Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New bag and clubs

Just got my first set of custom built clubs today and the clubs I didn't replace got new grips to so that all my clubs match. I also got a new bag because I was sick of the 14 way deviders so I got myself a 5 way devided bag. 20170615_191221.jpg20170615_191209_HDR.jpg20170615_191201_HDR.jpg20170615_162348.jpg20170615_162335.jpg20170615_162323.jpg20170615_162314.jpg20170615_162309.jpg20170615_162256.jpgThe only clubs I kept in the bag are as follows- Xr16 14* 3wood with Fujikura speeder evolution 2 xstiff shaft

Ping Iglide 56* and 60* wedges with true temper shafts got these off the shelf but I think I got stiff shafts.

Ping Scottsdale TR putter-just put super stroke on it.

I just had a set of Tom Wishon 575 MMC with pure midsize grips on True Temper S300 stiff shafts. I got a 4i made in a forged cavity back to see how I like it because I'm on the fence about getting a 3i. The 5 through A are all muscle back version of the club.

Sent from my LG-H820 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Great looking clubs. I like those pure grips too, currently have them on all my clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Thanks I hit them well at the fitter and I couldn't afford the Muira that I hit well nor the KZG I hit well. They were all close and at the range they felt great and I enjoyed the feel of the ball of the face way more than the M2 irons I had or the Callaways I used before that. Probably going to do a review on them since I don't see anyone reviewing smaller companies or even talking about them on here often.

Sharp looking sticks & bag!

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Good looking clubs!  I really don't like 14-way bags either, and Pure grips are the only ones on my clubs.  Just regripped a couple of weeks ago.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks and looking at my clubs I ordered 2 cavity backs my 4 and 5 so my original post is wrong lol sorry... Its nice seeing where my impacts were on the club before cleaning them took a little paint off of some balls at the range today.

Miboy the bag was purchased on eBay for a whopping 99 bucks.

Sweet bag u got there, love the iron designs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Beautiful irons!

Driver: Cobra King F7, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0, 9.5º

3W: Cobra King F7, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0, 14.5º

Hybrid: Callaway XR Steelhead 19º

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2, True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT, Standard lofts and lie

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3.0 50º, 54º, 58º, Tour Raw finish

Putter: Scotty Cameron Cameron & Crown Newport Mallet 1

Ball: Bridgestone B330 RXS or Titleist ProV1 or Vice Pro

Nice setup! How many pockets on the bag?

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Nice setup! How many pockets on the bag?

9 total 2 big pockets to gear on each side with 2 small ones above the big pockets. Tee pocket with a pocket that fit 3 dozen balls below that and a pocket on the front of that pocket which I put 6 marked golf balls. The back has a pocket where I put gloves and my cigar cutter and lighter with a big pouch below that I keep my shoes in.

Nice set up! I am thinking of getting fit for a set of Wishon 575 myself this summer. I have an appointment with a recommended fitter here in Iowa.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Might also take a look at the 565MC

Definitely thinking about the 565 for long irons. Was going to let the fitter tell me what he thought was best.

I play a pretty minimal iron currently (Ancient Maxfli Revolutions) which I hit really well, but you can never have too much help in the 4-5 neighborhood.

I am a believer in playing the most forgiving iron I can stand the sight of plus all of the PING pros right now are playing the 200s so little ol' me can surely do with a more forgiving iron. I actually played some 70's rounds with the Mizzy JPX EZ but I could never get comfortable with the chunkiness of those clubs.

Planning on getting Wishon irons and wedges. But the fitter is also big on PXG (he only fits Wishon, Miura, PXG).

My marriage or PXG - going to have to think about that (plus I don't buy all of the PXG hype anyway - cool innovation in how the clubs are built though)

The guy I got fitter by sells Wishon, Muira, and KZG clubs mostly with a few others mixed it. I actually liked the feel of the 575 cavity back that I got in 4 and 5 iron. They do not look like a typical cavity back which fits my eye but they do have a noce forgiving feel to them. That was at the range lets see today how I hit them on a course with lots of elevation changes.

That's a real nice setup. Never had Wishon irons but have heard nothing but great things. Enjoy!

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Nice sticks!! Have a fun, good way to start the golf season.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I thought I read somewhere that Wishon said the effectiveness of perimeter weighting and other forgiveness tech tends to fall off around the 8 iron loft. I'm trying to talk myself into believing it's true so I can get some 575 muscle backs 8-A.

We shall see

Just got my first set of custom built clubs today and the clubs I didn't replace got new grips to so that all my clubs match. I also got a new bag because I was sick of the 14 way deviders so I got myself a 5 way devided bag. attachicon.gif20170615_191221.jpgattachicon.gif20170615_191209_HDR.jpgattachicon.gif20170615_191201_HDR.jpgattachicon.gif20170615_162348.jpgattachicon.gif20170615_162335.jpgattachicon.gif20170615_162323.jpgattachicon.gif20170615_162314.jpgattachicon.gif20170615_162309.jpgattachicon.gif20170615_162256.jpgThe only clubs I kept in the bag are as follows- Xr16 14* 3wood with Fujikura speeder evolution 2 xstiff shaft

Ping Iglide 56* and 60* wedges with true temper shafts got these off the shelf but I think I got stiff shafts.

Ping Scottsdale TR putter-just put super stroke on it.

I just had a set of Tom Wishon 575 MMC with pure midsize grips on True Temper S300 stiff shafts. I got a 4i made in a forged cavity back to see how I like it because I'm on the fence about getting a 3i. The 5 through A are all muscle back version of the club.

Glad to see another Wishon man here. I don't see many.

I've been playing the 771csi for almost 3 years and absolutely love them. I also recently purchased a set for KZG forged blades and cavity forged irons. I haven't had time to send them to my fitter yet but looking forward to playing them in the fall perhaps.

By the way... where do you live and who is your fitter?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Glad to see another Wishon man here. I don't see many.

I've been playing the 771csi for almost 3 years and absolutely love them. I also recently purchased a set for KZG forged blades and cavity forged irons. I haven't had time to send them to my fitter yet but looking forward to playing them in the fall perhaps.

By the way... where do you live and who is your fitter?

His name is Jerry and he owns a shop in Bethlehem PA. His shop is Club makers shop. Very nice guy and he has been doing it for 31 or 32 years.

• 4 weeks later...

YUP those irons look fantastic I would like to try those wishon irons one day.

:callaway-small: rouge subzero Fujikura Evo 2 shaft

:titelist-small:  F2  3 wood Mitsubishi rayon 

:titelist-small:  818.21 hybrid Even flow black

Ben Hogan irons apex 4 shafts 

:mizuno-small: S18 wedges 50/54/58

:titelist-small:  Cameron and Crown M1

• 1 month later...

I like them a lot it's different and I have to adjust with them since there is no real technology to them I seem to hit them a half club to a club shorter. Still learning them but it sucks hitting a 7 iron 165 instead of 175.

Is that a loft issue or are you actually hitting a club shorter at the same loft spec as your old irons?

I have a meeting with my fitter tomorrow. I played nine holes tonight and absolutely pured both my 4 and 5 irons into 2 separate greens (but couldn't convert the birdie!) so you can imagine I have an idea of what I want but I am going to let the fitter take the wheel initially.

Sharp looking bag and setup. I just ordered a 5 way stand bag. My only other carry bag has a 3 way. And things get a bit crowded

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Is that a loft issue or are you actually hitting a club shorter at the same loft spec as your old irons?

I have a meeting with my fitter tomorrow. I played nine holes tonight and absolutely pured both my 4 and 5 irons into 2 separate greens (but couldn't convert the birdie!) so you can imagine I have an idea of what I want but I am going to let the fitter take the wheel initially.

Lofts a slightly different but these being blades compared to GI irons I account that for the yardage loss more than anything.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Archived