Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been Play this game...I guess going into my 50th season...Started @ 4 Y/O

What do you love about golf?

That it's filled with some of the greatest story tellers and mostly honest and salt of the earth people I know...And they let me win occasionally 😉

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Looking for different - better ways to read about, review & get information that's not bought by manufacturers!! I'm sure I know a few here, but havn't reached out to them yet.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Minnesota & occasionally AZ Legacy Golf Faribault MN & Ocotillo Chandler AZ

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best, summer nights putting at dusk with friend & Worst...Winter

What do you do for a living?

Own a direct mail company with my brother.

How’d you pick your user name?

I use to be a teaching pro and that was my business name. Been using it for over 20 years for club repair as well.

No Missouri? I thought it said Midwest? Those states are more Mideast/midnorthern.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

38 minutes ago, Brewmaster said:

No Missouri? I thought it said Midwest? Those states are more Mideast/midnorthern.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Missouri.jpg.bfa2e611e08eebf06c35e1ce8b43b980.jpg

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array F-2

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been hitting golf balls since I was in 1st grade but I did not get serious about golf until the end of high school.  My handicap is between a 4 - 7 depending on the course and time of year.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love being outside, hanging out with my friends, and the feeling of hitting good shots.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I found MyGolfSpy through instagram and who doesn't want to be part of a golf nut forum.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I am from Warren, MI and my home course is Burning Tree CC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing is we have alot of beautiful golf courses in Michigan, but the bad thing is we can only play for 5 - 6 months before the winter hits.

6. What do you do for a living?  I work in Quality Control.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I use to caddy at a country club and my name tag said Caddie13 so it just stuck.

40 minutes ago, Caddie13 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been hitting golf balls since I was in 1st grade but I did not get serious about golf until the end of high school.  My handicap is between a 4 - 7 depending on the course and time of year.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love being outside, hanging out with my friends, and the feeling of hitting good shots.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I found MyGolfSpy through instagram and who doesn't want to be part of a golf nut forum.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I am from Warren, MI and my home course is Burning Tree CC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing is we have alot of beautiful golf courses in Michigan, but the bad thing is we can only play for 5 - 6 months before the winter hits.

6. What do you do for a living?  I work in Quality Control.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I use to caddy at a country club and my name tag said Caddie13 so it just stuck.

Welcome from a fellow Michigander!

Someday we'll get rid of this snow...

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I've been playing golf since I was....12, I believe. 1982. I wanted to take lessons through the local summer rec program in my town and my parents found some used clubs at a garage sale and that's what I started with.

The ability to go out and enjoy the outdoors. Green grass, (mostly) open fairways. Escaping to a different place where you have to use your mind and body together to play well.

I don't know any other Spies. I follow MyGolfSpy on IG and watch some of their videos.

I'm in Stillwater, Minnesota. As far east in Minnesota without going into Wisconsin. I'd say currently my home course is Loggers Trail.

Best: doesn't get very hot for a long time in the summer. Worst: the never-ending winters, like this one (2018-2019).

I do production art during the day, and am a part-time professional golf course photographer.

First name, last initial and the state I live in.

TaylorMade SIM2 10.5
TaylorMade SIM2 3 Hybrid
Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood
Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-PW
Ben Hogan Equalizer II 50/54/58
TaylorMade Spider X

www.parkergolfphotography.com

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve played golf for 25 yrs. my handicap is around a 10, up from 5 last year because of swing issues. I took lessons for the first time this winter and think I’m on my way back

2. What do you love about golf? I love creating golf shots. I’ll take a 130yd punch hook 6 iron over a 300yd drive any day

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love reading the content. It’s a great resource

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Flint Mi, I’m a nomad

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The season is too short! Our resort courses offer the best value in the country IMO

6. What do you do for a living? Finance

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nothing creative unfortunately 

Hi everyone!

- I've been golfing since I was 12 or so, so that makes 20+ years. I currently have a 3.9 hcp and working on going lower.

- It used to be something I did with my dad. I have other family that golfs and that is fun. I never really had that golf buddy, someone that held the same skill and passion for the game. So for now I play early mornings for the solace and competition against myself.

- For MSG, I just caught the ad on Facebook one day and signed up. I don't know any other spies :(

- I live in Cleveland, Ohio's west suburbs. My home course is Cossett Creek, but i'll play anywhere within an hour or so.

- We are actually spoiled with over 100 public courses within an hour of me. The worst thing is the rain more than snow. Last year's golf season was cut short by 2 months.

- I work for a law firm, not a lawyer though. I do technical support and legal/conflicts research

- Super original user with name and a number.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

[mention=72853]MaxEntropy[/mention] [mention=12972]MattF[/mention] Yes! I'm definitely in once this weather clears up! Hoping for a couple 50 degree days soon - get some outside range work in ! 
I play Sable quite a bit, really awesome course.. Not as tree lined as Windmill. 
I love Windmill. Never played Sable, but I go to Seven Hills every other year or so.

Take Dead Aim

16 hours ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

I love Windmill. Never played Sable, but I go to Seven Hills every other year or so.

Great, another body for a few Ohio outings! 👍

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Great, another body for a few Ohio outings!

Don't forget Pine Hills in Hinckley!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Don't forget Pine Hills in Hinckley!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Somehow ive missed that one... heard from everybody it's a gem.

Take Dead Aim

1. How long have you been playing golf? What's your handicap or normal score? 

I have been playing golf since my Dad introduced me to the game at the age of 11. I was fortunate enough to play golf in college for 2 years until making the decisions to focus on my studies. Current handicap I am carrying is a 6.

2. What do you love about golf?

The thing I love about this crazy game is your always battling yourself. I love the competition, battling inner demons, and different course setups/conditions.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

This is a unique forum application which allows you to connect with like mind individuals about the vast knowledge base of golf. Also protects you from all the background noise in this industry. I do not know any other Spies, let's change that!

4. Where are you from? What's your home course?

I am from the Youngstown, Ohio region from a small town called Vienna. Got married last year and now reside in Cleveland, Ohio, aka Believeland. My home course is Avalon Lakes Golf and Country Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best thing about golf in Ohio is the vast amount of courses and different layouts. The worse thing is obviously our winters are very long so you have to be committed to getting better in your downtime. 

6. What do you do for a living?

I am a physical therapist and also a TPI certified professional. Looking to become a Certified Golf Coach really soon. 

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Combination of my passion and twitter handle. 

Driver: EPIC Speed 10.5, Fujikura Blue Ventus 6X

Fairway: Callaway Rougue ST, 15 Fujikura Ventus  7x    Hybrid: G410 Mitsubishi Tensei Orange X stiff

Irons: 4-6 P790s, Project X LZ 6.5     7-GW: 770s, Project X LZ 6.5

Wedges: SM9s -  54.12M    58.12.D   Shaft: KBS-Tour c-taper stiff 

Putter: Odyssey White HOT OG #7s Stroke Lab 36"

Ball: Titleist PROV-1 

On 3/9/2019 at 6:03 PM, Tsmithjr9 said:

Somehow ive missed that one... heard from everybody it's a gem.

Played there last June - my son bought a round of golf as a father's day present. I think it rivals many private clubs and was in great overall condition. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Played there last June - my son bought a round of golf as a father's day present. I think it rivals many private clubs and was in great overall condition. 
Heard that from lots of people. Maybe this is the year to make that my splurge round.

Where else do you play?

Take Dead Aim

Hey everyone,

I have been playing golf for 4 years. My handicap is 4 and I usually shoot between 70 and 76. 

I love the mental toughness and self belief that golf demands.  My favorite part is you can always get better.

I joined MyGolfSpy because I love talking golf with others who are passionate about the game. I do not know any other Spies.

I am from Sterling, IL and my home course is Emerald Hill Golf Course.

The best part about golf in my area is that the summers are gorgeous and warm, the worst part is that winter stays until around March.

I play golf at Aurora University where I am a student.

I picked my username because it is part of my email.

P.S. I co-host a podcast that covers the PGA Tour and all things golf that we do strictly for fun that some of you might like. It's called Putting with the Flag In and it is on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. Spotify link below:

Edited by oldsnick01
Wanted to add podcast information

Hey everyone,
I have been playing golf for 4 years. My handicap is 4 and I usually shoot between 70 and 76. 
I love the mental toughness and self belief that golf demands.  My favorite part is you can always get better.
I joined MyGolfSpy because I love talking golf with others who are passionate about the game. I do not know any other Spies.
I am from Sterling, IL and my home course is Emerald Hill Golf Course.
The best part about golf in my area is that the summers are gorgeous and warm, the worst part is that winter stays until around March.
I play golf at Aurora University where I am a student.
I picked my username because it is part of my email.
P.S. I co-host a podcast that covers the PGA Tour and all things golf that we do strictly for fun that some of you might like. It's called Putting with the Flag In and it is on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. Spotify link below:
[/url]  

Welcome to MGS!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

• 2 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? 25 years
What’s your handicap or normal score? 13

What do you love about golf? Everything

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I love the reviews of all the golf stuff!
Do you already know any other Spies?no

Where are you from? Columbus, Ohio
What is your home course?rattlesnake ridge

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worst, rain and winter - best, all the great courses!

What do you do for a living?IT

How’d you pick your user name? nickname

1. Hi guys, I’ve been playing golf since I was around 15, so for about 14 years. My handicap has been rising up to a 14 now since I’ve been working more and more. 

2. I love playing golf, reading about golf, and watching golf. The game is captivating for me because it’s ultimately you vs. you. Along with the camaraderie while playing with friends and having a beer after the round, I enjoy just being outside and trying to golf my ball. 

3. I stumbled upon MGS while researching clubs and technology that could help me. I’ve never been fit but plan to get fit soon. 

4. I’m from south Alabama but just moved to Akron. Haven’t found a home course yet.

5. So far, adjusting to the off season of playing golf in the Midwest, it seems to be pretty good as far as courses go and some of the people I’ve met around the Columbus area. 

6.  I am currently working for AEP on the smart meter project for Ohio. 

7.  My username is fairly even keel. Much like myself. Just my name. 

On 2/15/2019 at 8:01 AM, MattF said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I mucked around with golf for about 2 years way back in 1987 and 1988, then gave it away. I started playing again in 2005 when I married my wife and needed something to "bond" with my FIL. I'm currently about a 16 and my scores and go from high 80's to low 100's depending on how crap I play at the time.

2. What do you love about golf?

It's hard, nothing worth doing is ever easy. You play against the course and it's all on yourself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I can't remember, it's been a while. I think I saw an article, then saw that there was a forum so I joined in and like an STD, never really left.

I do now and have quite a few rounds now with some of them...always a good time.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I grew up in Sydney, Australia and moved to the US in 2005 to marry my wife. We currently live in Tallmadge, OH and plan on moving south in about 7 or so years. I now have a membership to Windmill Lakes Golf Club in Ravenna, so that's my home course...something I never thought I'd say.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best is that it's still fairly cheap to play here compared to other states. The worst is the fact that we can only really play for 6-7 months of the year, or even less if you don't like the cold.

6. What do you do for a living?

Work for local government with dreams of being a bar owner in Florida.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Put 2 and 2 together...

I live in Akron now and was thinking of giving Windmill a shot. Do they do club fittings there or where at around here is a good place to go for that?

6 hours ago, SmithC said:

I live in Akron now and was thinking of giving Windmill a shot. Do they do club fittings there or where at around here is a good place to go for that?

Yes they do fittings, you could also go to Foxy Golf.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I got a driver fitting at Windmill in Macedonia. Great experience.

Take Dead Aim

So I first started playing golf about 4 years ago now and have been more of a weekend warrior up until now so my handicap hangs around the +15-20 generally. Hoping to bump that down this season.

Honestly, it’s one of the hardest sports I’ve ever attempted and that’s what drew me in and now I just love having a reason to get some buddies, go out and play 9 or 18 and just have a good time. Literally nothing to worry about other than nature and water hazards.

What brings/brought you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I believe I initially joined MGS in 2015 or 2016 when I saw they were looking for testers for I think a new driver. I stuck around past that and the rest is kind of history. I’ve never met any other Spy in person, but I’ve communicated with several different spies, including some living in the same area.

I currently reside in Fort Wayne, IN and don’t have any particular “home course”. I just play any public course around my area from Whispering Creek to Eagle Glen to Raccoon Run or Chestnut Hills. Wherever they have an open tee time.

Obviously being from the Midwest, golf is a March-November sport if you’re lucky which stinks, but there are countless courses around the area. I can think of 10 off the top of my head within at least 25 miles of my house, so the choices are a big perk to my area.

I am currently working as a home hospice registered nurse. So my patients are terminally ill, and my job is to ensure they are comfortable during the end of their life. Being able to provide that care in the comfort of their homes is an even bigger perk to the process, and I love being a part of such an important time in my patient’s lives and their family’s.

How’d you pick your username?

Okay so this isn’t a very fun question, but it was the username I was given when I started school at IU Bloomington (first three letters of first name, middle initial, first four letters of last name) and it just stuck for me as a username.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

On 2/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Midwest Region

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? Around 27 years. What’s your handicap or normal score? Mid 70s to low 80s

2. What do you love about golf? Everything! Being outdoors and being able to escape the real world for a few hours every time I tee it up!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? A friendnreferred me. Do you already know any other Spies? John Gysbers

4. Where are you from? Wisconsin What is your home course? University Ridge in Verona, WI

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best --> WI has alot of great courses and isnquickly becoming a golf destination. Worst -> winter and snow!

6. What do you do for a living? Work for the USDA

7. How’d you pick your user name? nickname 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading MyGolfSpy for a while but didn't stumbled across the intro threads until now -- great to read up on fellow spies! Here's my info:

I've been playing golf for as long as I can remember -  my earliest memories are going to the club with my dad in the evening and teeing off from the 150 marker (I was probably 6 at the time, I'm now 34). We played occasionally in our earlier years, but starting playing more often and trying to take it seriously in middle school - we joined a club that was about a mile away, stashed our clubs there for the season, and rode our bikes to the course almost every day. I played in High School (thought I was good), went on to play D-III in Rochester, NY (realized I was not good), took a few years off, and went back to casual, more fun golf. 

I'm now a 3 handicap officially, but to be honest, it feels worse than that. Occasionally I'll get down in the low 70s, but most rounds are in the 77-83 range -- those scores from the tips at "difficult" courses lead to my index being 2.8 (if we played up a set of tees, I'd probably shoot identical scores and be a 4-5 index...but the tips are fun). We have a 6 month old now, so I'm expecting the handicap to slowly rise this year. 

Even a frustrating day on the golf course is relaxing to me now that I rarely try to compete (occasional scrambles and trying my hand at the city tournament are the closest things I've had to competitive rounds in the last few years). It's a great way to get to know people, spend time with friends, get outdoor time, get in a quick workout, and it's a challenge - you can always do better, and I love chasing better scores. 

I've read quite a few MyGolfSpy reviews in the past, some of which have actually influenced which products I've purchased. I didn't join the forum until (I think) last year -- to be honest, I was enticed by one of the test opportunities, which forced me to get a forum login. I love trying new products, and am looking to be a more active member this season to share my reviews and opinions.  

I've been in Madison, WI for the last 10 years. I grew up outside of Utica, NY. This year, my home course is Cherokee Country Club, but only because I got a steal of a membership in a charity auction (it's on the wrong side of town - will be tough to get out there often, but hard to pass up the price). We normally play courses on Madison's West Side. 

Madison is somewhat of a sleeper of a golf town. Madison itself has some great courses that you can play without being a member (notably University Ridge, Legend at Bergamont, Hawk's Landing are all solid layouts that are kept in great condition; The Oaks can be a fun course as well, but I'm not a huge fan). Private courses here are OK, with only a couple really being worth the price (obviously that's my opinion - if I were to pick a place to join, it would be Nakoma). In addition to that, there are a ton of great golf courses within a couple hours of Madison, leaving our options open for playing world class (public) golf without missing much time at home -- day trips are possible at places like Sand Valley/Mammoth Dunes, Erin Hills, Whistling Straits/Blackwolf Run, Cog Hill, and a couple others. 

Healthcare IT

It's an inside joke within our group of friends. Everyone has some "C-Suite" title. Apparently the trend isn't picking up considering I've been able to snag ChiefMikeOfficer on every social media platform and e-mail domain I've checked. 

Bonus

My friends and I are on a quest to play the Top 100 Public Golf Courses in the US. Most of our buddies trips are focused on that. But...we don't have strict guidelines -- I'm currently tracking both the Golf Digest and Golf Magazine lists that came out a couple years ago, and might track this year's lists right alongside it. When we finish one of them, it'll feel like an accomplishment, but keeping track of multiple lists lets it go on longer. Currently I'm at 19-20 depending on the list. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

I've been reading MyGolfSpy for a while but didn't stumbled across the intro threads until now -- great to read up on fellow spies! Here's my info:

I've been playing golf for as long as I can remember -  my earliest memories are going to the club with my dad in the evening and teeing off from the 150 marker (I was probably 6 at the time, I'm now 34). We played occasionally in our earlier years, but starting playing more often and trying to take it seriously in middle school - we joined a club that was about a mile away, stashed our clubs there for the season, and rode our bikes to the course almost every day. I played in High School (thought I was good), went on to play D-III in Rochester, NY (realized I was not good), took a few years off, and went back to casual, more fun golf. 

I'm now a 3 handicap officially, but to be honest, it feels worse than that. Occasionally I'll get down in the low 70s, but most rounds are in the 77-83 range -- those scores from the tips at "difficult" courses lead to my index being 2.8 (if we played up a set of tees, I'd probably shoot identical scores and be a 4-5 index...but the tips are fun). We have a 6 month old now, so I'm expecting the handicap to slowly rise this year. 

Even a frustrating day on the golf course is relaxing to me now that I rarely try to compete (occasional scrambles and trying my hand at the city tournament are the closest things I've had to competitive rounds in the last few years). It's a great way to get to know people, spend time with friends, get outdoor time, get in a quick workout, and it's a challenge - you can always do better, and I love chasing better scores. 

I've read quite a few MyGolfSpy reviews in the past, some of which have actually influenced which products I've purchased. I didn't join the forum until (I think) last year -- to be honest, I was enticed by one of the test opportunities, which forced me to get a forum login. I love trying new products, and am looking to be a more active member this season to share my reviews and opinions.  

I've been in Madison, WI for the last 10 years. I grew up outside of Utica, NY. This year, my home course is Cherokee Country Club, but only because I got a steal of a membership in a charity auction (it's on the wrong side of town - will be tough to get out there often, but hard to pass up the price). We normally play courses on Madison's West Side. 

Madison is somewhat of a sleeper of a golf town. Madison itself has some great courses that you can play without being a member (notably University Ridge, Legend at Bergamont, Hawk's Landing are all solid layouts that are kept in great condition; The Oaks can be a fun course as well, but I'm not a huge fan). Private courses here are OK, with only a couple really being worth the price (obviously that's my opinion - if I were to pick a place to join, it would be Nakoma). In addition to that, there are a ton of great golf courses within a couple hours of Madison, leaving our options open for playing world class (public) golf without missing much time at home -- day trips are possible at places like Sand Valley/Mammoth Dunes, Erin Hills, Whistling Straits/Blackwolf Run, Cog Hill, and a couple others. 

Healthcare IT

It's an inside joke within our group of friends. Everyone has some "C-Suite" title. Apparently the trend isn't picking up considering I've been able to snag ChiefMikeOfficer on every social media platform and e-mail domain I've checked. 

Bonus

My friends and I are on a quest to play the Top 100 Public Golf Courses in the US. Most of our buddies trips are focused on that. But...we don't have strict guidelines -- I'm currently tracking both the Golf Digest and Golf Magazine lists that came out a couple years ago, and might track this year's lists right alongside it. When we finish one of them, it'll feel like an accomplishment, but keeping track of multiple lists lets it go on longer. Currently I'm at 19-20 depending on the list. 

Welcome. I’ve played quite a few courses in the Madison area. Actually played Pleasantview in Middleton just last year.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array F-2

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

11 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Healthcare IT

Bonus

Welcome to MGS!

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch