TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow the testers main post via the links below!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS
@Jmikecpa - Main Testing Post
@GolfSpy_BEN - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Standard
 @IndyBonzo - Main Testing Post
@EMacK1961 - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Max 10K
@Hook DeLoft - Main Testing Post
@Michael.Sandoval33 - Main Testing Post

Hi all, testing wrapped up on the autoFlex SF405x Dream 7 and posted. I’ve switched back to the C6 Blue 60S shaft for my Qi10Max head , but the gains over the stock Tensei shaft were mind-boggling!  Haven’t been able to play all week, but hoping to get back out there early next week.

JD

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) 

Fairway Woods: NEW Cobra LTDx King 3 & 5 FW (Project-X Hzrdus iM10 Smoke Green 60g 5.5R)

Irons: TaylorMade Qi 6-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0 Mallet

Grips: GolfPride CP2 Wrap Jumbo

New Gamer Ball: 2024 Bridgestone Tour B RX 

Really nice review on that shaft - Jean D - thanks / I have the Siri flex SF 505 that I gamed for a year in a Ping G410 - I also have an extra TMag adapter so as considering it as an attempt to salvage the Qi10 head that Taylor Made sent me to replace my damaged Stealth 2. In the interim though I’ve appealed to them and they are sending me a stealth 2 head.  Yeah!!!

However I wanted you to know that your review would have convinced me not to waste the time with the auto flex. My results with it and the Ping were very similar to yours wirse on the dispersion actually - at least you ere right for the most part I was half left, half right with my issues. 

I know there’s some controversy or disagreement relative to the importance of shaft verses head as to which is most important. I think that argument while fun, misses the point. Both matter, both can mess things up or work in concert with a particular players swing to produce the best possible results based on that players needs. This test and test group has done a great job of demonstrating that. And before someone chimes in grip has a part in it too. Smaller but a part never the less. 🙂

In some ways I wish Taylor Made had said “tough luck, we replaced your head, live with what we sent you.” I’d have gone for a fitting and I suspect this Qi10 would be great in the right shaft for me. It looks beautiful - great job here testers, thank you. 

Driver: Taylor Made Xi10 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

As I am getting more comfortable with my swing, I adjusted the loft down to approximately 9.5° today at the range and was getting good, penetrating drives down the line. Not sure about the yardage as there are no distance markers but I'm guessing nearly the same as when the Max is lofted upwards, just with different trajectory. It's been really blazing out here so I haven't taken the driver out on the course in a couple weeks but with my tee time next week, I am expecting really good results as it continues to perform exactly as I like it to. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :odin:

Morning all !  Practiced at the driving range yesterday… and the Tensei AV Limited Blue 65R just came alive for me with the Qi10Max head.  Not sure what happened, but I was hitting controlled, well-grouped shots with a high percentage in the fairway.  Maybe my autoFlex SF405x experience has helped me stop trying to go for absolute distance and focus on precision instead…?

Screenshot_20240615_074358_MLM2PRO 1.jpg

Fairway Woods: NEW Cobra LTDx King 3 & 5 FW (Project-X Hzrdus iM10 Smoke Green 60g 5.5R)

2 hours ago, Jean D said:

Morning all !  Practiced at the driving range yesterday… and the Tensei AV Limited Blue 65R just came alive for me with the Qi10Max head.  Not sure what happened, but I was hitting controlled, well-grouped shots with a high percentage in the fairway.  Maybe my autoFlex SF405x experience has helped me stop trying to go for absolute distance and focus on precision instead…?

Screenshot_20240615_074358_MLM2PRO 1.jpg

That's what I was going to ask since you returned to a more "normal" shaft. Do you feel like you now have more control after having used the Autoflex and adjusting to that? 

WITB

12 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

That's what I was going to ask since you returned to a more "normal" shaft. Do you feel like you now have more control after having used the Autoflex and adjusting to that? 

I'm not sure if I necessarily have more control, but I certainly have a better feel for where the club is loading and where the head is coming on my downswing.  With the autoFlex, it never felt natural to me, even after 737 drives with it- but @KC Golf and @chisag are both absolutely rocking theirs and have posted some fantastic numbers. That’s why there are so many shaft and head offerings: what works for one may not work for another.  I’ve since passed the SF405x on to @Rearviewmirror for further testing and to see if it works for him.  Looking forward to seeing his results!

At the moment, I am going between the Qi10Max and Qi10 LS…but would actually love to get my hands on a Qi10 standard to compare all 3 with my very unorthodox swing 🙂

Jean

30 minutes ago, Jean D said:

I'm not sure if I necessarily have more control, but I certainly have a better feel for where the club is loading and where the head is coming on my downswing.  With the autoFlex, it never felt natural to me, even after 737 drives with it- but @KC Golf and @chisag are both absolutely rocking theirs and have posted some fantastic numbers. That’s why there are so many shaft and head offerings: what works for one may not work for another.  I’ve since passed the SF405x on to @Rearviewmirror for further testing and to see if it works for him.  Looking forward to seeing his results!

At the moment, I am going between the Qi10Max and Qi10 LS…but would actually love to get my hands on a Qi10 standard to compare all 3 with my very unorthodox swing 🙂

Jean

Very true on all fronts Jean. I am seeing really good results with the lite flex Accra which I was not really expecting as well. 

Also, I have pondered the thought of trying out the standard head. They are not awful on the pricing for user heads if you can find the right trustworthy seller. 

WITB

1 hour ago, Jean D said:

I'm not sure if I necessarily have more control, but I certainly have a better feel for where the club is loading and where the head is coming on my downswing.  With the autoFlex, it never felt natural to me, even after 737 drives with it- but @KC Golf and @chisag are both absolutely rocking theirs and have posted some fantastic numbers. That’s why there are so many shaft and head offerings: what works for one may not work for another.

... I let my 82 yr old pard play my autoFlex for 18 holes and he regretted leaving his shaft in the car. It should not have been a big leap as I put a NVS 45 A-flex shaft in his driver and he has killing it for 6 months now. For his age he is crazy long at around 185-200 and sometimes even a little longer but more impressive is he rarely misses a fairway. But he was all over the place with the AF hitting it high and low, missing both left and right (a very rare miss for him) and here is his quote "I think I hit one good shot in about 20 tries.  The best part of the shaft was how happy I was to get back to mine." He took a few mulligans with little success. 

... I honestly thought he would hit it either better than his NVS or at least similar. I didn't expect him to hit it so poorly. Your quote is spot on "That’s why there are so many shaft and head offerings: what works for one may not work for another." You just never know how the synergy of a shaft and head will work together for your swing, even if it looks great on paper. 

... Adding my own experience I was fit for a Qi10 Max and really disliked it from the first to the last and every swing between. Starting with the over sized bulbous shape I never hit it well one round on the course and after giving it 10 rounds to be sure, I exchanged it for the standard Qi10 and for me, it was almost magical with the very first swing. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Big thanks to @GolfSpy_BEN for sending it over... I tossed a shaft in and will be hitting at least a bucket of balls tomorrow to see how it performs for me! 

... Gonna be interesting to hear your opinions. To be honest, I am not expecting much as it seems to fit those with an index of 5.9 or lower so it might be too much driver for you. 

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Gonna be interesting to hear your opinions. To be honest, I am not expecting much as it seems to fit those with an index of 5.9 or lower so it might be too much driver for you. 

Driving is definitely a strength for Bryan so I could see this being a good fit.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Unfortunate to hear that @GolfSpy_BEN won't be along for the rest of the journey. You have been great and very insightful here. But on the flip side, welcome @GolfSpy BOS!! I look forward to following you along on your journey from here. 

WITB

22 minutes ago, chisag said:

I see what you did there.... 😂

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Driving is definitely a strength for Bryan so I could see this being a good fit.

46 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I see what you did there.... 😂

... Thanks Josh, seems a few have missed the jest. 

Edited by chisag

1 hour ago, chisag said:

IMG_0691.jpeg

Phew!! I have to update my profile, just made it!

Now, if you had said “taller than 5’9” Rory and I might have a few issues with the driver. 🤣

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Big thanks to @GolfSpy_BEN for sending it over... I tossed a shaft in and will be hitting at least a bucket of balls tomorrow to see how it performs for me! 

What shaft are you using in the Qi @GolfSpy BOS?

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

51 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

What shaft are you using in the Qi @GolfSpy BOS?

I’ll be starting with the Terra Forza White since I still have the demo, and can do some direct comparisons to my epic max LS. Then I’ll go from there, could be a TR Red, MotoreX F3, or I might just have to go shaft shopping 🤣

no one needs to bring up @GolfSpy_APH’s Autoflex Dream 7. Ok? Please, no one mention that one too. 😬

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

After watching @GolfSpy BOS at RNK, I agree that driving is a strength…it was quite impressive to watch!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

I’ll be starting with the Terra Forza White since I still have the demo, and can do some direct comparisons to my epic max LS. Then I’ll go from there, could be a TR Red, MotoreX F3, or I might just have to go shaft shopping 🤣

no one needs to bring up @GolfSpy_APH’s Autoflex Dream 7. Ok? Please, no one mention that one too. 😬

I thought you might use the Terra Forza.

Are you talking about the whip that @GolfSpy_APH was swinging?  

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

27 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

After watching @GolfSpy BOS at RNK, I agree that driving is a strength…it was quite impressive to watch!

You saw the best day down there, that’s for sure! The last day wasn’t bad either… a lot in the middle was forgettable. Haha

1 hour ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

You won't do it.......

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

20 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Now that I have had a decent period of golf with no further equipment malfunctions, I can confidently say that that, while nice, the QI-10 family of drivers is not for me. With that in mind, I have shipped the head to @GolfSpy BOS and he will be adding his findings to the thread. 

@GolfSpy_BEN was there a huge performance drop off with the Q10? I know in the past with some Taylormade drivers for me was more about feel and ball clubface interactions that had turned me away. Also my old driver was equal to if not just a little better than the TM drivers that I felt I don't need to spend $500 for a new driver if I'm getting the same performance from my current driver.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, buckpillar said:

@GolfSpy_BEN was there a huge performance drop off with the Q10? I know in the past with some Taylormade drivers for me was more about feel and ball clubface interactions that had turned me away. Also my old driver was equal to if not just a little better than the TM drivers that I felt I don't need to spend $500 for a new driver if I'm getting the same performance from my current driver.

Beyond 2 of the heads cracking, the numbers I saw from the Qi-10 and the LS were no better than what I was averaging with the Paradym TD that I was gaming prior to the test. I also found the TD to be a touch more forgiving. I had some really great drives with the QI-10, as well as some really bad ones. So the decision to send it on to someone, who may see better results with it than I did, was an easy one for me. 

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k ping 2.0 65s

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 Kai Li White 70x

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-7i:  :titleist-small: T200 recoil 110 s

7i-PW: :titleist-small: T150 recoil 110 s

52°, 56° & 60°: Kirkland V2 

P:   :EVNROLL: ER2 

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

While my autoFlex SF405x testing is done and I’ve sent the shaft to @Rearviewmirror for him to have a go, I’ve done a bit of a change when it comes to my drivers (Qi10Max gamer and Qi10 LS).  I was at my local retailer (GolfTown Kanata) and was waiting on some regrips when I started playing with the Cobra LTDx (2022) on the Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Shaft 60 6.0 (R) flex.  Not bleeding edge or as eye-watering priced as the 2024 crop of drivers, but holy heck I am loving this combination! My lateral dispersion is tighter by about 20yds and my carry dispersion was tighter by about 10 yds. My biggest take-aways are that my FIW percentage has jumped to 74% over the Qi10 Max w/SF405x combo (47%) while my average carry distance has stayed roughly the same (232yds). Straighter and playable works for me! It was on sale at a very reasonable price… and I *may* have picked one up to play with over the rest of the season.  I also picked up their LTDx 3 Fairway wood on the same shaft…  🙂 

Edited by Jean D

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there following this test!

I was excited to get on the range today and hit some balls with my middle child.  We ended up having a putting competition on the practice green after and had a nice time together.

IMG_0731.jpeg

But, that's not why you're reading... you came here for this:

IMG_0729.jpeg

So how'd it go?  In a way, @chisag was right... this is a whollllle lot of driver. 😉 If I were to sum it up in a meme...

image.png

First we have the incumbent's numbers.  My epic Max LS,  most shots with the Terra Forza White.IMG_0018.jpeg

Very representative numbers for me.  This was after warming up (and my iPad apparently warmed up too much too and shut down in the sunlight.  Thankfully I was able to switch to my phone to run the Rapsodo MLM2PRO and left my phone in the shade.

263 Carry and 105.6 swing speed is awesome for me.  Just a range session before I hit high marks of 106.2 and 158.8MPH ball speed, both the highest I recall seeing on Rapsodo before, so the Qi10 has work to do.

IMG_0017.png

And the Qi10... Very impressive numbers.  This was also with a Terra Forza White shaft, and it felt right at home.  The Qi10 is a 9* head and I actually had to loft it down .75* and use the upright setting.  I'm really liking the shape (it reminds me of the M5 that I loved) and the feel is great too.  But WOW, I've never hit 110mph on Rapsodo before and while not in this data set, I did hit 159.9MPH ball speed before the iPad overheated! I even switched back between the Callaway and Taylormade and I seemed to be getting a few MPH more out of the Qi10, which I was not expecting at all.  

I'm really excited to get this on the course and see if some of the results carry over as deep as some of my balls on the range today!

I didn't think I would be saying this so soon, but it's already the Qi10's spot to lose in the bag... the bomb-pop head cover is going on and this Qi10 driver is going right in the bag baby!

IMG_0734.jpeg

45 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there following this test!

I was excited to get on the range today and hit some balls with my middle child.  We ended up having a putting competition on the practice green after and had a nice time together.

IMG_0731.jpeg

But, that's not why you're reading... you came here for this:

IMG_0729.jpeg

So how'd it go?  In a way, @chisag was right... this is a whollllle lot of driver. 😉 If I were to sum it up in a meme...

image.png

First we have the incumbent's numbers.  My epic Max LS,  most shots with the Terra Forza White.IMG_0018.jpeg

Very representative numbers for me.  This was after warming up (and my iPad apparently warmed up too much too and shut down in the sunlight.  Thankfully I was able to switch to my phone to run the Rapsodo MLM2PRO and left my phone in the shade.

263 Carry and 105.6 swing speed is awesome for me.  Just a range session before I hit high marks of 106.2 and 158.8MPH ball speed, both the highest I recall seeing on Rapsodo before, so the Qi10 has work to do.

IMG_0017.png

And the Qi10... Very impressive numbers.  This was also with a Terra Forza White shaft, and it felt right at home.  The Qi10 is a 9* head and I actually had to loft it down .75* and use the upright setting.  I'm really liking the shape (it reminds me of the M5 that I loved) and the feel is great too.  But WOW, I've never hit 110mph on Rapsodo before and while not in this data set, I did hit 159.9MPH ball speed before the iPad overheated! I even switched back between the Callaway and Taylormade and I seemed to be getting a few MPH more out of the Qi10, which I was not expecting at all.  

I'm really excited to get this on the course and see if some of the results carry over as deep as some of my balls on the range today!

I didn't think I would be saying this so soon, but it's already the Qi10's spot to lose in the bag... the bomb-pop head cover is going on and this Qi10 driver is going right in the bag baby!

IMG_0734.jpeg

Got some good numbers wow 105 club speed... I remember those days😮‍💨

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Got some more reps in with the Qi10 this morning. Hand speed is improving slowly... but it's getting there. Still much to be worked on in my driver swing as a whole, but the Qi10 Max makes it feel so easy.

https://youtube.com/shorts/aBC3hopwrLA?si=JnSZ4uH-I6Ie_W71

Just a quick short of one of my swings today.

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33

WITB