Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

2023 MGS Forum: Cobra 50th Anniversary Special!

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow the TESTING POST links to go straight to the testers introductions, unboxings and final reviews!

Testing King Tour CB MB
@chisagTESTING POST - Page 11

@Tom the Golf NutTESTING POST - Page 12

Testing Forged Tec & Forged Tec X
@sirchunksalotTESTING POST - Page 12

@CFreddieTESTING POST - Page 12

Testing AeroJet Irons
@Jnoble89TESTING POST - Page 12

@JerryBTESTING POST - Page 12

CONGRATULATIONS TO TEAM 1!  Sam, Chris, and Jason are this year's Cobra Member Special Champions!

image.png

Which team is going win the Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is going to win the Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special?

• Team 1: chisag, CFreddie, and Jnoble89
    • Team 2: Tom the Golf Nut, sirchunksalot, and JerryB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2023 at 03:59 AM

An interesting dynamic is beginning to arise here…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

People tend to root for the nice guy/team. You know the ones that don’t shred their own team mates. 🤣

(OK, lets see if forum members like this better)

... Should be a fun week. JNoble has been playing great and CFredo CFreddie figured out a smart way to post a low score on a short course. Way to go Team. 🙂

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

More details this evening but 49 first 9, 43 second 9 and could easily have been a 40. Par 70 so not a great score at 92 but I’ll take it as going 91 on my multiple day round and then 92 today is back to back low 90s and closer to my goal of breaking 90!

IMG_0277.jpeg.395f64141376f5588f10aa3e10e6c891.jpeg

IMG_0275.jpeg.c0f0fddb098f9005a2f503f94fd8d057.jpeg

IMG_0276.jpeg.916a0b1057c8cf7f4faa8c3b4fa1a311.jpeg

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

(OK, lets see if forum members like this better)

... Should be a fun week. JNoble has been playing great and CFredo CFreddie figured out a smart way to post a low score on a short course. Way to go Team. 🙂

Way to be encouraging! Just a little too late!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Way to be encouraging! Just a little too late!

I am not a Salesman and hope your next meeting goes better than this: 

I am a 43 yr member of the Screen Actors Guild and merely playing a role based on Micheal Jordans trash talk for the entertainment of the readers and challengers:

:

... So which do folks prefer?  "Encouraging" or "Shredded team mates"? 

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

People tend to root for the nice guy/team. You know the ones that don’t shred their own team mates. 🤣

I’m all for rooting for the nice guy. I’m also all for winning this challenge and constructive criticism is all about the ultimate goal of bettering the individual. Am I right @chisag? 😜😂 

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

#LeftyGang

1 hour ago, Jnoble89 said:

More details this evening but 49 first 9, 43 second 9 and could easily have been a 40. Par 70 so not a great score at 92 but I’ll take it as going 91 on my multiple day round and then 92 today is back to back low 90s and closer to my goal of breaking 90!

IMG_0277.jpeg.395f64141376f5588f10aa3e10e6c891.jpeg

IMG_0276.jpeg.916a0b1057c8cf7f4faa8c3b4fa1a311.jpeg

Ive concluded that there needs to be a simpler way to denote a bogie, double and triple etc.. This current method of making a box, followed by anothe bigger box simply creates chaos and confusion, wastes pencil lead, and clutters up the scorecard.  I think we should adopt a new system that consists  of merely a dot (.) or a double dot (:) aside the number, for instance a bogie 5 would instead look like this (5.) , or a double bogie 6 would look like this (6:). Much easier and cleaner than a bunch of crooked boxes all over the scorecard

6 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Ive concluded that there needs to be a simpler way to denote a bogie, double and triple etc.. This current method of making a box, followed by anothe bigger box simply creates chaos and confusion, wastes pencil lead, and clutters up the scorecard.  I think we should adopt a new system that consists  of merely a dot (.) or a double dot (:) aside the number, for instance a bogie 5 would instead look like this (5.) , or a double bogie 6 would look like this (6:). Much easier and cleaner than a bunch of crooked boxes all over the scorecard

It would certainly make sense. For what it’s worth, my 6 year old wanted to do the boxes for me on the scorecard as we went along lol

#LeftyGang

6 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Sometimes we draw shapes, sometimes we just use - for par, and then +X or -X for the score on the hole.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

5 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Sometimes we draw shapes, sometimes we just use - for par, and then +X or -X for the score on the hole.

I will admit that this round was the first time in awhile I’ve used the actual scorecard as Arccos tracks it all. But there was a discrepancy on one hole where it is a Par 5 now as they moved the tee boxes back and it was still a Par 4 on Arccos 

#LeftyGang

7 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

I’m all for rooting for the nice guy. I’m also all for winning this challenge and constructive criticism is all about the ultimate goal of bettering the individual. Am I right @chisag? 😜😂 

... Amen by brother. Those of us addicted to this most awesome game are obsessed with improving. Golf is just so difficult with so many moving parts and so little room for error. It is an endeavor that requires constant encouragement whether playing well or poorly. And I am one that has always felt competition is about performing better than your opponent, not performing poorly and your opponent performing even worse. Sure a win is a win but it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. One of my favorite Pro's is Lydia Ko that actively pulls for her rival and watching her try to "lean a putt in the hole" when her opponent barely misses is just beautiful. I think we have a great group for this challenge and I am pulling for every one of you guys. 

... Then as if this game couldn't get any better, just playing a round of golf with friends with no desire to get better but just enjoy the camaraderie, fresh air and having some fun is also a great way to spend a day. To steal a line from Ted Lasso "Golf Is Life". 

9 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Ive concluded that there needs to be a simpler way to denote a bogie, double and triple etc..

... You can make it even more simplified. Just don't make any doubles or triples. 😉

45 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Alright Cobra challenge followers, getting a minute to do a round recap from today’s play with my wife and son. First and foremost, we finished the first 9 in an hour and 30 minutes. There were two guys behind us that played right up close basically the whole round. They were not being pushed, so it felt unnecessary. Made it hard for my wife and son to enjoy it which annoyed me. Thought about having them play through but there were groups behind so we just went with it. Everyone still had fun, though. 

49 on the first go around and was coming up short frequently with the SB wedges. I think I need some practice figuring out true distances. I was getting good strikes, but the ball was not going as far as I was expecting. This led to extra chips onto the green and a lot (5) of double bogeys. GW striking was again REALLY solid. That may end up being my favorite club in the bag. Had more success with the driver today as well, with 4 drives over 240 yards. Still had some slices and hooks (😱) but it was much improved from a week ago. Best drive of the day was 256 with a very slight left to right flight. Also on the very last hole of the day, I grazed the ground with driver which usually leads to disaster and still got 241 yards out of it. There is distance to unlock with this club as I get more comfortable. 

Highlight of the day, other than awesome quality time with my wife and oldest, was a birdie on the Par 4 5th hole. Elevated tee box and 259 to the green. I decided, why not, it’s a fun round, and pulled driver. Pulled the tee shot and only got 212 yards out of it. Hit my 56° to the green and dropped a 16’ putt for birdie. This followed a par on the previous hole where I hit a 245 yard drive but into some pine trees, punched out with the king Tec hybrid, thinned the GW but got lucky and it ended up on the green. Missed the birdie putt on that hole by 6” 😑

All in all it was a great morning and now we are ready to enjoy the rest of the festivities today will bring with fireworks at the lake to cap the night!

#LeftyGang #TeamOne4TheWin

IMG_0261.jpeg.031c53fe379a56b1d80ea191c567a80a.jpeg

IMG_0262.jpeg.0eeeb30be421d1c6a20b0a70098ebf42.jpeg

IMG_0257.jpeg.2fbca5ef004a0b966318b41112cea053.jpeg

IMG_0255.jpeg.de086544a85d13cf56f4c3d0fc970068.jpeg

IMG_0268.jpeg.e5a7e14be2ae37a865fac4fa40d5d80c.jpeg

IMG_0269.jpeg.f1cf2dbc2e07cacd64ded6316fd9f4b9.jpeg

Despite being rushed, it looks like a quality time! I guess I just missed it before, but are both of your little ones lefties!? If so, that's awesome and you truly do have a #LeftyGang! Our son is almost 2 and he seems to be favoring his right hand with most things... I hope he snaps out of it soon 🤣

28 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Amen by brother. Those of us addicted to this most awesome game are obsessed with improving. Golf is just so difficult with so many moving parts and so little room for error. It is an endeavor that requires constant encouragement whether playing well or poorly. And I am one that has always felt competition is about performing better than your opponent, not performing poorly and your opponent performing even worse. Sure a win is a win but it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. One of my favorite Pro's is Lydia Ko that actively pulls for her rival and watching her try to "lean a putt in the hole" when her opponent barely misses is just beautiful. I think we have a great group for this challenge and I am pulling for every one of you guys. 

... Then as if this game couldn't get any better, just playing a round of golf with friends with no desire to get better but just enjoy the camaraderie, fresh air and having some fun is also a great way to spend a day. To steal a line from Ted Lasso "Golf Is Life". 

I do this all the time! The Tuesday scramble league I am in is pretty laid back, but you’re still competing to win the days match and ultimately finish high enough at the end of the year for a payout. That said, every group we get paired with, I am fist bumping every great drive & every great putt. I want to beat someone who is playing well which forces my partner and I to play well.

I also take every “underhanded” comment or comment that isn’t an insult but might as well be one and use it to fuel motivation. Couple weeks ago we were paired with a couple long time club members and every slight miss we’d have one guy had a comment for. Missed a putt for birdie on a par 3 and he said “bet you’d like to have that one back” which pissed me off. Next hole is a long par 5 and I proceeded to hit a 270 yard drive middle left fairway, hybrid pin high just to the left of the green, and wedge bump and run to tap in birdie. Used all my shots on that hole and we parred out the rest of the way. I’m not a great golfer, but when the competitive spirit comes out and I hit a great tee shot, I usually follow it up. 

LOVE the Ted Lasso reference. What a great show

15 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Despite being rushed, it looks like a quality time! I guess I just missed it before, but are both of your little ones lefties!? If so, that's awesome and you truly do have a #LeftyGang! Our son is almost 2 and he seems to be favoring his right hand with most things... I hope he snaps out of it soon 🤣

Our 3 year old is a righty through and through and our oldest is right handed EXCEPT swinging a golf club and baseball bat and I love it 😍. My wife set our youngest up for a photo from the left hand side on my Father’s Day round 🤣

#LeftyGang

25 minutes ago, chisag said:

... You can make it even more simplified. Just don't make and doubles or triples. 😉

I was just trying to make the whole golfing experience better for those who do need those things... obviously not me or you, or Tom apparently... 🤗😂

... OK folks, my Cobra Woods Challenge Driver review is up! (You can click the link in my signature) Fairway Woods and Hybrid coming soon. 

@sirchunksalotwe've got a lot of random Star Wars paraphernalia around the house!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Will post round summary later, but does this suffice @chisag???IMG_2427.jpeg.e85578894c9a01b7e80036f993d34045.jpeg

IMG_2429.jpeg

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

19 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Will post round summary later, but does this suffice @chisag???

... NOW you are getting the hang of Proper Sandbagging! 🥰  Keep it within reason and nobody investigates you playing the Red Tees at 5083 or your fist 327yd miniature golf course. Well done Pard! 

37 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Not taking anything away from the awesome shirt, but that shower curtain is freaking awesome!

... You and Jerry have some friends on SNL!  

saturday-night-live-star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg.webp.1db25be74bd95027d830ad5982414b6a.webp

49 minutes ago, JerryB said:

@sirchunksalotwe've got a lot of random Star Wars paraphernalia around the house!

... Jerry you and Jason would have really enjoyed the Star Wars premier on a Thursday night. I was a DJ in Columbus Ga and we had a Sneak Preview for winners on the radio that just called in (That was big back in the 70's) I had to get in front of the screen and welcome everyone  and pass out some Tee Shirts not expecting much from the film. To say it was HUGE is an understatement. Back then there were very few MoviePlexes, so just one big theater and you waited in line for tickets. We all talked about it on the radio the next day and the hype was off the charts. The next night people were waiting in line for 4 hours and circled around the theater and down the block. It was epic. 

1 hour ago, CFreddie said:

Will post round summary later, but does this suffice @chisag???IMG_2427.jpeg.e85578894c9a01b7e80036f993d34045.jpeg

IMG_2429.jpeg

Heck yeah @CFreddie great round!

#LeftyGang

Did it cool off at least? I think I might rather play in that rain than 95, sunny and humid 🥵

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

@chisag we call this rain. I know you only hear urban myths about it living in the desert, but it's a real thing. 

... I miss that sound! Believe it or not we had quite a bit of rain this winter! Filled up a dangerously low reservoir and turned a rocky ravine a big flowing river. But the last3 months it has been dry as ... well ... as a desert and the "river" is back to a rocky dry ravine. Please send some our way because even though this is Monsoon Season, we have 0% predicted for the next 10 days. 🥵 

24 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Gotta love living in a humid subtropical climate. It was 95, sunny, and humid earlier today. I get home and see this. 

@chisag we call this rain. I know you only hear urban myths about it living in the desert, but it's a real thing. 

Same thing here in Missouri. Upper 90s and sunny as can be. I go outside to load my bag in the car and it starts pouring down. I can’t be mad because we desperately needed the rain, but I was looking forward to getting a round in. 😢