Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

South Central: NM, OK, AR, TX, LA, MS

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 
    1. I picked up golf in 7th grade when golf was included in school sports programs and have been crazy about it ever since. I currently have a GHIN of 2.1. 
  2. What do you love about golf? 
    1. As a retired collegiate baseball athlete, who is psychotic about competition, it fills that void of competing against myself and others. Even though golf is definitely more frustrating than any outing I have encountered in baseball. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 
    1. First seen Spy on Twitter and would read all the club and golf ball reviews/data that were posted and it intrigued me to join the team and better my game further. 
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? 
    1. Navasota, Texas and my home course is normally Pecan Lakes Golf Course but haven't played there in about 2 years due to poor course condition and unplayable temporary greens. I would consider the course I play the most is the Texas A&M Campus Course. 
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 
    1. The best, having hundreds of golf courses within an hour of my house to go and play for reasonable cost. 
    2. The worst, the hellish summers with droughts that obliterate golf course grass. 
  6. What do you do for a living? 
    1. System Operator for an electric Co-op company
  7. How’d you pick your user name? 
    1. Same username I use on most, if not all, of my socials or any accounts online that I am apart of. 

TaylorMade Qi10 LS - HZRDOUS Black Gen 4 80 -0.5" (Firm)

TaylorMade Gapr 2i

TaylorMade SIM 3W 

Mizuno Pro 223

TaylorMade MG3 50,54,60

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Realized I never jumped in on this thread when I joined a little while back, and looking through everything looks like I'm probably one of the few in the DFW area on here currently: 

@The TXBexar I'm in North Dallas, near White Rock Lake.  If you are in East Dallas, we are likely pretty close.

I haven't done my intro post yet.  Just registered a few days ago.  Will do that soon.

Cleveland TA-3 Forged - 4-9i

Cleveland 588 RTG - PW, GW

Mizuno T24 - SW

Mizuno Tzoid 9degree driver

Adams Assault 13degree 3w

Adams Tight Lies Tour 15 degree 5w

Adams Mission putter

On 9/12/2024 at 6:08 PM, JMooreTX said:

@The TXBexar I'm in North Dallas, near White Rock Lake.  If you are in East Dallas, we are likely pretty close.

I haven't done my intro post yet.  Just registered a few days ago.  Will do that soon.

Welcome to the club! It's costly, time consuming, and everyone's a bad influence, but it's a damn lot of fun in here too.

And I know that area fairly well, I used to live just off the South side of White Rock lake about a mile from the arboretum, but moved a few years ago further East and live right by Lake Ray Hubbard now. Still a member of the Arboretum though as we like to go there throughout the year still.

Driver:   2024 Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 9deg(wgt'd draw w/ hosel set +1&draw)
Hybrids:  2022 TSR2 - 3Hybrid(19Deg)
Irons:    2023 T790 5-9i,Pw,Aw - Dynamic Gold 115g Stiff
Wedges:   2024 Vokey SM10 55Deg(56Deg loft adj. -1) - same
Putter:   2004 Scotty Cameron Futura - 38.25", 4Deg Lie
Ball:     2020 Vice Pro, Callaway SuperHot/SuperSoft Matte