GoGoGo Sport Vpro Rangefinder w/ slope

J7Hawkins

Quick Intro

I am mid/late 20s, currently an 18 handicap after reworking my swing (with a great coach) from a baseball player game to a golfer swing. I played some golf in HS but didn't touch a club again until about a year ago when I joined my local country club to get back into the game and work with the local pro, who I knew and trusted. In my career I have been as low as an 11 handicap and as high as a 22 but currently on a quest to get to a 10.

I play about 4/5 rounds a week but will at least visit the driving range/putting green/chipping area every day of the week. It's a grind! That being said, a rangefinder is an IMPORTANT tool in my bag as I practice on the range often and don't have a sim or other device to track shots. So I go old school with a rangefinder and a notebook. Prior to testing out the GoGoGo Sport Vpro rangefinder, I was borrowing a Blue Tees Gold Series 3 Max and for the purposes of this review I will be comparing the two.

The areas that I will cover in regards to the GoGoGo Sport Vpro will be:

1. Looks/Build Quality
  2. Ease of Use
  3. Speed
  4. Accuracy
  5. Overall impression/Value

1. Looks/Build Quality

Pouch.png.a29b898f1554ef11c276f6acf526a68f.png

(Included pouch with zip and elastic enclosure. Also has a sewn on loop on the back side to secure to a bag by carabiner ~not included~)

Unzipped.png.76159c8375ebb9ecb9545f9867fc83fc.png

(Very smooth zipper that I have used between rounds, while relying on the elastic enclosure during rounds with the pouch secured to my bag via the sewn on look on the enclosure)

All in all the pouch that the GoGoGo Vpro comes with is decent quality 6.5/10. The zipper is surprisingly smooth and the elastic enclosure works exactly as you'd hope. However, there are a few areas for improvement:

• The sew on strap on the back that is meant to be used to secure the pouch to your bag via a tie or carabiner is extremely tight. I had to wedge a pen into the opening and work it around a little to actually get enough "give" to it to secure to my bag. Also, it wouldn't be too hard for them to include a carabiner...
  • The pouch itself is a little lightweight. As I mentioned, I have my pouch secured to my bag with a carabiner and during my rounds I will take the rangefinder out, shoot my distance, then place it back in the pouch and use the elastic enclosure to keep it put. After each round I will go ahead and zip it closed to give extra security. But, my concern with the pouch is that it doesn't provide a lot of protection for the rangefinder as it is easily pressed flat and doesn't keep weight off of the range well at all. I noticed that several times after my round I would put my clubs in the back of my SUV (range pouch secured to the side) and if my bag was to shift or roll any it would end up on top of the pouch which wouldn't hold its shape against the weight of the clubs. It would have been just as safe lying directly underneath the bag without the case.

Buttons.png.7fb3d329bed7c4d5e55b8e5742107e0e.png

(two clearly marked buttons up top, both with great tactics response)

Inhand.png.d0d79dc6475a0ca40d14ee01bd405350.png

(in hand look shows the surprisingly small size relative to my hand, otherwise very sleek)

The quality of the rangefinder in hand feels a little suspect, and when first getting it out of its box the light weight and feel was a bit worrisome. However, I have now been using it for 6 months and there hasn't been any noticeable wear/tear on the rangefinder at all so my initial reaction seems to have been incorrect. 

The visual aspects of the rangefinder I actually really like, there's nothing flashy or odd about it, it is exactly what I would want my range to be - unsuspecting. 

My only issue with the looks/build quality is the overall size which is a bit smaller than any other range I have seen in the past. Not that I have huge hands (I wear a large golf glove) but the small size feels a bit awkward in my hand when shooting a distance and sometimes I think that if it were slightly larger it would be easier to use. There also is no magnet on the rangefinder, so you can't just stick it to your cart, but I walk a lot anyway so no big deal to me.

Looks/Build Quality rating: 8/10

2. Ease of Use

This range doesn't have a ton of "bells/whistles" which actually helps the ease of use. It has a clearly marked "mode" button which switches between a "pin-seeking" mode, non "pin-seeking" mode, and a "pin-seeking" mode with slope.

For the purposes of this review I will focus mainly on the "pin-seeking" modes. I have determined these to be the most effective, even when shooting a target that isn't a flag (ex: a tree that you need to cover or edge of the water). T

The main "power" button is used to power on the device and repeated to focus in on a target. The tactile response of the button, paired with the vibration of the Vpro make it very clear when it has locked onto the target. The target lock is clear, with the only difficulty being the lack of magnification seen in some other high quality rangefinders. If you are shooting a distance greater than 200 yards, it can take multiple attempts to lock onto the correct target and get your number. 

Ease of use rating: 7.5/10

3. Speed

The GoGoGo Vpro rangefinder is very quick getting a reading. Note the issues in the "ease of use" section though, as it is quick to give a number but I have made it my normal practice to shoot the target at least twice to verify that it locked on the right target the first time. Normally it will return a yardage within .5% of the original and I will know that I have my number. Once again, if you are shooting at 200 yards or beyond there will be added time as it becomes challenging for the range to give you an accurate number because of the difficulty of shooting the flag. Anything beyond 200 will likely take 5-6 attempts to feel confident in your number.

Speed rating: 7/10

4. Accuracy

Once again, recurring issues which include not locking on the flag outside of 200 yards will impact the "accuracy" rating somewhat but I will focus on ym experience testing it against the BlueTees Series 3 Max. In my tests, the GoGoGo Vpro rangefinder when tested at 150-200 yards performed better than anticipated. It regularly gave readings within .5% of the BlueTees Series 3 Max ($270) which is nearly 3X the cost of the Vpro ($84). The only impactful difference I noted in my test was when using the slope function. While the pure distance reading with both rangefinders was always within .5%, the slope had more variance. Without having a better way to test them, I hit 20 shots with an 8 iron (my 160 yard flight club) at a distance which the Vpro said was 155 slope 161 and the Series 3 Max read 155.5 slope 158. While my test was far from perfect as I am not a machine and don't produce identical results, I do think the actual sloped distance was closer to 158 than 161. 

Thus, I concluded that the slope function of the GoGoGo Vpro rangefinder was likely not quite as accurate as some others, but definitely still worth following. I conducted a similar exercise at 210 yards. At that distance the non-slope readings were nearly identical and the slopes were once again, 3-4 yards apart.

Accuracy rating: 7.5/10

5. Overall Impression/Value

Overall I would rate the GoGoGo Vpro Rangefinder a 7.5/10! The lightweight pouch which is not the most protective and the difficulties shooting distances beyond 200 yards are really the only "cons" to this rangefinder. If you are someone that is looking to buy your first rangefinder and not wanting to spend an arm and a leg, it is a good option at $84. The added time it takes to get a reading on a shot beyond 200 yards hasn't been a big problem for me as I am not often shooting that distance (maybe 1-2 times a round) and when I do, it doesn't bother me that it takes a few tries to get the right number. GoGoGo did a good job on this rangefinder and I personally am glad that I decided to go this route rather than saving for a more expensive option.

Overall rating: 7.5/10

thanks for reading along!

Driver: ping.png.e3ed5628ca52a8b2c125dee1b870da4f.png g410 (Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65g) | Mini Driver: TaylorMade BRNR Mini Copper (Kai’Li Blue 70g) | 3 Wood: 70-707561_cobra-logo-png-transparent-cobra-golf-logo-vector.png-removebg-preview.png.b72d599215d4665a747b0adcf37e74ae.png LTDx (Project X HZRDUS Smoke IM10) | Utility Iron: Sub70 699 v2 Utility (20° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 90g)) | pxg.png.1f27c0c70c160b03f2f988ce62043156.png XCOR2 0211 5-GW (DG Tour Series S300) | Wedges (52, 56, 60): mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png T22 Blue Ion (DG  Tour Series S400) | Putter: Myproject-12.png.a10a6f62037a1d622840ac8f721d759f.png Versa Double-Wide Blade (Stroke Lab shaft) | Ball: mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png RB Tour X

Baseball player turned golf addict. 

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Bwharley77 said:

Picked up a GoGoGo Vpro myself about 3 weeks ago and have 4 rounds under my belt with it.  Overall, a very good review of the rangefinder noted above.  For the money, this is a great find and suits the purposes I need on the course.

Thank you @Bwharley77! Totally agree with you, it does the job. No more, no less. I actually may prefer the cheaper one because I don't feel as bad tossing it to the ground when I go to hit my shot 😂

Driver: ping.png.e3ed5628ca52a8b2c125dee1b870da4f.png g410 (Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65g) | Mini Driver: TaylorMade BRNR Mini Copper (Kai’Li Blue 70g) | 3 Wood: 70-707561_cobra-logo-png-transparent-cobra-golf-logo-vector.png-removebg-preview.png.b72d599215d4665a747b0adcf37e74ae.png LTDx (Project X HZRDUS Smoke IM10) | Utility Iron: Sub70 699 v2 Utility (20° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 90g)) | pxg.png.1f27c0c70c160b03f2f988ce62043156.png XCOR2 0211 5-GW (DG Tour Series S300) | Wedges (52, 56, 60): mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png T22 Blue Ion (DG  Tour Series S400) | Putter: Myproject-12.png.a10a6f62037a1d622840ac8f721d759f.png Versa Double-Wide Blade (Stroke Lab shaft) | Ball: mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png RB Tour X

Baseball player turned golf addict. 

• 7 months later...