Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Evnroll V-Series Putters - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

@JudgeSmailsgreat job ! Everyone check out his review went into a lot of detail !

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Hey everyone! I just posted up my review for the EV5.3 Black. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Hello All ... my final review is up ! please check it out and let me know of any questions. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

Nothing whatsoever against Evnroll putters, I’ve been using them for years. But I noticed several reviewers really liked the black finishes - I did too until I bought one from Evnroll.

I would recommend sticking with satin for any Evnroll putter.

I’ve had an ER5B for just over 2 years, and it has been babied the entire time. Much of the black finish on the sole has worn off completely just rubbing against the headcover - that’s unacceptable in my view. I’ve never had a putter that showed wear so fast. Fortunately the top of the putter looks almost new. I contacted Evnroll and they said “this is the most durable finish on the market.” And they offered to refinish my ER5B for $80 plus shipping, or to remove the finish back to satin. The finish may be durable as paint goes (I have my doubts), but it’s by no means the most durable finish on the market. If I go for something other than satin again in another brand, it will be PVD or similar, not paint. I will not buy another black Evnroll.

in addition, the black finish has rubbed off the shaft as well where it rubs against the top of the bag. There’s a 3/4 shiny spot where the black is gone.

Just FYI for prospective buyers.

Another heads up, as some reviewers noted, the Evnroll face results in a very soft face feel. If you tend to leave putts short, an Evnroll could exacerbate that tendency. Otherwise Evnroll’s are great putters.

IMG_2844.jpeg

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

1 hour ago, Middler said:

Nothing whatsoever against Evnroll putters, I’ve been using them for years. But I noticed several reviewers really liked the black finishes - I did too until I bought one from Evnroll.

I would recommend sticking with satin for any Evnroll putter.

I’ve had an ER5B for just over 2 years, and it has been babied the entire time. Much of the black finish on the sole has worn off completely just rubbing against the headcover - that’s unacceptable in my view. I’ve never had a putter that showed wear so fast. Fortunately the top of the putter looks almost new. I contacted Evnroll and they said “this is the most durable finish on the market.” And they offered to refinish my ER5B for $80 plus shipping, or to remove the finish back to satin. The finish may be durable as paint goes (I have my doubts), but it’s by no means the most durable finish on the market. If I go for something other than satin again in another brand, it will be PVD or similar, not paint. I will not buy another black Evnroll.

in addition, the black finish has rubbed off the shaft as well where it rubs against the top of the bag. There’s a 3/4 shiny spot where the black is gone.

Just FYI for prospective buyers.

Another heads up, as some reviewers noted, the Evnroll face results in a very soft face feel. If you tend to leave putts short, an Evnroll could exacerbate that tendency. Otherwise Evnroll’s are great putters.

IMG_2844.jpeg

I figured at some point it will happen, it happens with black finish iron and wedges, on the website this is what they state.. “Please note: Our black ceramic-coated putters are highly durable, but may wear off over time, particularly on the bottom where it can be exposed to abrasive surfaces during use. Normal wear and tear is not considered a defect.”

but yes I would agree in the long run it’s going to wear off and not look as good 

1 hour ago, Nolan220 said:

I figured at some point it will happen, it happens with black finish iron and wedges, on the website this is what they state.. “Please note: Our black ceramic-coated putters are highly durable, but may wear off over time, particularly on the bottom where it can be exposed to abrasive surfaces during use. Normal wear and tear is not considered a defect.”

but yes I would agree in the long run it’s going to wear off and not look as good 

That’s a recent addition, that did not appear when Evnroll rolled out their black finish options. Still doesn’t for the Classic line of putters.

And I don’t consider irons and wedges comparable to putters as the abrasion from a full swing is far more aggressive than any putt.

At any rate, I want buyers to know if they choose Evnroll black, they will begin to see wear within a year - not what I’d consider “highly durable” at all. PVD would not wear as quickly. 

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

On 7/18/2023 at 6:58 AM, Willie T said:

Congrats to those chosen to putt, putt, putt away EVNROLL style.  Going to be fun seeing how these measure up against the flat sticks already in the tester’s bags!  

Really enjoyed the reviews - thanks for sharing the pros and not so pros of these putters.  You guys offered some key insights on how important getting fit for a putter really is.  Inspired to get the right putter in the bag. 

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

• 2 weeks later...

I now have 6 Rounds in w/ EVNRoll in the bag, here's a little stats update

update.png.d0c1025d2df521719803c069baa3cf5a.png

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

3 minutes ago, JudgeSmails said:

I now have 6 Rounds in w/ EVNRoll in the bag, here's a little stats update

update.png.d0c1025d2df521719803c069baa3cf5a.png

Looks like you’re trending in a very positive direction - just over one fewer putts per round, capitalizing on GIR putts to be par or better.  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

@JudgeSmails looking good !

I am in the process of tinkering the Evnroll to add it back in play for the fall/winter

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t been able to get out and play for a couple of weeks due to other obligations so putting in the basement has been the new norm. Decided to start making some videos to change things up a bit. TaylorMade TP5x is a bit too firm for my liking on course but it putts just fine.

Still really enjoying the Evnroll EV5.3 Black. Definitely a good fit for me  

Edited by ParFore74x

• 3 weeks later...

Played 18 this morning and am still enjoying the EV5.3 Black with 31 putts today. I’m still feeling really confident with one putts in the 6’ and under range and outside of that confidence is still high for lag putts to get into around a 4-5’ circle of the hole. No three putts today which is always nice. Direction and speed seemed to be getting more and more consistent so tempo is definitely good. Putting has clearly returned as the “no worries” aspect of my game and the EV5.3 Black has helped that happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Being in Indiana....my season is over.  Here are my final stats with each putter on the year.  I did eventually cool off a little 🙂   But still loving EVNRoll...

seasonfinal.png.c6b20dbf4c96b94fe409193c58daa329.png

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

• 2 weeks later...

As a long time fan of Evnroll putters, I noticed that the milling in my EV5.2 seems more pronounced than in previous iterations. I have the ER2v and had the ER5v and the milling wasn’t as noticeable- more of a smooth look. Anyone else notice this? Wondering why Evnroll changed the milling? 

IMG_6971.jpeg

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

On 9/1/2023 at 1:35 AM, Nolan220 said:

Got out on my lunch break to roll some more putts .. still getting a little left to right push but not as bad as when I first used it. 
IMG_7689.jpeg.f7ba792b8cb7712cec98ae082e6631d3.jpegIMG_7687.jpeg.8865f30677eb2f85773d16f3c66a8e51.jpeg

If your lie angle is too flat, it will make your putt left to right. That maybe the main reason, grip may not so dominant to the path.

You can refer to one of the illustration I found on the net. https://www.insidegolf.com.au/golftips/putting/the-effects-of-an-incorrect-lie-angle-on-your-putter/

• 3 weeks later...

Still absolutely loving the Evnroll EV5.3 Black. As I have stated before, for me it seems to be very confidence inspiring when I stand over a putt of pretty much any length including the long lags. Inside of 5’ and I almost feel like putting is automatic. Don’t get me wrong, the occasional three putt still happens but I feel that they are not as common of an occurrence anymore. 9 hole rounds this past Thursday and Friday resulted in 16 & 15 putts which is right where I’d like to be sitting 30-31 putts over 18 is the goal.

IMG_2204.jpeg

Edited by ParFore74x

I started to put the evnroll back in practice play to get used to it .. I trimmed it down to 34 .. was 35 and added a pistol grip which, it really gives a nice smooth roll I just need to get used to it a bit more but hoping to be back in play 2024

Had a tough round yesterday, just couldn't get my distances down for some reason.  Left my self a lot of long putts but really starting to get the speed down and had some great lag putts.  Not one 3 putt so I guess that is something considering all the long putts I had.  

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

4 hours ago, poprocksncoke said:

Had a tough round yesterday, just couldn't get my distances down for some reason.  Left my self a lot of long putts but really starting to get the speed down and had some great lag putts.  Not one 3 putt so I guess that is something considering all the long putts I had.  

No 3 putts is always a win. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, poprocksncoke said:

Well 3 putted the first hole today, streak is over 🤣🤣🤣

All good things come to end. Sucks when it’s the first hole of a round! 😂 

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up putting the evnroll back in play, I removed the gravity grip, it felt just it was too heavy, so I put a Winn oversize pistol grip on and cut the shaft to 34in from 35in, I putted pretty good around avg but a lot of my lag putts were so much better. The roll is definitely better than my old gamer. I might try to switch to a little thicker grip the oversize is good but seems little small then what I’m used too

6 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

I ended up putting the evnroll back in play, I removed the gravity grip, it felt just it was too heavy, so I put a Winn oversize pistol grip on and cut the shaft to 34in from 35in, I putted pretty good around avg but a lot of my lag putts were so much better. The roll is definitely better than my old gamer. I might try to switch to a little thicker grip the oversize is good but seems little small then what I’m used too

Have you had a chance to try the Evnroll TourTac grip? I find the shape and size of that grip to be very comfortable, better than the SuperStroke 2.0 on my other putters. 

5 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

Have you had a chance to try the Evnroll TourTac grip? I find the shape and size of that grip to be very comfortable, better than the SuperStroke 2.0 on my other putters. 

No but I will look into it now thanks 

5 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

Actually I did try this during my fitting and I liked it a lot .. 

• 3 months later...

A little bit of a longish term update with a development with my Evnroll EV5.3.

While rolling some putts in the basement this past week I noticed that the putter felt a little off, like something was physically loose. Upon further inspection I found that the two screws holding the two pieces of the head together were indeed a touch loose which was allowing the back piece of the head to bounce when I moved it around. I removed the screws completely to check the threads and they looked fine. There looks to be a light coating of a threadlocker that appears to be white. It tightened right up and of course I will now be checking it regularly to see if and when it does it again.

IMG_2693.jpeg.760fa6156e049d9f407dc1aa2dcdaf82.jpeg

Still absolutely love how this putter feels and I definitely feel confident standing over putts with it. I usually play multiple rounds per week and roll putts at home daily with it. 

I’ve also updated my original review with this new information. 

3 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

While rolling some putts in the basement this past week I noticed that the putter felt a little off, like something was physically loose. Upon further inspection I found that the two screws holding the two pieces of the head together were indeed a touch loose which was allowing the back piece of the head to bounce when I moved it around. I removed the screws completely to check the threads and they looked fine. There looks to be a light coating of a threadlocker that appears to be white. It tightened right up and of course I will now be checking it regularly to see if and when it does it again.

Still absolutely love how this putter feels and I definitely feel confident standing over putts with it. I usually play multiple rounds per week and roll putts at home daily with it. 

Wow that's not something you'd ever expect to loosen! Did you check all the others, including the one for the shaft? 

Also maybe back out those screws again, clean off the threads and the inserts, and apply your own thread lock?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

Wow,  that's something to keep an eye on.  Glad I haven't had this issue.  Could explain my last round but yet it was just me 🤣

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo