Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Scotty Cameron Shaft Size

TylorJudd

Hi all,

I'm in the process of reshafting my Studio Select Laguna 1.5 and I can not find the tip diameter anywhere. I heard that Nippon makes proprietary shafts for the 1/2 offset necks. Is this true and do I actually have to send this to the custom shop to get a new one?

Or do we have a chart here with all the different sizes. I unfortunately don't have a caliper to measure and my local fitters are no help. I couldn't find a thread for this when searching 

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

Call Titleist. They have decent customer service and can tell your the specs. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

9 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Hi all,

I'm in the process of reshafting my Studio Select Laguna 1.5 and I can not find the tip diameter anywhere. I heard that Nippon makes proprietary shafts for the 1/2 offset necks. Is this true and do I actually have to send this to the custom shop to get a new one?

Or do we have a chart here with all the different sizes. I unfortunately don't have a caliper to measure and my local fitters are no help. I couldn't find a thread for this when searching 

The flow neck Cameron’s are weird beasts and unfortunately Titleist won’t tell you the tip size.   From a quick search they switched shafts in the studio select line and it is a  .335 inner diameter and .392 outer diameter shaft….basically proprietary.   You might be able to find one for sale on sites like eBay.  

Calipers are pretty cheap so you might want to buy some to verify.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Ya I may have to. It is seeming to be more and more evident that I may not be able to put a premium graphite shaft on this putter. Kind of unfortunate they do that, we've already purchased a premium product, no need for proprietary. 😪

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

23 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Ya I may have to. It is seeming to be more and more evident that I may not be able to put a premium graphite shaft on this putter. Kind of unfortunate they do that, we've already purchased a premium product, no need for proprietary. 😪

100% graphite definitely not as the Laguna 1.5 has an over the hosel design and I can only think of one that supports an over the hosel configuration  it won’t fit the Laguna.   You mentioned the Cameron custom shop; not sure they offer a graphite option.  

you can go with the BGT shafts as they would use the bottom potion of your existing shaft or BGT may be able to source the shaft tip for you via their connections   The new UST All-in shaft that comes out in 2023 will also allow for a specific steel tip section as well.  If you don’t want to cut your shaft, contact BGT and see what they can do for you.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

59 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

What does premium have to do with proprietary or not. Depending on how one looks at it, it could just be considered a made for shaft like in drivers or irons that aren’t available at retail. Scotty worked with the shaft companies to make a shaft for what he wanted to do with the putters to achieve weight, feel, etc.

There’s several threads over the years on wrx that go into reshafting Scotty’s that might be helpful.

Also I don’t consider any of the otr scotty putters a premium product even at $400 or so per putter. Premium is any of their CT lineup 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

100% graphite definitely not as the Laguna 1.5 has an over the hosel design and I can only think of one that supports an over the hosel configuration  it won’t fit the Laguna.   You mentioned the Cameron custom shop; not sure they offer a graphite option.  

you can go with the BGT shafts as they would use the bottom potion of your existing shaft or BGT may be able to source the shaft tip for you via their connections   The new UST All-in shaft that comes out in 2023 will also allow for a specific steel tip section as well.  If you don’t want to cut your shaft, contact BGT and see what they can do for you.  

This is what Titleist came back with. Could be useful info for anyone else that has a Laguna 1.5

Screenshot_20221123-093334_Gmail.jpg

Edited by TylorJudd

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

38 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

This is what Titleist came back with. Could be useful info for anyone else that has a Laguna 1.5

Glad to hear that Titleist gave you an answer,  most report back that Titleist won’t release that information.   

You said you wanted to go with some kind of graphite,  what are you looking to install?   I’ve wanted to install one, but I need to lock in on a putter that I want to use.  

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Glad to hear that Titleist gave you an answer,  most report back that Titleist won’t release that information.   

You said you wanted to go with some kind of graphite,  what are you looking to install?   I’ve wanted to install one, but I need to lock in on a putter that I want to use.  

I was looking at the Accra shafts. But honestly, I just found out about graphite shafts yesterday so I have some research to do and maybe a fitting. The LA Golf shafts had interested me as well. But the flow neck is going to pose the problem with the over the hosel so I'll definitely look at the BGT first

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

• 6 months later...