Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Is On Your Golfing Bucket List?

GolfSpy_APH

My wife keeps sending me these golf trips that come up on her instagram and there is one thing I truly really want to do before I end my days as a golfer. Outside of some of the obvious ones like play the old course etc. 

I want to go night golfing! True night golfing, with the lights and see those incredible ball flights. 

My list is much much longer, but night golfing is likely higher on the list than it should be!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

My wife keeps sending me these golf trips that come up on her instagram and there is one thing I truly really want to do before I end my days as a golfer. Outside of some of the obvious ones like play the old course etc. 

I want to go night golfing! True night golfing, with the lights and see those incredible ball flights. 

My list is much much longer, but night golfing is likely higher on the list than it should be!

Night time golf: You could also try golf around the arctic circle like Norway or Alaska without lights which I think would be cool too.

In the Middle East golf under the lights is pretty common given the daylight heat, so I think Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Doha are great places to try this.  The courses are pretty nice too.  It’s a bit weird since your views are not that clear under the lights and putting can still be a challenge with shadows, etc.  

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

I would like to try playing golf in Australia and NZ.  Sounds like it’s an ideal way to spend the Winter as opposed to being here in the cold in Canada!

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

I have played the Old Course on a buddies trip to Scotland. I have been fortunate enough to have played many great courses. Many were in various places in the world while I was in the military. However, I have never played Pebble Beach or Pinehurst. So, definitely those two. However, I really would like to play golf in Ireland and South Africa! 

Play like a champion today!

4 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

I would like to try playing golf in Australia and NZ.  Sounds like it’s an ideal way to spend the Winter as opposed to being here in the cold in Canada!

I spent three years on exchange duty in Australia, while in the military. Loved every minute! I was able to play some great courses. Also, ran the Australian and New Zealand Ironman races. Loved my time down under!!

Play like a champion today!

37 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

I'd also love to play golf in Australia (and maybe New Zealand, too); it's just the horribly long flights to get there and back that would be painful for me for many reasons, not the least of which have to do with hip and back issues and prostate conditions that, although supposedly at least somewhat addressed via surgery, still cause issues on long flights. It's bad enough for me flying from the East Coast (PHL or NYC) to Ireland, England and Scotland, so I'm sure that flying to Australia and/or New Zealand would be ultra-annoying.

When I was younger, before all of the above issues developed, I was fine on flights that were 10-15 hours in duration, and flew across both major oceans several times to Continental Europe (mostly France, Germany and Hungary) and Asia. However, my tolerance for being cooped-up in an airplane for more than 8 hours has become almost non-existent.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Bandon is a bucket list golfing adventure that is planned for 2026.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

13 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

My local golf course had a night tournament a couple years ago using glowing golf balls. I didn't play golf at that time so I'm not sure how they lighted up the greens or the fairways but the guys that I talked to that played in it had a blast.

As far as my bucket list goes is to just break 80 at the moment. I need to learn to walk before I take off running.

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

I have a huge bucklist. Ive only been golfing 5 years so alot to accomplish still. Lol Night golf in Dubai is a big one for me. Golfing in Alaska would be another being able to get 4 rounds in a day there because of the constant daylight if you go at the right time. My biggest thought is a big trip england,ireland and scotland. We have alot of good golf here in cincinnati Ohio aswell and im lucky enough to play some nice courses around here. Stonelick hills, majestic springs, the oasis, the firestone south course is pricey but really cool. I was lucky enough to play Murfield village and the Camargo club. Havent played ohio state university course yet but its on my list.

I would have to go back to Australia to visit these guys. 
image.jpeg.b6bb206fd6b67db33bdf83f190eb04f1.jpeg

Naturally, I would then have to travel to New Zealand to explore the scenic wonders of that country. 
image.jpeg.7c156b068edaed639f55a2b8d85d16fd.jpeg
Or maybe travel to South Africa and go on Safari.  Too many good and unique choices.  

image.jpeg.18ef6560db1099bd3443ff41687437fe.jpeg

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

Fun post! A lot of great bucket lists. I personally have been fortunate to have traveled the world, but I have never been to Scotland or played golf in Ireland. Rumor has it there are some pretty nice courses in both! We are hoping to do two weeks in 2025.

WITB:

Snell or Prov1 balls

Callaway driver

Tour Edge Exotics Irons/hybrids

Scotty Cameron putter

ANY TPC COURSE....SAWGRASS FIRST WOULD BE NICE.

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)

Sadly, my bucket list has been rather stagnant for the last few years.  It largely remains:

St. Andrews, Pebble Beach, Oakmont, Bandon, Pinehurst.

My wife has now acquired the European river cruise bug and doesn't play so I suspect that my golf bucket list will die with me.  

Driver; Callaway RAZR Fit

Fairway and hybrids: Callaway X2 Pro

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

In about two weeks I'll be playing Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill (my wife was the primary planner for this), so there's another course off the list.  I've been to Ireland and Scotland a few times, but I've never been to Northern Ireland, so Royal County Down is a dream.  And I'd love to get back to Royal Dornoch, still the favorites of all the courses I've played.  I think Spain and/or Portugal are on our radar too.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1. After retirement, spend time on the course with my grandchildren, teaching them the finer points of the short game.  

2. Lower handicap to <7.4 and Compete in the California Senior Amateur Championship qualifier.

3. Play St. Andrews, Pebble Beach, and Augusta with my sons.   Any one of these would be a dream come true, but playing Augusta would be spectacular.

Edited by Pblewett
grammar

For the same basic reasons, I don't get serious about resolutions. I really don't have any real bucket list places to golf cause I know I'll never get to any. Wherever I'm golfing at this moment is a cool place to golf. I've golfed on some real cow pastures that you might say, this is what golf was like 100 years ago. And I'm OK with that. Each had some challenges but I always found things to enjoy about it.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

5 hours ago, Pblewett said:

1. After retirement, spend time on the course with my grandchildren, teaching them the finer points of the short game.  

2. Lower handicap to <7.4 and Compete in the California Senior Amateur Championship qualifier.

3. Play St. Andrews, Pebble Beach, and Augusta with my sons.   Any one of these would be a dream come true, but playing Augusta would be spectacular.

Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy the topics. Totally love your first point. 

Prayers being said for all the folks in CA with all the heavy rains. Hope you and family are all safe.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Bandon is a bucket list golfing adventure that is planned for 2026.

We're going to hold you to that. Looking forward to the reading the after-action report on it. 

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

11 hours ago, P Mitch said:

I like most would love to play the Old course.  but living in Indiana, I have not yet been able to play the Brickyard. Pebble Beach would be a bucket list as well.

Some how missed your previous postings. Welcome to the forums @P Mitch.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

On 2/4/2024 at 4:07 PM, KC Golf said:

Night time golf: You could also try golf around the arctic circle like Norway or Alaska without lights which I think would be cool too.

@KC Golf I did that. Midnight golf June 21 at Fort Wainwright in Fairbanks. I lost just as many balls in the Chena River at midnight as I did at 9AM. Also discovered mosquitos bite just as hard at midnight as they do at mid day.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

I wish the PGA Tour Partners Club was still in operation!

It gave an amazing opportunity to play great courses throughout the country under a two day tournament format for many flights. We played TPC courses in Phoenix, Las Vegas, Scottsdale, Sawgrass, Pinehurst as well as a couple other exclusive courses. All in a manageable golf vacation budget with camaraderie and competition.

I’ve been fortunate to have played Pebble, The Brickyard (was a member for three years) , Kings North, The Heritage and many, many Pete Dye and Robert Trent Jones courses, but nothing compared to the TPC events and the courses we experienced.

Whistling Straights is a “doable” wish list course and The Old Course is the Holy Grail for me.

Maybe it’ll happen before I expire. I can only hope!

Edited by Motoboss

“Adventure Before Dementia “

PING G425 4-UW/SW Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex / ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5* / 3W 14*/ 5W 17.5* / 3hyb. 19* / 9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD 4J Prototype / 1968 Anser / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone RX - TreoSoft

Of course I would love to play them all but on my short list they are:

1) Banff Springs-This one I will be playing in the near future. Family has a camper and this will be one in the next few years we will be doing a trip up to and playing when the kids are a little bit older. The views for me are just next level, I don't even care if the golf was bad.

2) Sawgrass, because its Sawgrass

I am not sure how many courses I would actually be able to get onto on a typical bucket list which is why I only have the two. If opportunities arise great but it will mostly be North or South America. I do not have much interested traveling overseas, been over there enough and the link style courses do not interest me to much 🤣

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Of course I would love to play them all but on my short list they are:

1) Banff Springs-This one I will be playing in the near future. Family has a camper and this will be one in the next few years we will be doing a trip up to and playing when the kids are a little bit older. The views for me are just next level, I don't even care if the golf was bad.

2) Sawgrass, because its Sawgrass

I am not sure how many courses I would actually be able to get onto on a typical bucket list which is why I only have the two. If opportunities arise great but it will mostly be North or South America. I do not have much interested traveling overseas, been over there enough and the link style courses do not interest me to much 🤣

Banff is great.  You will love it.  I would also try Kananaskis and Jasper if you are headed this way… the golf and the views are nice as well…  just let me know and I can definitely help you…  lots of options out here…

This one.  Because, well...it's golf and .... well it is in Hawaii (Maui)

https://www.fourseasons.com/lanai/golf/ScreenShot2024-02-14at2_01_51PM.png.1efee5e589ad6a334df775369958ea04.png

Edited by Subdiver1
Add screenshot
  • Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

• 3 weeks later...

My list is to play at least 9 holes in each of the 50 states.  I am up to 19 states.  I retired 1 1/2 years ago and need to get busy playing.  Hoping to get in at least 10 states this year.  Of course Alaska and Hawaii will be the hardest 2 to get.

Woods:  :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S  

Irons: :Takomo: Takomo IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER1.2, 355g, :kbs: Tour GPS, 33" w/
image.png.709cedef1b6b981263b7fb0d3abefd71.png Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 Stand Bag / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized