Stack Training System - 2023 Forum Member Review

GolfSpy BOS
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Testing Tracker Update:  Foundations Complete

image.png

Follow Testers main posts and progress via the links below!

@hckymeyer - Testing Post

@twyatt700 - Testing Post

@GregGarner - Testing Post

@DaveP043 - Testing Post

@Derek Lusk - Testing Post

@tdroma98Testing Post

On 10/9/2023 at 9:18 PM, Derek Lusk said:

I am very impressed with the stack system so far. I would give a 10/10 . I have seen some speed improvements in my first four sessions. I can’t wait to see where I end up!!IMG_1934.png.226c1a20bc2f5a2c44da3e08c2964d4d.png

Texas golfer always looking to execute the next shot. 2 Aces!

Wondered if there is a wide variety of ages amongst the stack system testers. Also, do you notice a difference in the time of day that you train? I tend to be less flexible early AM and feel stronger early afternoon once aches and pains subside. Exciting to see early improvements in your results already. 

Texas golfer always looking to execute the next shot. 2 Aces!

1 hour ago, K8golfer said:

Wondered if there is a wide variety of ages amongst the stack system testers. Also, do you notice a difference in the time of day that you train? I tend to be less flexible early AM and feel stronger early afternoon once aches and pains subside. Exciting to see early improvements in your results already. 

You can read each of our introductions in the first page of this thread, but I think we do have a pretty wide range of ages.  I'm 67, and I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest, with at least one tester in his 30's.  As to time of day, I generally do my sessions in the morning.  The program wants us to be fully warmed up before we do each session, and the app includes a 15-minute video showing a number of dynamic stretching exercises to get properly warm.  After doing just the stretching, I've worked up a little sweat, and any stiffness I had has been worked out.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

2 hours ago, K8golfer said:

Sasho does a lot of podcast appearances, and in his most recent appearance he did share that Stackers tend to see optimal numbers in the early afternoon, likely owing to their Central Nervous System being fully activated, warm, and ready to go.

Whether someone can rearrange things in order to do their speeds sessions is another question.  I typically have to mine first thing in the morning before a workout.  For what it’s worth, I do tend to agree with Sasho…on those days where I am off from work and can wait until a little bit later in the day, I do tend to see faster speeds.

Anyone who’s interested in the Stack should really find a couple of Sasho’s podcast appearances.  I promise you’ll come away really impressed with the man and what he’s put in to this product.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Stack Training System - 2023 Forum Member Review
7 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

You can read each of our introductions in the first page of this thread, but I think we do have a pretty wide range of ages.  I'm 67, and I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest, with at least one tester in his 30's.  As to time of day, I generally do my sessions in the morning.  The program wants us to be fully warmed up before we do each session, and the app includes a 15-minute video showing a number of dynamic stretching exercises to get properly warm.  After doing just the stretching, I've worked up a little sweat, and any stiffness I had has been worked out.  

I’m 36; definitely interested to see speed gains normalized for age!

So far my speed seems to be more correlated to how I’m feeling versus time of day. Had one day I Stacked after playing 18, felt great, and just lit it up. Then a couple days later, had significant stiffness and soreness in my back (yay for being 6’2” with poor posture…) and couldn’t generate any speed at all. Was a full 10 mph slower…

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

13 hours ago, K8golfer said:

I'm 44, but probably in better shape now than I was at 40.  I haven't noticed a huge difference in time of day, I find the quality of my warm up makes a bigger difference.

I've felt great during some sessions and the speed just wasn't there.  Then today I had a few different PR (personal records) at various weights while being extremely tired and fairly hung over from a long day of golf yesterday at a very fun tournament.

Also a question for the other testers...do you find yourself giving attitude when verbally saying your speeds?  If I have one a few MPH slower than I was hoping for I find myself telling the phone my speed with quite a bit of spite 😜 then if I have a good one it's like I'm sharing exciting news when I call out the speed

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Happy Friday Testers!  I've updated the top of the page to show our Testing Tracker and progress update for today:

image.png

This is just a first so I might play with the format a little but as you can all see our testers are off and running and each with at least 4 sessions completed in the Foundations Program.  

For this view we are tracking the eSpeed, which is what that stack estimates your driver swing speed should be with the final swings of your session using the 195g weight configuration.  This is what I would call the "core" weight setup that you use every time to end your session.

That is a very nice Excel chart there, can we get an interactive Power BI dashboard next please

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

54 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

That is a very nice Excel chart there, can we get an interactive Power BI dashboard next please

Not interactive.... but sort of cool still

image.png

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Not interactive.... but sort of cool still

image.png

Love a good chart, sorry its what I stare at all day, what can I say at least I don't bust out the graph paper for fun once I am off work 😆

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 10/12/2023 at 8:31 AM, DaveP043 said:

It's easy to find the cost here:

https://www.thestacksystem.com/collections/us-products

The reviewers are only partway through the program, we don't know how much speed we'll eventually gain, you'll have to keep coming back to see.

re: Cost

Do a search for discount codes.  Lowest one I found was 10%

Edited by Evendale_Rob
Spelling

47 minutes ago, Evendale_Rob said:

Do a search for discouont codes.  Lowest one I found was 10%

I believe a rival golf forum offers a code for 10%  off.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

8 hours ago, Evendale_Rob said:

7 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I believe a rival golf forum offers a code for 10%  off.

Actually, get in the Stack app under "Account" and you'll see a link entitled "Refer Friends, Earn Credit."  Using that produces a hyperlink you can send to a friend; once he/she uses that link to buy, they get $50 off the purchase (much better than 10%) and you get a free year of the app.

I'm happy to refer anyone who might be interested and wants a link, just shoot me a DM. 😉

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Would reallllllly like to see a controlled experiment studying the effects of indoor vs outdoor. The first two sessions were outdoor, green grass, wearing spikes. Then I tweaked my back but was able to get mobile enough for a set and... probably shouldn't have (102 eSpeed in the chart below). But all of the sessions after the first two have been indoor, in my garage, wearing trainers. Seemingly despite my best efforts, I am just unable to get as much speed in a confined space, on concrete. 

stackdriverespeed.PNG.3a6d17edbcf7806d01e0d7c847e918f3.PNG

I'm hoping to get outside for my next session and crossing my fingers that my speeds will jump back up. 

As a side note, when I went and played last (somewhere around session 4/5), I noticed bigger drives. I didn't get a chance to warm up and my first drive was a dead-center strike, 285 down the middle. Typically, when I'm not warm and just hoping to hit somewhere on the flat part of the club, I don't expect more than 260. Hole 2 I was 310 down the middle. Hole 5 was my next driver and it was a pretty good miss, making it 295 down the right side of a dogleg right. 

Am I frustrated that my eSpeeds aren't higher? Sure. But it's pretty tough to argue with an extra 20+ yards in on-course performance.

stackprogress.JPG.9d2bdec7bb2c6fddd63e7f4c87ac074e.JPG

Edited by GregGarner

Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)

Tested:

October 20th Update:

image.png

All of our testers are well into the program and while everyone has had some ups and downs in the first few sessions we're starting to see trends to higher speeds in the testing!

@GolfSpy SAM's program has officially started so with next week's update we'll have him included here too! 

I'd like to ask our testers a question:  What has been one of your favorite features of the app so far?  Bonus points if none of y'all repeat! 

@hckymeyer @twyatt700 @GregGarner@Derek Lusk@DaveP043@tdroma98

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

32 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

October 20th Update:

image.png

All of our testers are well into the program and while everyone has had some ups and downs in the first few sessions we're starting to see trends to higher speeds in the testing!

@GolfSpy SAM's program has officially started so with next week's update we'll have him included here too! 

I'd like to ask our testers a question:  What has been one of your favorite features of the app so far?  Bonus points if none of y'all repeat! 

If I answer first I can’t repeat something!  

My favorite part of the app so far is the voice recognition and countdown timer for swings. It’s completely hands free once you start a session, just swing and call out the radar reading, it’ll count down 15 seconds then do it again.  

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

11 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

My favorite part of the app so far is the voice recognition and countdown timer for swings. It’s completely hands free once you start a session, just swing and call out the radar reading, it’ll count down 15 seconds then do it again.  

I have to agree. The countdown timer is great for keeping you on pace and making sure you get enough rest. 

I also like that it’s basically like starting a race in Mario Kart. beep, beep, beep, BEEEEP. 

helps me get revved up and ready to rip the next swing. 

34 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

OK, I agree, but technically those are TWO things!  🤣

Certainly the entire experience with the app is very good, but my favorite thing so far is the notification when I achieve a personal best, its a great motivator.  Interesting that I've now finished 8 sessions, there are still weight combinations that I've had only once, so often my second swing at a specific weight will be a personal best.  Even knowing that, its still a great feeling!

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Totally agree with the "cool" factor of the "say the speed" and it records it - super helpful. 

That being said, my favorite part of the app so far is that EVERYTHING is tap-able to find out more info about just about every single thing. I just thing that's the most clever implementation I've ever seen - especially when you're just starting out in a program and don't know what's what. 

Super, super clever. 

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

OK, I agree, but technically those are TWO things!  🤣

Certainly the entire experience with the app is very good, but my favorite thing so far is the notification when I achieve a personal best, its a great motivator.  Interesting that I've now finished 8 sessions, there are still weight combinations that I've had only once, so often my second swing at a specific weight will be a personal best.  Even knowing that, its still a great feeling!

I started tracking top speeds of everyone to build out some speed curves, there are weights that some of you have done that I still haven’t. 

which come to think of it, that is my favorite feature so far:

Even the baseline program is tuned specifically to you! It’s like having Sasho right there with you to develop your own custom program, even though when you’re using the app it feels like a natural progression to the program. 

On 10/13/2023 at 1:52 PM, Evendale_Rob said:

Fir for Golf has a 20% off code:

The Stack System - 20% off for Fit For Golf Subscribers

Use code FFG20

Valid until October 31st

Link: https://www.thestacksystem.com/

5 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

October 20th Update:

image.png

There are two things I really like about the app. One it tells you when you have achieved your best speed at each weight. The other thing I like is that when you are on each weight it shows you what your highest swing speed has been at that weight. 

Derek Lusk

12 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Totally agree with the "cool" factor of the "say the speed" and it records it - super helpful. 

That being said, my favorite part of the app so far is that EVERYTHING is tap-able to find out more info about just about every single thing. I just thing that's the most clever implementation I've ever seen - especially when you're just starting out in a program and don't know what's what. 

Super, super clever. 

I’ve got the Voice Caddie SC200+ with voice dictation for my radar, meaning I never even have to say a word…Stack app picks it up flawlessly.

13 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I’ve got the Voice Caddie SC200+ with voice dictation for my radar, meaning I never even have to say a word…Stack app picks it up flawlessly.

image.gif

On 10/20/2023 at 5:03 PM, GolfSpy BOS said:

One of my favorite features so far is the energy and health tracking. I mentioned in a prior post that I wasn't 100% for a session, so I like being able to look back and see the correlation between how I'm feeling in a session and how I performed in a session. (Also wish there was a way to track indoor vs. outdoor, but that's for another time.)

Tested:

Have to agree with everyone's favorites, @Derek Lusk the cheering is a motivator when you achieve a New Best. The countdown & voice recognition as @hckymeyer stated. Excellent.  Sasho's preworkout routine is fantastic!

My new favorite feature has been entering notes after the session. Seeing the average swing speed after each set is perfect. At the end being able to keep notes of the session is important to me giving an honest opinion of how my swing felt & how I was swinging and being able to expand on energy level. It could be a good history reference, especially when you have a good session. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0