Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bags - 2023 Forum Review

Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bags – Official MGS Forum Review by Josmi15

I feel honored to have been selected to test the Stitch SL2 Stand Bag.  Thank you to MGS and Stitch Golf for this tremendous opportunity.

My name is Josh, and my handle is Josmi15.  I've been a spy since March 2016.  I'm a married man, father of two who sees himself as a cross between Al Bundy & Clark Griswold.  I really became hooked on golf back in 2012.  I've lived in the Fort Wayne area my whole life.  I go to the range every chance that I get.  I also get out for a round of golf at least once a week.  My playing partner @JudgeSmails and I have been friends since we were kids, so that makes it fun. 

image.png.055c49b1d9b47a9535fb4fce0a1f9e57.png

The Personal Questions: 

•              What region do you play out of? Northeast Indiana is my primary region.  I like the challenge of all our area courses.  Each one stands out in their own unique ways, which keeps the game fun.

•              How long have you been golfing?  I've owned clubs since 1997, but really started taking my game serious and improving my scores since 2012. 

•              What kind of golfer are you?  I normally break 90, breaking 80 is one of my goals.  My main goal is to have more par or better scores than double bogey or worse.  That is what I call success.  I am also the type that has a range finder and uses the GolfLogix app.  I have been fitted for my Wedges and my Irons.  

image.png.aaaef8d9bceecbc6813a3f880c51b6ec.png 

The Golf Questions:

•              How do you want to test this product?  I plan on utilizing this as my main bag for range sessions and the courses that I'm comfortable with walking.  I admit that some courses are easier on the knees than others to walk.

•              What are your plans for the review and comparisons?  I currently have two Sun Mountain C-130's, one blue and the other orange.  Those are nice to put on my Quad XL and go play.  4-way club divider is going to be interesting as I have had 14-way for over 10 years.  Pockets are also a priority of mine.  It will be different with just the essentials.  I plan on weighing it once the bag is loaded. 

•              What will make this product stay with you after testing?  Seeing that we play a round of golf in 3.5 hours if this would increase due to just getting reacquainted to walking instead of riding.  I am curious if my scores would be impacted, maybe being worn out by the time I'm on the back nine.  On a side note, If I notice myself getting back into shape, it’ll stay.

•              Why are you excited about testing this product?  I'm an equipment junky.  I have been looking into getting a lightweight walking bag for a while.  My wife about had a stroke when I found a lightweight bag at Marshalls about a month ago for $99.99.  That's another reason that I buy clubs when she's not around.  I’m curious if it’s durable to withstand the multiple trips I take to the range on a weekly basis.  I also want to see how it handles the additional strain of the weekly round of golf.

•              What do you know about the product already?  I already subscribe to stitchgolf.com and receive information from them from time to time.  I follow them on Instagram and Twitter to keep an eye on apparel sales.  A lightweight bag stand bag is something that I have recently thought about purchasing. 

•              What are your expectations?  I’m expecting the bag to hold up to the strain of wear and tear of regular use.  I had a period about 6 or 7 years ago with a my old bag that I had to get it replaced by the manufacturer multiple times.  I don't want to see loose threads when I pull out a club.  Through regular use, I expect it to hold up.  I plan on getting it to and from the course and range multiple times and want to see how much wear and tear it can take.

Website indicates. 

image.png.85f65fce795392670d37ab2f5e2ea2d4.png

I look forward to testing these out.  I have always preferred the single strap, but I will try them both out during my review.  I want to make sure that I provide the most in-depth analysis that I can.

Here is the picture of the color of the bag I selected. 

image.png.bf51b680d6b9e3336c49420e46cffbe7.png

First Impression:  9 out of 10

I received notification that my package was delivered, while working from my home office. As luck would have it, my workday was just getting finished.  I ran downstairs and scared the cat and with Phone in hand, grabbed a pic of my package on the front porch.

1stimpression1.jpg.b5ea44c6f30effb9de286db8b0e894b3.jpg

First Impressions 9 of 10

After removing the bag from the box, I added the single shoulder straps. To pardon the pun, it was a snap.  I have never owned a stand bag before, so I was uncertain with how it changes from a single strap to a double strap.  It never dawned on me to think that a company would just provide both and let the consumer choose.  I guess I’m still naïve on some things.  I quickly learned that and then some.  Yesterday I set up the double strap and walked around my yard with it on.  My neighbors were probably wondering what I was doing.  I’m more comfortable with the single strap. 

I wanted to weigh the bag with clubs and a sleeve of golf balls and 4 golf tees.  I loaded it with only 12 clubs: Driver, 3Wood, 18.5 degree Hybrid, 4 Iron thru 9 Iron PW, AW & Putter.  I wanted a starting point to see how heavy it would be as the bag is advertised at 3.5 lbs.  I figured I would load it with enough to get me through a normal round of 18 on an executive course.  The full load came out at 17.4 lbs.  My fully loaded bag currently weighs in at 35 lbs.

As luck would have it, that and a typical Indiana August day, a thunderstorm rolled in. I decided that it would be a good time to see how it handles getting rained on.  I let it get rained on for a couple of minutes.  Then brought it into the garage and verified that my clubs were still dry.  I even unzipped the cover and pulled a club out to try and simulate being on the course during a drizzle.  The water just beaded up on the bag and just rolled off.  To loosely quote Carl Spackler “I’d keep playing, I don’t think the heavy stuff will come down for quite a while.” 

1stimpression3.jpg.99043f83b35985ce6e5aec11b996922f.jpg

The bag comes with a QR Code to scan, and it takes you directly to the Stich site, where you can get a Personalized Ingot.  Talk about easy! There is a cost of $10.00, they even provide you an option of breaking that up over 4 payments.  If gave me a feeling that they are looking out for the customer.  The site was very user friendly. 

1stimpression5.png.733de76fb385bea4c7f3879d242f1f78.png

The water bottle pocket looks like it can hold a plastic water bottle.  I did manage to get a tumbler into it, but it was a tight squeeze. 

1stimpression6.png.565f2a72e17edb68223b3b25c6eca7c6.png

I have taken it to the range multiple times and once on the course.   As far as first Impressions go, the bag seems to be doing well.

*************************************************************************************************************************

Aesthetics (15 out of 20) 

The bag itself is top shelf quality made.  I feel it is my job to try to find things wrong with it.  It held up while getting rained on and serving its purpose to keep my clubs dry.  The pockets just didn’t feel as though there was enough give.  Numerous times I felt I really had to dig to get something out of the pockets.  The Cooler pocket does hold a bottle of water, but my tumbler was a tight squeeze. 

Picture1.jpg.3e4e675bd7d49686816271eb2d97f1c1.jpg

Picture2.jpg.2b4f4af6ef69d51164dd2909f956c0e7.jpg

The Numbers (20 out of 20)

My overall play didn’t suffer due to walking and carrying the bag.  In this category, I feel confident in rating it a perfect 20. 

Picture3.jpg.d5d08932f3c4de77ba6309b181915490.jpg

Picture4.jpg.89bce7bd36d2b5098734dcfa5b02fcb6.jpg

On The Course (18 out of 20)

On the course this bag does what it is advertised to do.  It is compact and lightweight.  The straps are easy to fasten in and adjust on the fly.  I learned that on my first day with it, when my putter slid out of the bag while walking up to the range.  (It was my wood shafted Spalding putter from the 1940’s, not my gamer.  I did have a worry moment when it hit the cart path.)

On another personal note, I noticed that it did not hurt my play from walking 18 carrying this bag.  It does make for a good work out.  

Picture5.jpg.e06ef4e2216402ccdecbcac5ce5a7d08.jpg

Picture6.jpg.a7ca98cd0ba3495473ef88e9663564ac.jpg

The Good, the bad, the in-between (8 out of 10)

The Good:

1.       Lightweight, for the person that prefers to walk the course, this bag does deliver on its promise.

2.       Leg stand strap.  I appreciate that the legs can be secured with a Velcro strap.  That prevents damage to the legs on transport to and from the course or the range.

3.       Water Resistant. 

The Bad:

1.       Pocket size.  The effort to keep it lightweight becomes an issue for those that carry multiple sleeves of balls, tees, range finder, glove, phone, and water.  (Which is understandable)

2.       4 dividers.  This is no knock on the bag, I came in with an open mind.  I have had 14-way dividers for over a decade.  I believe I gave it an honest run, but personal preference is the 14-way divider.

The In-between:

1.       I think the 4 dividers could also be in this section, as well.  Personal preference.

Play it or Trade it? (17 out of 20)

I plan on playing it for range sessions and for walking executive courses.  I recently posted that I have introduced my nephew to the game.  I plan on using this bag for my attempts to get him hooked on the game, and thus grow my wolfpack.  As far as my normal cart bag, I carry too much, and it overwhelms the Stitch bag.  As I mentioned above, my current bag fully loaded weighs 35 pounds.  I like having a lightweight option to walk the course.  Plus, it’s easier getting in and out of my Chevy.  As far as using it on my weekly round, I think I will continue to use my cart bag with my pushcart.

Conclusion

This is a fine bag for the walker.  It’s very durable and lightweight.  Easy to transport and strong enough to take the abuse of quick access from the car to the course. I honestly didn’t find anything bad about this bag.  It serves a purpose.  I plan on keeping this for executive courses where I prefer to walk, range sessions and indoor simulators during the winter.  I am looking forward to all the options that this bag will provide me.  Winter months, having a smaller bag will come in handy, plus living in the mid-west going to the indoor simulator is almost a requirement. 

Picture7.jpg.8fb140ffeeca826ac6101242b756bae5.jpg

Final Score (87 out of 100)

Edited by josmi15

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Hello MGS Forum members!

As you can tell, I was lucky enough to be chosen to test these Stitch Golf bags and I'm really excited about it. First, a little about me and then we will get to the good stuff.

I am 39 years old and am an avid golfer. I picked up the game 5-7 years ago when I got to play at golf scrambles for work and I've been hooked ever since. I play a couple times a week and am getting my 14 year old son into playing as well. I am roughly a 20 handicapper but I started taking lessons this spring and my game is finally starting to come together. Nothing better than seeing the ball do roughly what you wanted it to on a regular occasion. 🤣 Hoping and working to break 80 sometime this year. Gonna keep up the grind and trust the process.

So a little about my golf setup. Right now I have a Taylormade 15 cart bag and I absolutely love it. I am a bit OCD and like to take care of my equipment which is why I love having dividers for every single club. It also makes it very easy to notice if you accidentally lost a club since there will be a spot missing a club. I'm also a little bit of a packrat that loves to be prepared for all occasions. My bag is FULL of stuff so that I'll be prepared for any occasion. I actually do enjoy walking when I play golf (except for in the middle of the summer here in Las Vegas) but when I do walk, I usually use my pushcart. Switching over to a very lightweight carry bag will be VERY different for me in so many ways. I won't be able to carry tons of stuff, don't have special spots for all of my clubs, and I don't "need" the stand function of the bag. That's what is so great about testing out equipment, you get a chance to broaden your horizons and maybe you find something you love that you didn't think was possible.

I'm also maybe a little eccentric on preference of bags. Every year the MGS guys do their most wanted stand and cart bags and every year the Ping Hoofer or some other Ping bag wins. It's funny because after they won, I went to the Golf Galaxy to see what all the buzz was about. I didn't care for them. 😬 To each their own, right? We will see how this bag turns out for me.

The bag I chose is this beauty. Very clean and I love the color. I'm really looking forward to putting it through the paces and giving it my honest opinion. Absolute worst case scenario is the bag doesn't make it's way into regular use but it gets to sit looking VERY pretty in my simulator holding my extra clubs.

Screenshot2023-07-3112_14_08.png.5d5ef9f64b87b917b9848ca97b1873f9.png

THE FINAL REVIEW

We have had a few weeks to use the bag and it was a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I fell in love with the bag when I received it, very much disliked the bag the first time I took it out on the course because I was not using it in the way it was designed, made a few tweaks, then started to like the bag again once I started using it the right way. If you haven't gone through the whole thread, I'd encourage you. There is some good stuff in there. On to the final review.

Aesthetics (20 out of 20)

I have to start out and say that this bag is beautiful! It seems to be extremely well made and built to last a long time. I really like the look and feel of the material they use on the bag. It isn’t leather but it is very durable and apparently it is waterproof. The first day I rolled up to the course with this bag, I got several comments on how beautiful and eye catching it is. The blue color is unique and honestly gives me the heart eyes emoji every time I look at it. The bag feels light but solid, the legs move in/out reliably and are very stable. I have had other Titleist stand bags in the past and was less than impressed with the legs staying where they were supposed to be either when on the ground or even when being carried on my back. The legs on this Stitch bag are just solid. I have 0 complaints about build quality and the looks of the bag.

On the course (Dual scores below)

So I’m going to give 2 sets of scores for this section because I think that is the fairest way to do this. The first score is for what I think the target customer would give and the second score is for me, admittedly not the target golfer using the bag in the non-designed way.

Target Golfer Score: 18 out of 20

From Stitch Golf’s Website: “The SL2 is the bag for you if you are the "weekend golfing warrior" who plays hard and prefers walking.” What they mean by this is someone who doesn’t want/need to carry anything in the bag other than what will be needed for that particular round and maybe one more. They won’t be carrying/using a rangefinder, more than a half dozen balls, some tees, a beverage, and your wallet/keys. The zippers on the pockets seem to be high quality and will last a long time. The pockets themselves are not ample in size and not meant to hold large amounts of items. That’s the intended design and they succeeded. I took 2 points off the score because even with their design, they are still limited in use. The drink pocket interferes with the ball pocket if you have to many balls in there. If you only have a 3-5 loose balls in the ball pocket, the drink pocket works fine. The zippers are very snug so constantly opening and closing them will be a chore.

My Score: 5 of 20

IMG_2099.jpg.7b54ca3e8706f155f6ae396aa1e17be1.jpg

As someone who prefers to carry everything I could ever need, who likes a 14 way divider so that each club has its place, and usually rides in a cart as opposed to walks, this bag didn’t check any of those boxes. When I signed up for this test I knew that the bag didn’t have a 14 way divider but I didn’t realize how much I would dislike that design because I had never used one before. I do know that there is nothing wrong with the 4 way design, it just isn’t for me. Others will have no issues with that whatsoever. That’s why I didn’t mention it in my Target Golfer score above. It all comes down to personal preference on the dividers. As someone who is a little OCD and likes for everything to have its own place, a 14 way divider is mandatory. The picture above was my first time out with the bag and it didn't go well. I had simply put too many things in the bag and all of its pockets.

The pockets on the bag are, straight up, not for me. The “ball pocket” isn’t really that user friendly to me. Not easy to get balls in and out when needed. Because the pocket isn’t a “bucket style” you have to pry open the pocket to get your ball. Assuming you have more than one type of ball in there, it’s not easy to find the one you are looking for.

There isn’t a spot for a rangefinder or gps unit so you have to keep it in your pocket or have it hang off the bag somewhere. Most golfers, especially walkers, don’t want stuff in their pockets.

When I started to have a less than stellar opinion of this bag I went to look for either correction or validation. In the MGS Most wanted Testing for stand bags, the Stitch SL2 didn’t fare well when compared to all other stand bags. It placed in dead last. (LINK)

Simply put, this is not a full featured Stand Bag meant to go up against other larger stand bags. It also isn’t a minimalist Sunday Bag. It falls right in between the two. That’s a very niche place to be.

I do love the dual options for the shoulder straps. It is very considerate that they either let you have a backpack style dual strap or a shoulder style single strap. I wish that other bag makers would adopt this.

The good, the bad, and the in between (18 out of 20)

The first couple times I used this bag, I wasn’t impressed with the functionality. The reason why is because I was trying to use this like a full featured “carry everything” bag. It was hard to get my clubs in and out of the bag because I had jammed so many things into the pockets that it was constricting the other parts of the bag. The pockets were so full that it made it hard to find anything that I needed at any given time. Once I figured out how to properly use the bag, I started to like it. Just the other day I took the bag out on a 12 hole par 36 course with my son. We walked all the holes and you don’t really need anything longer than an 8 iron and a sleeve of balls. I put my clubs in, a sleeve of balls, a big bottle of water, and hung my towel through one of the rails. It was a delight. Like I said previously. The legs worked well, the straps were comfy, and the bag was beautiful.

IMG_2283.jpeg.b68261a3947d052167332afd0a712d32.jpeg

IMG_2285.jpeg.c93cacbd9db2f161a0a66d798b7a0794.jpeg

This was the magical setup for me and the way I think the bag was intended to be used. Don't carry anything other than what you absolutely need for that round of golf.

Play it or no?

In the end, you need to know if you are the type of golfer this bag is geared toward. If you are that type of golfer, I can’t recommend this bag more highly. If you aren’t, I would strongly caution you to stay away. This is not an inexpensive bag so it isn't easy for some or most to justify buying secondary bag that will only get used some of the time. In my life, I will have 2 (or more) bags. My standard Titleist 14 Hybrid stand bag will be my day-to-day bag. It has almost everything I want and does it well. When I am going to go play a short course with my boy and don’t want to carry that thing around, I’ll transfer certain clubs over to the Stitch bag (I’ll keep a second set of the bare necessities in the Stitch to make things easier) and enjoy the walk.

The final scores!

The (dual) final scores are a 76 out of 80 (95%) for the target golfer and a 61 out of 80 (76%) for me. I will be keeping and using and liking this bag for the foreseeable future but I will be using it only in specific conditions.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag - Official MGS Forum Review by ChiefMikeOfficer

Final Review

Alright everyone, it’s time for the final review. Back when I was looking at bags for the year, this bag was in my top 3 – I hesitated on this one based on size, and opted for a Vessel instead (comparable size/weight). After this test, those concerns were validated. I only carried for the test – I will be using it on 9/22 on a cart, so will post any meaningful updates from that round, but I’m guessing it won’t change much, because this is meant to be a walking bag.

Overall / Conclusion / TL;DR: 80/100

This bag is the “Perfect Fair Weather Resort/Caddie Bag”. Does that sound oddly specific? Well, that’s intentional – in that situation, you basically minimize what’s in the bag (caddie provides rangefinder, water provided on various holes, snacks probably purchased or carried by caddie, minimize the number of balls, etc.). As long as you’re keeping the bag really light and restocking before each round, you’re good. But, as soon as you start adding things to the bag that you might need during the round (rangefinder, rain gear, etc.), it goes downhill, and diverges from the more broad "Perfect Walking Bag". In specific situations, this bag is incredible, but it lacks versatility, which is kinda a dealbreaker for me, at least as my everyday gamer.

Aesthetics: 20/20

Amazing. Probably the best looking bag I’ve carried. I got so many compliments while using this bag. I heard similar comments with the Vessel VLX, but It’s a very different look, and this one gets the edge – it’s incredible. This is the highlight of the bag. Bring this to a high-end course, and it’ll fit right in.

image.png.2b9eb54345c11ff64c624c07145d4519.pngimage.png.a8e6ccf0ee74b664e090ee56159ccbf3.png

The Numbers: 18/20

Lightweight, easy to carry, can walk all day with this bag on my shoulders. Did just about everything I need a carry bag to do, but with three things hurting the experience (more on pace of play / attitude, rather than actual performance): I had to change my routine around things like getting yardages, because the rangefinder and other items were not as accessible as other bags; my phone almost had to be in my pocket; depending on which water bottle I used, it could affect the walking experience (Yeti 18oz impeded access to things in the pocket; the taller, slimmer Sic Cups bottle jabbed into my hip). After actually adapting to these things, it wasn’t a big deal.

image.png.ef59dd99b1178979e0096d5192e47883.png

On the Course: 13/20 (some overlap with Numbers, so trying my best not to double-dock points – focusing storage more here than in Numbers)

There’s a lot to consider here. First of all, it’s super comfortable – it came with both a double strap and single strap, both of which are comfortable and easy to carry. It’s very light, so 9, 18, or 36 are all in the mix. The stand is easy to use and seems sturdy. I didn’t take the single strap on the course, but I did try it, and it seems great if that’s your style (or for a caddie). The 4-way divider is actually very roomy, easily fitting 14 clubs plus the (I’d even go so far as saying the middle slots are too big, and there’s room for a 5th, which I’d prefer to separate the putter into it’s own spot). I played one round with the umbrella in the slot, and it wasn’t even noticeable (which is great!). But…

“I’ve grown accustomed to a certain lifestyle”. Storage is the big downfall - it definitely can be worse, but this is why I can’t make it my everyday gamer.  There are only four total pockets – small (“ball”?), large (“clothing”?), valuables, and water bottle. The two main pockets are tight, and just solo pockets – no attempt at organization within them (e.g. other bags have a pocket inside the pocket, but this does not). The valuables pocket is kinda small, but not too bad (would benefit from another half inch to inch of depth) – most rounds I carried my phone in my pocket instead of in the valuables pocket. The water bottle pocket totally interferes with the smaller pocket when there’s a water bottle in there, so it reduces the storage even further – it either needs to move, or get re-angled. This made it very difficult to organize, and forced me to take things out or store them differently from how I’m used to – for example, the rangefinder didn’t fit really anywhere, so I had to dig the hanging case out of storage (my preference is to have it in a pocket that’s accessible with the bag on both shoulders); gloves don’t have a logical place (it’s either in with the balls, or lost in the larger pocket); etc. Even after attempting organization by getting a glove caddy, travel bag for sunscreen, and a valuables bag for divot tools/ball markers, it was tough to get things in/out of the pockets and find the items among the other things. This feels like a significant step back for me compared to recently used bags / bags currently in my rotation, all with comparable size/weight (high-end like Vessel, trendy like Jones, and even lower priced like Sun Mountain all beat the Stitch in this category, and it’s not even close). I didn’t even try with the weather gear – if rain is in the forecast, I add the rainsuit, extra towels, possibly a couple other things – even though I have rain gear that packs down small, I can’t even imagine stuffing these pockets with that stuff (seems like I’d be better off packing them down and hanging from the bag).

image.png.82c6667d9495bffadea8d05929f268ff.pngimage.png.dcbb9ebdd09d7f4ab2f05e82ac2fe089.png

The Good, the Bad, and the In Between: 8/10 (miscellaneous stuff - trying my best to minimize overlap, but again, there’s some)

Good:

• Personalization options – lots of colors to choose from, and the one I picked I’d probably pick again. I noted my flaw with the ingot in one of my previous updates – I love the look of the stock SG / Stitch ingot, but it turns out they are inexpensive and very easy to swap out (I didn’t try this, just taking their word for it).
  • Came with both styles of carry straps!! This seems minor, but it’s a step above the rest. The double is my preferred, and the single is preferred for double-bagging caddies, and it’s super easy to swap between the two.

Bad:

• Organization. This is a knock on storage again, but I just could not figure out the best way to use each pocket, and each new attempt didn’t seem to work for me. I think this either needs more pockets, or some kind of organization option added to it – mesh internal pockets have helped on other bags, or Stitch could design an after-market organization insert for the big pocket or something.
    • Related: especially with the lack of pocket storage, I think it needs a more logical place to hang something – the loop I used felt more decorative, whereas other bags seem to have a bigger loop in addition to the one I used.

In Between:

• Rain hood. At this price point, it would be nice to include a hood to complement the bag color, not just stock black (which doesn’t match my chosen color at all).
  • Ingot flexibility – your options are two initials (top & bottom), or three (left-to-right, removing the line). Quite a few companies are expanding their customization options to include things like images, and I think that would be a positive addition here too (now, would I do that? Probably not…unless I could actually choose a legit custom image and not just a stock option).

Play it or Trade it? 12/20

I want to love it, but I just can’t get there. That said, I do have a spot for it in the rotation – likely will be going back to Sand Valley and then playing the Straits later this Fall, and as long as weather looks OK, this will be the bag for those rounds. It also works well for quick/fun evening rounds, where you might not need as much stuff (e.g. we have a Par 32 that we might go play at like 6 or 7PM in the summers – great for that round). In the meantime, I’ll be handing it off to a family member who plays less often and with less stuff in the bag each round.  

Thank you again to both Stitch and MGS for picking me for this opportunity! Even though it didn’t work out as well as I wanted, I still enjoyed the process and hope the feedback helps both MGS members and Stitch!

************************************************************************************************************************************************

First Impression

Alright, after some FedEx delays (which made the bag miss two rounds ☹️ ), I got the bag. Reminder that I chose the Fadeaway White version (which ahs blue trim), and I opted not to get the ingot customization -- why? Well, I actually think the Stitch Golf / SG reference looks great, and I didn't want to get it customized if I didn't know that I'm keeping it (had an awkward moment where I sold my HS irons to a college teammate, and they had my full name engraved on the hosel, which just felt odd, so I usually don't get name customizations) -- turns out the ingots are very easy to replace and are only $10, so probably should've just done it... Now, this is a nearly $400 bag, marketed as "the perfect walking bag", so I'm keeping those in mind when assessing it. Here goes:

Quick unboxing video: 

That is niiiiice! 10/10 so far. The colors pop. The materials seem high quality. It looks amazing. The packing was top-notch (note the "Fragile" sticker 🤣 ) -- but really, inside the box, it was very secure, the straps were stuffed inside the bag, and it included both a single and double strap (I quickly installed the double -- that's what I'll be using). 

PXL_20230817_004546853.jpg.4faa648220ec30e8f65cecce887008d9.jpgPXL_20230817_005549615.jpg.da621b123a3b161cd9ee8115bfe51e05.jpg

Now, on to loading -- keeping in mind I'm coming from a Vessel VLX, which is comparable size, it started out nicely -- like I kinda said in the intro, I prefer at least a 5-way divider (at least a 5th slot for the putter), but the full-length dividers are nice, and the top is very roomy (it's almost too roomy, at least in the two middle slots, but can't complain about that). Some quick pics of the loaded clubs: 

PXL_20230817_021406962.jpg.fbc89caacbb4da97102ce5719f181060.jpgPXL_20230817_021422639_MP.jpg.210071a18af72da76db8d33f913573ce.jpg

Still 9.5-10/10. Loving it. With the clubs in place, tried it on, and after a few adjustments, it's comfortable and lightweight. Buuut....

Then I looked closer at the rest of the functional features, and it's a bit disappointing. I don't know if this is exactly the right word, but in terms of features, it's quite...minimalist. And that's not really me on the course, so this is a big step back for me -- Vessel, Jones, and Sun Mountain (my three most recent brands) are all more "full" featured, IMO. 

Things I typically have in my bag, at least in transit, but also on the course (very not minimalist): balls, tees, ball markers, divot tools, Sharpie(s), gloves (3-4), rangefinder, scorecard/yb holder, water bottle, wrench, sunscreen, koozies, snacks, phone, wallet (but not keys! Thanks Ford for the keyless entry options). I also have both a brush and a speaker hanging on the bag. On some days, I also include, a greenside towel, rain gear, and/or the rain hood. I've also gotten used to how I split these up among the pockets (balls/tees in one, gloves and koozies in another, ball markers in with the rangefinder, etc.).

The SL2 only has two functional pockets (excluding water bottle & valuables), and they're just solo pockets (no interior pockets or mesh pouches, at least not that I've found) --  I currently have balls/tees in one along with ball markers & divot tools in a valuables pouch, and "everything else" in the other. I'm asking some of the other testers how they're setting it up, but on night one, this is a bit of a struggle for me -- I might even look around to find some kind of dividers I can add into the pockets to work around this. One example of the struggle is gloves -- I had to choose the ball pocket or "everything else", but I don't like either (balls can be wet or dirty; things like sunscreen could leak). For the rangefinder, I had to dig my case out of storage to dangle on the bag (which took me a while, because I haven't used it in years), because there's no dedicated rangefinder pocket (step back from my recent bags), and it is a squeeze to fit it in the valuables pocket (which I'd use for other things anyway). 

Other notable things: There's not a great place to hang things -- I now have speaker+brush+rangefinder hanging from a small metal loop (the three are barely coexisting on that little loop - might need to add something else to make it work well), while other brands seem to have a bigger feature for hanging. Umbrella slot is a leather strap rather than the typical elastic, which is nice, but minor. The rain hood was in one of the pockets, and is just a typical black hood with Stitch-logoed features (at this price point, why not make it match the bag in some way?). The water bottle pocket seems good and insulated, but the placement competes for space with one of the two pockets. 

I'm keeping an open mind, but my gut says this will be a comfortable carry bag that won't fit all situations. E.g. I am struggling to see myself using this on a day where I need to carry full rain gear. But, maybe I'll find some good ways to adapt and the bag will change my mind. Final First Impression Score: 9/10. 

Intro

Hey everyone - big thanks to both Stitch and MGS for giving me the opportunity! I legitimately came very close to buying this bag a couple times, but hesitated on size, so I'm pumped to be part of this one to see how it actually stacks up.

Starting out, the intro: probably gave a way-too-long-winded intro in my last test (naturally, this one will also be long-winded…), so if interested in some deeper history, that's still available (link in my signature). But first, some basic info: I've played pretty much my whole life, low-level competitions through college in upstate NY, and have been in Madison, WI for the last 15 years. Currently playing to a 1.9 - first time ever under a 2! I have two boys (4 and 2) that are both getting obsessed with the game, and will likely use this test as even more of an excuse to take them out to the local Par 3 course (note: also grooming them to be walkers).  

image.png.5ed73b0382b2f12a6a9505b4c1b15865.png

For the rest, I'll focus more on things related to bags to keep it more directly relevant:

I'm a walker. Always have been, and will continue as long as I can. Thus far, I’ve resisted the recruiting efforts of the local push cart posse and still carry my bag. I will ride in certain situations, like scrambles, drinking rounds (bachelor parties, etc.), or riding-only events/courses (I’ll do my best to include a cart in the test too, but no promises on that). I think that makes this this the ideal bag test for me because I've always used somewhat comparable bags (never got something bigger than a stand/carry bag). Plus, the fact that I always tinker with my equipment means that I have used a lot of different carry bags over the last few years (for the longest time I was a Hoofer guy, but the 2017 Hoofer 14 ruined it for me – so I’ve branched out more recently, and am still searching for that perfect bag).

I’m currently on Vessel. I have a Player II 14-way that was relegated to my travel bag because of size/weight (most storage and easier to keep the clubs secure, but gets heavy quickly), and then picked up a VLX 2.0 as my lighter option this year – got the Green/Gold as a Masters-like theme (not Packers – Let’s Go Buffalo!), and the gold trim is…gaudy. I think the VLX vs. the SL2 will be a great comparison – I was actually debating between those two as the lighter-weight option, and chose VLX because of “size”. Apparently I didn’t look closely enough at the specs, because they’re not all that different and some were false perceptions – I was concerned with the SL2’s top dividers, but both bags are 4-way, and the SL2 top is actually bigger; I was also hesitant on the number and types of pockets, but for that, it looks like the VLX might still hold an edge.

For this test, I opted for the Fadeaway White color – risk of getting dirty, but I think it will pop the best on the course, and will be more versatile with various accessories (switch between a wide range of things like towels and headcovers).

image.png.b367512fa06b4e6d4ad170983dde38e3.png

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag - Official MGS Forum Review by Q22Golf

First Impressions (9.5 out of 10)

Honestly - wow! The first thing you will notice when unboxing is the quality! Stitch Golf put a lot of care into their design and craftsmanship of the bag. Immediately when grabbing the top of the bag to pull it out I thought, "wow, this material is nice!" As I took off the shipping bag, this theme continued- the craftsmanship is just great! You can tell Stitch Golf is focused on their materials and manufacturing to ensure this bag is nice. It made me really excited to dive in further!

First impression TL;DR: overall, this first impression is a solid 9.5 out of 10! It starts strong, is high quality, and uses great materials. However, I dock it a half point for the storage options, which I get into below in my full first impression details below. I didn't dock it more because Stitch Golf wants this to be a "weekend golfing warrior" bag, so they seem to be making design decisions to this effect. I am excited to get this bag out on the course!

5-StitchArrivalDog.jpeg.2456a84dbd38cfccf120be310299c0bd.jpeg

6-StitchBagFirstImpression(1).JPEG.80ba62fbaa802c1488d1b6e4b0bbc670.JPEG 6-StitchBagFirstImpression(2).JPEG.0e70789d2cb984165d1ede1920545cbe.JPEG 6-StitchBagFirstImpression(3).JPEG.ec82684751185d8035f6f86f6aef4c0b.JPEG 6-StitchBagFirstImpression(4).JPEG.fec0a984bf4eb34f992369f532b57c8f.JPEG 6-StitchBagFirstImpression(5).JPEG.5d2711e8da55936d6c8e0097873623d6.JPEG 6-StitchBagFirstImpression(6).JPEG.b22e233da6a67dee4f74b402a71f5e07.JPEG 6-StitchBagFirstImpression(7).JPEG.591c9e2c5a1cce451753b016d2e07d74.JPEG 6-StitchBagFirstImpression(8).JPEG.d4f16da1512344dd7821b01d628c6db9.JPEG

Next for me was answering the question "can this bag fit all the golf stuff I have?" I tend to over pack and then use maybe 25% of the stuff on the course - like who needs the entire pack of 300 tees in their bag? Seriously 🙂 When looking at the bag pockets, this is where Stitch Golf has really gone with the "weekend golfing warrior" description of their bag. The optimal storage pockets they describe are a valuables, water bottle, pencil, and two large pockets. At first glance, this seems like not enough storage for a round of golf, but I am keeping an open mind - I unloaded my old bag, broke out some golf essentials, and loaded up the SL2 Fadeaway bag. Ultimately, the storage left some to be desired. Again, I am keeping an open mind to see "do I really need 300 tees in my bag for a round of golf!?" Probably not, so more to come as I play a few rounds with the SL2 Fadeaway!

Last two things- straps & connectors and the hanging ring. I really like the straps and their connectors. Again, these screamed quality like the rest of the bag as I played around with the single and double strap and how they connected to the bag. They just feel sturdy and are very easy to change out. Since I really want to test this bag both while I walk & in a cart, the connectors are great because I can quickly change out double or single strap or remove them completely if I want for a cart. The hanging ring is a bit small but aligns with the "weekend golfing warrior" that Stitch Golf is going for. The hanging ring will truly fit optimal use, such as a towel, brush, and of course the MGS Forum tour card! If you want to hang anything else, then you'll definitely have to build out some hanging real estate with your own clips on the ring.

7-OldBagAndGear.JPEG.ce0eb3ad91f2111733be230c9473a74f.JPEG 8-StitchBagAndGear.JPEG.c10c73d48fc42eb31f437e57e64a22e7.JPEG

9-StitchBagLive(1).JPEG.459c9015215bf24a0e0bfba6c9dd8c22.JPEG 9-StitchBagLive(2).JPEG.2342d88dbefc4e335db79d699b82ed19.JPEG

####################################################################################

Introduction

First time writer! HUGE thank you to MGS and Stitch Golf for this opportunity. I am excited to test out this bag and do the review!

My name is Ryne - Q22Golf on here. I have a young family- wife of 7 years, 4 & 2 year old boys, a pup, and a 3 week old baby girl. I hear she will steal my heart! 

I play weekly with my brother-in-law, mostly in central Indiana. We like trying new courses! I have been playing 20+ years. One of my favorite golf memories is hitting balls into the fields on the family farm. I play for fun but I am way too competitive - I go out to have fun but I usually have the most fun if I am playing well! These days I am a 12 handicap.

1-RynePicHadley.jpeg.ba691679ae9fc9aad205fc138c157d3e.jpeg

Today I have a 2016 Top Flite Gamer Cart Bag. I went from a walking bag to a cart bag thinking I would enjoy it more...I don't know that I have. I am interested in getting back to walking and seeing how the Stitch SL2 bag is! I went with a black SL2 Fadeaway. I want to test this bag both walking and in a cart, comparing the convenience of it walking and its ability to fit well in a cart for the lazier days. I also have too much in my bag so I want to see how the pockets are for balls, tees, etc. I am most excited to try the bag out for its material. It seems very nice and I am curious how it will hold up. Out of the gate I know little about the Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway, only seeing it through Instagram. I have high expectations for this to be a great bag! If it can straddle being a good walking & cart bag and carry my accessories, then it will earn a permanent spot in my golf outings. So, in summary, I plan to specifically review:

• How this bag holds up both as a walking & cart bag
  • How the pockets are fitting all a golfer's accessories, as well as how the clubs do in the four compartments
  • How the material holds up and how comfortable it is

2-TopFliteCartBag.jpeg.1281de391b544c096919b30ff414b9d6.jpeg  3-StitchBagWebsitePic.jpeg.424520899e929ffe6ac5ba004eefa5ca.jpeg

####################################################################################

Aesthetics (20 out of 20)

The Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway is a great looking bag! Stitch Golf delivered on a sleek, clean bag that delivers on overall functionality, comfort, and quality. The bag is clean cut top to bottom. Several color options simply fit the brand and make it a fun bag! One of the best aesthetics is the personalized ingot - having your initials or any other 2 or 3 letter inscription is a nice touch. Plus, this personalized ingot is easily changeable if you ever want to move on - gift it to family or upgrade later! These all combined give it a perfect score in aesthetics!

6-StitchBagFirstImpression(1).JPEG.80ba62fbaa802c1488d1b6e4b0bbc670.JPEG 6-StitchBagFirstImpression(3).JPEG.ec82684751185d8035f6f86f6aef4c0b.JPEG 6-StitchBagFirstImpression(6).JPEG.b22e233da6a67dee4f74b402a71f5e07.JPEG 

6-StitchBagFirstImpression(4).JPEG.fec0a984bf4eb34f992369f532b57c8f.JPEG 6-StitchBagFirstImpression(8).JPEG.d4f16da1512344dd7821b01d628c6db9.JPEG 6-StitchBagFirstImpression(7).JPEG.591c9e2c5a1cce451753b016d2e07d74.JPEG

The Numbers (20 out of 20)

This category is all about how the golf bag improved my game. I am comfortable giving this a perfect score as the bag didn't change any of my game. The bag served its purpose well whether that was a round walking or in a cart. 

On the Course (18 out of 20)

The SL2 Fadeaway does exactly what Stitch Golf intended - it is lightweight, comfortable, and functional. The golf bag is noticeably lightweight, even when full. It is very easy to pick up one-handed to move around. The golf bag's high quality is the next noticeable part with its thick, comfortable padding in the shoulder straps and the hip pad. Lastly, the functionality jumps out with it being delivered with both one and two shoulder strap options and how easily you can swap them back-and-forth. 

Ultimately, the two points lost here were for the pockets. While Stitch Golf is marketing this to the "weekend golfing warrior," the pockets leave a bit to be desired. Keeping in mind this is for the weekend warrior, I only docked two points and not more. 

1. (-1) Once the smaller pocket has golf balls and other golf supplies, the water bottle pocket becomes very tight. The pocket seems measured to your everyday plastic water bottle and not to personal water tumblers. Fitting my Yeti or MiiR ramblers were tight, but did fit with some push. 
  2. (-1) The pockets are restrictive overall. I was hopeful after several rounds of being in-and-out of the pockets, they would stretch some. Since they didn't, in a way this speaks to the overall quality. However, trying to get a spare ball, extra tees, etc. becomes a bit burdensome mid-round. But again, keeping in mind the "weekend golfing warrior" aspect, this begins to make sense to keep the bag lightweight for weekend trips or the every-round walking golfer.

10-ValuablesBagBigPocket(2).JPEG.2580da14b1a15fe878107842d2958a61.JPEG 10-ValuablesBagBigPocket(1).JPEG.2614af4b132134729e2c9ed17d3680bf.JPEG 

10-WaterBottlePocket.JPEG.7be7375049658b3dc1f439875435e5c2.JPEG 10-WaterBottleBumping.JPEG.4eea092d438a33f0244c349a08bf171b.JPEG

The Good, the Bad, the Inbetween (9 out of 10)

The good - in my three original review goals, two of them are in the good...that is great in my opinion! I hoped to answer the use in walking and cart rounds and how comfortable and durable the golf bag was. The lightweight and functionality of the golf bag stands out! Additionally, the bag is versatile with walking and cart rounds.

The bad - this is where the point is lost in this category. The pockets leave a bit to be desired, even for a "weekend golfing warrior" bag. There are a good amount of pockets- small and large, valuables, water bottle, and pencil pockets. After putting in the golf necessities, the pockets become tight, making them hard to use during the round. The valuables pocket doesn't easily fit a phone but I didn't worry too much about this with how phones have become the scorecard and rangefinder in today's game. And lastly, the water bottle pocket is meant for a plastic water bottle, not your reusable rambler. 

The inbetween - the club dividers. The 4-way divider works well. I personally could not find a reason to dislike it. It really comes down to personal preference and club selection. I do like having the 14-way divider but recognize that means more weight. Then, with my WITB, my desire for symmetry takes a hit. I end up with 3 irons in the left divider and 4 irons in the right - it is uneven! Ha. But that is me and probably not everyone so I leave this neutral and no points removed. 

Play it or Trade it? (15 out of 20)

I will play it! The Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway is a truly amazing bag! It is worth giving it a try, especially if you have any plans to do any golf trips or walk more rounds. I love how lightweight it is and so I will play it, making sure I restock golf balls, tees, etc. before each round. I also love how compact it is making it easier to fit in-and-out of my truck. 

I docked five points here because this bag is not one I would take into a big tournament or any other serious play. It simply doesn't hold enough (back to the pockets). If you are wanting a bag to hold extra stuff for a big tournament, then you may look elsewhere. However, that said, this bag looks so so good!! So then again, maybe you would be proud standing on the podium with it sitting right next to you! 

Conclusion

The Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway is an amazing golf bag for their target customer- the "weekend golfing warrior." The bag is very lightweight, durable, and functional. The quality of the bag jumps out at you from the moment you unbox it. There are no major red flags with this golf bag, only minor "I would have done this differently" (but you will get that with any product when looking at it this closely). 

I plan to make this my main golf bag. I want the flexibility to walk and ride. With the single and double shoulder strap options that quickly change out, this bag will be great. I would recommend this bag to the everyday walker, the weekend traveler, the stylish golfer, or simply, someone that wants a high quality bag that will hold up in any condition you throw at it!

Final Score (91.5 out of 100)

Edited by Q22Golf

Driver: TaylorMade M6, stiff, 9°, 45.75"

3W: Lazrus 3 Wood, regular, 15°, 43.5"

3H: Lazrus 3 Hybrid, regular, 18°, 40.75"

5i-PW,AW: TaylorMade M6, steel (PW-43.5°, AW-49° [both 36.00"-D1/C9])

52°W: Lazrus, 52°, 8°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

56°W: Lazrus, 56°, 12°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

60°W: Lazrus, 60°, 10°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydroblast, 35", Flow Neck #9 (21° toe hang), KBS Chrome C-Taper Stepless Stability, Superstroke Gtr 1.0 grip

Ball: TaylorMade TP5x, Titleist Pro V1x, experimenting with Snell & Vice

Bag: testing - Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway walking bag (active review post link)

Congratulations to our testers and big thanks to Stitch Golf for their first member test with the forums!  I know from talking with them that they are very excited for the test and are looking forward to seeing how our testers like the SL2 stand bag!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Congrats testers! Love the looks of this bag and can't wait to hear what you guys think about it. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Congratulations testers. I’m in the market for a new lightweight bag so this is one that peaked my interest. Looking forward to your reviews. 

:callaway-small: Jaws 58 wedge

:callaway-small:Paradym 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, P, AW, GW

:callaway-small: Paradym 3wood, 5wood, 7wood and Driver

:odyssey-small: White hot OG Seven putter

Congrats all! Can't wait to see the pics of the bags you all will be testing.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Best of luck putting these bags through the paces! Someone please get the blue/white. That combo is 🔥 

• PING G430 LST 10.5 driver
  • Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3w
  • PING G400 5w
  • Cobra Speedzone 3h
  • Srixon z585 irons 5-AW
  • Cleveland CBX2 52
  • Cleveland CBX 56
  • PING Heppler Anser 2 putter

18 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced! 

image.png

Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bags

Stitch Golf is here for member testing this year and has created what they believe is "the perfect walking bag" in the SL2 Golf Bag.

Designed using STITCH® Touring Fabric, a proprietary product used in STITCH® bags that has the strength of leather, but is more durable, lightweight and water resistant.  Each SL2 Bag also features:

An interchangeable single and double strap with the convenience of a stand.

A super light weight of just over 4 pounds. and combines styles and functionality.

Equipped with one full length apparel pocket, a golf ball pocket, a pocket lined with felt for valuables and one insulated for a beverage, the SL2™ provides ample storage for your round.

A 4-way top divider completed with lift-assist handles ensures you have an effortless day on the course.

The SL2 is the bag for you if you are the "weekend golfing warrior" who plays hard and prefers walking. Featuring multiple dividers, optimal storage, and a two shoulder harness system, the SL2 provides ultimate comfort as the perfect walking bag.

image.png

Please welcome and congratulate our testers!

@josmi15

@PeterHenric

@ChiefMikeOfficer

@Q22Golf

Congrats testers! These look pretty awesome!

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

Congratulations Testers!! ⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

3 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Congrats testers! Love the looks of this bag and can't wait to hear what you guys think about it. 

Agreed, very good looking bags (from the photos)! I’m a big fan of the navy blue fadeaway version

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

21 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced! 

image.png

Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bags

Stitch Golf is here for member testing this year and has created what they believe is "the perfect walking bag" in the SL2 Golf Bag.

Designed using STITCH® Touring Fabric, a proprietary product used in STITCH® bags that has the strength of leather, but is more durable, lightweight and water resistant.  Each SL2 Bag also features:

An interchangeable single and double strap with the convenience of a stand.

A super light weight of just over 4 pounds. and combines styles and functionality.

Equipped with one full length apparel pocket, a golf ball pocket, a pocket lined with felt for valuables and one insulated for a beverage, the SL2™ provides ample storage for your round.

A 4-way top divider completed with lift-assist handles ensures you have an effortless day on the course.

The SL2 is the bag for you if you are the "weekend golfing warrior" who plays hard and prefers walking. Featuring multiple dividers, optimal storage, and a two shoulder harness system, the SL2 provides ultimate comfort as the perfect walking bag.

image.png

Please welcome and congratulate our testers!

@josmi15

@PeterHenric

@ChiefMikeOfficer

@Q22Golf

Congratulations and I look forward to your reviews!

Enjoying the game 

Congrats testers .. those bags are sweet

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Congrats testers! Good looking bags, now the fun begins! 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Enjoy Testers. Run this through its paces and be the bag man

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Congrats. to this group of testers.

Interested to see the comments and reviews, as Stitch seems to really try to make a great effort to cater to those who walk the courses on a regular basis.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Congrats testers! I’m in the market for a new bag and have been eyeing these. Curious on the reviews of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver:   :taylormade-small:TaylorMade - R11s 

4 Wood:   :callaway-logo-1:Callaway - Big Bertha War Bird

Irons:   :mizuno-small:4 - GW  Mizuno Pro 223 w/ Dynamic Gold 105

Wedges:   Lazrus 56* & :titleist-small:Titleist Vokey 60*

Putter:  :ping-small: Ping Zing Blade

Bag: :nike-small:

I love my new MGS Forum bag, but these look awfully good. Cant wait to see the reviews from all of you!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Congratulations to the testers. Awesome looking bags. Looking forward to the reviews. 

Driver - Callaway Paradym 10.5

4 wood - Callaway UW 17 degree

7 wood - Titleist TSR 2

Irons - Callaway Apex TCP 4-PW

Wedges - 50 & 54 Callaway Jaws

Wedge - 58 Callaway PM Grind

Putter - Odyssey O-Works V Line Fang CH Red

Congrats testers!  Sweet looking bag to test out 👍

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Congrats to the testers. I’m looking to buy a new carry bag as a Christmas present for my two sons and this brand is on my short list. I’ll be following along closely. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift