Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Formula 1

FrogginBullfish

Merc engines look to be lacking this year, all 5 out in q1 were running merc power. Still surprised to see Hamilton out in Q1  with Russell 4th.

Ferrari /RB look petty evenly matched. Should be a good race tomorrow, until crashes cause red flags. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

It is going to make for a very interesting season and one that will likely be very different race to race. I think what I'm most excited for is the development advances as the season goes. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I thought it was another exciting race today, the new cars are great

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

For sure, to avoid spoilers feel bad for some, but the safety car luck just didn't work out. 

Hopefully won't be as much of a issue for the next race. 

This track is pretty exciting. I don't love it and prefer Baku, but this has provided two very memorable races for us. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

For sure, to avoid spoilers feel bad for some, but the safety car luck just didn't work out. 

Hopefully won't be as much of a issue for the next race. 

This track is pretty exciting. I don't love it and prefer Baku, but this has provided two very memorable races for us. 

Yes, I think everyone can agree that latifi will always crash at the worst moment for a race leader on this circuit. Also, maybe he just shouldn't drive F1 on this track

WITB:

15 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Yes, I think everyone can agree that latifi will always crash at the worst moment for a race leader on this circuit. Also, maybe he just shouldn't drive F1 on this track

I think you could cut "on this track" from your sentence T2W. The dude is so bad, can we please get Williams a good second driver, someone like Fittipaldi or Piastri who need the laps in F1 cars for their eventual call-up? I know the contract stuff is sticky, but seriously, they have to be better

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Through a couple seasons I have no recollection of latifi doing anything good. so yeah, I'm sure he brings big sponsor dollars to the table, but maybe with the new budget caps the need for pay to drive seats will diminish. 

After watching Mags run so far ahead of Schumacher I'm really doubting his (Schumacher's) abilities too. Mostly looks like he is in on Legacy.  Albon doesn't seem to have any real winning pedigree either. Other then those three... I really think the rest of the grid is legit talent that would complete for race wins if their were swapped out with a RB or Ferrari seat. Norris, Riccardo, Botas, Mags, Stroll(can't believe this), both Alpines, both Mercs and both Alpha Tuari(!). Can't say much for Vettel with him out for the year, but he didn't show much last year to indicate that he was any more then a replacement driver these days. 

WITB:

49 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Through a couple seasons I have no recollection of latifi doing anything good. so yeah, I'm sure he brings big sponsor dollars to the table, but maybe with the new budget caps the need for pay to drive seats will diminish. 

After watching Mags run so far ahead of Schumacher I'm really doubting his (Schumacher's) abilities too. Mostly looks like he is in on Legacy.  Albon doesn't seem to have any real winning pedigree either. Other then those three... I really think the rest of the grid is legit talent that would complete for race wins if their were swapped out with a RB or Ferrari seat. Norris, Riccardo, Botas, Mags, Stroll(can't believe this), both Alpines, both Mercs and both Alpha Tuari(!). Can't say much for Vettel with him out for the year, but he didn't show much last year to indicate that he was any more then a replacement driver these days. 

I know Stroll has had his good moments, but to me this is a make or break year for his future potential. Unless AM just sucks then of course he will have an excuse, but with his Dad being there is little chance he gets the boot.

Tsunoda is another interesting one. If Gasly leaves, then can he step up? Or what my happen there. He does need to show more consistency in year 2. His car not making the grid last week hurt.

I hope the best for Mick. Cleaning up some of the crashes would go a Long Way. 

Aree with just about everything else. So much talent and so much talent on the bench. Makes even more sense to introduce that 11th team.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I know Stroll has had his good moments, but to me this is a make or break year for his future potential. Unless AM just sucks then of course he will have an excuse, but with his Dad being there is little chance he gets the boot.

Tsunoda is another interesting one. If Gasly leaves, then can he step up? Or what my happen there. He does need to show more consistency in year 2. His car not making the grid last week hurt.

I hope the best for Mick. Cleaning up some of the crashes would go a Long Way. 

Aree with just about everything else. So much talent and so much talent on the bench. Makes even more sense to introduce that 11th team.

I know Andretti is got the financing and plan in place, it really just comes down to the other teams agreeing to a bigger revenue split. I don't think you want to dilute too much but 1 or 2 more teams tops is probably right. The way F1 is setup for qualifying, I don't know how you could fit any more cars on the track, especially at places like Monaco. Maybe Fitipaldi would team up with Andretti, talk about two big legacy names on one team.....

WITB:

• 2 weeks later...

So, that was a little on the boring side. As far as the podium went. But the racing from p7-p12 was great

WITB:

On the plus side, my refusal to pick Verstappen against all common sense has actually paid off pretty well in our fantasy league 😃

WITB:

2 hours ago, Thin2win said:

On the plus side, my refusal to pick Verstappen against all common sense has actually paid off pretty well in our fantasy league 😃

Yeah, his two DNFs have hurt my squad greatly. Still going to pick him from Tier 1 in the next one!

My son is considering the University of Texas for college. If he goes, it will be an excuse to head down there for the race weekend at the Circuit of the Americas 😁

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

34 minutes ago, Hobert said:

Yeah, his two DNFs have hurt my squad greatly. Still going to pick him from Tier 1 in the next one!

My son is considering the University of Texas for college. If he goes, it will be an excuse to head down there for the race weekend at the Circuit of the Americas 😁

I have friends in Vegas and Austin... makes me feel good about 2023.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

I have friends in Vegas and Austin... makes me feel good about 2023.

I'll early vote for making both Vegas and Austin into golf spy meetings / f1 events

WITB:

11 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I'll early vote for making both Vegas and Austin into golf spy meetings / f1 events

Don't forget about Miami next month. Miami GP and Doral sounds like a good paring 😃

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Overall the racing this year seems to be better than in previous years.  For one, it seems like the new regs actually work and the cars are able to follow each other and much more closely for longer periods of time.  Also, the top 3 are still the top 3 but the other 7 teams all seem to be very very close.  Each week a different team seems to be very competitive and I don't really see anyone who is an automatic last place like you had with Williams and Haas over the last 3 seasons.  

I'm excited to see how the rest of the season plays out....I'm hoping Mercedes can figure out their porpoising issues and start competing for poles and victories so that we have a true 3 way battle at the front.  Definitely impressed with what I've seen from Russel so far this season, he's matching or besting Lewis' pace which is an accomplishment of its own.

If leclerc goes on to win this championship he will be a very popular winner. All the Hamilton fans that hate Verstappen, and the Verstappen fans that hate Hamilton will both be okay with someone else winning. Then all the faithful Ferrari fans will go nuts. Id like to see RB continue to catch fire, and merc find an engineer that understands ground effects, but I'm in on cheering for Leclerc this year. 😂

WITB:

• 1 month later...

Another race on the books. Wasn't too exciting, but had consistent moments throughout. Love the duct tape on Tsunodas car haha

Ferrari with plenty of issues along with their customer teams. 

Lots of bumps for Merc and team orders still somewhat in play for Red Bull.

Value Baku is one of my favorite tracks hands down, but this race was a bit dull

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Another race on the books. Wasn't too exciting, but had consistent moments throughout. Love the duct tape on Tsunodas car haha

Value Baku is one of my favorite tracks hands down, but this race was a bit dull

Yeah,  with Ferrari doing a double dnf, Wasn't much going on out front.  Russell gets another podium out of it.

I'm a merc/ Hamilton fan.  And I'm fully off the opinion that merc has the worst race strategy team in the paddock. I think they are so used to just having the fastest car and not really carrying about actual the strategy of when to pit, what tires to use,  etc. Watching them dump Hamilton behind slower traffic every race in a car that isn't up to par is comical. Russell has had a solid year,  and at the same time done really nothing. His race strategy keeps him in the hunt and in good position.  Merc needs to figure out it out.  RB are the best on the grid at it.  Having been the chasers in the slower car for years they have developed all the little things much better and are rightfully in the driver's seat for a championship.

WITB:

I also read it looks like the porpoising is do bad that Hamilton is a no go for Canada...

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Ferrari was seemingly bullet proof while the (still) Honda in the RB cars was having trouble.  Looks like the mileage is catching up to the Ferrari powertrains.  Merc will figure things out one of these days, Lewis has been getting the short end of the stick on a number of occasions.  While McLaren got it wrong with DR and Lando; DR finally beat his teammate.  

Lewis looked like he went through 12 rounds of a prime Tyson after he got out of the car.  Can't imagine doing close to 200 miles in a 200mph washing machine

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

On 6/12/2022 at 11:21 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Love the duct tape on Tsunodas car haha

That was an absolutely crazy thing, I dont recall seeing duck tape being used before, also it sucked for him that he could no longer use DRS for the race

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

7 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

That was an absolutely crazy thing, I dont recall seeing duck tape being used before, also it sucked for him that he could no longer use DRS for the race

Yeah it made zero sense why they did that since he had no chance of scoring points once he was forced to pit. 

As the announcers said, it seems like a serious safety issue to have the potential for the wing to break off and potentially hit another driver at worst or at best, hit the ground and shatter into a million carbon fiber pieces and cause a red flag.  I expect there is going to be a new rule or directive from the race director by the time we get to Montreal...

16 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

Yeah it made zero sense why they did that since he had no chance of scoring points once he was forced to pit. 

As the announcers said, it seems like a serious safety issue to have the potential for the wing to break off and potentially hit another driver at worst or at best, hit the ground and shatter into a million carbon fiber pieces and cause a red flag.  I expect there is going to be a new rule or directive from the race director by the time we get to Montreal...

I do get that they wanted to get him back on the track as soon as possible, but yeah, if that wing breaks off it could cause a whole lot of damage to other drivers.

I would think that when they have a component failure like the wing failing, they would need to replace it, before the car is back running.

It just made no sense.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Been a while since I jumped in here, but an interesting race this weekend and continued awful luck for Charles. Apparently only one can win at a time in the world of sport I suppose. Also, I'm super excited as a management loving gamer for F1 Manager to come in August... very excited.

SIK Golf Flo-C

• 3 weeks later...

Now that was a race!

SPOILIERS!

First glad Zhou is okay. I cannot believe the timing of his car flip and that it cleared the barrier entirely. Astonishing and I did notice live his car was upside down. . Just crazy. 

Max with another reliability issue that likely cost him the race as he was looking strong, but good on him to just stay out and get decent points. 

Congrats to Sainz on his first win. Crazy to think his other first win and other first pole was at the same track.

Albon gave Williams absolutely squat for the new car with no new info or anything for them to go off of. 

MSC with his first points in F1

Perez with a come back podium after damage on the first lap. 

Russells good deed going punished.

Hamilton showing signs of life.

Ferrari making another bad call for Leclerc

And so much more!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I had a Teriyaki lunch with @gavinski91and @Thin2win during our PNW Meet-up... and now I'm completely up to speed on F1 racing 🤣.   

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Now that was a race!

SPOILIERS!

First glad Zhou is okay. I cannot believe the timing of his car flip and that it cleared the barrier entirely. Astonishing and I did notice live his car was upside down. . Just crazy. 

Max with another reliability issue that likely cost him the race as he was looking strong, but good on him to just stay out and get decent points. 

Congrats to Sainz on his first win. Crazy to think his other first win and other first pole was at the same track.

Albon gave Williams absolutely squat for the new car with no new info or anything for them to go off of. 

MSC with his first points in F1

Perez with a come back podium after damage on the first lap. 

Russells good dead going punished.

Hamilton showing signs of life.

Ferrari making another bad call for Leclerc

And so much more!

The most interesting race this season so far IMO, for all the reasons you note. Worst crash I’ve seen in a long time, glad Zhou wasn’t hurt - a couple decades ago that would probably have been fatal.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Zhou's crash in golfing terms.

Part 3- take 7 iron after striping irons most the round. Setup well, start to make back swing and on the way down someone yells fore. 

Thin the ball like crazy, skips across the ground till it gets to the front bunker then suddenly pops up over the bunker right across the green and into the back bunker.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I do wonder if Copse will need to be reprofiled to slow the cars down moving forward after back to back years with drivers ending up in hospital for observation after high speed crashes there

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE