Rapsodo MLM2Pro - 2024 Forum Review

Ok, first attempt turned out to be operator error…I’m blaming the wifi out on the driveway.

Set the unit up for a direct connection and it worked flawlessly today!  The unit helps with setup giving you a hitting area.

IMG_5307.png.fe51f1dc266ae572ef9f5fbb038eef33.png

Worked through a variety of the features just to see how they worked.

Some of the distances don’t seem quite right…but it is still very early in the process.

We’re starting to move in the right direction with this!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Updated my first impressions on the first page after messing around with it tonight.

I did play the first hole of Torrey Pines South just to see how it worked…bogeyed the hole!  Tee shot was short/left (didn’t feel like bad contact), second shot was short/left (again didn’t feel bad), little GW from 45 yards stuck it to 13 feet.

Question for the MGS community…taking recommendations for the first full round I play, what are your votes?

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

4 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Question for the MGS community…taking recommendations for the first full round I play, what are your votes?

I'd play a local course; maybe Royal New Kent?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I'd play a local course; maybe Royal New Kent?

A local course is a good idea.

For Royal New Kent specifically, I can follow up the real life beating I took there with simulated beating!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

13 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Had the first 9 swings with super speed golf.  9 swings recorded: 3 green 3 blue 3 red.  I’m just getting to know all these different sessions.  I have to say, this MLM2pro has been really righteous so far.

IMG_4040.jpeg

Numbers better than most PGA professionals?🤔

Still swinging after all these years

21 minutes ago, TAGolf13 said:

Numbers better than most PGA professionals?🤔

I think there may be a couple in there that were read wrong…I’m going to try again today and see what it spits out.

Edited by Owengeorge13

🙃

Used the range session today with a 7 iron.  I didn’t hit the ball too well.  A ball snuck through my net and hit a neighbors fence.  Needless to say, I was a little hesitant to swing hard after that.  I rented out the PGA superstore hitting bay tomorrow night.  I’m hoping to try a virtual round of golf for the MLM2pro during the bay session.  I plan on waking up tomorrow early and using the speed session again and hopefully the numbers are a little more balanced.

🙃

Using the Rapsodo MLM2PRO has been extremely easy so far.  I connect the tripod, hit the on button, and connect the app on my IPhone.  It took under a minute today.  
IMG_4053.jpeg.6b9670a8db6580423f78d22457a296e1.jpeg

So far I have had a chance to test: Practice, Range,Speed, Target Range. I plan on using courses and speed again tomorrow.

🙃

22 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

For Royal New Kent specifically, I can follow up the real life beating I took there with simulated beating!

Should be able to possibly score a little better knowing the layout.

How about any of the Kingsmill courses?

Really hoping that this works for you, as I am following along to see/verify that this one is a worthwhile investment for our winter season here.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

19 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Used the range session today with a 7 iron.  I didn’t hit the ball too well.  A ball snuck through my net and hit a neighbors fence.  Needless to say, I was a little hesitant to swing hard after that.  I rented out the PGA superstore hitting bay tomorrow night.  I’m hoping to try a virtual round of golf for the MLM2pro during the bay session.  I plan on waking up tomorrow early and using the speed session again and hopefully the numbers are a little more balanced.

I’m a little reluctant with the net, but mainly as it is fairly new to me.  It will come more natural as I use it more.

What course are you planning to “play” tomorrow?

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Should be able to possibly score a little better knowing the layout.

How about any of the Kingsmill courses?

Really hoping that this works for you, as I am following along to see/verify that this one is a worthwhile investment for our winter season here.

After coming through the connection issues from the first day, early signs are very positive.  Keeping an eye on some of the distances as I continue to test it.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

22 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

I think if I tried playing a simulated round at RNK the launch monitor would laugh at me. 

Good stuff so far everyone! 

My little one had soccer practice tonight, so I took the Rapsodo along and did my first full Superspeed workout tonight…already feeling it.  Swing speeds were better than what I saw during my initial check.

IMG_5311.png.b64afc4529d2dd975deaa68b0def9449.png

106 mph max at the end…super impressed with the numbers @Owengeorge13 put up, WOW!  I felt like I was swinging out of my shoes at these speeds.  More training is needed.

The RH swings felt awkward (one note, I play LH but I write/throw RH…so I’m a mess!).  I can swing RH it’s just not natural, but was fairly happy with the speed that way.

Setup was super easy…powered on and pulled up the app and got right into speed training.

It does take a bit of time to be ready for the next swing.  Would like it to be a little quicker (I was ready to swing again before the unit was ready), but this just gives a little extra rest.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

4 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I think if I tried playing a simulated round at RNK the launch monitor would laugh at me. 

Good stuff so far everyone! 

I’m afraid that the y it might just shut off in the middle of the round due to how bad it can get!  I’m not sure what I ever did to @cnosil to recommend that course!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

My little one had soccer practice tonight, so I took the Rapsodo along and did my first full Superspeed workout tonight…already feeling it.  Swing speeds were better than what I saw during my initial check.

IMG_5311.png.b64afc4529d2dd975deaa68b0def9449.png

106 mph max at the end…super impressed with the numbers @Owengeorge13 put up, WOW!  I felt like I was swinging out of my shoes at these speeds.  More training is needed.

The RH swings felt awkward (one note, I play LH but I write/throw RH…so I’m a mess!).  I can swing RH it’s just not natural, but was fairly happy with the speed that way.

Setup was super easy…powered on and pulled up the app and got right into speed training.

It does take a bit of time to be ready for the next swing.  Would like it to be a little quicker (I was ready to swing again before the unit was ready), but this just gives a little extra rest.

After further review of the numbers I put up.  I’m not sure it read them all correctly.  We shall see early tomorrow morning what they look like.    I’ll try and post right away.

🙃

1 minute ago, Owengeorge13 said:

@TJ Hall Any luck using your IPad?  My 5 year old was in the middle of a math lesson on ours so I just used my iPhone again today.  I’m going to try and use the iPad again tomorrow morning.

The iPad we have won’t install the app…too old.  I’ve just used my phone for the last couple sessions, looking into iPads at this point, just need to convince SWMBO!

It’s for the test, I must buy it!

She did come up to the soccer practice and asked “what are those?” as I was swinging the Superspeed clubs. 

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

7 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

After further review of the numbers I put up.  I’m not sure it read them all correctly.  We shall see early tomorrow morning what they look like.    I’ll try and post right away.

Regardless of the readings, you’re my speed goal!

I didn’t have a thought on increases to begin with.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, TJ Hall said:

I’m afraid that the y it might just shut off in the middle of the round due to how bad it can get!  I’m not sure what I ever did to @cnosil to recommend that course!

🤔 well it is local to the two of you.............................. 😉

I would really like to be able to play it again, more so when my game resembles "mid-season" form, just would be quite the trip there to do it on a regular basis.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Initial post was just updated with my first impressions!

I got out for another net session and started to test through the various options one has for practice with the MLM2Pro.

Today I started with the traditional practice option. This looks a lot like the original MLM interface with the video replay of your swing and on your phone showing just the 3 metrics about the shot. As someone who does not love to video replay his swing I wanted to move on to find something else.

I then switched over to the Range option which I think will be my sweet spot. The view is a bit small on my phone but the view allows you to see all the shot metrics if you like and shows the shot path, which is what I am after with this product. To have a better understanding of where the ball is actually going when I hit into the net. You can also see the range session to the right showing either just the current club or all your shots.

IMG_3117.jpg.4066d02e9d596ed589aad5532119e893.jpg

Sorry for the lack of numbers you can't get the range view of the shot in the session summary, something I would like to see and I missed grabbing a screen shot in the session. The range will be my go to going forward for my practice view. You can still see the video replay if you like from the session at the end, but the added data and view of this is what the MLM2Pro is all about.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Rapsodo MLM2Pro - 2024 Forum Review
11 minutes ago, KeithColorado said:

After reading through all of the comments and assessments, I really want one of these!!  It looks like the perfect home setup.

It is a great affordable option for those looking to build a set up in a budget. I also hope they add in new connectors to software such as GS Pro, they do already have E6 and Awesome Golf, but GS Pro is growing and popularity and is really high quality.

Hope to have more on the accuracy in the future!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

7 minutes ago, KeithColorado said:

After reading through all of the comments and assessments, I really want one of these!!  It looks like the perfect home setup.

Everything about it so far has been really positive.  The one thing I would say is to make sure you have room/place to use it.  I can make a garage setup, but the ceiling in my garage only allows me to use up to 9 iron safely.  When putting my net outside I don’t swing as freely as I would like to.  I live in your quintessential suburban neighborhood with neighbors all around.  The fear of missing the net is always in the back of my mind. But the MLM2 is legit.  I own the Mevo as well, which is nice, but not this nice…

🙃

3 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Everything about it so far has been really positive.  The one thing I would say is to make sure you have room/place to use it.  I can make a garage setup, but the ceiling in my garage only allows me to use up to 9 iron safely.  When putting my net outside I don’t swing as freely as I would like to.  I live in your quintessential suburban neighborhood with neighbors all around.  The fear of missing the net is always in the back of my mind. But the MLM2 is legit.  I own the Mevo as well, which is nice, but not this nice…

This is the reason to move to the woods. I do have neighbors but only really in one direction so they can be avoided thankfully.

15 minutes ago, KeithColorado said:

I was looking for something that would help allow for more practice at home.  While I have some early reservations about some of the distances, the shot shapes have matched what I would expect based off of feels.  

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

5 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

I setup/take down my net every time I practice (my wife has decided parking her car in the garage is more important than my golf!), but I do have some space where a missed net wouldn’t do damage.  We have some trees and a marsh behind our house where the net faces.  No height restrictions on the swings, just have to worry about weather and darkness since it’s outside.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 minute ago, TJ Hall said:

I setup/take down my net every time I practice (my wife has decided parking her car in the garage is more important than my golf!), but I do have some space where a missed net wouldn’t do damage.  We have some trees and a marsh behind our house where the net faces.  No height restrictions on the swings, just have to worry about weather and darkness since it’s outside.

Yeah I have a similar issue there in terms of weather, but come winter I am ready for a bit of time off so that works for me personally.

32 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

It is a great affordable option for those looking to build a set up in a budget. I also hope they add in new connectors to software such as GS Pro, they do already have E6 and Awesome Golf, but GS Pro is growing and popularity and is really high quality.

Hope to have more on the accuracy in the future!

If you look up Joe Lagowski's Facebook group there's ways to do a GSPro connection but you need a fairly hefty gaming PC to do it I believe.

In other news my replacement unit should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully it fixes my connection issues. It's amazing how much I miss it for range sessions - being able to quickly see video feedback is so invaluable!

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3