Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

14 hours ago, golferguy2727 said:

So I did the factory reset- and when completing the setup it suggested another firmware upgrade. This took me to 2.1.10 or similar.

once that was done I did another factory reset and it took me back to firmware 2.0.35, or similar. Then got another firmware upgrade to 2.1.13.

Am I supposed to “factory reset” after each firmware upgrade? In this case it resulted in a number of firmware installations and I’m not sure why.

When I did the factory reset, it immediately upgraded the firmware to 2.1.13, the latest.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

3 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

When I did the factory reset, it immediately upgraded the firmware to 2.1.13, the latest.

Thanks Phil - that’s what happened for me after the first reset/ update cycle. So do you factory reset after firmware updates as well? I have never had the need to do so after years of assorted technology firmware upgrades, but some of the comments in this thread refer to the factory reset in a way that makes its sound like a standard practice x5 users do as standard.

i appreciate the support from everyone in this journey - it takes a village (it seems) and this is a really nice village to be a part of 😊

Edited by golferguy2727
Typos as usual

Titleist T300 (2022) 5-PW, W48, W53 plus Taylormade Full Face 56 SW 

Current  driver Titleist TSi3

Hybrids Titleist 818 19 H2 23 H2

Gamer Putter Nike Method Matters B1-07

Ball Titleist Tour Speed / Taylormade Tour Response

Bag is Titleist Linksmaster 

Pushcart is Kaddey

Rangefinder is Voice Caddie SL2

Shotscope club tags 

@golferguy2727 for what it's worth I've never done a factory reset and I don't think I've had any more or any less issues than others.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

I got the V3 because I hate paying annual subscriptions.  I used Game Golf before they kinda went belly up.  I like the watch and the tags, although I'd prefer a system that easily and without extra cost integrated with my Apple watch...  I've seen lots of posts about people that have issues with finding a course, or missing shots.  I've fortunately not had any issues with finding a course.  Of course it misses a few shots a round, but rarely more than 4 or 5 and it doesn't take me more than 10 minutes to edit my round.  I use The Grint to track score and statistics during the round and simply compare when editing.  I find the statistics to be just right.  I mainly use it for the club distances and it has helped me tremendously in pulling the right club for the upcoming shot.  Also very useful information for putting, (60% miss short) but I haven't fully integrated that in game yet.  

I use a v3 watch and bought a set of the newer tags and put them on my clubs. The watch distances typically line up with my laser but the shot tracking seems to be about 80% accurate. LOL

For some reason it has me hitting my tee shot backwards to the driving range, chipping out from the range again and then hitting a driver onto the green.

In actuality I hit a 3w about 240, PW to the left of the green, chipped on and 2 putt; I didn't even take my driver out of the bag...

WTH?

image.png.fbed9413f431eb5ac5bfc56daf15fab4.png

and another one! I don't even know how to fix this... 🤣

image.png.5a4f2385850bc6bd34fd37f491e5e384.png

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

2 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

The watch distances typically line up with my laser but the shot tracking seems to be about 80% accurate. LOL

I've also noticed there can be -small- discrepancies in yardages reported between... distance to your target before the shot vs distance if you look at "Last Shot" vs distance of the tracked shot looking at it post-round... 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, also wanted to thank whomever it was that outlined the hard reset function -- tried it today for the first time after my watch lost the connection to my phone halfway through a course update sync! After the reset (and I did still have the latest version firmware and my particular settings) the Sync worked fine.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 6/27/2023 at 8:05 AM, cnosil said:

Pulled all the tags out of my clubs yesterday.  Nothing wrong with the device or what Shotscope tracks, just decided it wasn’t for me.  

Cnosil, I am sorry to see you go. You have been one of the 'early birds' regarding ShotScope & were/are a font of knowledge.

Edit: I see this isn't goodbye completely 👍

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

On 6/27/2023 at 8:05 AM, cnosil said:

Pulled all the tags out of my clubs yesterday.  Nothing wrong with the device or what Shotscope tracks, just decided it wasn’t for me.   I have mentioned it before but for me at my golf level, there is just too much information and it really doesn’t provide me a lot of guidance on what to improve.   I had gotten so I would capture a round, upload the data, look at the numbers and just say ok that’s interesting.  Even without the shotscope I could tell you that I needed to work on approach shots from 100-150, short game under 25, and 6-15 foot putts which is what all my data is telling me.   

Fair enough.  Hit 'em straight!

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

On 7/7/2023 at 8:01 PM, CudaKota66 said:

Cnosil, I am sorry to see you go. You have been one of the 'early birds' regarding ShotScope & were/are a font of knowledge.

Yep I second that! @cnosil hope you still check in from time to time to share your knowledge... Thx!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Glad I looked here, I was thinking do I need this. There is  a huge media push on shot scope. But reading some of the comments on here and yes the data would be interesting, but I have little or no patience with electronics and software faults .. so I won’t opt in.

Thank you guys for sharing the facts and not PR

Epic speed - GPLB in long flex 

Ping 425 max 3 wood/ Callaway Rogue 5w

PXG 7 wood/ Ping g425 Crossover 3 

Ping G430 irons 5- 46 degree (+2 degree loft)  ( graphite shafts) 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

Vokey SM6 60 degree M grind

yes Donna or maybe a centre shaft white hot 2ball 

assorted updates/ stand ins stored safely for the call up

Still adjusting the set up 

Were we just guinea pigs who plunked down $200+ for uncompensated product development??? 🤔

I would love to have @Gavin_Shot_Scope be an actual responder 🤐

I wake up to get this from my YouTube feed 

Golf Business News:
https://golfbusinessnews.com/news/new-products/shot-scope-launches-g5-gps-watch/

The Hackers Paradise

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/shot-scope-g5-gps-watch/

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

On 7/12/2023 at 5:43 AM, CudaKota66 said:

Were we just guinea pigs who plunked down $200+ for uncompensated product development??? 🤔

Golf Business News:
https://golfbusinessnews.com/news/new-products/shot-scope-launches-g5-gps-watch/

The Hackers Paradise

X5 was a painful intro for us - but it's still better than that subscription based company. I actually look forward to SS introducing even more products into the golf market as it assures a more long term viable company. 

On 7/7/2023 at 10:53 AM, StrokerAce said:

I use a v3 watch and bought a set of the newer tags and put them on my clubs. The watch distances typically line up with my laser but the shot tracking seems to be about 80% accurate. LOL

For some reason it has me hitting my tee shot backwards to the driving range, chipping out from the range again and then hitting a driver onto the green.

In actuality I hit a 3w about 240, PW to the left of the green, chipped on and 2 putt; I didn't even take my driver out of the bag...

WTH?

image.png.fbed9413f431eb5ac5bfc56daf15fab4.png

and another one! I don't even know how to fix this... 🤣

image.png.5a4f2385850bc6bd34fd37f491e5e384.png

Did you ever get a response back from SS? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

22 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

X5 was a painful intro for us - but it's still better than that subscription based company. I actually look forward to SS introducing even more products into the golf market as it assures a more long term viable company. 

Did you ever get a response back from SS? 

I never bothered to ask them about it. It was probably user error... 😆

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

On 7/12/2023 at 5:43 AM, CudaKota66 said:

Golf Business News:

The Hackers Paradise

Should anyone have a lot of time to waste, they'd find that I've said the same thing while in the throes of X5 frustration. And I still believe that to be true even though my X5 has settled down to a very solid performing device. We ALL had a hand in making that happen! I'm also sure that the G5 directly benefited from our experiences, but I don't deny SS the ability to launch new products. Heck, you could say the same thing about any product; improvements on newly launched products always benefit from the previous generation. 

So, I would have felt much better if SS had asked for beta testers (there'd have been a lot from this forum alone!) even if we still paid for the device, new products only help us in the long run, IMHO of course.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

1 hour ago, MIgregb said:

Should anyone have a lot of time to waste, they'd find that I've said the same thing while in the throes of X5 frustration. And I still believe that to be true even though my X5 has settled down to a very solid performing device. We ALL had a hand in making that happen! I'm also sure that the G5 directly benefited from our experiences, but I don't deny SS the ability to launch new products. Heck, you could say the same thing about any product; improvements on newly launched products always benefit from the previous generation. 

So, I would have felt much better if SS had asked for beta testers (there'd have been a lot from this forum alone!) even if we still paid for the device, new products only help us in the long run, IMHO of course.

Yup I agree - with the number of rounds this group plays and the abuse/workout we would give it - it might have solved initial problems. And even the best have problems, i.e. Apple just pulled it's last iOS security update. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 7/12/2023 at 4:43 AM, CudaKota66 said:

Were we just guinea pigs who plunked down $200+ for uncompensated product development???

I don't know that Shot Scope introducing the G5, which obviously benefited from the X5 experience and feedback, is anything to be upset about. It should have been anticipated, given the V3 had the companion G3. Certainly, there were more issues with the X5 than Shot Scope anticipated, but there were issues with the V3 when it first came out, too. I'm also of the opinion that what led to some of the issues were adding features that everyone seemed to complain were lacking with the V3, such as "steps" and "scoring", and maybe even the idea of a touch screen like many other watches. I think the critical thing to consider is not the fact that there were issues, but how Shot Scope responded to them. They had to be as frustrated with the problems as we as users were. My X5, since the 2.1.13 firmware update, and after doing a "factory reset", has been rock solid.

Could Shot Scope have done a better job testing the X5 before final release? Of course, but that is hindsight. We don't know what possible constraints or delays in releasing the X5 were put upon them by their suppliers, necessitating release without the benefit of prolonged testing.

20 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

....They had to be as frustrated with the problems as we as users were. My X5, since the 2.1.13 firmware update, and after doing a "factory reset", has been rock solid....

Agree! My only remaining disappointment is battery life. I commented a couple of pages back that I thought with some careful planning, one could get 36 holes of battery life. Today, I don't think that's easily done. My last round was played in 1 hr 50 mins on the front nine, a 45-minute period between where the X5 was on watch mode only, then the back nine taking 2hrs 10 minutes. The battery was at 44%. The course is heavily wooded and there were occasional thick clouds which, I think, causes the X5 to work harder to maintain a connection. But those aren't conditions over which I have any control and the X5 should be better at performing in those kinds of routine conditions. I think they need to take their statement, "Long battery life in golf mode lasting over 2 rounds" out of the product description as I'm willing to bet that 2 rounds of life is the exception rather than the rule. They have enough challenges without setting up unreasonable expectations for prospective buyers.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

1 hour ago, MIgregb said:

My only remaining disappointment is battery life. I commented a couple of pages back that I thought with some careful planning, one could get 36 holes of battery life. Today, I don't think that's easily done.

At my age, I am past the point where I would even attempt to play 36 holes. I just wonder if, as the battery life gets really low, if it may go into a "low power" mode. I would hate to suggest trying to get in a 2nd 18 with less than 50% battery life remaining, especially if it didn't make it, screwing up data collection for that 2nd round. However, that may be the only way to see if it can be done.

I just wonder if some of the added features (compared to the V3) that people complained were lacking, such as steps and maybe even the green screen, touch screen, scoring, etc., haven't been behind some of the issues as well as the drain on battery life.

Is there any way to custom name clubs in our "bag"? Now we are limited to the pre selected names. My reason is I want to try different configurations of the same club. For example, on driver, different shafts, different lofts and so on. This way I can compare the data for different configurations. Now I would have to have multiples of the same club name just with different colors in my bag. It would be difficult to keep track of which color was which configuration. Is there any way to do what I'm looking to do?

I believe you have to stick with the current brand configuration. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, rlb4 said:

Is there any way to custom name clubs in our "bag"? Now we are limited to the pre selected names. My reason is I want to try different configurations of the same club. For example, on driver, different shafts, different lofts and so on. This way I can compare the data for different configurations. Now I would have to have multiples of the same club name just with different colors in my bag. It would be difficult to keep track of which color was which configuration. Is there any way to do what I'm looking to do?

No, have to choose from the drop down boxes.

This has been an outstanding request of mine since the V2 days. I wanted to do the same thing - track data on different shafts - color difference is the only choice. You can select a totally different club type - one that you will never use otherwise. But you still have to remember which shaft is which club - that is the same as remembering which shaft is which color. After a few different shafts it is not easily done.

I finally resorted to a spreadsheet type logging which is totally ridiculous to have to do.

Database should be able to accommodate a short user defined text field where you can name it whatever works for you.

1 hour ago, rlb4 said:

No, have to choose from the drop down boxes.

This has been an outstanding request of mine since the V2 days. I wanted to do the same thing - track data on different shafts - color difference is the only choice. You can select a totally different club type - one that you will never use otherwise. But you still have to remember which shaft is which club - that is the same as remembering which shaft is which color. After a few different shafts it is not easily done.

I finally resorted to a spreadsheet type logging which is totally ridiculous to have to do.

Database should be able to accommodate a short user defined text field where you can name it whatever works for you.

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

On 7/13/2023 at 12:18 PM, PhilM75072 said:

I think the critical thing to consider is not the fact that there were issues, but how Shot Scope responded to them. They had to be as frustrated with the problems as we as users were. My X5, since the 2.1.13 firmware update, and after doing a "factory reset", has been rock solid.

I agree.

After getting over my initial shock, AND contacting Shot Scope directly, the G5 is simply a lower price-point entry for those not desiring all the options the X5 offers (basically, GPS with minimal 'extras'). Supply chain constraints disrupted their entire schedule & unforeseen software issues added another layer of trouble (may I suggest MGS beta testers?). Coming from an automotive/appliance engineering career, I get it.

In related news:

• I declined being a SwingU app tester - too many distractions in life (at the time) to devote the time/attention required of an MGS tester.
  • My affair with Arccos is coming to an end. I learned/reconfirmed (a) an annual subscription is dumb when I'm  waiting-out a rainstorm -or eventual snow - in Indiana, (b) while the Caddie feature is nice, I've been playing long enough to know my yardages & I'll hit what I want to hit when I want to hit it, (c) the analytics are a little overkill for a weekend player that makes a living as a Lab Engineer rather than as Tour member, and (d) an annual subscription is dumb edited for redundancy 😉
  • My X5 is on the charger & I will do a 'factory reset' as @PhilM75072suggests 👍

Oh! Last but not certainly never least, my fiancée & I chose to elope & have a long-weekend honeymoon. I'm told by @GolfSpy_APH there is a 'Better Half' forum so I'll get my best half posted soon 😍

My wedding gift to her? A beginner set of clubs & a package of lessons 😬 Life is simple when you let it be. And I get to resume my regularly-scheduled golf programming 😀

Hit it long & roll it in!

20 minutes ago, CudaKota66 said:

I agree.

After getting over my initial shock, AND contacting Shot Scope directly, the G5 is simply a lower price-point entry for those not desiring all the options the X5 offers (basically, GPS with minimal 'extras'). Supply chain constraints disrupted their entire schedule & unforeseen software issues added another layer of trouble (may I suggest MGS beta testers?). Coming from an automotive/appliance engineering career, I get it.

In related news:

• I declined being a SwingU app tester - too many distractions in life (at the time) to devote the time/attention required of an MGS tester.
  • My affair with Arccos is coming to an end. I learned/reconfirmed (a) an annual subscription is dumb when I'm  waiting-out a rainstorm -or eventual snow - in Indiana, (b) while the Caddie feature is nice, I've been playing long enough to know my yardages & I'll hit what I want to hit when I want to hit it, (c) the analytics are a little overkill for a weekend player that makes a living as a Lab Engineer rather than as Tour member, and (d) an annual subscription is dumb edited for redundancy 😉
  • My X5 is on the charger & I will do a 'factory reset' as @PhilM75072suggests 👍

Oh! Last but not certainly never least, my fiancée & I chose to elope & have a long-weekend honeymoon. I'm told by @GolfSpy_APH there is a 'Better Half' forum so I'll get my best half posted soon 😍

My wedding gift to her? A beginner set of clubs & a package of lessons 😬 Life is simple when you let it be. And I get to resume my regularly-scheduled golf programming 😀

Some thoughts:

- Shot Scope does an event with a group of guys from another forum that, I guess, could count as beta testing. The group isn't large enough, perhaps.

- A "Caddie" feature sounds great, but averages aren't the best indicator of what to hit. Averages can be skewed by how and when certain clubs are hit. Everything that might affect a shot can't be determined by an app, actual lie (sitting up/down), moisture (dry vs wet), just to name a couple.

- Congratulations on the wedding! May you both live long, happy, prosperous lives together!

2 hours ago, CudaKota66 said:

I agree.

In related news:

Congrats on not only the wedding but a new golfing partner as well. Lessons BTW were a smart choice as well. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

40 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Congrats on not only the wedding but a new golfing partner as well. Lessons BTW were a smart choice as well. 

@CudaKota66 I agree with this! Never try to give lessons to one's spouse, be it golf, driving or whatever. 😀

Hi All, 

I recently got back to my golf after awhile away due to not having time to commit to my club membership. I recently (start of the year) decided to get the Shot Scope V3 watch and tracking tags. After using it for good few months now its been brilliant. Not for giving my yardage for each club (as I do that while i practice at the range) but for easy of use on the course and getting general range to the greens. Given that and considering how cheap it was i cant knock it. 

As some of you say being the average golfer and not a tour member its great for what we need and not extra subscription  makes its another fantastic purchase for myself.

Driver -Callaway Epic Max LS/ 3W - Callaway Rogue / Utility - Cobra king 2I / Irons - 718 AP2 / Wedges - SM6 vokeys 52,56 / Putter - TaylorMade TP Bandon 3

35 minutes ago, jonzo88 said:

Hi All, 

I recently got back to my golf after awhile away due to not having time to commit to my club membership. I recently (start of the year) decided to get the Shot Scope V3 watch and tracking tags. After using it for good few months now its been brilliant. Not for giving my yardage for each club (as I do that while i practice at the range) but for easy of use on the course and getting general range to the greens. Given that and considering how cheap it was i cant knock it. 

As some of you say being the average golfer and not a tour member its great for what we need and not extra subscription  makes its another fantastic purchase for myself.

A warm welcome to MGS from across the pond. Glad you're enjoying the V3, there are quite a few members here with a solid knowledge of the V3 in case you have a question. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

49 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

A warm welcome to MGS from across the pond. Glad you're enjoying the V3, there are quite a few members here with a solid knowledge of the V3 in case you have a question. 

Thanks Tony. Its great to be here 🙂 looking forward to hearing some great info you all have golf. 

Driver -Callaway Epic Max LS/ 3W - Callaway Rogue / Utility - Cobra king 2I / Irons - 718 AP2 / Wedges - SM6 vokeys 52,56 / Putter - TaylorMade TP Bandon 3