How do you record your swing?

5 minutes ago, JRIG said:

I have a gadget just like this. Fits in my bag is is always handy. Works great on grass. On a mat it's good for down the line when there's grass behind, but not for face on. It's not going to work indoors. I'm looking for a light, collapsible tripod.

You can just lean the alignment rod against your bag.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Auditions ongoing 🤣

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yes. I have a tripod. I use it sometimes to check a few things. I have a net at home, and I also take the tripod to the range sometimes. 

I previously had a Jim Furyk style take away, so I like to check that I'm not reverting to that. 

18 hours ago, Bohnson said:

I just did this yesterday with the iRange. iPhone quality is pretty good for my first little rodeo dabbling into YouTube and video recording. Did not take too much time. 

you woulda made that putt if the greens weren't punched

Edited by Medfloat

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

I have a home simulator. So I use face on and DTL cams with an audio trigger in Kinovea for swing recording. I also set it up to automatically replay in slow motion until a new swing is recorded. 

I also record some of my practice sessions with OBS. I created an OBS scene that has the live cams, the slow motion replays, and the ball/club data and ball flight from whichever range software I am using at the time. 

Edited by golfer3411

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 10.5 Kai'li Blue 65S

3w: Callaway Epic Flash 14.0 Tensei Blue 75S

Hybrids: Titleist TS3 19 NKV Green 85S and TS3 23 Tour Green 85S

Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 5-P Project X IO 6.0

Wedges: Cobra King PUR 50, 54, 58 DG120S

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

10 hours ago, 70445 said:

I use a tripod and my wife records when I ask her.  I was on the Titleist site and found out the distance that was optimal and the angle (down the line and face-on) to record.  It does make somewhat of the difference on those things I mentioned.  

For the good of the group, might you share that optimal distance? Thank you in advance!

ITB:

Callaway Paradym X; Paradym Smoke AI 5i-PW, AW; Jaws Raw 56°W

I just had a Mevo+ delivered three weeks ago but have yet to learn how to do video with it, especially the Multi-Cam functionality. I also have a GpodGolf tripod (it's pretty good and has a remote trigger for simply recording with your mobile device) and I just signed up for V1 Golf for analysis.

I'm definitely down for any suggestions you all have!

ITB:

Callaway Paradym X; Paradym Smoke AI 5i-PW, AW; Jaws Raw 56°W

IMG_0016.jpeg.9026b919d5549cc41edf8da907b8b9a7.jpeg Don’t mind the rain boots during a drought, he insisted lol

I found the cheapest tripod on Amazon at the time and a friend that works at a lumber yard supplied the wood for the tee box with the scraps going to a launch monitor stand. Also I’ve shared before but a drop cloth is nearly useless as an added layer to make sure balls don’t bust through the net and into the neighbors yard. I really need to take that down 😂 

Its not much but it works for now. I hardly use my rapsodo mlm2pro for anything other than practice mode so I can use the mobile device camera. The camera on the launch monitor is too low and at a weird angle to be too useful for seeing exactly what you might want to see from down the line shots.

Edited by Coulter

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, PXG 0311 P Gen 7 irons (4-GW), 54&58 degree Sub70 246 wedges, Tommy Armour #2 wide blade putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

I don't find recording my swing all that necessary, because I have a launch monitor (SkyTrak) and can see all my numbers.   My "range" is in the garage, and it just so happens that one of the louver/shelves on the garage door on the inside is right about waist height and about 10 or 12 feet back from where I swing.  So I have just set my phone up on that and taken some slow-motion video.  But I rely more on the numbers from the SkyTrak to decide what to work on.  

----------

Wilson Staff Dynapwr Driver (TI) /  Cleveland 3+ Hy-wood (18*) / Titleist 915 7w / Callaway XR 4h / Callaway XR  5h/ Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal 7i - GW / Tommy Armour 845 CB wedges (52, 56*)/ Tommy Armour 845+ LW (60).   Wilson Staff Infinite putter (the "L" model).   SkyTrak in the Garage.  

I take my tripod with me to the range when I go and still kinda feel strange setting it up but it’s worth it for the feedback. I’m there to get better not worry about everyone else.

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, PXG 0311 P Gen 7 irons (4-GW), 54&58 degree Sub70 246 wedges, Tommy Armour #2 wide blade putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

11 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I don’t record my swing. It could look like Jim Furyk, Arnold Palmer, or Ernie Els. I’m afraid that if I looked I would try to make a change and mess myself all up. I’m playing well so I’m leaving it alone. 

However I do have a phone mount on my Motocaddy that I use. Primarily for any Forum related videos like unboxing or testing. I just position the Motocaddy where I need it and rotate the phone. 

Nice humble brag there!! 

Cheers and FORE!

Mike

Played this wonderful game for 54 years now. Still love it!

Driver - Callaway Rogue Reg shaft 10 degree (Circa 2018)

3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha 3 Metal (2014)

Hybrids - Callaway X-Hot Pro 16 and 20 degree (2014)

Irons - Callaway Apex Pro Graphite Shafts 4-A (2014)

Wedges - Callaway Mac Daddy 56 (2014) and 58 (2019)

Putter - Kayson Mallet 34" (2023)

Bags - Carry: Sun Mountain (2005) Cart: BagBoy Easy Rider Lite (2019)

Pull/Push Cart - BagBoy Compact3 (2019)

"Can't birdie them all if you don't birdie the first 2"

Use the Rapsodo MLM2Pro, love getting the swing and face impact along with the data.  Can also get a side way (don’t have a stand yet, had to have my wife help).

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I was asked what I wanted for Christmas last year and I went through the recent MGS reviews of swing analyzers. Settled on the Rapsodo MLM2Pro based on the MGS review and the price point.

Received the unit as a present and immediately put it to use in Palm Springs for our 6 week winter getaway.

My phone sits in the Rapsodo unit and I either set it on a chair a bench or on the ground. The biggest thing was trying to find the correct distance behind me to get the best down view of the ball flight.

I've been really happy with it and how it's enabled me to check in on my golf swing every month or so.

It's been a weird year for consistent results, but I have managed 130+ birdies this year with a couple eagles thrown in. Handicap went up for the first time in many years, attributed to a bunch of nagging injuries.

Play well everybody!

Cheers and FORE!

Mike

Played this wonderful game for 54 years now. Still love it!

Driver - Callaway Rogue Reg shaft 10 degree (Circa 2018)

3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha 3 Metal (2014)

Hybrids - Callaway X-Hot Pro 16 and 20 degree (2014)

Irons - Callaway Apex Pro Graphite Shafts 4-A (2014)

Wedges - Callaway Mac Daddy 56 (2014) and 58 (2019)

Putter - Kayson Mallet 34" (2023)

Bags - Carry: Sun Mountain (2005) Cart: BagBoy Easy Rider Lite (2019)

Pull/Push Cart - BagBoy Compact3 (2019)

"Can't birdie them all if you don't birdie the first 2"

Used the eze3pod today for the first time

I really like it!  Super "eze " to punch into the ground, held up really well in the wind too. Forgot to mentions, the magsafe top articulated a full 90⁰, and also rotates 360⁰

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

52 minutes ago, Henri-Martin said:

Catcheye App.  

Can’t find this app? Are you sure about the name??

Driver:  image.png.ac16a10c2b861fff646dd08647f76d1f.png 849D 9°
     Fuji ‘24 Ventus velocore+ Blue 5R
3W:  IMG_1282.jpeg.5aa87f97d80bcf4ae3205107fd0a6add.jpeg G430 MAX 15° (backordered!!)
     Hzdrus RDX Red 5.5 60g 
3 & 5Hy:  IMG_1282.jpeg.5aa87f97d80bcf4ae3205107fd0a6add.jpeg G430 19° & 26°
     Hzdrus RDX Red 5.5 70g
5-PW:  image.png.e76c3a80e959f4571ac9d38b658506a0.png 699 v2
     Mitsu MMT 80g
Wedges:  image.png.bddbadf2cd48c1b40cf591e520848ebb.png MAX milled 50° (bent to 48°), 54°, 58°
     Mitsu Kuro Kage Black 2G S/R
Putter:  image.jpeg.4a8b0ee0fbff31934a2e15fc68a7bfe7.jpeg King Supernova 20
     ArmLock AL2 grip
Ball:  image.png.10667a299706a9d7d3afd32e78f27847.png Pro Soft
Bag: image.png.1645cda6e679afe5a2659ddb2ecb59d1.png  C130

Wine is sunlight held together by water - Galileo 

11 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Used the eze3pod today for the first time

I really like it!  Super "eze " to punch into the ground, held up really well in the wind too. Forgot to mentions, the magsafe top articulated a full 90⁰, and also rotates 360⁰

Now you need a microphone so we can hear your play by play.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Auditions ongoing 🤣

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’ve been using my Irangesport Stick setup on/off the course . It’s been great using to record my rounds playing solo . 

Driver : Callaway B21 12°

Hybrid : Mizuno Clk 19°

Putter : Ping PLD Anser 2

Wedges : Titleist Vokey 50,56,60 D grind 12°

Irons : Mizuno JPX921 4-PW

Bag : Ping Traverse