Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Golf Ball Are You Playing In 2024?

Just now, Phil W said:

Have been playing the Vice Pro Soft for about 5 years. Will switch to the Vice Pro this year as it is a little longer. In the pasdt the accuracy was about the same.

If you're into colored balls, the Pro seems to have some of the best options (and the most limited edition colors, when those are released) -- I typically go Pro Plus when buying Vice, but have bought a bunch of Pro because of the specific colors. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

I forgot I signed up to receive a sample of the new TaylorMade TP5 and TP5x. IMG_0714.jpeg.3a3cab64c309f6e0ee4ce4f124fdba23.jpeg

They arrived earlier this week and my first time using them in shoot 69. Coincidence? Perhaps, but these are definitely on my radar now. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

On 3/12/2024 at 3:24 PM, Phil W said:

Have been playing the Vice Pro Soft for about 5 years. Will switch to the Vice Pro this year as it is a little longer. In the pasdt the accuracy was about the same.

This is a timely switch since the Pro Soft is being discontinued 😕

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

For ‘24 I’m switching from the Maxfli tour x to the tour: I’ve been training with the Rypstick this offseason; and the x is spinning too much/ launching too low off the driver.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I jave a pretty slow speed, and easy tempo. Bridgestone Tour B RXS- for consecutive year number 6. I love those balls, they're great off the tee, great with hybrids and irons, and amazing for me around and on the green. Buying some extras now that the 2022's are under $37/dz.

Dr: :callaway-small: Epic Speed Max

3W: :cobra-small: LTDx

Hy: :mizuno-small: ST200x 23

Irons: :srixon-small: Z745; NS Pro 980GH

GW/SW: Edison 2.0 KBS 610 Wedge

LW: Edison 2.0 KBS Rev 2.0

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 8 w/ UST All-In

Ball: :bridgestone-small:Tour B RXS

Playing with Kirkland Signature Golf Balls has been a delight! Not only do they offer a fantastic feel off the club, but their spin on the greens adds an extra layer of excitement to each shot. And let's not forget the best part – the peace of mind knowing that if one goes astray or gets a little roughed up, it's not a major hit to the wallet. 😂. Happy swinging!

Sho~

3 minutes ago, Sho said:

Playing with Kirkland Signature Golf Balls has been a delight! Not only do they offer a fantastic feel off the club, but their spin on the greens adds an extra layer of excitement to each shot. And let's not forget the best part – the peace of mind knowing that if one goes astray or gets a little roughed up, it's not a major hit to the wallet. 😂. Happy swinging!

IMG_5304.jpeg

Sho~

Vice Pro Plus. I feel as if it’s the cheaper version of a ProV1x and I like the drip lime color as well.

Driver: Callaway Paradym X

5-Wood: Taylormade Burner

Irons: Paradym 4-AW

Wedges: 52 deg Cleveland RTX 588, 56 deg Vokey SM4

Putter: Nike OZ 5

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus Drip Lime

6 minutes ago, WalkerH said:

Vice Pro Plus. I feel as if it’s the cheaper version of a ProV1x and I like the drip lime color as well.

I love this golf ball as well. 

That said I may be making the switch to the Chrome Tour. It really did perform that well... 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I’m interested in this thread. I play taylormade TP5. I tried the AVX for a little while and really liked them. But I heard a lot of good things about the Taylormade tour response too

Driver - taylormade m3

3 wood- taylormade m1

hybrid - cobra flyz 

4-P - Titleist t100

wedges 50, 56, 60- Titleist Vokey SM7(50), Callaway MD4(56), Vokey (60)

putter

After years of playing ProV1x getting a discount as a TPI expert. This is the year is switch it up and test out the Maxfli Tour X! Even with my Titleist discount, the Maxfli 4 dozen box from Dick's is TOO GOOD of value. Reviews have been great, and garage launch monitor testing has been solid thus far. Next week...the great outdoors in Northeast PA! 

TPI Certified Physio

TSR2 Driver, Sub70 949X 3W, Sub70 659 TC/CB irons, 56deg Sub70 TAIII, 60deg Cleveland RTX4 

I play the Vice Pro Plus as my standard gamer ball, but when I play par 3s or even sometimes the par 4s then i usually play a kirkland signature. This i just due to the fact that on the 3s and 4s i play alot of wedges and have found myself ruining the balls with the wedge bite. Found playing a full 60deg wedge just tears the ball apart. So simply being cheap. 
I keep TP5x or ProV1x when im playing the better courses but afraid to lose them so they usually just sit in the golf stand 

Edited by PrismFlopper

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

40 minutes ago, WalkerH said:

Always have loved playing the blue and and reddish and for some reason I dont run into alot of Vice Pros on the course so i always know whats mine. We played a game on st pattys day and we all had to use the golds and it was shockingly hard to find them. 

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I love this golf ball as well. 

That said I may be making the switch to the Chrome Tour. It really did perform that well... 

I was fitted for the Chrome Tour.  Still recovering from the sticker shock compared to the bargain basement Kirklands.
I will buy and try the Chrome Tours while avoiding any courses with water.

200.webp?cid=790b76110lr44kod59mlc3sgo3e

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

I’m a sucker for the pix pattern and always seem to play well with TP5 balls so have decided to switch from ZStar to TP5x Pix this year. The pix really suits my eye putting and no one else I normally play with plays them so it keeps me unique. 

:ping-small: G400 Max, 9°, hzrdus smoke black

:ping-small: G425 Max 5W, Stock Stiff

:ping-small: G425 4H, Stock Stiff

:taylormade-small: M4 5H, Stock Stiff

:ping-small: i210 5-PW, Blue Dot, Stock Stiff

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°, 54°, 60°

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Kushin C

:taylormade-small: TP5x Pix

:Arccos: Sensors

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor

As always the Maxfli tour x and when I’m scrambling or just not on that day I’m trying the snell mtb prime.

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

Looks like I will be playing these since I stumbled on them with a 2 for $70 deal at an expo today. Pretty sure they got put out with the 21 models for that deal on accident as they were kind of off to the side behind the others on the table. IMG_2736.jpeg.956c4dc8a0d575f273bcd9a8e22e3a50.jpeg

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

I played Super Soft then Chrome Soft in 2023. I’ve played the new TP5, but looking forwarding to trying some Vice balls. Thinking of buying a variety pack.

Edited by jbubski
  • Driver - Stealth 2 (10.5°)
  • 4-PW - P790 2023
  • 50°, 56° - Vokey SM9
  • Putter - TP Hydro Blast Soto

I decided to play the Vice Pro Plus based on MyGolfSpy's review for high performing budget golf balls. I played 45 holes last weekend in St George, Utah and felt like the balls exceeded my expectations - especially when almost driving the green at the beautiful par 4 13th at Sand Hollow Golf Resort. I am looking forward to improving with Vice Pro Pluses this year! 

Ping G430, Taylormade BRNR Mini Driver, Srixon Utility 3-iron, Srixon ZX5 MKII, Cleveland RTX wedges, and TaylorMade Spider Tour Putter

In my bag right now is a mix of Titleist ProV1s, TruFeels, Callaway Supersofts, and Kirkland Gen2s. Depending on where I'm playing, and how well I'm hitting, dictates what I might use on the course or even hole to hole.

"Golf is a game in which you yell fore, shoot six, and write down five." -Paul Harvey

Left dash ProV1x for me. I tend to play with a LOT of spin, so need the reduction off the driver.

No downside is, I still back up irons on the greens with them as well. Lots of hold for me.

They really motor in the summer, where our temps get into the 40's *C 

Some heat softens them up a little. Leave one sitting in the sun for 20 mins before you get to the Long drive hole on men's night 😅

Bought two boxes of the new Chrome Tour. Tired a sleeve, all 3 scuffed beyond use almost after holes. I'll be giving them away with a club build etc lol

we got a pool and a pond... the pond would be good for you

Just started playing with the maxfli tour last week, seeing solid results so far. Feels good off the driver face, good penetrating ball flight, sticks well to the greens (when I hit them right). Overall pretty pleased with the ball and the price point!

Sim 2 irons, paradym driver 5wood and 3 hybrid.

So I usually play the Vice Pro Plus or the Tour B RX, but I've been testing a couple different options out since Walmart had some clearance stuff last month. I picked up a box of Taylormade soft response, and tour response. Also snagged a previous year box of Tour B RXS to try and see if they really are different than thr RX. 

I fall into the mid swing speed category, and I can truly say the soft and Tour response perform really well. So much that on pretty much identical drives yesterday both a soft response and RXS went 289yds. If I have time and nobody behind me, the 17th hole of my home course usually plays 400yds and is a perfect test hole for various balls. I'll hit 4 or 5, sometimes more just to get results. I have found the left dash ProV1x and regular RB fly furthest. 

I really like the Maxfli tour also, so I'll keep those in rotation with the RB as th RB is what I'm fitted into.

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0

Bridgestone BXS, they aren’t the longest ball out there but love the short game spin off the wedges and the perfect spin to work the ball with my irons .

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

This week I will be playing these little devils...

Who knows next week...😆 

20240328_162900.jpg.9e39979205717e92816453632dce399f.jpg

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I can’t remember where I read it, but playing the same ball was found to garner better results for the year. If you aren’t going to play the same, use ones that are similar in their makeup. This will help keep spin and flight close to what you are playing that year to not mess you up. But again, I’m not sure where I read this at 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4