Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2023 Titleist White Box Testing Thread

GolfSpy_APH

4 hours ago, HikingMike said:

Capture01b.PNG.7b98641ad1f2882424916c90150ca9db.PNG

🤔

Weird, I didn't see that when I posted it - or when I look at it now.  Must've been a cut/paste error.  I had some issues trying to do a straight paste from Excel.  Ultimately put it into a JPG format to get it to show up correctly.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png

12 hours ago, Peejer said:

Weird, I didn't see that when I posted it - or when I look at it now.  Must've been a cut/paste error.  I had some issues trying to do a straight paste from Excel.  Ultimately put it into a JPG format to get it to show up correctly.

I edited the image. I was just making a goofy point at your driver shots being only 0-2 yards offline with those 3 balls. Like what kind of robot are you? It's probably an average, but still. It's tighter than your 7 iron and PW. You might want to start using your driver to bounce one up from 130 yards 😆

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G20

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone (adj loft +1.5 to 16 deg) 

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

Just fiddling around between snow flakes, I'm still getting the same feelings about the test ball, good feel, flight, sound, control and spin. Distance remains the same, cover is finally showing a small amount of roughage. I would still play this ball.

BTW, have you noticed that the prices have gone up at McDonalds on the Large fry, but yet the only give you the amount of a medium?

They need to give you the amount of fries that you pay for. 😁

fries.jpg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

8 hours ago, HikingMike said:

I edited the image. I was just making a goofy point at your driver shots being only 0-2 yards offline with those 3 balls. Like what kind of robot are you? It's probably an average, but still. It's tighter than your 7 iron and PW. You might want to start using your driver to bounce one up from 130 yards 😆

I never even noticed the off-line numbers.  And yes, it's a summary of 5 good shots.  I omitted all the 'bad' shots so I'd have solid data to work from and didn't distort data with my swing issues.  Needless to say, it took me quite a while to get the 5 good shots with Driver/7-iron/PW from 3 different balls.  lol.  I don't manually input or adjust any numbers, it's an export from the SkyTrak+ session.

Edited by Peejer

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png

8 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Just fiddling around between snow flakes, I'm still getting the same feelings about the test ball, good feel, flight, sound, control and spin. Distance remains the same, cover is finally showing a small amount of roughage. I would still play this ball.

BTW, have you noticed that the prices have gone up at McDonalds on the Large fry, but yet the only give you the amount of a medium?

They need to give you the amount of fries that you pay for. 😁

fries.jpg

They’re rolling back the fries by 20% and thought you wouldn’t notice. USGA approved. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

IMG_3281.jpeg.ff8a5a0239c018939aca8a2b996f0116.jpeg

One of the balls after one shot from the bunker

IMG_3282.jpeg.9829a8c968f3d1c0f0da488000c4b51e.jpeg

Hello MGS family. This has been a fun test and very happy to be able to participate.

Titleist Ball Test Review

Disclaimer:

The day I received the balls I was playing a round of golf and felt a pop in my knee, yes the dreaded ACL pop. I was able to finish the round, although quite a bit of pain. So I did take 2 weeks off but did a lot of putting and short game work. After the time off I have played 6 rounds matching them against various balls so I do have a decent amount of impressions to share. I am sorry this is a little late but I wanted to give them the fullest test first. By the way, I still have all three balls albeit a little scraped up.

Aesthetics/Design/Intial Impression:

I have received test balls in the past (direct from Titleist no MGS) and it is always exciting to see what they are. Upon opening I found them to be very white and bright. The dimple pattern appears to be more like the AVX compared to PV1 or PV1x. Even though they are test balls they have the initial impression of a quality ball you would expect from Titleist.

Short Game/Putting/Bunkers:

This is where I spent the first two weeks. I am fortunate to have had a putting green installed a couple summers ago so I get daily practice. I chipped these balls against PV1s and found that even on my putting green they did tend to roll out further and not check up as much. Regarding putting I did not notice significant variance in speed or consistency.

On The Course: 

Off the tee - the first day I played it was 36 degrees out and so distance was little shorter than warmer weather. I found the distance to be similar to the comparison balls either PVs or TP5s. I managed a few 250 yard drives which given the weather I was quite happy with for my game right now. I found with the irons that they felt a little firmer than other balls but didn’t sound like a rock. I found a bunker on the second hole with a new test ball and was disappointed in how the cover scuffed so easily (see attached picture). If I was paying $4-5 a ball that would end up being a deal breaker. I didn’t feel like I got as much spin as desired so they didn’t check up on shorter pitch shots or out of the bunkers.

The Good, the bad, the in between:

Overall the distance and putting reliability was as solid as expected from a Titleist. The coloring, labeling and overall first impressions were great. General distance is comparable to other balls and from that perspective I find this a decent ball. The flight pattern was acceptable. Again, I was disappointed in the apparent cover durability. 

Play it or Trade it?

For me the ease at which the cover scraped would make it “trade it” for this ball. 

Conclusion:

Sometimes life happens and we don’t get to do as much as we want when we want to. I would love to have posted this a couple weeks ago but wanted to get a full set of rounds with it to provide everyone with the best impressions I can. I love the opportunity to test products and I hope you all find reading mine along with all the others interesting and helpful.

:honma: Driver, 3W & 5H

:taylormade-small: P790 4-PW S-Taper S

:benhogan-small: 50, 54, 58

:odyssey-small: 7S

Nice review!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

19 hours ago, sglj3 said:

Hello MGS family. This has been a fun test and very happy to be able to participate.

Disclaimer:

The day I received the balls I was playing a round of golf and felt a pop in my knee, yes the dreaded ACL pop. I was able to finish the round, although quite a bit of pain. So I did take 2 weeks off but did a lot of putting and short game work. After the time off I have played 6 rounds matching them against various balls so I do have a decent amount of impressions to share. I am sorry this is a little late but I wanted to give them the fullest test first. By the way, I still have all three balls albeit a little scraped up.

I have received test balls in the past (direct from Titleist no MGS) and it is always exciting to see what they are. Upon opening I found them to be very white and bright. The dimple pattern appears to be more like the AVX compared to PV1 or PV1x. Even though they are test balls they have the initial impression of a quality ball you would expect from Titleist.

This is where I spent the first two weeks. I am fortunate to have had a putting green installed a couple summers ago so I get daily practice. I chipped these balls against PV1s and found that even on my putting green they did tend to roll out further and not check up as much. Regarding putting I did not notice significant variance in speed or consistency.

On The Course: 

Off the tee - the first day I played it was 36 degrees out and so distance was little shorter than warmer weather. I found the distance to be similar to the comparison balls either PVs or TP5s. I managed a few 250 yard drives which given the weather I was quite happy with for my game right now. I found with the irons that they felt a little firmer than other balls but didn’t sound like a rock. I found a bunker on the second hole with a new test ball and was disappointed in how the cover scuffed so easily (see attached picture). If I was paying $4-5 a ball that would end up being a deal breaker. I didn’t feel like I got as much spin as desired so they didn’t check up on shorter pitch shots or out of the bunkers.

Overall the distance and putting reliability was as solid as expected from a Titleist. The coloring, labeling and overall first impressions were great. General distance is comparable to other balls and from that perspective I find this a decent ball. The flight pattern was acceptable. Again, I was disappointed in the apparent cover durability. 

Play it or Trade it?

For me the ease at which the cover scraped would make it “trade it” for this ball. 

Conclusion:

Sometimes life happens and we don’t get to do as much as we want when we want to. I would love to have posted this a couple weeks ago but wanted to get a full set of rounds with it to provide everyone with the best impressions I can. I love the opportunity to test products and I hope you all find reading mine along with all the others interesting and helpful.

Very nice review.

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

Hello All,

I am a little later on the review than I would have liked to have been, but I wanted to give the test balls a thorough test. 

When I first received the White Box, I took the balls out just to see how they felt in my hands and against my putter's face. The test balls seemed to feel a little lighter than my usual gamers, but that could have just been from them sitting outside for a good chunk of the day while I was at work. I also saw that both the shipping container and the ball box were damaged, but the balls were fine. (4 out of 5)

The ball was nothing special to look at, mostly due to the giant test stamp on the ball. But the ball looked new and had no defects on the outside. The ball looked like a normal brand-new ball from Titleist (about which I will never complain). (4.5 out of 5)

My first test was a simple putting test on my mat at home. The balls rolled true enough on the mat and did like I would expect them to do. Nothing out of the ordinary for me in regards to that.

I then took the test balls to a simulator to put them up against my usual gamers, the Callaway Warbirds. For the test, I used three clubs: my pitching wedge, my 7-iron, and my driver. I have posted the results below. Below is the key for the data collected.

DataKey.png.d7f338258d9bdc2cc87dcb2f48c3d6c9.png

Driver - Titleist Test Ball

drivert.png.722c78312b4d8d0e2b73d0c0f4c6d379.png

Driver - Callaway Warbird

driverc.png.43b3b02f4d70df143e3cc56806633cc4.png

As you can see, the average distance between the two balls was almost identical. The biggest difference I saw between the two balls was ball speed and spin rate. The test ball had less spin on average and I gained about 4 mph in ball speed with it. 

7-Iron - Titleist Test Ball

7t.png.0a55e985059306be133e69ad25995b3a.png

7-Iron - Callaway Warbird

7c.png.5cdbb9f943c518725319c866239f45ad.png

Yardage was increased with the test ball this time by nearly 3 yards on the total, despite less carry. I again saw a decrease in the amount of spin on each shot, as well as how high the ball traveled with my 7-iron. I tend to be more of a low-ball flight player, so it was interesting to see the apex height decrease for me.

PW - Titleist Test Ball

PWt.png.7cb29a96e3a223b46d4ff26fa4f09f43.png

PW - Callaway Warbird

PWc.png.c9352f2bf3636896e707b604530048d2.png

Overall, again we see less spin, a slight change in ball speed, and a little more distance. The apex height difference is less pronounced than with the other tests. Overall, nothing bad or mind-blowing with this portion of the testing.

Short Game:

Unfortunately, my short-game tests were unable to include a bunker test. Every time I went to try and test them, the bunkers were soaked at whatever course I visited. Otherwise, the ball performed pretty well compared to the Warbird around the greens. I did not see much of a difference in terms of results (outside of user error) and saw that when needed, they would land soft and spin some on the green (something I do not usually try to do). Overall, I found it performed well around the greens, both from tight fairway lies and the rough.

Overall the performance on these test balls was solid, not spectacular (3.5 out of 5).

Would I play it?

I would probably play it, but I am not overly picky with the balls I use to play. I think that the ball has some good points, but the fact that it flew even lower than my usual with my wedges would concern me, especially when water or other trouble is in the way. I didn’t see a ton of wear and tear with the balls; but, with as soft as they feel to the touch, I can see that becoming an issue in the future. (4 out of 5)

Conclusion

I am grateful to MyGolfSpy and Titleist for selecting me for this test, as I enjoyed the experience. The test ball helped me increase some speed and lowered spin on my driver; but, as someone who does not need help with that, it may have been more of a detriment. If you are putting too much spin on the ball, I would recommend the test balls I had. If you have the same issues as me, maybe skip it.

Final Score: 15.5 out of 20 (77.5%)

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max D, 9.0 Degrees

Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline, 15 Degrees

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP-H5 2-Iron 18 Degrees

Irons: Cobra LTDx, 5-GW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 (50, 54 bent to 55, 60)

Putter: LeanLock APA Model Blade/Yes Marilyn C-Groove

Currently Reviewing: Byrdie Golf Design

Past Reviews: Titleist White Box and Lean Lock Putter

29 minutes ago, warrenator8 said:

Hello All,

I am a little later on the review than I would have liked to have been, but I wanted to give the test balls a thorough test. 

When I first received the White Box, I took the balls out just to see how they felt in my hands and against my putter's face. The test balls seemed to feel a little lighter than my usual gamers, but that could have just been from them sitting outside for a good chunk of the day while I was at work. I also saw that both the shipping container and the ball box were damaged, but the balls were fine. (4 out of 5)

The ball was nothing special to look at, mostly due to the giant test stamp on the ball. But the ball looked new and had no defects on the outside. The ball looked like a normal brand-new ball from Titleist (about which I will never complain). (4.5 out of 5)

My first test was a simple putting test on my mat at home. The balls rolled true enough on the mat and did like I would expect them to do. Nothing out of the ordinary for me in regards to that.

I then took the test balls to a simulator to put them up against my usual gamers, the Callaway Warbirds. For the test, I used three clubs: my pitching wedge, my 7-iron, and my driver. I have posted the results below. Below is the key for the data collected.

As you can see, the average distance between the two balls was almost identical. The biggest difference I saw between the two balls was ball speed and spin rate. The test ball had less spin on average and I gained about 4 mph in ball speed with it. 

Yardage was increased with the test ball this time by nearly 3 yards on the total, despite less carry. I again saw a decrease in the amount of spin on each shot, as well as how high the ball traveled with my 7-iron. I tend to be more of a low-ball flight player, so it was interesting to see the apex height decrease for me.

PW - Titleist Test Ball

PW - Callaway Warbird

Overall, again we see less spin, a slight change in ball speed, and a little more distance. The apex height difference is less pronounced than with the other tests. Overall, nothing bad or mind-blowing with this portion of the testing.

Short Game:

Unfortunately, my short-game tests were unable to include a bunker test. Every time I went to try and test them, the bunkers were soaked at whatever course I visited. Otherwise, the ball performed pretty well compared to the Warbird around the greens. I did not see much of a difference in terms of results (outside of user error) and saw that when needed, they would land soft and spin some on the green (something I do not usually try to do). Overall, I found it performed well around the greens, both from tight fairway lies and the rough.

Overall the performance on these test balls was solid, not spectacular (3.5 out of 5).

Would I play it?

I would probably play it, but I am not overly picky with the balls I use to play. I think that the ball has some good points, but the fact that it flew even lower than my usual with my wedges would concern me, especially when water or other trouble is in the way. I didn’t see a ton of wear and tear with the balls; but, with as soft as they feel to the touch, I can see that becoming an issue in the future. (4 out of 5)

Conclusion

I am grateful to MyGolfSpy and Titleist for selecting me for this test, as I enjoyed the experience. The test ball helped me increase some speed and lowered spin on my driver; but, as someone who does not need help with that, it may have been more of a detriment. If you are putting too much spin on the ball, I would recommend the test balls I had. If you have the same issues as me, maybe skip it.

Very nice and thorough review.  Enjoyed reading it. 

40 minutes ago, warrenator8 said:

Hello All,

PW - Titleist Test Ball

PW - Callaway Warbird

Short Game:

Would I play it?

Conclusion

Very nice review!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

23 hours ago, sglj3 said:

Disclaimer:

On The Course: 

Play it or Trade it?

Conclusion:

Nice review!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, warrenator8 said:

Hello All,

PW - Titleist Test Ball

PW - Callaway Warbird

Short Game:

Would I play it?

Conclusion

Cool review 👍🏽

PXG 0811x Gen 4 9 degree driver

Exotic 3,4,5 hybrid

Sub70 699 6-AW for itons

Kirkland wedges 56 & 60

Scotty Cameron Studio 1.5 putter

Thanks for the review! Like you, I am not too concerned with the ball selection i play with, especially at my level of playing.   I still found them to scuff easy, despite not hitting anything other than a club with them.  Unfortunately,  I lost mine to water...

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just curious: will Titleist lest us know for sure what ball it was that we tested? The consensus seems to be that it’s a new AVX, but it would be cool to know for sure. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

1 hour ago, DukeStKing said:

Just curious: will Titleist lest us know for sure what ball it was that we tested? The consensus seems to be that it’s a new AVX, but it would be cool to know for sure. 

Hopefully next rollout we will see. Being as these were sent out as a test market item, it may never be released

Just a quick follow up. I was able to play two rounds with the test ball outside. I really liked it. It was definitely pretty low spin and long. Good launch window for me with driver, irons and wedges. It still had plenty of check around the greens for me too...actually more than I expected which left several chip/pitch shorts well short. 

8 hours ago, GolfSub70 said:

Just a quick follow up. I was able to play two rounds with the test ball outside. I really liked it. It was definitely pretty low spin and long. Good launch window for me with driver, irons and wedges. It still had plenty of check around the greens for me too...actually more than I expected which left several chip/pitch shorts well short. 

That's completely opposite of my experience,  and I appreciate those who were able to get the ball to work for them.  I'm a novice golfer, and maybe it's the lack of finesse that haunts me. Glad you enjoyed them!

It lives!!!  Thanks to a friend at the course, who knew i was testing these,  1 has been returned to me! From here on out, it shall be dubbed "The One" !

Apparently a member was ball fishing and brought it into the clubhouse to ask if they knew anything about the ball. Apparently he thought it was something that was going on behind the scenes. My friend saw it and immediately told him it was part of a super secret test and that he knew who it belongs to. I ran into him today and he handed it to me and told me the story.  We both laughed and I even offered to let him give it back.  I even mentioned if he found the other 2, he could keep em. He offered to tell them that there was a reward...lol.

So, I now have "the one" back, and will be using it in conjunction with the DB2 test.

17026792911338766437233962022096.jpg.41f244c789ebcda14cb15c6273f2c042.jpg

1 minute ago, Rob Person said:

It lives!!!  Thanks to a friend at the course, who knew i was testing these,  1 has been returned to me! From here on out, it shall be dubbed "The One" !

Apparently a member was ball fishing and brought it into the clubhouse to ask if they knew anything about the ball. Apparently he thought it was something that was going on behind the scenes. My friend saw it and immediately told him it was part of a super secret test and that he knew who it belongs to. I ran into him today and he handed it to me and told me the story.  We both laughed and I even offered to let him give it back.  I even mentioned if he found the other 2, he could keep em. He offered to tell them that there was a reward...lol.

So, I now have "the one" back, and will be using it in conjunction with the DB2 test.

That’s awesome!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

That is so cool!

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

That's awesome!  Also looks like a first shot with a new ball right into the water. Ha. 😁

Don't ask me how I know....

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

14 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Lol. That’s a great new feature. Returns to owner after pond diving.  Does it come with a remote?  You could sell a lot of these balls with that feature. Awesome story.  

1 hour ago, Cfhandyman said:

Lol. That’s a great new feature. Returns to owner after pond diving.  Does it come with a remote?  You could sell a lot of these balls with that feature. Awesome story.  

Perhaps it IS the new rollback ball... 😆 🤣 😂 

16 hours ago, Rob Person said:

That's cool.  I'm keeping one of mine for my ball collection.  I still have all three but one is getting close to shag bag duty.  I did have one run off the fairway and into the lake while I was testing, but I was able to fish it out with my wedge.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On 11/16/2023 at 4:49 PM, ArizonaLogan said:

I will post Launch Monitor numbers and a chop test here in the future.

I still plan on doing this, but currently I am waiting on a net (I hit a ball straight through my previous one). It's estimated to be delivered after Christmas.

Edited by ArizonaLogan

PXGLogo.jpg.0c92800daa172651d766b6819f37e9f9.jpg: 0311 Gen5 - Driver

:adams-small:: Tight Lies - 3W

I need an 18°-19° club.

url(1).jpg.d0326cc5029d710568433f5df6fe1efc.jpg: TS4 - 4-PW

url(1).jpg.d0326cc5029d710568433f5df6fe1efc.jpg: TSW - 50°, 54°,58°

:odyssey-small:: Toulon Design Austin - Putter

I went through my special ball collection and found a Titleist VG3.20231222_090720.jpg.86b0a1f58c4b1fc3e19ad82e7f033fb8.jpgIt look and plays surprisingly similar to the Titleist TEST ball. This is probably because the VG3 is supposed to be "low spin" ball, and in my full write up, I mentioned that the TEST ball had noticeably less spin on PW shots.

I'll probably add it to my launch monitor test once my replacement net gets here.

PXGLogo.jpg.0c92800daa172651d766b6819f37e9f9.jpg: 0311 Gen5 - Driver

:adams-small:: Tight Lies - 3W

I need an 18°-19° club.

url(1).jpg.d0326cc5029d710568433f5df6fe1efc.jpg: TS4 - 4-PW

url(1).jpg.d0326cc5029d710568433f5df6fe1efc.jpg: TSW - 50°, 54°,58°

:odyssey-small:: Toulon Design Austin - Putter

Finally managed to get a full round in with the test balls last weekend. Gotta say 2 things happened, the slice was more controlled, and I didn't lose the thing! Distances weren't really any different to my usual balls, balls went a bit further than my Volvik super softs, but it didn't go as far out from my aiming line. 

Chipping was good, roll out from bump 'n' run shots were about the same as my Volvik super softs.  

So overall, good ball to use, glad it lasted a while round without becoming a lake ornament 😂

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer