Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Fujikura Speeder NX Blue and the relentless pursuit...

This week I purchased a Fuji Speeder NX Blue to replace a shaft that I grew out of in my TSi3.  It was somewhat on a whim however this decision was based more on recent experience and feedback I've read and watched on various pages and YouTube videos.  Some of you will roll your eyes and think why take the risk?  Truth is I've been very fond of how the Ventus Blue has worked and I have a lot of trust in myself to make a reasonable choice in what will fit after years of being here, working in golf and trying different shafts.  Today was the first day out to hit it and I plan to carry on this experience since there really is not a lot of info about this particular shaft online.

Some background first, my understanding was this was a replacement for the Evolution series...some say it is, some disagree.  I don't have an opinion.  What I will say is that it continues the smooth feel you'd expect from a Speeder.  What I was hoping to see and did enjoy, was the stability through impact.  The VTC, Variable Torque Core is not Velocore.  It is however, super stable through impact.  15 swings today and while the good ones sailed, the bad ones kept a very tight margin.  I wasn't too loose or swinging very well so of all the days to see how it would perform, today was the day.

I currently play a Ventus Blue in my 3 wood and thoroughly enjoy that setup...incredibly stable without the best feel.  It's not abrasive, just doesn't have that nice feel that I've experienced with the LAGolf DJ and the Tensei 1K white.  The Ventus Blue is a performer...point and shoot is what I like to call it.  I chose the blue NX for a similar profile and I am pleased after today's introductory session. 

Below are some photos and a video of one I caught quite well.  More to come as time moves along.

IMG_2962 2.jpg

IMG_2963.jpg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Glad you are liking the shaft. You probably could have picked a number of blue shaft profile shafts and got a feel you like better than the ventus blue. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Glad you are liking the shaft. You probably could have picked a number of blue shaft profile shafts and got a feel you like better than the ventus blue. 

Thank you, it was pleasantly surprising.  It's no disrespect to the Ventus, I would play it and be happy...for where I am in my game today, I have a stronger desire for a driver shaft that has that better feel characteristic.  

What you're saying was what I had banked on, knowing a similar profile "should" yield similar results.  More validating was that it wasn't really the best swinging day for me and it was as stable as I'd hoped. 

To keep the discussion going, what else within that profile and besides the 1K blue, what else would you throw in that group?

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

42 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Thank you, it was pleasantly surprising.  It's no disrespect to the Ventus, I would play it and be happy...for where I am in my game today, I have a stronger desire for a driver shaft that has that better feel characteristic.  

What you're saying was what I had banked on, knowing a similar profile "should" yield similar results.  More validating was that it wasn't really the best swinging day for me and it was as stable as I'd hoped. 

To keep the discussion going, what else within that profile and besides the 1K blue, what else would you throw in that group?

Feel for many plays a huge role. I’ve been fit on several occasions to the OG hzrdus yellow. Don’t like the feel but can’t argue the results.

i played then ventus blue for a year and agree with you about the point and shoot. I never had to worry about the ball going left which was nice, feel wise it wasn’t bad but wanted a different feel. I tend to prefer the feel of shafts with higher balance points, Aldila rogue being one. I’m a big blue profile fan.

Other shafts would be any of the graphite design shafts. They are all a variation of blue just different stiffness in different parts of the shaft. In driver the IZ is a good one and AD DI in the wood. I could do AD DI in driver with the right head. TM for me seems to make well.

Diamana TB or older Diamana Blue, Tensei AV Blue is another one that has a good feel

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

5 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Feel for many plays a huge role. I’ve been fit on several occasions to the OG hzrdus yellow. Don’t like the feel but can’t argue the results.

i played then ventus blue for a year and agree with you about the point and shoot. I never had to worry about the ball going left which was nice, feel wise it wasn’t bad but wanted a different feel. I tend to prefer the feel of shafts with higher balance points, Aldila rogue being one. I’m a big blue profile fan.

Other shafts would be any of the graphite design shafts. They are all a variation of blue just different stiffness in different parts of the shaft. In driver the IZ is a good one and AD DI in the wood. I could do AD DI in driver with the right head. TM for me seems to make well.

Diamana TB or older Diamana Blue, Tensei AV Blue is another one that has a good feel

It’s funny you mention the OG Yellow. That was what I chose for my first run with the G400 LST. I was around 112-114 that day and couldn’t turn over the 6.5. The 6.0 if I remember correctly was spin in low 2’s with a 1.49 smash and was carrying around 280-285. The fitter said that this is where you throw away the flex and go with what works. It worked. I’ve held onto that one for a while knowing I may bring it back one of these days.

Thanks for the info on GD. I know very little about them. Clearly popular but never one that I chose or included in a fitting. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

8 hours ago, bens197 said:

It’s funny you mention the OG Yellow. That was what I chose for my first run with the G400 LST. I was around 112-114 that day and couldn’t turn over the 6.5. The 6.0 if I remember correctly was spin in low 2’s with a 1.49 smash and was carrying around 280-285. The fitter said that this is where you throw away the flex and go with what works. It worked. I’ve held onto that one for a while knowing I may bring it back one of these days.

Thanks for the info on GD. I know very little about them. Clearly popular but never one that I chose or included in a fitting. 

I’ve had the yellow in 6.0 bit the 60 and 70g versions. G400 regualar head and TM 2016 M2.

I had it for awhile messing around in my 917 head and in the original sim, switched to the blue rdx to compare to the yellow since it was the replacement. 

Speaking of flex the 6.0 is going to play stiffer to some other stiff flex so not surprised that it worked better than 6.5 based on how PX designed the original hzrdus line for performance and ignored feel. They made sure for the evenflow line to incorporate feel into the design.

If you could get your hands on an evenflow blue it’s another option. 

I haven’t played much with the GD shafts outside of the DI and IZ. 

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I’ve had the yellow in 6.0 bit the 60 and 70g versions. G400 regualar head and TM 2016 M2.

I had it for awhile messing around in my 917 head and in the original sim, switched to the blue rdx to compare to the yellow since it was the replacement. 

Speaking of flex the 6.0 is going to play stiffer to some other stiff flex so not surprised that it worked better than 6.5 based on how PX designed the original hzrdus line for performance and ignored feel. They made sure for the evenflow line to incorporate feel into the design.

If you could get your hands on an evenflow blue it’s another option. 

I haven’t played much with the GD shafts outside of the DI and IZ. 

I did in fact put an even flow black in play after the HZRDUS yellow. Similar in play with the Even Flow feel. For the price, that was an excellent setup. For the EF I went 6.5 and played that setup for a few years while occasionally putting the yellow in play if I lost some confidence. 

We’ve read the EF thread, and that has been a great resource for a lot of people who want a good shaft that won’t break the bank. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Round 2 this afternoon for some validation.  Keeping the A1 setup with weight in the heel setting off the back of the head and its 5 yard cuts.  Since it was warmer today I was able to turn into a few a little better than the first go around...I can really feel the action through impact...I don't want to say it's loose, it's definitely a feeling of momentum while remaining remarkably stable.  Again, my margins were narrow today and I am freaking pumped about that.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Wish to have some insight.  Is the NX Blue like the Ventus Blue, but softer feel?  My issue with the Ventus has always been the feel.  Being a Speeder EVO player from the beginning I have come to expect the Speeder smooth feel.  But read so many great things on the Ventus and everytime I try it the feel puts me off...

57 minutes ago, Landy said:

Wish to have some insight.  Is the NX Blue like the Ventus Blue, but softer feel?  My issue with the Ventus has always been the feel.  Being a Speeder EVO player from the beginning I have come to expect the Speeder smooth feel.  But read so many great things on the Ventus and everytime I try it the feel puts me off...

This is my personal opinion and others may disagree.  The NX is super close to being a Ventus without being a Ventus.  There's a reason why Ventus dominates on Tour and among many players...it's that good.

I really love the Ventus in my 3 wood and it's not harsh, the NX is just smoother.

Given the choice to hit reset, I'd select the NX again because it gives me tight dispersion with better feel.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 minute ago, bens197 said:

This is my personal opinion and others may disagree.  The NX is super close to being a Ventus without being a Ventus.  There's a reason why Ventus dominates on Tour and among many players...it's that good.

I really love the Ventus in my 3 wood and it's not harsh, the NX is just smoother.

Given the choice to hit reset, I'd select the NX again because it gives me tight dispersion with better feel.

Thank you @bens197 this was the insight I was looking for.  Considering I'm not on Tour well looks like the NX will be just fine...

5 minutes ago, Landy said:

Thank you @bens197 this was the insight I was looking for.  Considering I'm not on Tour well looks like the NX will be just fine...

Of course. One thing you'll read here is YMMV...Your mileage may vary.  I hope it works well for you!

• Srixon Z-Star XV