Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

19 hours ago, OdinSnipes414 said:

You are now the second Koogs Ik unless you are into Pokémon and sports cards.

I am into Pokemon, but not much into sports cards 🤣

Edited by koogs
Typo

WITB

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth Plus 10.5, HZRDS Smoke Red Stiff

3w- Callaway FT-Iz

4h- Adams Ideatech V3

Irons- Cobra Aerojet 5-PW, KBS $-Taper Stiff 120 

SW- Cleveland RTX 3 56 deg

LW- Vokey SM4 58 deg

P- Odyssey White Hot Pro 1 Blade

Ball- Srixon Z-Star XV

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing since I was a kid. My grandparents got me into the game. Right now I am a 15. Took lessons for the first time this off-season and am hoping to break single digits this season.
  2. What do you love about golf? I love that it's just me and the course. I bought a push cart this year, and have really enjoyed walking the course after riding for a long time, brings me back to being a kid.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found MyGolfSpy while looking for a golf ball to play consistently. I don't know any other Spies at this point.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm originally from Superior, WI and grew up playing Nemadji. Lived in Chicagoland for awhile and played all over the northwest suburbs. I've been in Minnesota the last ten years and play mostly in the Twin Cities southwest metro. Most frequent courses are Hazeltine (hah, I wish, but I did get to play it for the first time last year) Deer Run, Chaska Town Course, Dahlgreen, Shadowbrooke, league at Pioneer Creek.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best part about golf in the Twin Cities is the large number of high quality public courses. I've never considered a membership anywhere because there are so many nice courses to play. The worst part is the length of the season. In a good year country courses are open in April and stay open thru October. Nicer courses trim almost a month in spring and a couple weeks in fall.

6. What do you do for a living? I am an Engineering Manager. My team is a mix of Control System Engineers and Project Managers focused on industrial automation.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I didn't think about anything clever, it's just my name.

Edited by SpencerKelly

Dr: :taylormade-small: Stealth 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: M4 - 3W 15°, 5W 18°

4i-PW: MacGregor MT86 OS

50.08F/54.10S/60.08M: :vokey-small:

Pu: :ping-small: Ketsch Counter Balance

Ball: :Snell: MTB Prime

Pushcart: :Clicgear: 4.0

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

Other: :Arccos:

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Started playing in the 80's. But haven't played in about 20 years. 100 is a good day.

• What do you love about golf? Being with friends having some fun.

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Getting back into golf, looking for information on clubs. Did a search for golf forums and this site popped up. Not sure yet if I know anyone here.

• Where are you from? What is your home course? Wisconsin. Course I played the most would be Lake Breeze in Winneconne.

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Not sure.

• What do you do for a living? Own a bowling alley.

• How’d you pick your user name? Nothing too creative. My name.

Edited by Jack Z

You might not know anyone here but you will get to know us. Im from Milwaukee. where is said bowling alley.

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

9 hours ago, Jack Z said:

In Neenah.

Everyone knows Neenah, it's on the manhole covers! I powerlifted there once back in the day as well.

Hey Midwest! First time caller! I joined a week or two ago and am working my way through the forums, and found this intro thread. So here it goes! I look forward to meeting other Spies!

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    • I have been playing golf since about 6th grade - I learned that moving to 7th grade I could join a team, so I got started. With the exception of a break during college & my early twenties, I have been playing ever since! Back then when I played daily I got into the high 70s, low 80s in scores. Today, playing about weekly I have about a 15 handicap, averaging about 90 or so. 
  • What do you love about golf?
    • I love the game! It feeds my perfectionism side, where every shot matters! Sometimes that bites me though and ruins a round! Ha.
  • What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    • The reviews and authenticity of the reviews! I was searching for the differences between golf balls and found MGS's ball lab. Then from a fellow Spy, I learned about the forum, and immeidately got started!
  • Where are you from? What is your home course?
    • Fishers, IN - Purgatory Golf Club
  • What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    • Best - cooler springs & falls for golf! Worst - the winters! Golf from December to February is hard to play! 
  • What do you do for a living?
    • Software Engineer
  • How’d you pick your user name?
    • Q22 has always been my gamertag. So I have begun adopting it to ther usernames.

Driver: TaylorMade M6, stiff, 9°, 45.75"

3W: Lazrus 3 Wood, regular, 15°, 43.5"

3H: Lazrus 3 Hybrid, regular, 18°, 40.75"

5i-PW,AW: TaylorMade M6, steel (PW-43.5°, AW-49° [both 36.00"-D1/C9])

52°W: Lazrus, 52°, 8°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

56°W: Lazrus, 56°, 12°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

60°W: Lazrus, 60°, 10°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydroblast, 35", Flow Neck #9 (21° toe hang), KBS Chrome C-Taper Stepless Stability, Superstroke Gtr 1.0 grip

Ball: TaylorMade TP5x, Titleist Pro V1x, experimenting with Snell & Vice

Bag: testing - Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway walking bag (active review post link)

10 hours ago, Q22Golf said:

Hey Midwest! First time caller! I joined a week or two ago and am working my way through the forums, and found this intro thread. So here it goes! I look forward to meeting other Spies!

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    • I have been playing golf since about 6th grade - I learned that moving to 7th grade I could join a team, so I got started. With the exception of a break during college & my early twenties, I have been playing ever since! Back then when I played daily I got into the high 70s, low 80s in scores. Today, playing about weekly I have about a 15 handicap, averaging about 90 or so. 
  • What do you love about golf?
    • I love the game! It feeds my perfectionism side, where every shot matters! Sometimes that bites me though and ruins a round! Ha.
  • What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    • The reviews and authenticity of the reviews! I was searching for the differences between golf balls and found MGS's ball lab. Then from a fellow Spy, I learned about the forum, and immeidately got started!
  • Where are you from? What is your home course?
    • Fishers, IN - Purgatory Golf Club
  • What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    • Best - cooler springs & falls for golf! Worst - the winters! Golf from December to February is hard to play! 
  • What do you do for a living?
    • Software Engineer
  • How’d you pick your user name?
    • Q22 has always been my gamertag. So I have begun adopting it to ther usernames.

Welcome! There are a few nice courses in Hamilton county

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

Retired.  67+ year golfer still trying to consistently shoot under 100.  Still trying to train my brain to not try to demolish the ball on each swing.  My goal is to improve from terrible to mediocre.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've played since I was about 10.  Dad used to take me to a little par 3 near home (I don't think any hole was over 90yd) and I'd whack away with an 8 iron and putter.  Off and on golfer since then, but have played more and more over the last 15-20 yrs.  Still trying to shoot under 100 regularly at most courses I visit, but will regularly shoot in the 85 to 95 range on my local muni Par 68 (~5200yd).  I've never had a handicap but would guess I fall in the 20 range.

What do you love about golf?

I love the game! I just like to get outside and challenge myself to do well on each hole.  And I can see/feel improvement over the last couple years after a few lessons.  The courses are almost all great, some hate me, but I love the challenges.  Love to play with both strangers and friends who may range between 7 and 30 HC.  Doesn't matter.  We all encourage each other and have fun.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

The reviews are really interesting to read! I was searching for the differences between different golf balls, new clubs, etc. and found MGS.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Bloomington, MN -- Dwan Golf Course

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best - Many, many courses in the area.  Getting out in late March or early April for the first round is a fantastic feeling.  I can play all summer avoiding the worst of heat and humidity if I can get an early start.  Love early morning starts.  Dewy grass and the rising sun on a clear day takes my breath away.  Fall golf can be hit or miss for weather.  Falling leaves are worse than falling temps, but the courses do a pretty good job of cleaning up leaves.  Getting to play on a sunny 70 degree day in early November is magical.  
Worst - Morning frost delays in early spring and late fall.  Winters give me time to recover, practice indoors, and lots of time to spend in my woodshop.

What do you do for a living?

Retired from 40yrs of computer programming and IT network/system engineering

How’d you pick your user name?

Aim490 - Want to consistently shoot under 90.  Bogey golf isn't TOO much to ask for.

Edited by Aim490

Lousy golfer, but playing makes me happy.😀

WITB:
PXG Proto 0811X+ Driver
PXG Proto 0341X 5W
PXG Proto 0317X 22deg and 25deg Hybrids
PXG Gen3 0311XP irons 5-GW (5i only for chipping from under trees 😕)
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52deg & 56deg wedges
Putter-PXG Gunboat w/Superstroke regrip + others I design and mill from super-dense wood.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I started in my early twenties thanks to a family friend who was an avid golfer and Scottish to boot. Since then it has been off and on until the last few years. The last handicap I had was 16 but my game is all over the map these days: mid 80s to high 90s depending on the course, the day, the alignment of heavenly bodies, among other things.

I love many aspects of the game: being outside, always challenging but occasionally rewarding, hanging with old friends, meeting new friends, …

Probably the reviews. I don’t think I know any other Spies yet. 

Northern suburb of Chicago. I don’t have a home course although I spend a lot of time practicing my short game at Weber, a local par 3 course.

Like many here have said, the best would have to be the number of good courses available and the reasonable green fees. I would also add that being a golfer in the Midwest attracts a kind of hardy souls that I like to be around. I used to think the worst is the short golf season. But I’ve since learned to enjoy the off season.

I’m an intellectual property lawyer (patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secrets).

It’s a form of begrudging acceptance of the kind of golfer I am for the foreseeable future.

Well, I joined My Golf Spy about a month and a half ago.  Won't lie, the product testing was the original motivation for joining.  I am a little bit of an equipment junkie, but I am not in a position where I can buy new equipment every year and test it out.  I spend lots of time at the local golf stores testing the demo clubs and talking equipment with the people that work there.  Anyway, since joining, I have really enjoyed reading the post from the other members of the forum.  So, I decided it was time to take the time to introduce myself, and take a more active role.  The origins of my user name come from the lack of creativity when I got my first email address back in the days of AOL.  It is a combination of my high school nickname and my jersey number I was wearing at the time.  Nothing clever or thought provoking, just the first combination that was accepted as a unique username.  I have used this combination in one form or another ever since. 

I have been playing golf since I was about 12.  It all started when I got to go along with my dad to one of his weekend games with his buddies.  For me, it was a chance to spend time with Dad, for him, he got himself a "caddie" who would carry his way-to-big golf bag.  There were some times when he brought the pull cart along, which was great.  Anyway, once we got out of sight of the club house, he would hand me his seven iron and let me hit a ball along with the group.  If I didn't lose the ball, I got to continue.  If I lost a ball, I would have to look for another one before I could hit again.  I got my first set of golf clubs when I went out for the golf team as a freshman in high school.  Just a hand me down set of Macgregor Irons and some cheap woods (I don't even think there were made of wood).  I used these until I got out of college and bought my first set of clubs from a department store.  I remember they were Mizuno's, but the model escapes me.  A few years after that, I found a set of used Mizuno MSX irons.  Since then it has been Ping equipment.  

I never got to play as much as I wanted, but for the past 19 years my golf took a back set to being a dad.  My kids didn't show much of an interest in golf until recently.  Now both of my kids love the game and this has led to a resurgence in my game as well.  I have played more in the first six months of 2023 than I did in the past 10 years combined.  Getting to play golf with my kids has been amazing.  In fact, my son works at one of the country clubs here and was allowed to take me out on Father's Day.  It was just him and me and golf.  It was a great day, topped of with my first ever hole-in-one!  It was so cool to get to experience that with him.  

I am not a great golfer.  I have always said that I was a bogey golfer, but never tracked my handicap until this year.  I currently am playing to a 16, but have hopes of getting that down to 10-12 by the end of the summer.  I live in a suburb of Milwaukee, so the outdoor golf season is pretty short.  My normal foursome likes to play a variety of courses, so I don't really have a "home course".  Summer golf in Wisconsin is amazing.  The weather doesn't normally get above 80-85 degrees, and the course stay nice and green.  If you like the look of tree lined fairways, you will love Wisconsin.  We are fortunate enough to have several course that have hosted PGA events including the US Open, PGA Championship and the Ryder Cup.  We no longer have a normal PGA event, but for many years, we hosted the Greater Milwaukee Open.  Winter in Wisconsin has improved in recent years with several indoor golf facilities so you can keep your game sharp.  We are lucky to have a TopTracer facility in my area that has heated bays that allow you to see the flight of your ball while getting the simulator experience.  If you haven't done this before, I highly recommend giving it a try.

Wow, I have rambled on for a while here, hopefully this isn't too long.  I will wrap this up by saying thank you to My Golf Spy.  I have really enjoyed reading the post and watching the pod cast on Youtube.  

Driver:  Ping G410
Fairway Woods - 3W and 5W - Ping G425
Hybrid - 3H and 5H - Ping G425
Irons - 5I-PW, UW - Ping G425
Wedges - 54* and 58* Cleveland RTZ Zip Core

6 hours ago, 24wally said:

Well, I joined My Golf Spy about a month and a half ago.  Won't lie, the product testing was the original motivation for joining.  I am a little bit of an equipment junkie, but I am not in a position where I can buy new equipment every year and test it out.  I spend lots of time at the local golf stores testing the demo clubs and talking equipment with the people that work there.  Anyway, since joining, I have really enjoyed reading the post from the other members of the forum.  So, I decided it was time to take the time to introduce myself, and take a more active role.  The origins of my user name come from the lack of creativity when I got my first email address back in the days of AOL.  It is a combination of my high school nickname and my jersey number I was wearing at the time.  Nothing clever or thought provoking, just the first combination that was accepted as a unique username.  I have used this combination in one form or another ever since. 

I have been playing golf since I was about 12.  It all started when I got to go along with my dad to one of his weekend games with his buddies.  For me, it was a chance to spend time with Dad, for him, he got himself a "caddie" who would carry his way-to-big golf bag.  There were some times when he brought the pull cart along, which was great.  Anyway, once we got out of sight of the club house, he would hand me his seven iron and let me hit a ball along with the group.  If I didn't lose the ball, I got to continue.  If I lost a ball, I would have to look for another one before I could hit again.  I got my first set of golf clubs when I went out for the golf team as a freshman in high school.  Just a hand me down set of Macgregor Irons and some cheap woods (I don't even think there were made of wood).  I used these until I got out of college and bought my first set of clubs from a department store.  I remember they were Mizuno's, but the model escapes me.  A few years after that, I found a set of used Mizuno MSX irons.  Since then it has been Ping equipment.  

I never got to play as much as I wanted, but for the past 19 years my golf took a back set to being a dad.  My kids didn't show much of an interest in golf until recently.  Now both of my kids love the game and this has led to a resurgence in my game as well.  I have played more in the first six months of 2023 than I did in the past 10 years combined.  Getting to play golf with my kids has been amazing.  In fact, my son works at one of the country clubs here and was allowed to take me out on Father's Day.  It was just him and me and golf.  It was a great day, topped of with my first ever hole-in-one!  It was so cool to get to experience that with him.  

I am not a great golfer.  I have always said that I was a bogey golfer, but never tracked my handicap until this year.  I currently am playing to a 16, but have hopes of getting that down to 10-12 by the end of the summer.  I live in a suburb of Milwaukee, so the outdoor golf season is pretty short.  My normal foursome likes to play a variety of courses, so I don't really have a "home course".  Summer golf in Wisconsin is amazing.  The weather doesn't normally get above 80-85 degrees, and the course stay nice and green.  If you like the look of tree lined fairways, you will love Wisconsin.  We are fortunate enough to have several course that have hosted PGA events including the US Open, PGA Championship and the Ryder Cup.  We no longer have a normal PGA event, but for many years, we hosted the Greater Milwaukee Open.  Winter in Wisconsin has improved in recent years with several indoor golf facilities so you can keep your game sharp.  We are lucky to have a TopTracer facility in my area that has heated bays that allow you to see the flight of your ball while getting the simulator experience.  If you haven't done this before, I highly recommend giving it a try.

Wow, I have rambled on for a while here, hopefully this isn't too long.  I will wrap this up by saying thank you to My Golf Spy.  I have really enjoyed reading the post and watching the pod cast on Youtube.  

Your Milwaukee reference just made a flood of golf memories appear in my mind.  I also grew up in a suburb there, probably a few years before you, though.  Caddied one summer at North Shore CC and in the GMO when it was held there.  ChiChi Rodriguez was doing trick shots at the range and I was feeling so good about caddying the GMO - caddied for a nobody, but as a 15 y.o. kid, hauling a bag in a real PGA event was a thrill.

Lousy golfer, but playing makes me happy.😀

WITB:
PXG Proto 0811X+ Driver
PXG Proto 0341X 5W
PXG Proto 0317X 22deg and 25deg Hybrids
PXG Gen3 0311XP irons 5-GW (5i only for chipping from under trees 😕)
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52deg & 56deg wedges
Putter-PXG Gunboat w/Superstroke regrip + others I design and mill from super-dense wood.

14 minutes ago, Aim490 said:

Your Milwaukee reference just made a flood of golf memories appear in my mind.  I also grew up in a suburb there, probably a few years before you, though.  Caddied one summer at North Shore CC and in the GMO when it was held there.  ChiChi Rodriguez was doing trick shots at the range and I was feeling so good about caddying the GMO - caddied for a nobody, but as a 15 y.o. kid, hauling a bag in a real PGA event was a thrill.

I have only been in Wisconsin for about 15 years.  Actually grew up in Iowa.  They used to have the Amana VIP Tournament in Iowa City when I was a young kid.  Don't know if anyone else remembers that, but I think it was a PGA event back in the late 70's early80's.  Never got to caddie, but got to go watch a couple of times and get as many autographs as I could.  

Driver:  Ping G410
Fairway Woods - 3W and 5W - Ping G425
Hybrid - 3H and 5H - Ping G425
Irons - 5I-PW, UW - Ping G425
Wedges - 54* and 58* Cleveland RTZ Zip Core

• 2 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? 40 years. What's your handicap or average score? 5.7 index average score 78-81

What do you love about golf? The mental and physical challenge to play your best at the most beautiful courses in the country. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Reading the reviews and opinions of the readers. Do you already know any other Spies? No.

Where are you from? Aurora, IL What is your home course? I belonged to a private club but prefer to play anywhere now.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Plenty of excellent private and public courses exist, but golf is getting expensive, and you need to play ahead to get preferred tee times.

What do you do for a living? Mortgage banker

How'd you pick your user name? Come on! I love golf and play 18!

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just joined and already love the feel of the forum.  I'm in the Madison, WI area and love traveling around Wisconsin to find both the elite courses and the locals that have great character.  

I didn't start playing until college, so about 20 years.  Right now I'm playing I'm just shy of bogey golf due to lack of rounds/practice this year.  I am starting to trend back to where I feel best and that is shooting low 80s.   

Truly a competitive event that pushes me to improve at a skill each shot.  Also love the social aspect, meeting new players, talking shop about equipment, and finding new adventures through golf.

Have followed MyGolfSpy on social media for a while.  Just dipping my toe into the forums now.

Based outside of Madison, Wisconsin.  Consider Pleasant View, University Ridge, and Glen Golf Park as home courses.

Obvious answer - the season is shorter than other regions.  Best part is living in what I feel is one of the best public golf states in the country.  Love getting up north and seeing each small town and their muni courses. Some really great hidden gems in the northwest part of Wisconsin.

Just one I have always used.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth Plus 9° Stiff Flex

3W: Titleist TSr2+ 13°

4W: Titlelist TSr2 16.5°

Driving Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli-HI 3i Stiff Flex

Taylormade Sim Max 4H Stiff Flex (out of the bag for the moment)

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-9) Stiff Flex, KBS Limited Edition Black C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges: Titleist Jet Black SM8 46° F Grind, Blacked-Out SM8 50° F Grind, 54° S Grind, 58° D Grind

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

@kratzkeWelcome to the forum! Everybody is pretty welcoming here, don't hesitate to jump right in.

Here are a couple of pretty active threads:

How'd you play?

MGS FORUM MEMBER VCT EXCLUSIVE!!

The Good Morning Thread

On 5/29/2023 at 8:38 AM, Jack Z said:

Drive right back lake breeze on my way up to the Northwoods. Always tempted to stop lol

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

I’ve been playing golf for 23 years now. Started in Middle school and never looked back. I worked at the course washing carts and picking range so I could practice and play for free. My mom would drop me off at the course at sunrise and pick me up at sunset. I got really good, from my Senior year to age 23 I was a scratch golfer. Then life happened and it was a lot more expensive to pay for golf so I didn’t go as much. Got back into it when I moved to Wisconsin. Started in a Thursday night league and playing in tournaments. Currently around a 4 handicap playing my League course but it’s not tough at all.

Golf is the greatest game for all ages. Being out in beautiful nature with friends, able to have conversations while playing, the difficulty of the game, and the impregnating suspense after hitting a great shot has no equal.

Wanting to learn more about golf products from an unbiased source. 

Originally from Montrose, CO. Now I live in Green Bay, WI. My league course is Mid Vallee but looking to join elsewhere, maybe Brown County.

Best is the amount of great public courses.

Worst is the long winters

I am a cabinet estimator/engineer/programmer 

went with my last name, boring but I sign my name on everything 

Callaway Epic 9.5, x2hot 4wood, Adams rescue, Mizuno JPX hot metal, Cleveland Wedges, Scotty Cameron Circa 62, whiskey and coke to start.

I’ve been playing for 15 years, picked up the game in high school but never did anything to improve. About 5 years ago I started to actually try and put effort into my game. This is the first year I’ve actually tracked my handicap and currently sit at 17.3 

Being outdoors, you can stand in anywhere on a course look around and appreciate the views, all while playing a great game with friends and family. 

Wanted to be apart of a golf community and gain knowledge of courses, products (hopefully get an opportunity to test), and outlook on the game. 

Mid Michigan. Don’t have a home course, but Tyrone Hills Golf Club is my go to course for a quick round. 

Best: some very underrated courses in Michigan should definitely be on peoples need to a play list

Worst: long cold winters that limit the season.

Construction Engineering

Nickname from college, a buddy of mine during a night of drinking randomly shouted it at me and stuck

It’s all in the hips 

I got a starter set after graduating high school in 2005. Played a few times that summer. Didn’t play much until my mid 20’s. Got serious about golf around 2018. My current official handicap is 12, typically shoot in the mid 80’s from the tips. 

I’ve always loved sports and competition. Nothing feels better than when you hit a pure shot or a monster drive. 

I have seen numerous YouTube videos from MyGolfSpy, then I saw some comments about the forum. 

I’m from Clakrston, MI. About 45 minutes north of Detroit. I’m currently a member at Oakhurst Golf & County Club. 

Courses in Northern Michigan are some of the greatest I’ve ever played. Huge elevation changes, beautiful scenery, challenging layouts. However, the golf season around me is April-October if you’re lucky. Might be able to squeak a round in at the start of November.

Electrical Grid Ops

Used this same username for nearly everything since high school. First initial, last name.

Kaboom baby!

1.How long have you been playing golf? 4-5 years

2.What’s your handicap or normal score? 13.5. Mid-high 80's low 90's

3.What do you love about golf? Good outdoor activity.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Good golf conversation, ideas for improving 

5.Where are you from? What is your home course? Cleveland  OH

Shawnee Hills

6.What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Great summer golf, brutal winters(indoor only)

7.What do you do for a living? 4th grade teacher.

8.How’d you pick your user name?

I use it for other social media.

I have a Mizuno STX driver

Mizuno JPX 800 fairway woods

Bombtech Hybrids

Ping G425 irons

Cobra wedges 60,56,52

Edited by RedCell24

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.

1 hour ago, RedCell24 said:

Shawnee Hills

6.What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Great summer golf, brutal winters(indoor only)

Ping G425 irons

1 hour ago, RedCell24 said:

Welcome to MGS!! You'll find great, knowledgeable people & forums that cover every subject possible.

A 14-HC after 3+ years of playing? Well done!!

Noble occupation! My father grew up in Parma Heights & caddied at Ridgewood GC (a little after the advent of the wheel 🤣) Yes, winters suck here in Indy too

Fellow G425 user.....Play Your Best 

Hit it long & roll it in!!

Joe

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

2 hours ago, RedCell24 said:

3.What do you love about golf? Good outdoor activity.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Good golf conversation, ideas for improving 

Shawnee Hills

8.How’d you pick your user name?

I use it for other social media.

I have a Mizuno STX driver

Mizuno JPX 800 fairway woods

Bombtech Hybrids

Ping G425 irons

Cobra wedges 60,56,52

Welcome to the forum! From the southern end of the state. This place is special, so dig in and enjoy!

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

What's up fellow golfers! Long time golfer, long time followers, and new member.

1. How long have you been playing golf? I started golf for fun around the year 2000-2001 or so. My competitive side in me wanted to get better so i took it seriously for the next few years learning how to golf. Started shooting in the 90s really quick after getting the golf bug. Golf took a back seat around 2011 when my first daughter was born and only played about twice a year for the next 9-10 years. In 2021, I started to play more again since my kids are now older. The bug never left even during my hiatus. Got properly fitted in early 2022 and am currently shooting in the 80s consistently. 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? per USGA, handicap is a 9.8. I have been scoring in the low to mid 80s currently. I've been very close, but still looking to break into the 70s.

3. What do you love about golf? Golfing with my boys! Also, love the feeling of just getting away from everything while I'm walking the greens.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Learning about products and their testing. Also love reading people's comments and hopefully be part of being a tester someday. 

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? West Chicago, IL -- St. Andrews & Prairie Landing

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I have many options of amazing courses in the area. Worst thing about golf in my region is WINTER!

7. What do you do for a living? Hospital billing

8. How’d you pick your user name? It's my nickname and my favorite number.

Edited by Reese11

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS 9* w/ UST Mamiya Quantum Purple stiff shaft

2H/3H/4H Hybrids: Cobra King Tec w/ Mitsubishi MMT stiff shafts 

Irons 4-GW: Titelst T200 w/ Oban CT-100 stiff shafts

Wedges SW/LW: Titleist SM9 with Nippon 105g shaft

Putter: SWAG Suave Too blade and Taylormade Spider mallet

Balls: Titelst ProV1/ProV1X - summer, Maxfli Tour X - winter

Golf Bag: Vessel

Headcovers: SWAG

15 hours ago, Jeff in the Mitten said:

I started playing in 6th grade seriously when my pops got me a used set of Maxfli blades!  Looking back we both laugh at the club choice to learn, but I actually think it pushed me to learn how to hit "real" golf shots early on.  Not great for competing in high school where I really needed more forgiveness, but hey...that's golf!

I'm now a 4.3 handicap.

WITB:  Stealth Plus+ Driver 10.5* w/ Project X EvenFlow Riptide MX TX, Taylormade M2 hybrids w/ Steelfiber 85x, Callaway Apex TCB irons (4-AW) w/ Recoil 95 Proto F5, Taylormade TPz wedges with Steelfiber 110s, and a 2011 Scotty Cameron Laguna customized with my Michigan State Spartans theme. 

My Dad and I play a lot together so it's a special thing that brings us together.  For me, I can nerd out on all the gear 24/7, but at the end of the day I'd rather be out on the course w/ my pops. 

Don't know any other Spies (yet), but I'm really hear to help learn and provide some information where I can.  I have been customizing Scotty Cameron putters now for a while and that really turned me into a gear junky!  It felt like I was doing so much research on equipment and trying this or that all the time, but never put my findings anywhere.  I hope MGS can be where I put my findings to hopefully help other golfers out there. 

I live in Michigan.  We just moved back to my home state after living in the Rocky Mountains, so I don't have a home course yet 😞

I think Michigan has sneaky great golf!  I'm from the West side of the state, and there are some incredible tracks within a short drive.  At the same time, Northern MI has some courses that can compete on a national scale...Arcadia Bluffs being one of my favorites (also had one of my best rounds there so that helps).  

Worst part is the winter...tough to play in snow lol. 

I am a product developer in both hardware and software.  I am working for a smaller startup at the moment and enjoying the scrappiness required to bring new products to market. 

Pretty straightforward...my name is Jeff and I live in the Mitten state lol

Welcome Jeff. Jeff here as well in Commerce! I may give you my Scotty for some upgrades. Welcome to the group. Not many of us from Michigan.

Carry Bag - :titleist-small: Hybrid 14

Cart Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 (Bought in Apr '23)

Driver - :callaway-small: Epic Flash equipped with a Mitsubishi TENSEI AV 65 Stiff shaft

3w - :taylormade-small: RBZ Stage 2 equipped with :taylormade-small:Matrix Ozik Rul 80h shaft 

Hybrid (3 high loft) - :taylormade-small: RBZ Stage 2 equipped with :taylormade-small:Matrix Ozik Rul 80h shaft

Irons - :callaway-small: X-Hot Pro 4-W equipped with Rifle ProjectX95 6.5 shaft

Wedges - :titleist-small: :vokey-small: 48*, 52*, 56* equipped with True Temper shafts

Putter - :titleist-small: :scotty-small: Fastback Select 1.5 equipped with mid size super stroke grip. Weighted 15g in toe and heel

Ball - :titleist-small: Pro V1

All other clubs are gripped with Golf Pride mid size tour wrap grips with 2 layers of tape

• 2 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? 5 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score? 16 HCP, usually around 90

What do you love about golf? I needed competition and I'm too old to play contact sports. I love being outside, and challenging the course against myself. My kids love to play, as does my wife, so we play a lot as a family.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've read a few dozen reviews and wanted to get involved in the testing. Then I read through the forums and realized there are a ton of really insightful helpful people here I want to connect with.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Indiana. I'd prefer not to say home course for privacy sake. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Not being able to play for 5 months a year sucks. Lack of elevation changes is a downer. Price and accessibility are amazing though.

What do you do for a living? I work for a hospital.

How’d you pick your user name? Long history of using this name in media and online forums. Monicker from way back in the day.

Mid-high handicap looking for more consistent gane

16 minutes ago, clarney1 said:

How long have you been playing golf? 5 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score? 16 HCP, usually around 90

What do you love about golf? I needed competition and I'm too old to play contact sports. I love being outside, and challenging the course against myself. My kids love to play, as does my wife, so we play a lot as a family.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've read a few dozen reviews and wanted to get involved in the testing. Then I read through the forums and realized there are a ton of really insightful helpful people here I want to connect with.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Indiana. I'd prefer not to say home course for privacy sake. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Not being able to play for 5 months a year sucks. Lack of elevation changes is a downer. Price and accessibility are amazing though.

What do you do for a living? I work for a hospital.

How’d you pick your user name? Long history of using this name in media and online forums. Monicker from way back in the day.

Welcome to the forum! I reside in the neighboring state to the east. This is a fun community and we look forward to your contributions!

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing golf for about 10 years, go off 1 hcp.

What do you love about golf? I love how rewarding golf can be, but no matter how badly I play I always want to come back.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've always liked the reviews so figured I'd join the party.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from Florida but now live in Indiana for school. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I like the variety of types of courses, with different grasses and designs. Don't like how darn windy it gets sometimes lol. 

What do you do for a living? I'm a full-time student but work at the course by my place when I can. 

How’d you pick your user name? Been my gamertag/username since middle school, came up with it in the computer lab. 

Taylormade Stealth2+ (10.5*@ 9) | Speeder Evolution IV 661 X

Taylormade M6 3w (15*) | HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.0

Taylormade Stealth2+ 5w (18*) | HZRDUS Yellow 83 6.5 

PXG Gen4 0311 X Driving Iron (20*) | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5 

PXG Gen4 0311 T (4) | DG X100

Taylormade P730 (5-9) | DG X100 

Taylormade MG3 (46-09*, 54-13*, 60-TW*) | DG S300 

Taylormade Spider X white

Ball: Taylormade TP5x 

welcome all  from Milwaukee WI and I hope to play with y’all soon

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!