The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

8 hours ago, Rickp said:

Good Morning & Happy Wednesday!!  A little late to the party had some errands to run earlier today.  
Have another PT session shortly hope they can fix this problem.  
Quite a few golf courses will be opening next week so we can get back to playing regularly again.  
Weather has been awesome 60’s mornings and 80’s during the day, can’t ask for anything better.

Everyone have a great day!!

Hate to put this on you old buddy but I hope they get some of the Florida courses open soon. We are overrun with Snowbirds in droves already. Some are staying here because of Florida courses are not open yet. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

8 hours ago, Javs said:

Some people should not be in a position of authority! You handled it better than I would have. 

Thanks man I held my cool mostly because the County Officer was there quickly, and he handled it well. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

29 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

One of our local TV stations had the lady who is head of our Elections Commission on this morning. She had to explain by law for early voting we could have only 7 places open.

I'm guessing you live in Horry County, pop. about 400,000 at last estimate (my son lives in Georgetown County). So seven early voting places is about one per 57,000 residents. We have you beat, barely. New Hanover County, which includes the Casa, is pop. about 240,000 with five early voting locations, so we have one per 48,000.

If you live in Georgetown County too, then your count is one site per 9,000 residents.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Forum tester for Newton Motion driver shaft, 2024

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

I think I straightened out my hooking problem. Took me a couple of baskets to figure out. I was standing too close to the ball, thus putting my hands in the wrong position. I did 2 buckets and it does not cost me anything since it is included in my membership. Like I have said before I have never been a range rat but sometimes I have to straighten myself out. My wife was sort of livid because I was out there 3 hours. She asked me how many balls I hit? I told her about 150. She was not livid about me being out there but the thought of me hitting too many balls and hurting myself. I am ok no pain or stiffness or fatigue. Now I did some rest periods sitting in a cart drinking water and enjoying a cigar. We went and ate early at a local Mexican restaurant and then I hit about 50 balls or so into the net. So far ok physical wise. Guess I will see how it is in the morning

G

1 minute ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I'm guessing you live in Horry County, pop. about 400,000 at last estimate (my son lives in Georgetown County). So seven early voting places is about one per 57,000 residents. We have you beat, barely. New Hanover County, which includes the Casa, is pop. about 240,000 with five early voting locations, so we have one per 48,000.

Yep you guessed correctly Horry County but barely. The county line is less than a mile away. Now the laws may be different in NC as far as numbers. The lady did mention that the law was state law in SC. Yes I physically live in Garden City but all my mail is through Murrells Inlet. Both are unincorporated and Murrells Inlet is in both Horry and Georgetown counties. Physically our Post Office is in Georgetown County. If one uses any GPS device and put in my physical address and use Garden City it will not come up. You have to put my address under Murrells Inlet and it will come up that way. Also part of Garden City south of the pier is in Georgetown County too. As far as county lines go this is one screwey area

G

3 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Now the laws may be different in NC as far as numbers.

I just Googled the NC law on early voting. The passage I read said early voting may only be conducted at the county board of elections office. Which is one of the five sites here, and another one (where I voted in my first election here) is labeled the future site of the CBE. But the other three, including where I voted yesterday, are not CBE sites. There may be another law which allows additional sites that I'm not finding immediately. One site for 240,000 people would be a mess.

Okay gang. Anybody thinking about a summer-2025 bucket list trip to Scotland, listen up (it will not include the Old Course, for reasons I will detail shortly, but it will include some awesome golf).

I applied in August for 2025 tee times at the Old Course, with the results to be announced in mid-October. Mid-October has come and gone. No tee times, but also no "sorry you didn't make it" emails either. So I began to wonder if I had cerebral flatus and failed to hit send on the application. Checked my email for confirmation of the application in August. Nope, but I could have deleted it. So I emailed St. Andrews to see if I had actually applied. The answer? Nope. Dumb-arse strikes again.

But instead of spending $810 for the Old Course, Castle Course, a food and beverage voucher and two buckets of range balls at the Golf Academy, I can put that money toward a trip with a lot more golf. With the 10-day itinerary I put together today, including tournaments at two of the world's top 100 courses (Cruden Bay and Machrihanish) and two more tournaments as well, the total expenditure for golf would be less than $300 in high season (August). That does include golf at my club, which would be free for me, but I could get you on there cheap, and if you wanted to hit other courses in those areas (like Royal Dornoch, Shiskine, Royal Aberdeen and Brora) we could make that happen too.

So anyone interested in cruising Scotland for 10 days with @ILMgolfnut, drop me a PM. I can suggest ways to do this trip without spending an arm and a leg (this will be my third straight year in Scotland and I still have all the appendages).

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Hate to put this on you old buddy but I hope they get some of the Florida courses open soon. We are overrun with Snowbirds in droves already. Some are staying here because of Florida courses are not open yet. 

The “Birds” started arriving here around Labor Day which is earlier than usual. I’ve never seen it this busy this soon in 12 years.  There’s a lot more Renters now than  previous years.  Historically renters were January thru April never September & October.  
I went to PT today and I had 4 visits unscheduled (insurance allowed 12) left.  They told me to get them scheduled because they are filling up with the Birds.  
FYI, more courses are opening every week so hope some relief comes your way.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list