I re-grip my putter

Sasquatch Driver, Sumo 3 wood, King Tour MIM Irons, Cobra Wedges, Ontic Putter

Don’t play on cold or hot days..

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I will disagree with those saying don't play on Hot days. I think with it being mostly inside the bag, it will remain fairly comfortable to use. It's not exposed to direct sun for long. It may be warm, but not intolerable. 

This is something I'd say would be a great personal testing item. It won't fix your putting errors, but it may just help you recognize then quicker to learn from them

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

11 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I will disagree with those saying don't play on Hot days. I think with it being mostly inside the bag, it will remain fairly comfortable to use. It's not exposed to direct sun for long. It may be warm, but not intolerable. 

Probably cooler than the iron heads that are sticking out of the bag in the direct sunlight.  

5 hours ago, Ball0 said:

What is the install process like?

Rip of the old grip and tape. The metal one slides on and you tighten down the screws with an allen wrench. The screws just hold it in place on the shaft and does not go through it. Super easy!

5 hours ago, Bubba1985 said:

I live in Louisiana..u could cook an egg on that in August lol, but I do see where it could be beneficial 

Good thing is the putter is in the bag and won’t heat it up haha. It is aluminum which keeps it nice and cool. 

4 hours ago, Kevin fox said:

I think the concept of feel is something we are missing with the oversized grips these days. I use the thinnest grip I can find for feel. I think l will try this. 

Give it a shot! There are some pre owned demo ones on eBay for way less at the moment. I picked up an extra so I don’t have to swap it all the time if I want to try it on a new putter haha. 

4 hours ago, bvoorho said:

I can’t agree more with this. My concern also living in Michigan is the colder temps making the grip uncomfortable to hold, but definitely would be interested in trying it if/when I re-grip my putter

Doesn’t bother me one bit and I play when it is above 40F and under 100F. Never been a problem. 

5 hours ago, edkrisiak said:

I would not want to use this putter grip when the temps are in the 30 to 40 degree temp range!!!🥶

Really Cold day…  ski gloves. Really Hot day… oven mitts. The golf bag better have extra large storage pockets! 😂

I have to admit it’s really creative. 

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

I know others have it would be ok in extreme temps, hot or cold but I still think in cold weather that the grip, even being aluminum would be cold and not real comfortable. I do love the logo on the butt and would love to have that for a ball marker.

Callaway guy all the way!

Bonus is that cleaning the "grip" is super easy too!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Interesting concept, some might be able to have it work for them, but I don't think I'm one of them. I want feedback, but not to the extent that this grip will give and even if you hit it perfectly in the center, I'm sure you will still get some feedback.

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Ping Tour 65

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

Scotty Cameron Custom welded LN 

Grips- GP MCC+4

I can feel my hand burning in the middle of August looking at this. Interesting concept though

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

24 minutes ago, BreakfastBall15 said:

I can feel my hand burning in the middle of August looking at this. Interesting concept though

I'm betting that the sweaty palms and arms will be more of an issue on the aluminum than heat.

Now, after sitting in a vehicle for a few hours and then pulling out the putter for a practice session?  Then I see it being an issue. 

The other consideration will be the size of it. Pulling in and out of the bag, rubbing against other grips/clubs/surfaces and getting marred up.

As interesting as it sounds, 90 bucks to give it a shot just to find out that it doesn't work for you seems like a terrible idea. Would I try it? Absolutely. Would I want to pay for it just to find out it isn't for me? Questionable. Maybe MGS Admins have this one in the works to test...Maybe. Or could be a next season thing? @GolfSpy_APH may be on that, but I would presume we wouldn't know until that Testers Wanted post came out...Hahaha

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

5 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

As interesting as it sounds, 90 bucks to give it a shot just to find out that it doesn't work for you seems like a terrible idea. Would I try it? Absolutely. Would I want to pay for it just to find out it isn't for me? Questionable. Maybe MGS Admins have this one in the works to test...Maybe. Or could be a next season thing? @GolfSpy_APH may be on that, but I would presume we wouldn't know until that Testers Wanted post came out...Hahaha

If it was a thing it wouldn't be till next season. This season is basically completed for our schedule. 

I will confirm I have not reached out to them though. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)