Testers Wanted: Sun Mountain Stand Bag and Travel Bag ×

TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow the testers main post via the links below!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS
@Jmikecpa - Main Testing Post
@GolfSpy_BEN - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Standard
 @IndyBonzo - Main Testing Post
@EMacK1961 - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Max 10K
@Hook DeLoft - Main Testing Post
@Michael.Sandoval33 - Main Testing Post

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

It definitely happens. You just don't expect it to happen with a brand new club not once, but twice, in a span of a few months. Like @russtopherb mentioned, it seems to be a lot of TM heads that you see cracking (I have seen some photos of heads cracked exactly like @GolfSpy_BEN's), face inserts separating from the head, etc. This certainly could be that they do sell a ton of drivers, so you're more likely to see faults, but it seems that once they moved to Stealth it became more frequent vs. before the move to carbonwood. 

It's not to say TM is making junk. They certainly make fantastic equipment. It's enough, however, to turn me off of the brand for drivers for an extended amount of time.

I have heard extreme temp can cause additional head stress that can lead to failures.  But the back of the club breaks seem strange to me.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Talking to some club builders at retail stores as well, you are pretty much on point. They don't see failures with TM composite heads anymore than other OEM's. There are just more of them out there. Combined with a failure rate that is a little higher with uber swing speeds and some like to take shots at the graphite face and it produces a perfect social media storm. Granted I am only a 95ish swing speed but never had a problem with my Stealth2 or Qi10. Ben's issues are a real head scratcher and I have to assume there is a reason for two heads cracking in the same spot, I just don't know what it could be. 🤔  Such a bummer because as I have stated, the Qi10 is the best driver I have ever played. Ymmv of course.  

Correct-O-Mundo, Sam!  I actually see many more failures in Callaway's composite clubheads than I do in TM's composite club faces.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Fantastic job all! Keep the data coming for those who chose to keep these in the bag!

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Cobra LTDx 3 wood 14* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Haywood CB/MB combo set (4-7 CB; 8-PW MB) | Edison 2.0 wedges 53*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

I have a Qi10 LS coming for my continuing testing and review of the Autoflex Dream 7 SF405x shaft... my Qi10Max has been solid since I bought it, but finding the AF shaft to be very high spin- even on my 2024 TM TP5x gamer balls. What limited drives I've had on the LS, the numbers are promising! Downside, it won't arrive until next Wednesday according to FedEx 😞 

Here are my numbers from last night's range session... dropped the loft down to 8 degrees (from my normal 10.5) and it has helped reduced my pronounced slice! 🙂 

Average Carry: 212.5 yds/ 194m

Average Total: 232 yds/ 210m

Average Club speed: 99.2 mph/ 159km/h

Average Ball speed: 140mph / 225km/h

RawData.JPG.02e51b1a50fa54baede544d415b2abc8.JPG

JD

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) chosen as one of the lucky testers of the Autoflex Dream 7 shaft!!!

Hybrids: Taylomade Qi10 3 & 4 Rescue (Ventus TR  HB Blue 6R)

Irons: Taylormade Qi 5-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0

New Gamer Ball: Taylormade 2024  TP5x 

Had a great outing today with the Qi10 Max and the Accra FX100 M1 Shaft which is shortened to 44.5". Hit 11/14 fairways and felt great about where the ball was contacting off of the face. Being as the shaft has a Lite Flex, I was seeing a bit further carry distance on shots where I remembered to pause a bit in my back swing before "Otto-Phlexing" into the down swing. Overall a good day for the Max after a terrible showing last week. 

IMG20240516125359.jpg.2d2181d7b5feb77fa610dbc48a4ce8f1.jpg

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

On 2/12/2024 at 1:06 AM, Jmikecpa said:

Intro and About Me

First off thanks to MGS for this great opportunity to test one of the hottest product launches of 2024.  I have been a member of the site for a lot of years and have done several tests for products over the years and it is nice to be back after being quiet on the site for a few years.  So a little about me…  I am 47 and for the first time in close to 10 years I actually live at home with my wife of 23 years and my three children.  My wife and I met at 19 and well she somehow hung onto me for going on close to 28 years….yes she is a saint and supports my golf addiction.  I have a soon to be 18 year old son that is a senior in high school and will be heading to Johnson and Wales in the fall. A 15 year old daughter that is a freshman in high school and just taking the game of golf back up so she can play in high school. Last but not least 12 year old daughter that turns 13 next week and is the reason I have a gray beard and drink.  We also have a five year old St. Bernard named Sebastian that came to live with us after my best friend passed away.

I needed to adjust my expectations and when I looked back at the positive it far outweighed the negative once I looked at it objectively.  I am not sure if I was expecting to be blown away

Thanks for the review, bud!  Sounds like you almost did get blown away.  Thanks for sticking it out and providing the info!

-XY
BALL:  Titleist ProV1X
WOODS: Taylormade Stealth2 +, Callaway Epic Flash 3-wood
4- HYBRID: Stealth 2, stiff
IRONS: Ping i525, 6 - W, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
WEDGES: Titleist SM9 52, 56, 60
PUTTER: L.A.B Mezz Max Broomstick
BAG: Ping Pioneer 
CART: MGI electric

Have not provided and update in a bit so thought I would drop in.  The Qi10 is still firmly in the bag and slowly becoming a steady performer in the bag.  Most of the issues that I still have are in my head as this driver is just different that what I had been playing which is both good and bad.  The good is that it is consistent and I know what I am going to get with every tee ball.  The bad is just simply that it is different that what I had been playing and need to make adjustments but I am just stubborn and stuck in my ways.  The biggest adjustment that I made was adding the mini driver to the bag and that has become my go to club off the tee for a draw when needed.  Overall enjoying the driver and the results speak for themselves.  Side note, I am about 15 rounds into my season and still have not had one penalty shot off the tee which says something about how consistent this driver performs.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow HC 76g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I do have a question for the group. This head definitely performs differently from the Stealth 2 that I had. Since it fades more for me, I cranked it up one which should straighten out the ball flight. It did on the range. I was concerned that it would increase spin but it did not - it did increase my launch and overall distance though.

I have the plain old Qi10 with a white Diamana R flex at 44.25”.

Did the standard or ls testers try monkeying with the loft?  If so what were your results?  

thanks 

Edited by revkev

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Just an update.  I had thought of trying an "Otto Phlex" shaft in the Qi 10 Max but have been having really good results with a regular flex Kuro Kage shaft I had lying around.  I continue to be really impressed with the forgiveness of this driver.  I get my normal distance on some very poor strikes.  Direction is another matter, but I think hitting it straight comes down to having the right shaft and making a good swing.  I've never encountered a driver head that magically turns a 6 degree closed face angle at contact into a straight shot and this one doesn't either.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

3 minutes ago, Hook DeLoft said:

Just an update.  I had thought of trying an "Otto Phlex" shaft in the Qi 10 Max but have been having really good results with a regular flex Kuro Kage shaft I had lying around.  I continue to be really impressed with the forgiveness of this driver.  I get my normal distance on some very poor strikes.  Direction is another matter, but I think hitting it straight comes down to having the right shaft and making a good swing.  I've never encountered a driver head that magically turns a 6 degree closed face angle at contact into a straight shot and this one doesn't either.

I don't have a Qi10 driver, but I have 18, 21, and 24º fairways to go with my 13.5° BRNR.
All four of them have Mitsubishi KaiLi Red 60 shafts, no extra cost, and Golf Pride Tour Wraps,
so I consider them a set of four.

The Mitsubishi regular flex shafts are working well for me (considering it's me).

They're clearly softer tipped than the R-flex UST Recoil 95s on my irons and wedges,
but not so torquey that they disperse wildly (unless I actually hit them wildly, of course).

On 5/17/2024 at 3:43 PM, revkev said:

I do have a question for the group. This head definitely performs differently from the Stealth 2 that I had. Since it fades more for me, I cranked it up one which should straighten out the ball flight. It did on the range. I was concerned that it would increase spin but it did not - it did increase my launch and overall distance though.

I have the plain old Qi10 with a white Diamana R flex at 44.25”.

Did the standard or ls testers try monkeying with the loft?  If so what were your results?  

thanks 

... Coming from the Stealth2 HD with a lighter weight in the heel and some lead tape on the toe that still produced a 3-5 yd draw, my std Qi10 produces a straighter ball flight but still can draw just a hair. If I leave the face open it can really push fade into another fairway though. Rare miss for me but it happens. I play my Qi10 turned down 2 clicks and it gives me a nice high ball flight that doesn't balloon and has produced the longest drives on every hole at my home course. As I have stated previously, it really is my Holy Grail. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x