Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

20 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Have any of you checked your watch device readings against tee markers and/or range finder at courses you play regularly?

I do occasionally - comparing my watch vs 200 - 150 - 100 markers or a sprinkler head if it's marked ... AND if it's in a fairly straight line from there to the green. In those cases I've not seen any meaningful discrepancies.

However... Posted earlier were comments regarding differences .. of a few yards .. noted between ShotScope's reported yardage as seen in Editing vs measuring distance on Google Earth.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

22 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hi spies.  I did get a reply from SS on my inquiry a last Friday but just that they are quite busy at present, hadn't forgotten about me, and would respond soon.  So today while playing Cimarron, I wrote down all the tee marker yardages and what my G3 was showing.  Sure enough, there is a more than noise level amount of discrepency.  I marked down both the blue and white tee numbers (a few only had one or the other).  I plan to do this at our other three courses as well. 

Following the round, I stopped in an discussed this with the pro shop manager. He said our course markers had been "verified" in the past couple of years but thinks there might be a difference between GPS device yardages and how the on-course measurements are made.  He made a copy of my scorecard and said he'd look into it further.  He asked if I happened to check any approach yardages between my G3 and a ranger finder.  I hadn't but do have a Bushnell ProXe and will check during my round at Granite Falls South tomorrow.

At the bottom of the card, you'll see numbers 'M' (marker) and 'W' (watch) for both blue and white tees. I'll create a spreadsheet to share with SS, but you can see that a good many are off by 20+ yards.  And yet about 5 are nearly spot on 🤔.  Not that my game prowess demands yardages in the +/- 3 yard accracy but I don't want to start not having confidence in my G3.

Have any of you checked your watch device readings against tee markers and/or range finder at courses you play regularly?

image.png.41d45aed8aef9f8a26a63966c963f5bc.png

22 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hi spies.  I did get a reply from SS on my inquiry a last Friday but just that they are quite busy at present, hadn't forgotten about me, and would respond soon.  So today while playing Cimarron, I wrote down all the tee marker yardages and what my G3 was showing.  Sure enough, there is a more than noise level amount of discrepency.  I marked down both the blue and white tee numbers (a few only had one or the other).  I plan to do this at our other three courses as well. 

Following the round, I stopped in an discussed this with the pro shop manager. He said our course markers had been "verified" in the past couple of years but thinks there might be a difference between GPS device yardages and how the on-course measurements are made.  He made a copy of my scorecard and said he'd look into it further.  He asked if I happened to check any approach yardages between my G3 and a ranger finder.  I hadn't but do have a Bushnell ProXe and will check during my round at Granite Falls South tomorrow.

At the bottom of the card, you'll see numbers 'M' (marker) and 'W' (watch) for both blue and white tees. I'll create a spreadsheet to share with SS, but you can see that a good many are off by 20+ yards.  And yet about 5 are nearly spot on 🤔.  Not that my game prowess demands yardages in the +/- 3 yard accracy but I don't want to start not having confidence in my G3.

image.png.41d45aed8aef9f8a26a63966c963f5bc.png

Hi @fixyurdivot - can you confirm if the holes with a large discrepancy are holes with doglegs or other features?  I believe markers are based on the centre line of the hole (tee - through centre of fairway etc to green) , whereas GPS is line of sight to etc GPS coordinates of the green or "as the crow flies".  For dogleg holes where you can have shorter distances but flying over the dogleg parts, a hole can play shorter than the markers.  For the same reason, the GPS distance of a hole on this assumption will never be longer than the markers unless the tee is placed farther back from where the "verified" distance was achieved. Does this make sense?

Titleist T300 (2022) 5-PW, W48, W53 plus Taylormade Full Face 56 SW 

Current  driver Titleist TSi3

Hybrids Titleist 818 19 H2 23 H2

Gamer Putter Nike Method Matters B1-07

Ball Titleist Tour Speed / Taylormade Tour Response

Bag is Titleist Linksmaster 

Pushcart is Kaddey

Rangefinder is Voice Caddie SL2

Shotscope club tags 

16 minutes ago, golferguy2727 said:

Hi @fixyurdivot - can you confirm if the holes with a large discrepancy are holes with doglegs or other features?  I believe markers are based on the centre line of the hole (tee - through centre of fairway etc to green) , whereas GPS is line of sight to etc GPS coordinates of the green or "as the crow flies".  For dogleg holes where you can have shorter distances but flying over the dogleg parts, a hole can play shorter than the markers.  For the same reason, the GPS distance of a hole on this assumption will never be longer than the markers unless the tee is placed farther back from where the "verified" distance was achieved. Does this make sense?

Yes, those with the largest difference were dogleg.  I wasn't sure about how SS derived their data.  Last week at this course, I had a few really whacky yardages on a few holes which is what started me wondering if something was off with my watch (or disconnect with course markers and SS). During today's round, I checked about 10 approach shots with the Bushnell ProXe; my G3 numbers were within a couple yards.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yes, those with the largest difference were dogleg.  I wasn't sure about how SS derived their data.  Last week at this course, I had a few really whacky yardages on a few holes which is what started me wondering if something was off with my watch (or disconnect with course markers and SS). During today's round, I checked about 10 approach shots with the Bushnell ProXe; my G3 numbers were within a couple yards.

Yes I would expect the rangefinder and gps to be in relatively similarity. And thanks for the confirmation on the dogleg question. I’m not aware of any gps device that relates distances based on hole designs - all I’ve ever noticed is that it seems to take a similar approach to that of vehicular gps etc - effectively the distance between two gps coordinate points regardless of topology, design or any other real world phenomena.

On the lighter side of life, I’ve often wondered about the difference in how far a ball goes versus the distance it has travelled. I know for sure some of my wild @ss slices travel farther in the air (due to Curvature ) but always go a much shorter distance 🤭🤭

Pushcart is Kaddey

Shotscope club tags 

Recently, I had an incredible golf trip to the Pacific Northwest, starting in Portland, OR at Pumpkin Ridge's Witch Hollow course. My X5 watch performed well during the icebreaker round, but its battery barely lasted 18 holes in a cart (I did wear it for a few hours before we played). At Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, I used the watch for 5 out of 6 rounds, averaging around 4:20 to 30 minutes per round, and the battery showed roughly 40% or lower after each round. During a 36-hole day, I used a battery pack to charge between holes.

Overall, I was pleased with the watch's on-course performance, I don’t believe it missed any shots. However, I'm doubtful that it would last 8 hours in GPS & Track mode. On a separate note, during my return flight home, wearing the X5 for roughly 16 hours, the battery drained to 60%, making me wonder if I'd have to recharge it every three days as an everyday watch. It's possible that my watch has a faulty battery, as this duration seems too short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

10 hours ago, nupezb said:

Recently, I had an incredible golf trip to the Pacific Northwest, starting in Portland, OR at Pumpkin Ridge's Witch Hollow course. My X5 watch performed well during the icebreaker round, but its battery barely lasted 18 holes in a cart (I did wear it for a few hours before we played). At Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, I used the watch for 5 out of 6 rounds, averaging around 4:20 to 30 minutes per round, and the battery showed roughly 40% or lower after each round. During a 36-hole day, I used a battery pack to charge between holes.

Overall, I was pleased with the watch's on-course performance, I don’t believe it missed any shots. However, I'm doubtful that it would last 8 hours in GPS & Track mode. On a separate note, during my return flight home, wearing the X5 for roughly 16 hours, the battery drained to 60%, making me wonder if I'd have to recharge it every three days as an everyday watch. It's possible that my watch has a faulty battery, as this duration seems too short.

Among other enhancements, like whole hole view, alternative ways to unlock the watch, sensitivity, etc., they are also working on battery improvements. One thing about Shot Scope is they listen. Initially, when people complained about having to touch the screen for three seconds to unlock it, they quickly changed to having to swipe to do so and now people complain about that and they are reacting. They also know what competition they have and the features that competitive devices offer, and they continue to work to improve their own product, all the while charging no annual subscription fee.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

Among other enhancements, like whole hole view, alternative ways to unlock the watch, sensitivity, etc., they are also working on battery improvements. One thing about Shot Scope is they listen. Initially, when people complained about having to touch the screen for three seconds to unlock it, they quickly changed to having to swipe to do so and now people complain about that and they are reacting. They also know what competition they have and the features that competitive devices offer, and they continue to work to improve their own product, all the while charging no annual subscription fee.

I'm generally satisfied with my X5 experience, and I'm excited about upcoming enhancements. However, I've realized that until further improvements are made, I'll only turn my watch on a few minutes before I tee off.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Welcome back me!! Great to be a Shot Scope user again 😁  First round with the X5 & it was like playing with a true friend again.

After a 3:44 round in some of the worst humidity Indiana has to offer, the X5 had 56% battery left, so I was unfazed.

The best part? Not having to look at my !@#$%^ phone a SINGLE time during the round 🥳🥳🥳  It's nice to look at my wrist & know what the F/M/B yardage is, pull a club, and just swing. Ironically, it was one of my best rounds of the year.

No added shots....no missed shots (even putts).....and plenty of stats to know where I'm deficient (as if I didn't already know - missing greens pin-high but right or left) 🙄

@Gavin_Shot_Scope forgive me for I had a brief affair with Arccos but I vow to remain faithful from now on!!

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

Welcome back me!! Great to be a Shot Scope user again   First round with the X5 & it was like playing with a true friend again.

After a 3:44 round in some of the worst humidity Indiana has to offer, the X5 had 56% battery left, so I was unfazed.

The best part? Not having to look at my !@#$%^ phone a SINGLE time during the round   It's nice to look at my wrist & know what the F/M/B yardage is, pull a club, and just swing. Ironically, it was one of my best rounds of the year.

No added shots....no missed shots (even putts).....and plenty of stats to know where I'm deficient (as if I didn't already know - missing greens pin-high but right or left) 
[mention=113786]Gavin_Shot_Scope[/mention] forgive me for I had a brief affair with Arccos but I vow to remain faithful from now on!!

I knew you would be back. Not having to pull my phone out was one of the benefits enjoyed when I switched to SS. @Gavin_Shot_Scope looking forward to the future firmware improvements.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Well time for my dumb-ass confession. 🤭 I had been struggling with the X5 and had been using the reliable V3. My x5 symptoms were: 1) watch seemingly lost in the gps worlds, 2) watch not triggering into putt/pin collect mode, 3) random penalty strokes appearing and 4) kooky score results. Last week and today I think I finally cracked the nut - and feel pretty darn stupid.

1) and 2) - somehow I’ve been doing something that gets the watch living on a different hole than the current gps position relevant hole. Not sure if root cause but a simple glance at the watch face hole indicator (bottom of screen) is a good reminder where the watch thinks I am. Easy fix despite not knowing what I’m doing to get there.

3) looks like with locks off, I’m somehow getting into game mode and accidentally adding penalty strokes - likely my hand cupping at top of backswing or some other motion - turning locks back on fixed that and local on wasn’t a terrible experience at all.

4) looks related to either me again being stupid or the “wrong hole” issue in 1/3 above. Again a quick fix by periodically reviewing the score card based on current score indicator (top right of screen).

I did put auto putting back on and that was mostly a bad outcome but will move back to auto putting on my round on Monday.

After 4 hours 20 minute 18 holes also had 46% battery left - this was after stating the watch 10 minutes before starting and imitating gps/play 1 minutes before starting.

I did have a weird issue last week - while editing a round it somehow got stuck on “in progress” after saving and it got locked. Eventually it got unstuck but not sure how it happened. I wondered if simultaneously using V3 and X5 devices on the same account caused some bad golf tracking karma, but since that now resolved not sure.

anyway, happy to say I think I’m now an X5 guy for the foreseeable future. Thanks to Shotscope for all of the improvements- it’s a much better experience now, even for a dumb-ass like me 🤭🤭

Pushcart is Kaddey

Shotscope club tags 

10 hours ago, golferguy2727 said:

Well time for my dumb-ass confession. 🤭 I had been struggling with the X5 and had been using the reliable V3. My x5 symptoms were: 1) watch seemingly lost in the gps worlds, 2) watch not triggering into putt/pin collect mode, 3) random penalty strokes appearing and 4) kooky score results. Last week and today I think I finally cracked the nut - and feel pretty darn stupid.

1) and 2) - somehow I’ve been doing something that gets the watch living on a different hole than the current gps position relevant hole. Not sure if root cause but a simple glance at the watch face hole indicator (bottom of screen) is a good reminder where the watch thinks I am. Easy fix despite not knowing what I’m doing to get there.

3) looks like with locks off, I’m somehow getting into game mode and accidentally adding penalty strokes - likely my hand cupping at top of backswing or some other motion - turning locks back on fixed that and local on wasn’t a terrible experience at all.

4) looks related to either me again being stupid or the “wrong hole” issue in 1/3 above. Again a quick fix by periodically reviewing the score card based on current score indicator (top right of screen).

I did put auto putting back on and that was mostly a bad outcome but will move back to auto putting on my round on Monday.

After 4 hours 20 minute 18 holes also had 46% battery left - this was after stating the watch 10 minutes before starting and imitating gps/play 1 minutes before starting.

I did have a weird issue last week - while editing a round it somehow got stuck on “in progress” after saving and it got locked. Eventually it got unstuck but not sure how it happened. I wondered if simultaneously using V3 and X5 devices on the same account caused some bad golf tracking karma, but since that now resolved not sure.

anyway, happy to say I think I’m now an X5 guy for the foreseeable future. Thanks to Shotscope for all of the improvements- it’s a much better experience now, even for a dumb-ass like me 🤭🤭

In the past I've used both V3 and X5 when the latter had the firmware issue. The only time the app got stuck is when I didn't turn off one of them. Same thing happens when I'm trying to download my X5 and my wife's X5 is still on. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Brand new to Shot Scope. Purchased the new CONNEX NFC tags and I've been loving it. The data is amazing for $100 and I don't mind manually tapping my club to my phone before every shot because I always have my phone with me in a pocket or in my hand to check distances. Anyone else using CONNEX?

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: ProV1x

15 hours ago, brogies said:

Brand new to Shot Scope. Purchased the new CONNEX NFC tags and I've been loving it. The data is amazing for $100 and I don't mind manually tapping my club to my phone before every shot because I always have my phone with me in a pocket or in my hand to check distances. Anyone else using CONNEX?

Welcome to the Framily 😀

CONNEX is the newest system from SS; many of us have been here through a couple of generations of 'watches' so we don't have to play with phones in our pockets.

Feel free to add your pros/cons of CONNEX. Shot Scope's Customer Service is very responsive - just allow a day/two for a reply due to the time difference between Scotland & The US.

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

2 hours ago, CudaKota66 said:

Welcome to the Framily 😀

CONNEX is the newest system from SS; many of us have been here through a couple of generations of 'watches' so we don't have to play with phones in our pockets.

Feel free to add your pros/cons of CONNEX. Shot Scope's Customer Service is very responsive - just allow a day/two for a reply due to the time difference between Scotland & The US.

Thank you! The pros and cons are fairly intuitive. 

Pros: Access to amazing Shot Scope data in the dashboard and app to help you understand and improve your game, great price point at $100, no subscription

Cons: It's a manual process to track each shot with your phone - you have to tap the tag at the end of your club grip to your phone before every shot so it gets tracked properly. Honestly, I thought it was going to be more annoying, but I already have my phone out when I'm golfing to get distances before most shots, so it's been a pretty easy integration into my game. 

I will say that I haven't played at a real busy course yet to where I'd feel people breathing down my neck to hit the ball, but I can imagine that would be a little bit more stressful trying to play fast but still track every shot. I've noticed the most annoying part of the tracking is on the green when you leave putts close. Normally I'd just walk up and tap it in, but now I still need to scan my putter tag with my phone, tap it in, then set the pin location on my phone app. Not SUPER annoying, but slightly annoying nonetheless. Maybe this exists already and I'm just a n00b, but it'd be nice to have a "Tap In" button in the app I could press on putts inside 2-3 ft so I don't have to scan the putter again when I'm super close to the pin. This button could show up once I've recorded a putt on the green (so it doesn't need to know where the pin location is yet) and then once you press the "Tap In" button, you could then set the pin location and go to the next hole. It would just save a few seconds of extra effort bc when I'm playing with others, I have to walk up and scan a 1 in-3 ft putt while others are waiting.

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

5 hours ago, brogies said:

Maybe this exists already and I'm just a n00b, but it'd be nice to have a "Tap In" button in the app I could press on putts inside 2-3 ft so I don't have to scan the putter again when I'm super close to the pin. This button could show up once I've recorded a putt on the green (so it doesn't need to know where the pin location is yet) and then once you press the "Tap In" button, you could then set the pin location and go to the next hole. It would just save a few seconds of extra effort bc when I'm playing with others, I have to walk up and scan a 1 in-3 ft putt while others are waiting.

I did notice on the Shot Scope Dashboard (what I use for any post-round edits) there is an option for 'Tap In'....but I haven't investigated the Shot Scope software improvements enough. Maybe one of the other Wise Men can explain (nudge....nudge..... @cnosil @PhilM75072 @tony@CIC)

2 hours ago, CudaKota66 said:

I did notice on the Shot Scope Dashboard (what I use for any post-round edits) there is an option for 'Tap In'....but I haven't investigated the Shot Scope software improvements enough. Maybe one of the other Wise Men can explain (nudge....nudge..... @cnosil @PhilM75072 @tony@CIC)

Here is how to edit shots in the dashboard:

• Use keyboard arrows to nudge the shot up, down, left or right.
  • Nudging shot distances can be set to 1 yard, 5 yards or 10 yards.
  • Nudging putt distances can be set to 1 foot, 2 feet or 5 feet.
  • Tap In option – long tap in places the putt <1ft beyond the hole. Short tap in places the putt <1ft short of the hole.

Note, the tap in is to move the putt to 1 foot short or long of the hole.  The putt still needs to be captured.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

33 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Here is how to edit shots in the dashboard:

• Use keyboard arrows to nudge the shot up, down, left or right.
  • Nudging shot distances can be set to 1 yard, 5 yards or 10 yards.
  • Nudging putt distances can be set to 1 foot, 2 feet or 5 feet.
  • Tap In option – long tap in places the putt <1ft beyond the hole. Short tap in places the putt <1ft short of the hole.

Note, the tap in is to move the putt to 1 foot short or long of the hole.  The putt still needs to be captured.   

I’m not interested in editing shots in the dashboard after the fact. Trying to understand if there’s a “tap in” option with CONNEX and the app when I’m playing so I don’t have to scan 0-2 foot putts before I tap them in.

Okay Spies, last June I reported to SS Support that my watch uploaded the round in duplicate. I followed their instructions but it continued to post duplicate rounds. Well, after going back and forth they offered to replace the watch. So I have to return the watch and all of the tags in a padded brown envelope, take a photo of the return with postage and send it to SS. They will then process the replacement. I will get this together and send it back when I return from vacation.

My question is, has anyone else experienced the duplication of rounds?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 hour ago, brogies said:

I’m not interested in editing shots in the dashboard after the fact. Trying to understand if there’s a “tap in” option with CONNEX and the app when I’m playing so I don’t have to scan 0-2 foot putts before I tap them in.

Doubtful.   It is probably very similar to the H4;  you tag where you are standing and hope the GPS has caught up and tweak the locations via the dashboard post round.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Doubtful.   It is probably very similar to the H4;  you tag where you are standing and hope the GPS has caught up and tweak the locations via the dashboard post round.  

OK. That was what I was thinking. Thank you!

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

9 hours ago, brogies said:

OK. That was what I was thinking. Thank you!

The putt still has to be recorded somehow. The "nudge" and "tap-in" function of the Dashboard are to compensate for inherent GPS inaccuracy.

10 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Okay Spies, last June I reported to SS Support that my watch uploaded the round in duplicate. I followed their instructions but it continued to post duplicate rounds. Well, after going back and forth they offered to replace the watch. So I have to return the watch and all of the tags in a padded brown envelope, take a photo of the return with postage and send it to SS. They will then process the replacement. I will get this together and send it back when I return from vacation.

My question is, has anyone else experienced the duplication of rounds?

Nope never had duplicate rounds either with the V3 or X5. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Mailed my X5 back to Shotscope yesterday as requested. Tried the local ups store as we don’t have a post office in Wesley Chapel, FL. Balked at the $300 rate to Scotland so I drove to San Antonio, FL and got a $18.90 rate for the package.  I then emailed a copy of the return notice and postage cost to Support. Hopefully they will replace the X5 this week.

Meanwhile, I replaced my X5 and tags with my V3 and tags to play. The V3 worked just fine even though I had to get on the course to properly identify the correct tags as the numbers had worn off. That said, I only had two pair to switch out.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Mailed my X5 back to Shotscope yesterday as requested. Tried the local ups store as we don’t have a post office in Wesley Chapel, FL. Balked at the $300 rate to Scotland so I drove to San Antonio, FL and got a $18.90 rate for the package.  I then emailed a copy of the return notice and postage cost to Support. Hopefully they will replace the X5 this week.

Meanwhile, I replaced my X5 and tags with my V3 and tags to play. The V3 worked just fine even though I had to get on the course to properly identify the correct tags as the numbers had worn off. That said, I only had two pair to switch out.

Scotland?? Last year when I sent back my wife's V3 it went to their US distribution center (Illinois?). Nice find on the 18. rate. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

The V3 worked just fine even though I had to get on the course to properly identify the correct tags as the numbers had worn off.

I'm confused. Why did you have to wait to get on the course? Why not use the read tags function in settings?

6 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

I'm confused. Why did you have to wait to get on the course? Why not use the read tags function in settings?

Forgot about that feature……..thanks

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Scotland?? Last year when I sent back my wife's V3 it went to their US distribution center (Illinois?). Nice find on the 18. rate. 

Yep, Edinburgh.

My X5 bricked at Ballyhack on Friday. The bezel won't move anything when its rotated and trying to do the reset, it does part of the countdown then starts vibrating and goes blank.

Already sent an email to CS and will see what they have to say.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

19 minutes ago, MattF said:

My X5 bricked at Ballyhack on Friday. The bezel won't move anything when its rotated and trying to do the reset, it does part of the countdown then starts vibrating and goes blank.

Already sent an email to CS and will see what they have to say.

That happened a couple of times with the old firmware. I ended up doing a hard reboot both times - give that a try.  Hasn't happened with the new firmware. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

That happened a couple of times with the old firmware. I ended up doing a hard reboot both times - give that a try.  Hasn't happened with the new firmware. 

I've got the new firmware.

SS sent me an email with something to try but I can't do that until I get home tonight.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, MattF said:

I've got the new firmware.

SS sent me an email with something to try but I can't do that until I get home tonight.

Can you share with us what they suggested you do?