Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TaylorMade Spider Putter with Blast Technology

Golfspy_CG2

Just to give you all one SMALL glimpse into some of the data the Blast captures, here is a screen shot showing just a few of the onscreen data captured during a putting stroke.

Folks, there is SO much data that the Blast captures, as you can see, one REALLY needs a pro trained on the device to work with so as to put the numbers to use.

Again, I think a miss by TM as folks will buy this putter, have the data, and be frustrated with the amount of info, and no application.

Great sell job by Blast!!! Although, customer dissatisfaction with the tech may hurt long-term.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

So Kieldog, you and your pro use this Blast tech as a base for lessons and that's fantastic, but have you seen any appreciative difference or gains in your game with this mountain of data, or does this just reinforce things about your game that you already knew? Reason I'm asking is that I'm all for people knowing more about the swing, but if it hasn't helped them lower their scores in a concrete way, I don't see how this is going to be effective and purposeful technology for most golfers.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I had a weird dream last night that I went to the local golf shop and they had these in stock and in lefty. Hit like two putts and then I woke up.

It was weird.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I had a weird dream last night that I went to the local golf shop and they had these in stock and in lefty. Hit like two putts and then I woke up.

It was weird.

Gotta love those golf dreams! How did it feel? Like the technology?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Gotta love those golf dreams! How did it feel? Like the technology?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Only thing I remember is that it made a loud “TING!” noise, almost as if I was hitting a driver haha.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Only thing I remember is that it made a loud “TING!” noise, almost as if I was hitting a driver haha.

17 more yards!

Sent from my LG-G5 using the MyGolfSpy mobile app.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I don't see how this is going to be effective and purposeful technology for most golfers.

I'll add my opinion based on what I have done with using puttlab. I think the concepts are the same, this just allows you to cost effectively way to maintain your stroke and evaluate your detailed stroke information.

Some people don't want this level of detail, they just want to be given the right putter. Others, like myself, want to understand the details. The details help me self evaluate based on numbers just like people who want launch monitors to evaluate their full swing performance. Some are fine on a launch monitor and some want to see actual ball flight and don't care about actual numbers

I personally would use this based on a properly fit putter and then use the tool to monitor that I am not changing my stroke over time and ensuring that I am becoming more consistent hitting my ideal numbers.

I have found that seeing my numbers on tools like puttlab, iPing, or blast improve my score because it provides measurable practice and I know I am making a good stroke that I can replicate over time.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'll add my opinion based on what I have done with using puttlab. I think the concepts are the same, this just allows you to cost effectively way to maintain your stroke and evaluate your detailed stroke information.

I personally would use this based on a properly fit putter and then use the tool to monitor that I am not changing my stroke over time and ensuring that I am becoming more consistent hitting my ideal numbers.

Absolutely agree with this. I have both a SwingByte 2 and the 3bays GSA Putt, and the most useful element of both is the specific feedback that tells you if you are drifting away from the stroke you intend to be making. I suspect all of us have had occasions in which we've felt that we've "lost" our putting stroke. Having a gadget that can tell you what's different can be immensely helpful to getting that back on track more quickly.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I subscribe to Dave Stockton's method of putting so all of this technology would be pointless to me. The only thing I see it being useful for is putter fitting.

Getting caught up in the mechanics of the putting stroke is a recipe for disaster

Support you 100% on this. The use of this data and analysis isn't for everyone. It fits with how I learn and improve; I like to break things down and dive into the details. That doesn't mean I focus on mechanics when actually playing. The mechanics help me ingrain the feel of the putting stroke.

My putting instructor told me that pros are the same way. Some want to see numbers and others don't want anything to do with seeing the details.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Technology is important in a putter... Important reason for choosing it, but tech is not important for perfecting a stroke? Hmm.

Launch monitor numbers for improving a swing, strike, maxing performance of irons, hybrids, fairways, and drivers, knowing swing path, etc, but not for a putter and improving the stroke. Hmm.

There can definitely be paralysis by analysis, but how does one know they're adding or subtracting loft in their putting stroke? How does one know they're missing because they're rotating the clubface? Data... Tech.

All opinion, I get it, and I use the device and data so I'm likely biased, but it just doesn't mesh that tech is so important in every aspect from choosing a ball to TrackMan for swing improvement, but for improving a putting stroke or analyzing causes of misses it isn't because it's putting.

I get the argument, used to be there too!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Can it read the break and speed and swing the putter for me? If not, it ain't for me. Let me know when I can use a robot to hit my putts

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I would think it would be helpful with the right person, meaning knowledgeable helping me understand what the info means and what to do or not do with  it.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So Kieldog, you and your pro use this Blast tech as a base for lessons and that's fantastic, but have you seen any appreciative difference or gains in your game with this mountain of data, or does this just reinforce things about your game that you already knew? Reason I'm asking is that I'm all for people knowing more about the swing, but if it hasn't helped them lower their scores in a concrete way, I don't see how this is going to be effective and purposeful technology for most golfers.

It's purposeful for all golfers, but all golfers won't have a pro help them use the data.

When looking to improve putting, reducing strokes per round, what would qualify as “improvement”? I can probably look to honestly save 3 stokes per round, on average, by improving my putting. To stop pulling, or rotating my face, or increasing loft, etc discovered by my Pro watching video and seeing my numbers, then giving me drills for the changes, I think this will happen. But by when??? Well, that depends on me doing drills and improving my stroke, the device doesn't just “cure” the ills.

Everyone probably has a different idea of what “concrete results are”, so my goals may be different than yours, and thus if the product is “worth it”...

Aimpoint helped me immensely. Lots of folks say, “Bah! Humbug,” to Aimpoint... I think Blast will be an extension of that improvement and take me further in my putting. I really do think this would be the same for all, again, if they have a coach who's been trained and can guide the golfer.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Archived