Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Precision Pro NX9 HD Rangefinder

Our Sponsors

Great second stage review.  I would of still contacted their customer service for the issues you were experiencing for a swap out.  Never know if there will be issues down the road.  Plus, Precision Pro could do a root cause analysis on that NX9 to see if it's a one off issue or something that might effect all of the NX9's out there.

MDGolfHacker

I had a problem with my NX7 Pro and they immediately sent me a new one without waiting for mine to go back so I wouldn't be without a LRF. Fabulous customer service.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

This topic just remained me. I need to replace the battery; again in my NX7 Pro. I seem to recall replacing it just a couple months or so ago. To me I think this LRF drains a battery quickly. I hope that's all it is as I think the NXS-P is a good one. 

6 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

This topic just remained me. I need to replace the battery; again in my NX7 Pro. I seem to recall replacing it just a couple months or so ago. To me I think this LRF drains a battery quickly. I hope that's all it is as I think the NXS-P is a good one. 

@PlaidJacketI've used my NX7 Pro all summer (virtually every day) and just replaced my battery. Could be the battery - but if that happens again  I'd contact PP maybe the on/off switch is malfunctioning. 

6 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

maybe the on/off switch is malfunctioning. 

I didn't know there was such a switch. Mine is wrapped in a magnetic Velcro sleeve thing that I attach to the cart.

Just now, PlaidJacket said:

I didn't know there was such a switch. Mine is wrapped in a magnetic Velcro sleeve thing that I attach to the cart.

news to me also and I'm testing one😂

I dont believe there is a switch on the NX9 plus Precision Pro give free battery replacements for the first 2 years.

1 minute ago, perseveringgolfer said:

news to me also and I'm testing one😂

I dont believe there is a switch on the NX9 plus Precision Pro give free battery replacements for the first 2 years.

Sorry - using old terminology. The on button on top of the unit is what I was referring to. The one you have to press to activate the unit and then press again to measure. 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 9:30 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

Using in the wind

@perseveringgolfer just curious what the issue was with the wind. I play a lot of times in windy weather here on the Great Lakes (generally 15-20 mph) and haven't had an issue. On the other hand we do have reflectors on the flagsticks so I get quick acquisition. Wondering if there's a difference in target acquisition between my Pro model and the HD. . 

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

@perseveringgolfer just curious what the issue was with the wind. I play a lot of times in windy weather here on the Great Lakes (generally 15-20 mph) and haven't had an issue. On the other hand we do have reflectors on the flagsticks so I get quick acquisition. Wondering if there's a difference in target acquisition between my Pro model and the HD. . 

shaky hands and wind dont make good bedfellows when I'm lasering 180 yds away 🌬️ I think reflectors would be great but I havent seen any course here with them, so far.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

shaky hands and wind dont make good bedfellows when I'm lasering 180 yds away 🌬️ I think reflectors would be great but I havent seen any course here with them, so far.

That's probably the difference. Most of the courses I play have reflectors on the flag sticks. On those that don't I've steadied my hand by leaning against the golf cart or leaned on my push cart. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Snipers/Sharpshooters are taught to hold their breath when taking a shot as it helps steady the body.  You should give that a try and see if it helps you to tag the flags. 🏌️‍♂️

48 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Snipers/Sharpshooters are taught to hold their breath when taking a shot as it helps steady the body.  You should give that a try and see if it helps you to tag the flags. 🏌️‍♂️

I hold it until I nearly pass out😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hold it until I nearly pass out

Maybe that’s the problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Played a few holes tonight teeing off at 5.30 and got 13 in before darkness at 7.30pm. I used the laser fine until the light got to dusk then it couldnt target anything, but thats understandable. I was curious how it would be and to be fair even when the sun was just on the horizon it still picked up flags as normal (no wind helped). Last 3 holes I stopped trying, but wondered if anyone else has tried in evening light?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Played a few holes tonight teeing off at 5.30 and got 13 in before darkness at 7.30pm. I used the laser fine until the light got to dusk then it couldnt target anything, but thats understandable. I was curious how it would be and to be fair even when the sun was just on the horizon it still picked up flags as normal (no wind helped). Last 3 holes I stopped trying, but wondered if anyone else has tried in evening light?

Our round yesterday was wrapping up just after 6:30pm so it was starting to get just a bit darker, and I didn't have any issues. 

In fact, this was a higher-end course with reflectors on all the pins, and I was able to get yardages with just a laser or two. I found getting the correct distance with the NX9 to be so much easier on this course than some others I play. Granted, I'm usually at the muni or a par 3 where technically a rangefinder isn't really needed. However, on a course with reflective pins the NX9 shined. 

I still accidentally turned off slope twice, however. Still an issue there.

• Like 4