Music on the Course

GolfSpy Dave

I'm ok with others playing music as long as the volume is so low that it can only be heard inside the cart. Note: when I'm playing alone - I'll generally play music, however in those instances, no one else is around. 

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I have a couple of speakers I use....the original Puma Sound Chuck and I got a Bushnell wingman for my birthday last year.

When I play solo a play a mix of classic rock and 80’s/90’s stuff at a volume where it can’t be heard if you are 10 feet away from the cart.

When I play with my buddies I always ask if they mind if I play music.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Respect for others is the answer.  Several people that I play with tend to have music going in their carts, but at a volume that is low enough so as to not bother others.  On the other hand, there are a few obnoxious ones that seem to think they need the volume booming and can be heard 2 fairways over.  Just like the idiot with his subwoofers booming out of his truck and rumbling your car at the stoplight -- NOT COOL!

I don't feel a need to listen to music when I play, but I don't have issues with those that do provided that it is at a volume that doesn't affect other players.

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I always listen to music while I golf; keeps me in rhythm and stops me from thinking too much. But always on my Bluetooth headphones, because I’m not that guy...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

Have to admit I’m changing my mind on this, in the cart it’s great to chill out but if I can hear it during my swing still not used to it

• Like 2

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

• 2 weeks later...

Our Sunday 4some played at Caledonia (if ever in SC, it’s a must play) and a $200+ per round, we’d like to think we would enjoy the sounds of nature ... and while we did, there was 4-5 instances where we can hear the music at our tee box from the group behind us while they were at the green. It bothered all 4 of us, albeit, it didn’t affect our tee shots. 

If it were a different course with significantly lower green fees, it’s likely 1 of us would’ve been slightly confrontational about it. 😆 

• Like 2

The 🙌🏼 ... GO CANES!

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 9*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19*

Irons: post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS2 (5i-6i); TS1 (7i-GW)

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

I got into the habit last year of having wireless headphones in on rounds where it was just me (I did toss them in once when I was linked up with a less than conversational group) besides that I typically don’t have music on the course when I go out. With the push cart now I might toss one in there and keep it low so just I can hear it. I understand how some folks don’t enjoy to hear my music 

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

6 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I got into the habit last year of having wireless headphones in on rounds where it was just me (I did toss them in once when I was linked up with a less than conversational group) besides that I typically don’t have music on the course when I go out. With the push cart now I might toss one in there and keep it low so just I can hear it. I understand how some folks don’t enjoy to hear my music 

For those of you that are listening to music, preferably with wireless headphones 😉 ... what are you listening to? 

I’ll sometimes wear headphones while at the driving range and for me, it’s house/trance music. 😎

Did read a comment about how it helps block out mental chatter for another by listening to music. Never thought of that as a benefit while playing the course. 

• Like 3

The 🙌🏼 ... GO CANES!

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 9*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19*

Irons: post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS2 (5i-6i); TS1 (7i-GW)

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

43 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I never knew how much I would love wireless headphones.  If I go as a single they're always in tow.

33 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

For those of you that are listening to music, preferably with wireless headphones 😉 ... what are you listening to? 

Any number of things.  Rush R30, Augustana, Dropkick Murphys, Maren Morris, Beethoven, Taylor Swift or the Killers.

So yeah, any number of things 🙂

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

43 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

I’ll sometimes wear headphones while at the driving range and for me, it’s house/trance music. 😎

Did read a comment about how it helps block out mental chatter for another by listening to music. Never thought of that as a benefit while playing the course. 

It does help me zone. I’m fairly quick on course not much gets in my head but music is an added bonus for me (work to I can blow through a lot of stuff when I zone out with music). Not that I zone out on course but just that groove. 
for me typically depends on my mood but usually rock country or 90s early 2000 rap. Luke combs or lil Wayne 99% of the time does the trick.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I played with 2 guys last week who were using the bushnell speaker and gps. It doesn’t bother me much during leisure rounds. Anything more than that I’d rather be fully focused. The bushnell unit was kinda cool, they thought the golf clap feature was great😂

a playlist of country music works for me. I don’t  think I could have any sort of EDM or rap music going

• Like 4

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

• 1 month later...

Similar but different - I'm seeing more driving ranges and practice areas playing music. I actually really like that, it's a nice touch at a destination course with a music that fits the course's theme (mountain course with bluegrass music, beach course with beach-y music). The Golfers Journal interviewed Don Rea recently and he talked about how his local muni course changes the music the play throughout the day as the players change (early mornings- classics for the older crowd; later afternoons- more todays hits for the high school and younger group practicing after school). A little something in the background never bothered me.

• Like 3

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

• 1 month later...

Me and my Uncle got paired with a couple of guys that had music playing in their cart. I asked them to turn it down on the first hole. They were fine with that. I said I really like the seclusion and sounds of nature when I play. I’m not sure I understand this trend- one of the greatest things about golf is the tranquility. I almost always walk so that if I have a bad round at least I got out in nature and got some exercise. 
Plus, why would I want to be subjected to someone else’s taste in music? Use headphones you egomaniacs! 

Driver: Ping 425 Max; Rogue White 70

3 Wood: Ping 410; Mitsubishi Tensei Orange

7 Wood: Callaway Steelhead

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Titleist 53 degree, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Odyssey 10 Tour Lined; Seemore Z2

I like some music on the course. My buddy has a bluetooth speaker he'll bring along and we'll listen to tunes, usually at a volume that we can't hear from the teebox.

I'd rather be paired up with someone listening to music, even if it was music I hated, than a bunch of cigar smokers or ignorant "joke tellers".

• Love 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

38 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I like some music on the course. My buddy has a bluetooth speaker he'll bring along and we'll listen to tunes, usually at a volume that we can't hear from the teebox.

I'd rather be paired up with someone listening to music, even if it was music I hated, than a bunch of cigar smokers or ignorant "joke tellers".

I always play music when I'm playing alone. However, I wouldn't mind it if others were playing as well. 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 1 month later...

I don't mind it as long as the volume isn't ridiculous.  I personally wouldn't do it for myself... seems like a distraction to trying to focus on a round of golf... I have enough issue making sure my Garmin is charged, let alone dealing with a bluetooth speaker, connecting to a streaming service/channel of choice and making sure my playing partners don't mind the music and my choices.... I could be on #3 by the time I get all that set up.  Haha.  

• PXG 0811X Proto Driver - Evenflow Riptide 60
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist 2021 T200 4-GW
  • Nike V-Forged 52 & 56
  • Mizuno M Craft II White Satin Putter
  • Titleist -Pro V1x (Left Dash)