Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

Unofficial Review: Arccos Golf Performance Tracking System

Posted (edited)

The Arccos Golf Performance Tracking System has rapidly evolved into one of the most advanced and comprehensive tools available for golfers seeking to enhance their game through data. Incorporating everything from automatic shot tracking to AI-powered caddie advice, Arccos offers an intriguing blend of technology and practicality. Here's a deep dive into setting up and using Arccos, along with insights drawn from two rounds of golf to evaluate its effectiveness.

For information, I bought 1 week ago, the Arccos Major Bundle including 14 Gen3. sensors, 1 Link Pro & 12 months membership to the Arccos app for 435$ CAD, taxes including. 

Setting Up Arccos

Getting started with Arccos is straightforward:

1. Install Gen3. Sensors: Screw the ultralight sensors onto the end of each club handle. Each sensor pairs with a specific club for accurate tracking.
  2. Download the App: Available for both iOS and Android, the app is where you'll register your sensors and view your data.
  3. Pairing: Pair each sensor with the app by simply scanning the sensors of each club with your phone camera. The app recognizes the sensor and links it.

Using the New Link Pro Tracker

The new Link Pro Tracker is a game-changer for those who prefer not to carry their phone during a round. This small device fits in your lead pocket and communicates with the sensors to track each shot, transmitting data directly to your phone. Charge it via USB, turn it on before your round, and it automatically detects and records every shot.

App Interaction

During the round, the app or a connected smartwatch (such as the Apple Watch) displays distances, shot detection, and caddie advice. Post-round, editing is intuitive, allowing for adjustments like shot position and club selection, crucial for those occasional misreads or undetected shots.

Accuracy of Shot Detection

Arccos impressively detects most shots with high accuracy, including the nuances between different types of swings and shots. However, it occasionally misses a shot, particularly with softer chips or putts, which needs manual addition later.

Data Tracking and Analysis

Arccos tracks an extensive array of data:

• Distances for each club, giving you a clear picture of your range with every club.
  • Shot dispersion patterns help identify tendencies and areas for improvement.
  • Strokes Gained Analytics provide a detailed breakdown against chosen handicaps, offering insights into where you gain or lose strokes relative to other players at your level.

Smart Caddie Features

One of the standout features is the AI-powered Smart Caddie, which advises on club selection based on past performance, current conditions (like wind and elevation), and even suggests strategies based on how you've played similar holes in the past. This level of tailored advice can significantly impact decision-making during a round. 
Please note, this functionality requires several attempts for the recommendation to be reliable. Wait several rounds before following it without thinking...
In addition, keep in mind that the wind conditions and sometimes a little exaggerated, I experienced: I had to play 185y which became 225y with the wind against , I finally hit my 5W and achieved 220y while going well beyond the green. The wind was not so strong...

Post-Round Editing and Analysis

After completing a round, editing via the app is user-friendly. Whether adjusting the location of a shot for precision, changing which club was used, or adding a missed stroke, the interface makes these modifications simple. This flexibility is crucial for maintaining the accuracy of your playing statistics. However, you can't edit putts expect the 1st one.

Limitations

Despite its many strengths, Arccos has a few limitations:

• Missed Shots: Some particularly soft or close-range shots may not always be detected.
  • Putting Data: Only the first putt is automatically tracked. Subsequent putts can't be manually entered, which can be a slight inconvenience.
  • Flag Position Accuracy: The system sometimes struggles with precise flag locations, affecting the accuracy of putting statistics.

Conclusion

From personal experience with two rounds of golf tracked, the Arccos System offers an incredibly detailed and useful toolkit for any golfer serious about improving their game. While it does have some minor detection issues and limitations concerning putt tracking and flag positions, the wealth of data and insights provided by the AI caddie and strokes gained statistics make it an invaluable resource. The ease of setup and use, combined with deep analytical capabilities, ensures that Arccos stands out as a leading golf performance tracking system.
In comparison with Apps like GolfShot, Arccos provides golfer the possibility to enjoy 100% on their round focusing on their game without having to manage the statistics while playing. More, you will play without your "big" phone in the pocket or the watch that gets in the way with the glove.
For me, it's a real game-changer and the technology is mind-blowing. 

And you, what do you think of Arccos tracking system?
Did you try it or are you thinking of trying it?
Are you using a different system?

IMG_3865.jpeg

ArccosStarterBundle-ProductImage-1_42b80b18-3cea-4da7-b7fe-c71e64e32d3b_1080x.jpg.webp

Edited by Corentin Vadillo
Adding cost information

Corentin | Québec City, QC - B2 Golf member 🇨🇦
Average Quebec-based golfer on a quest to refine skills and deepen golfing knowledge

📊 Golfing Stats: Handicap 18 | Best Round 85 | Trackman Handicap 6.2
⛳ Favorite Courses: Celebration, Orlando (FL) | Club de Golf Orléans, St-Pétronille (QC) 
🎒 WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 9º - HZRDUS Smoke Black stiff shaft 
  • Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 3W & 5W - HZRDUS Smoke Red stiff shaft 
  • Irons: TaylorMade Stealth (5i to Gap Wedge) - Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft 
  • Wedges: Titleist SM10 Chrome (52º12F, 56°12D & 60º08M) - Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft 
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Super Select 2.5+ - stock steel shaft 
  • Bag: Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black 
  • Ball: Titleist Pro V1 
  • Tracking system : Arccos Gen3. + Arccos Link Pro 

🎓 Golf Instructor: Alex Shattuck (TGRe)
🔎 Tests & Reviews :

Passionate about all things golf. Here to learn, share, and test the limits of my game.
Let's make every shot count! 🎯

Posted (edited)

You forgot item #4. pay the subscription fee.

Signed: Former ARRCOS user and confirmed Shotscope user. 

Edited by tony@CIC

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

You forgot item #4. pay the subscription fee.

Signed: Former ARRCOS user and confirmed Shotscope user. 

Yeah, you're right. Unfortunately, it's not free... 💸 
but technology never comes for free. There is always a price to pay for good things.

What about Shotscope? Any review, comments, pricing breakdown? What are you using @tony@CIC?

Average Quebec-based golfer on a quest to refine skills and deepen golfing knowledge

⛳ Favorite Courses: Celebration, Orlando (FL) | Club de Golf Orléans, St-Pétronille (QC) 
🎒 WITB:

• Irons: TaylorMade Stealth (5i to Gap Wedge) - Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft 
  • Wedges: Titleist SM10 Chrome (52º12F, 56°12D & 60º08M) - Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft 

🔎 Tests & Reviews :

Passionate about all things golf. Here to learn, share, and test the limits of my game.

11 minutes ago, Corentin Vadillo said:

Yeah, you're right. Unfortunately, it's not free... 💸 
but technology never comes for free. There is always a price to pay for good things.

What about Shotscope? Any review, comments, pricing breakdown? What are you using @tony@CIC?

Shotscope isn't free - since one has to purchase their "watches" for shot tracking/gps. Their devices aren't that much more then one annual subscription to ARRCOS.  I originally started out with ARRCOS but quickly shifted to the Shotscope V3 in 2021. Both my wife and I currently use the X5 and don't have to fuss with annual subscriptions. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Shotscope isn't free - since one has to purchase their "watches" for shot tracking/gps. Their devices aren't that much more then one annual subscription to ARRCOS.  I originally started out with ARRCOS but quickly shifted to the Shotscope V3 in 2021. Both my wife and I currently use the X5 and don't have to fuss with annual subscriptions. 

Thank you for the insights, but you have to wear the watch during your all golf round, isn't it?

🎒 WITB:

🔎 Tests & Reviews :

4 minutes ago, Corentin Vadillo said:

Thank you for the insights, but you have to wear the watch during your all golf round, isn't it?

Correct for the V5 and X5, however, they do make a H4 which is not a watch and can be clipped to a belt or even left in the bag/cart, but you have to tag the club. Previously I was averse to wearing a watch, but after the first few rounds I never noticed any issues with it. The added benefit of the watch is that you get lots of course info including distances, course layout including hazards, and you can see that the watch picked up the club sensor. Having that sensor info right there leads to virtually no editing after. Note as mentioned prior to 2021, using ARRCOS, I spent a ton of time editing (and that was using the Link). 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

14 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Correct for the V5 and X5, however, they do make a H4 which is not a watch and can be clipped to a belt or even left in the bag/cart, but you have to tag the club. Previously I was averse to wearing a watch, but after the first few rounds I never noticed any issues with it. The added benefit of the watch is that you get lots of course info including distances, course layout including hazards, and you can see that the watch picked up the club sensor. Having that sensor info right there leads to virtually no editing after. Note as mentioned prior to 2021, using ARRCOS, I spent a ton of time editing (and that was using the Link). 

Ok, thank you! Whoa, I didn't know ShotScope H4. It seems really impressive too. 
So I guess you have ShotScope sensors too to pair with the belt clip?

I didn't explore the Arccos Watch app yet but it seems that it's giving the same kind of information. I'll add an update soon about it. 

Regarding the "Link", prior 2021, I think you used the old version and not the new one wearable directly in the lead pocket. Based on my reading, the new one is much more powerful than the older version. I didn't have to update one shot after my 2 first rounds, only the flag position. The Link Pro was perfectly accurate regarding the ball position and the club used.

WJW03831.jpg

🎒 WITB:

🔎 Tests & Reviews :

If you've been around golf for any length of time, you've received and/or bought, plenty of ridiculous golf gizmos, that were totally useless.

Today, I tried the Arccos system.  What a complete waste of my time and energy.  I least I didn't invest much money.   I made it 3 holes, before I ripped them off my clubs and fired up GolfShot with Swing ID.

Other than possibly impressing your friends with your "high tech accessories", Arccos doesn't add anything to a round of golf that you can't get cheaper, easier and more efficiently from other sources.  Of course, from Arccos' perspective, they're able to generate a huge amount of data they can sell to the golf industry.

If you have newer model Apple Watch, GolfShot w/Swing ID does everything Arccos does and much more and for a lot less money.  I'm sure there are other options out there, also.

BTW, if you're using your iPhone for music when you play, Arccos will use up all your Bluetooth capability and you can't stream music to your speaker.   That alone was almost a deal-breaker for me on the 1st hole, but I bit the bullet and tried it for 2 more holes.  It missed more shots than it captured.

One other little tidbit.  At my age, my eyesight isn't what I'd like it to be. I don't wear glasses when I play golf and I can read everything on my phone, including everything on GolfShot, without any problem ... try doing that on the Arccos App.  The "visuals" are awful.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

3 minutes ago, BrianL99 said:

If you've been around golf for any length of time, you've received and/or bought, plenty of ridiculous golf gizmos, that were totally useless.

Today, I tried the Arccos system.  What a complete waste of my time and energy.  I least I didn't invest much money.   I made it 3 holes, before I ripped them off my clubs and fired up GolfShot with Swing ID.

Other than possibly impressing your friends with your "high tech accessories", Arccos doesn't add anything to a round of golf that you can't get cheaper, easier and more efficiently from other sources.  Of course, from Arccos' perspective, they're able to generate a huge amount of data they can sell to the golf industry.

If you have newer model Apple Watch, GolfShot w/Swing ID does everything Arccos does and much more and for a lot less money.  I'm sure there are other options out there, also.

BTW, if you're using your iPhone for music when you play, Arccos will use up all your Bluetooth capability and you can't stream music to your speaker.   That alone was almost a deal-breaker for me on the 1st hole, but I bit the bullet and tried it for 2 more holes.  It missed more shots than it captured.

One other little tidbit.  At my age, my eyesight isn't what I'd like it to be. I don't wear glasses when I play golf and I can read everything on my phone, including everything on GolfShot, without any problem ... try doing that on the Arccos App.  The "visuals" are awful.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Thank you Brian for your feedback. 
I 100% respect your point of view and arguments. However, I didn’t buy it to impress friends or whatever. I didn’t like play with a watch but I still wanted a system to track my shots.

I found a « comfortable » solution (I didn’t say the best) with Arccos, I was also curious to try it. That’s all. 

🎒 WITB:

🔎 Tests & Reviews :