Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1 hour ago, Theonlyjonesy said:

Hello, I’m from Boise, ID. Played golf since a young age even if my 14 handicap doesn’t show it haha.  I love the game and love to travel to play different courses.  I work as a CRNA, it’s a fun job. 

Hello, I’m from Boise, ID. Played golf since a young age even if my 14 handicap doesn’t show it haha.  I love the game and love to travel to play different courses.  I work as a CRNA, it’s a fun job. 

Welcome to MGS and the forum!  I've played several of the courses around Boise and liked them all. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

2 hours ago, Theonlyjonesy said:

Love that area! Sister lives in Caldwell and I try to play every time I visit.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* Steadfast Jupiter S or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* Steadfast Jupiter S

Woods: TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png3W Mini TaylorMade S

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H&4H 0317 Steadfast Jupiter S

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD Proj.X IO shaft 6.5

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* Titleist Wedge Shafts

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

2 minutes ago, Erin B said:

Love that area! Sister lives in Caldwell and I try to play every time I visit.

Nice!  My wife is from Caldwell. I like to play timber stone out there. Fun course

Brian Jones D:TM Sim 3:TM Mini Driver I:TM P790 W:TM HiToe P:TM Palisades 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! Excited to join MyGolfSpy community. I have loved reading the reviews and content and figure it is time to jump in.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Aside from my dad taking me to the range when in my teens and deciding I wasnt good enough to go out on the course, I have been "playing" since December 2022, almost two years now. The first year was primarily the range and local par-3 courses because I was too nervous to walk out on a full 18. I normally shoot right around 100, a little more/little less is quite normal.

What do you love about golf?

I love golf for so many reasons, some of which are that my wife and I get to walk together for 4 hours whenever we play and we love that time together - and hope to do so well into our later years in life. I love the mental challenge - thinking I "know" how to do something, but then realizing that connected that thought to my actual body is so difficult and I love that challenge.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Pretty sure it was some add or thread on Reddit.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Live in Seattle, near Ballard. I dont feel like I have a home course as I just jump around to the munis around us. Probably Jackson, Jefferson and West Seattle are the most frequented.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best thing - Year round golf and being less than an hour drive to playing some wonderful courses in the forest. Worst thing - seems like there are more private clubs than public nearby that I will never get to even step foot on.

What do you do for a living?

Work in the Aerospace industry

How’d you pick your user name?

An old coworker gave me that nickname, I just changed the normal "Sticks" to "Stix" as those are my clubs currently.

Thanks everyone! Excited to be here!

SwizzleStix

Driver: Stix 9.5°
Fairway: Stix 5W
Hybrid: Stix 4H
Irons: Stix P-5i
Wedges: Stix 52°, 56°, 60°
Putter: Stix Mallet
Ball: Vice Pro Plus

Hey,

My name is Kevin Li and I currently am located at Palmer Alaska.

I started playing golf May 26th 2024 and according to my golf tracker (The Grint) I currently have a handicap of 20. My current trend is scoring somewhere around 95-100 at the Palmer Golf Course playing from the white tees however from what I hear that's a very easy golf course (and I believe them).

Honestly it's hard to really put into word. I think golf is a art form, the idea of getting a ball that's roughly 1.5 inches hundred of yards into a hole is something pure. It's also been motivating me to be more active and lose weight.

I'll be honest I like the logo and when reading reviews I liked how technical yet easy to read the articles were.

I've moved around a lot so I won't say anywhere specific. Born in NY, I grew up in Hong Kong but have lived in America for more than half my life now. My current home base is Palmer Alaska with my home course currently being the Palmer golf course.

The best thing about golf in Alaska is the view and how affordable it is. The Palmer Golf Course season pass is $850 and many other course you can play for under $100 including cart. The worst thing is that the course conditions aren't the best since the golf season is so short.

I work for the local government

It was generated in middle school and is a combination of my name and my graduation date

IMG_7520.png

Driver:   Titlelist GT3

Wood:   Titlelist TSR 3 wood

Irons:    Takomo 201

Wedge:  Maltby TSW 50, 54, 58 degree

Putter:   Taylormade Spider X Hydro Blast

Balls:      Maxfli Tour with Max Alignment

Welcome to MGS  @SwizzleStixand @14likd1 !

@SwizzleStix which Stix clubs did you go with?  We have a Stix thread going from a test earlier this summer.  Feel free to chime in your thoughts.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

On 9/13/2024 at 11:11 AM, SwizzleStix said:

Hi Everyone! Excited to join MyGolfSpy community. I have loved reading the reviews and content and figure it is time to jump in.

Aside from my dad taking me to the range when in my teens and deciding I wasnt good enough to go out on the course, I have been "playing" since December 2022, almost two years now. The first year was primarily the range and local par-3 courses because I was too nervous to walk out on a full 18. I normally shoot right around 100, a little more/little less is quite normal.

I love golf for so many reasons, some of which are that my wife and I get to walk together for 4 hours whenever we play and we love that time together - and hope to do so well into our later years in life. I love the mental challenge - thinking I "know" how to do something, but then realizing that connected that thought to my actual body is so difficult and I love that challenge.

Pretty sure it was some add or thread on Reddit.

Live in Seattle, near Ballard. I dont feel like I have a home course as I just jump around to the munis around us. Probably Jackson, Jefferson and West Seattle are the most frequented.

Best thing - Year round golf and being less than an hour drive to playing some wonderful courses in the forest. Worst thing - seems like there are more private clubs than public nearby that I will never get to even step foot on.

Work in the Aerospace industry

An old coworker gave me that nickname, I just changed the normal "Sticks" to "Stix" as those are my clubs currently.

Thanks everyone! Excited to be here!

Welcome to the Forum!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

9 hours ago, 14likd1 said:

Hey,

My name is Kevin Li and I currently am located at Palmer Alaska.

I started playing golf May 26th 2024 and according to my golf tracker (The Grint) I currently have a handicap of 20. My current trend is scoring somewhere around 95-100 at the Palmer Golf Course playing from the white tees however from what I hear that's a very easy golf course (and I believe them).

Honestly it's hard to really put into word. I think golf is a art form, the idea of getting a ball that's roughly 1.5 inches hundred of yards into a hole is something pure. It's also been motivating me to be more active and lose weight.

I'll be honest I like the logo and when reading reviews I liked how technical yet easy to read the articles were.

I've moved around a lot so I won't say anywhere specific. Born in NY, I grew up in Hong Kong but have lived in America for more than half my life now. My current home base is Palmer Alaska with my home course currently being the Palmer golf course.

The best thing about golf in Alaska is the view and how affordable it is. The Palmer Golf Course season pass is $850 and many other course you can play for under $100 including cart. The worst thing is that the course conditions aren't the best since the golf season is so short.

I work for the local government

It was generated in middle school and is a combination of my name and my graduation date

IMG_7520.png

Welcome to MGS! Very nice bag!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

On 9/15/2024 at 2:08 AM, Rob Person said:

Welcome to MGS  @SwizzleStixand @14likd1 !

@SwizzleStix which Stix clubs did you go with?  We have a Stix thread going from a test earlier this summer.  Feel free to chime in your thoughts.

I have the second generation, right before they started producing steel shafts and adjustable loft drivers.
So I'm playing their stiff Graphite set. Been great for a beginner like me.

SwizzleStix

Driver: Stix 9.5°
Fairway: Stix 5W
Hybrid: Stix 4H
Irons: Stix P-5i
Wedges: Stix 52°, 56°, 60°
Putter: Stix Mallet
Ball: Vice Pro Plus

I went back to school in my late 30's (Civil Engineering at Oregon State University) and came up one credit short in my final term this past spring. I took a 1 credit Golf 1 class kind of as a joke and was almost immediately completely obsessed. So I've officially been playing about 6 months. I don't know my handicap yet, planning on going down that road next season, arccos says 39.6 (yikes). I usually play 9-hole courses, but my 2 18 hole rounds have been just under 100.

I love how making the smallest change can have such a dramatic effect on my game/swing. I have a background in very technical skateboarding and focusing on the minutia of how a small change in hand/wrist position or weight distribution can have a big impact on an outcome without the ending up laying on the concrete is a nice change.

I don't know any other Spies. I found it through the podcast and the fact that I love analyzing gear more than I should at my skill level. I enjoy reading reviews, especially from the community/everyman perspective and look forward to being able to contribute myself once my game is a little more solid.

I've bounced around in my life spending most of my adult life in Los Angeles, but I've ended up where I began in Medford, Oregon. I don't know that I have a home course per se, still deciding on that as we just moved back here a month ago. My wife just got a job that may get us a discount at Quail Point though, so there or Centennial may be where I end up most.

My assumptions are going to be the temperatures. The heat in the summer and the cold in the winter. I know there are regions much worse than here, but if forced to guess it's that. Or the drought maybe?

I just graduated as a Civil Engineer but have gone the Construction Management route to begin with. still trying to find my passion in the field.

I don't like using my real name online and my kiddo picked this for my user name on a game site recently and I thought it was funny.

Edit: I just realized I never mentioned WIMB. I'm transitioning away from hand me downs and was gifted Ping G425 irons and driver a month ago, however I was gifted by a non golfer so my irons are stiff shaft and I think I'll be switching to Takomo 101s for a year or two until I feel getting fitted will be worth it. I'm still using a no-name 5-wood and 3-hybrid bridging the gap between irons and driver and just picked up a set of Lazrus wedges for funsies (the backspin I can get is mind boggling). Looking to pick up a new 5 and 7-wood to replace my existing wood/hybrid in the next month or so.

Edited by Jangler
Missing info.

24 minutes ago, Jangler said:

I went back to school in my late 30's (Civil Engineering at Oregon State University) and came up one credit short in my final term this past spring. I took a 1 credit Golf 1 class kind of as a joke and was almost immediately completely obsessed. So I've officially been playing about 6 months. I don't know my handicap yet, planning on going down that road next season, arccos says 39.6 (yikes). I usually play 9-hole courses, but my 2 18 hole rounds have been just under 100.

I love how making the smallest change can have such a dramatic effect on my game/swing. I have a background in very technical skateboarding and focusing on the minutia of how a small change in hand/wrist position or weight distribution can have a big impact on an outcome without the ending up laying on the concrete is a nice change.

I don't know any other Spies. I found it through the podcast and the fact that I love analyzing gear more than I should at my skill level. I enjoy reading reviews, especially from the community/everyman perspective and look forward to being able to contribute myself once my game is a little more solid.

I've bounced around in my life spending most of my adult life in Los Angeles, but I've ended up where I began in Medford, Oregon. I don't know that I have a home course per se, still deciding on that as we just moved back here a month ago. My wife just got a job that may get us a discount at Quail Point though, so there or Centennial may be where I end up most.

My assumptions are going to be the temperatures. The heat in the summer and the cold in the winter. I know there are regions much worse than here, but if forced to guess it's that. Or the drought maybe?

I just graduated as a Civil Engineer but have gone the Construction Management route to begin with. still trying to find my passion in the field.

I don't like using my real name online and my kiddo picked this for my user name on a game site recently and I thought it was funny.

Edit: I just realized I never mentioned WIMB. I'm transitioning away from hand me downs and was gifted Ping G425 irons and driver a month ago, however I was gifted by a non golfer so my irons are stiff shaft and I think I'll be switching to Takomo 101s for a year or two until I feel getting fitted will be worth it. I'm still using a no-name 5-wood and 3-hybrid bridging the gap between irons and driver and just picked up a set of Lazrus wedges for funsies (the backspin I can get is mind boggling). Looking to pick up a new 5 and 7-wood to replace my existing wood/hybrid in the next month or so.

Welcome!!!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* Steadfast Jupiter S or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* Steadfast Jupiter S

Woods: TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png3W Mini TaylorMade S

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H&4H 0317 Steadfast Jupiter S

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD Proj.X IO shaft 6.5

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* Titleist Wedge Shafts

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

36 minutes ago, Jangler said:

Welcome to the Forum!

48 minutes ago, Jangler said:

Welcome aboard!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.